Discontinued The Grasshopper

Robob

Veteran Vaporist
After cancelling my pre-order to see how things panned out it seems as tho GHL has (almost?) caught up on their orders?? its always hard to tell with their monthly updates as they have always been behind since i started getting them lol.
So has "beta" phase ended yet? from the past few pages I've read it seems as though we still have some kinks to work out, shame i was hoping to grab the one of the HT grasshoppers but don't have extra $$ to blow on a beta product at this moment unfortunately. The FF2 i picked up instead of GH has been treating me well.
Although VAS is starting to kick back in...

Last edited:
Robob,

Icon13

Serial Vapist
Received October 7th. First body failure October 10th. 3rd body failed yesterday, sensor damage (again). I use mine multiple times daily. Performance has degraded on every body that I have received until they finally stopped working. To be honest, these guys have a big problem on their hands.

mephisto

And yet we keep sending them money, who really has the problem? I have purchased 4, 2 of them were original kickstarters......
Side note, I will be able to test chamber temps with a thermocouple. Not sure how quickly this will take place, but I will be sure to let yinz know the outcome.....

Robob

Veteran Vaporist
Received October 7th. First body failure October 10th. 3rd body failed yesterday, sensor damage (again). I use mine multiple times daily. Performance has degraded on every body that I have received until they finally stopped working. To be honest, these guys have a big problem on their hands.

Looks like my question is answered TY, gonna wait it out a bit more maybe for a v2

Robob,

Icon13

Serial Vapist
And yet we keep sending them money, who really has the problem? I have purchased 4, 2 of them were original kickstarters......
Side note, I will be able to test chamber temps with a thermocouple. Not sure how quickly this will take place, but I will be sure to let yinz know the outcome.....
We do? I haven't given then another cent since my initial order. Will I eventually buy more batteries? Of course I will, I'm already over $200 deep into this thing. I wouldn't want this thing sitting on the shelf for that price because I'm too cheap to replace the batteries when they die. The fact of the matter is, I haven't spent anything on having them send me new parts, so if all I have to deal with is a few days of downtime until this company eventually goes out of business, I'm fine with that; sort of.

Icon13,
Reactions: Hjalmark

JoeMama

As for the battery/bowl ratio question. I'm finding that I'm usually getting 2 bowls+ per battery running almost exclusively at 4.1 or 4.2. I don't mind swapping batteries mid-bowl.

Other random notes: My SS will be arriving back from the lab tomorrow after they failed to duplicate my "brief red light followed by no heat" syndrome. Caroline suspects it was the clicker switch pin out of place issue which corrected itself. We'll see.

My son was up visiting this weekend and he tried my hopper. One hit ripped off the top of his head. He was impressed.

Thanks, Moon. And do you get thick clouds normally in the usage fashion you've described?
I dunno, it just seems that my grey Ti (which they returned "as is") seems to be weaker as compared with the previous backend. I have to be 4.5-5 and am seeing clouds that are not as thick.

Good luck with the unfixed return, yourself. Hope it did self-correct!

It's nice that you can vape with your son! Pop and Hop!

JeeezUS! I'm sorry about that, Icon. What a friggin' shame.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Thanks, Moon. And do you get thick clouds normally in the usage fashion you've described?

I don't know how the cloud chasers among us would regard them, but they are plenty thick enough for me. Sometimes - depending on how hard/long I draw - I get those exhales where the vapor JUST.KEEPS. COMING. It's pretty amazing.

Good luck with the unfixed return, yourself. Hope it did self-correct!

Thanks, I suspect Caroline is correct because a couple of days before it failed a friend was trying it for the first time and kept only pressing the switch partway, somehow throwing the hopper into auto-shutoff mode and requiring multiple clicks to cycle back to on/off mode. Never thought that would be the toughest part of the hopper to master.

It's nice that you can vape with your son! Pop and Hop!

Yeah, we have some fun. Before he moved away we used to have a great time. We'd vape up and then I would watch him play XBox games on our flat screen with full home theater sound. Portal, Half-Life...man, that was fun.

MoltenTiger

Never thought that would be the toughest part of the hopper to master.
The clicker is amusing to watch people try to work out. I would say, if I don't show someone how to click it, there is an 80% chance they timidly hold it in or get it wrong some other way.
I would have thought it would be more intuitive to more people, seeing how it works exactly like the thing it looks like. After a couple of chambers anyone can smash chambers like the best of us, though there is a lot of variance in how well people can tolerate the amount of cloud produced

Grepper

Truth to prevail
Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed. Warning point issued.
It is truly amazing that anyone would give this company money at this point. $350 hopper? GTFO They should really focus their time and effort on creating WORKING hoppers that last more than two clicks. Now before the fan boys start crying, this is just my two cents.... I was an early backer that had 10 warranty claims before I jumped ship. I have never in my 30 years of life dealt with such a dishonest, incapable and down right stupid company. This is just my opinion so don't get too worked up ;)

radiant34

It is truly amazing that anyone would give this company money at this point. $350 hopper? GTFO They should really focus their time and effort on creating WORKING hoppers that last more than two clicks. Now before the fan boys start crying, this is just my two cents.... I was an early backer that had 10 warranty claims before I jumped ship. I have never in my 30 years of life dealt with such a dishonest, incapable and down right stupid company. This is just my opinion so don't get too worked up ;)
I really love mine. Can't wait for all the new stuff they're coming out with

biohacker

I have never in my 30 years of life dealt with such a dishonest, incapable and down right stupid company.

Give it time. I only have 11 years on you, but I have dealt with MUCH worse, and some of them have been startup vape companies, go figure. You've had some horrible luck no doubt, it's actually difficult for me to fathom 10 RMA's since there are users that have no issues for months of use (heavy use in my case).

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
While I can't imagine the frustration you must feel for so many warranty claims, your post breaks our "Be Nice" rule. Specifically:
Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.

Please refrain from the name calling going forward.

Thank you.

:peace:

mio4me

Hello, I just received my Grasshopper. It seems to work fine. But I feel a bit confused by the fact that, when I turn on the device, after the red LED turns off and the blue LED turns on, this is not a continuous light, it is *flickering*! What does this mean? Is this a problem?
BTW, I do not get blinking red signals for low battery - just when the battery is empty, and the GH turns off.
Thanks for a feedback on this issue!
Best wishes

mrboxer

I got a new Hopper recently, it failed after the fifth time of use. First hot clip was an issue. Then came the red and blue lights, then just blinking red and shutting off.

Hopper Labs will not pay for return shipping, which I think is bad customer service since the product is brand new. Living in Norway, this produces a risk by having to declare the used item with customs and a high cost of 60$ for shipping.

Al..

I got a new Hopper recently, it failed after the fifth time of use. First hot clip was an issue. Then came the red and blue lights, then just blinking red and shutting off.

Hopper Labs will not pay for return shipping, which I think is bad customer service since the product is brand new. Living in Norway, this produces a risk by having to declare the used item with customs and a high cost of 60$ for shipping.
I feel your pain i'm in the UK and it cost's £12.. on my 8th now.. :(

hillbill

So just what is wrong with that post? Gripper expressed a simple honest opinion about a company with a piss poor record of reliability from someone who is frustrated with it. Just because one owner is recovering and dealing with their own cognitive dissonance is no reason to accuse them of attacking a company like that. Sorry if I hurt any feelings, but jumping on this discourages the next frustrated and abused customer from sharing anything about it.

Not paying postage for returns on a product known to be very unreliable seems unethical at the least. It really is not nice to test a product on paying customers either.

People need to feel free to voice negatives or this forum loses credibility and even it's value.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
@hillbill it wasn't the post expressing dissatisfaction, per se, that was the problem. It was the way it was worded. There are ways to get your point across without name calling.

AND.... a quick perusal of our rules would have also given you the knowledge that questioning a moderator post publicly on the forum is also against the rules. In the future, if you have a question regarding something a moderator has done, please take it to pm.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
"fun" to join current conversation with my titbit but I got an answer on my warranty request and suppose to send it back battery,charger and all

But now I am confused about one thing, should I send it back in the box just like I got it ?, or should I send it back in just some bubble wrapper and padded envelope

easiest to just pack it up like it came and send it back but worried about the numbers on the back of the box

Hjalmark,

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
"fun" to join current conversation with my titbit but I got an answer on my warranty request and suppose to send it back battery,charger and all

But now I am confused about one thing, should I send it back in the box just like I got it ?, or should I send it back in just some bubble wrapper and padded envelope

easiest to just pack it up like it came and send it back but worried about the numbers on the back of the box
I was also asked to send everything back. I sent mine back in a bubble-padded envelope with each of the three pieces (hopper, battery, and charger) separately wrapped in some bubble wrap.

btka

do you have only to ship the grasshopper or also charger...
if you only have to send the grasshopper I would send it in an bubble bag... the diameter of gh is under 2cm and weight depends if you have a ti or ss is between 50 and 100 gram... if you only have to send in the body it is maybe under 50 gramm... so you would have to pay between 19 and 35.--

in the newer user manual tjey say they only pay shipping back to you...

@Hjalmark

Inalso was asked tomsend the whole grasshopper and charger... I also asked caroline how I should send it and she told me I can send it how I want... I did send it in the original package (because it did not affect the shipping costs)... and asked her to send it me back in the original package...

did they change their warranty process... because in the past they send me a new/?refurbished? body and asked me to send the old back when I receive the new one... now they told me to send the gh, charger and battery and that they will replace the faulty parts (e.g. heat sensor) in my gh and send it back to me in working condition...

Last edited:
btka,
Reactions: Hjalmark

biohacker

*flickering*! What does this mean? Is this a problem?

It means you haven't read any of my posts on the topic within the last several pages. It's NORMAL.

Have look at the Grashopper fixes here on FC, to be honest this doesn t sound too good.

That's what I thought, but I was wrong.

Not many companies will pay for you to ship the device to them. This isn't just HL! Some will make you pay shipping back too! I have also had nothing but impeccable customer service. I'm not in the USA, shipping cross border isn't cheap, but I knew what I was signing up for.

People need to feel free to voice negatives or this forum loses credibility and even it's value.

Although I know exactly what you're talking about, and agree to a point, there is a reason why this forum kicks so much ass, and it's because the threads don't (usually) turn into shit shows. You can't just go calling companies stupid, or in my case "liars" (lesson learned!). The only alternative is to find another forum.

The retailer I purchased two GH's at indicated that because of the way they are actually packaged, they can be knocked and move around a little, and potentially that could cause an issue. I would just do exactly as @moondog and bubble each component to be sure.

did they change their warranty process... because in the past they send me a new/?refurbished? body and asked me to send the old back when I receive the new one... now they told me to send the gh, charger and battery and that they will replace the faulty parts (e.g. heat sensor) in my gh and send it back to me in working condition...

I think it really depends on what they think the issue is. If it's a known issue where they can isolate it to the body, or backend then probably yeah that's what has been done. However, if they are unsure of your symptoms, they require the entire equation in order to more easily diagnose and troubleshoot. This is just another great reason to own more than 1 GH! I'll do my own diagnosing and troubleshooting, then relay the info and hope that GH then first ships out the defective part that I have already isolated.

-------------------

Last night, I busted out the fine plate for my Kannastor GR8TR, spun up some very nicely cured Trainwreck, and just loaded 'er up to the brim! Super dry, super fine, and HO-LEE-SHIT the milk density just went up another level! SMOKE-like density, it vapes up alot quicker, and the medication effects were amazing!!!

Looking forward to putting these vintage GH's away when the new stock arrives tomorrow (again) so I can really test these flickering blue led super slick backends and put them to the test!

Mighty has been SOLD! GH > VAS. There, I said it! :razz:

Last edited:

btka

I think it really depends on what they think the issue is. If it's a known issue where they can isolate it to the body, or backend then probably yeah that's what has been done. However, if they are unsure of your symptoms, they require the entire equation in order to more easily diagnose and troubleshoot. This is just another great reason to own more than 1 GH! I'll do my own diagnosing and troubleshooting, then relay the info and hope that GH then first ships out the defective part that I have already isolated.

I also own two ghs, several batteries and I also changed the parts.. the backends of both ghs worked... I am not using the original charger from gh... only the body did not work (cop lights) I told this caroline and she asked me to ship the whole grasshopper and charger and if I like to test batteries also batteries...

In the past they send me first the body then I had to send my old body after receiving the new...

so I thougt they changed there warranty policy... maybe they have now free workers who repair broken hoppers which they needed in the past to fullfill the outstanding orders or they do not have that much bodies in their han
ds to send them out immidiatley (maybe because orders declined)... maybe the 3 to 4 weeks waiting time means they manufacture just in time when orders come in... ALL SPECULATION,!

did someone with a warranty claim recently got a body send before sending her/his hopper back?

Top Bottom