Discontinued The Grasshopper

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
I bought the SS because it was cheaper but now I love it because a lot of tools I use are SS also :)

Here is my new cooler with my two heaters
A7TyfeN.jpeg

I would not recommend it unless used dry or are you are a very soft hitter

I maybe should have not been so hasty and bought the shower head one instead but otherwise it's great dry on even 5

But still not small enough for my ultra light day time kit and not even going to make it into my camping kit instead might just go for a downstem and a plastic bottle = diy bong

natural farmer

Hopper helps me deal with grocery shopping. One long draw in the lot before hand. The only vape I own that allows this so quickly. It can alter buying decisions, though:

Mqo3mdz.jpg
Is this the colour of the donut before or after using the Hopper???

Damn, I would never eat that! But who knows what could happen after a couple of loads in the Hopper... :shrug::p:lol:

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
@ChooChooCharlie That's a bagel after going to a colour party.. loool
holi-2.jpg

and this is my bubbler with my faulty Hopper on my 2nd draw on 4.5 on the dial.. around 25-30'' draw and I've just blown out a damn good cloud and getting ready to suck in the 2nd one.. couldn't have made it in one go....:science::mental::worms:

Z6rzyh5.jpg

I just can't wait for my new part to arrive......:whoa::freak::rockon::bowdown::luv::peace:

biohacker

Is Caroline away? Not sure if I should hassle her to turn free shipping on for me so I can order batteries.

Turn free shipping on? Is there an FC discount code i'm missing out on? I'd say it's worth the hassle!

@vapviking, I don't know if you use the capsules for your Mighty, but i'm wondering how feasible such a delivery system could be for the GH? Also, what do you really prefer GH or Mighty? :D I mean, IF you only had to choose ONE.

GH ALL THE WAY! :nod:

Last edited:

Gramin

Na she's meant to be helping me bypass the website to ship to Aus via DHL. I've paid $15 USD already, then she's billed me another $25 USD which is crazy. Id be spending more on shipping than the batteries lol. Waiting to hear back hopefully I only need to pay another $10!

JoeMama

Eureka!

I believe I have finally figured out a method of telling dying batteries apart from new ones that I introduce into the cycle... This spot seems to get the least amount of contact with anything during typical handling, so I thought I'd share...

05VuoyU.jpg

Gramin

Would it be worth doing a discharge refresh run on some older batteries to bring them back to life or would that be a waste of a few cycles?

natural farmer

Eureka!

I believe I have finally figured out a method of telling dying batteries apart from new ones that I introduce into the cycle... This spot seems to get the least amount of contact with anything during typical handling, so I thought I'd share...

05VuoyU.jpg
Not sure I understand what you are trying to show here… The one at the top is the old one? Is it the button changing over time or the surrounding grey/black ring?

natural farmer,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Not sure I understand what you are trying to show here… The one at the top is the old one? Is it the button changing over time or the surrounding grey/black ring?
Joe colored the area around the tip with a Sharpie. I put them in my carry caddie so I don't see the tip and that's how I know it is fully charged. I'd have to change my whole system...lol!

I use a Sharpie also and just make some amusing and/or random squiggle on the blue cover when a battery is suspect. Those don't get many rides in the car anymore! At that point they'll get tossed before the marks wear off; my last straw is when a battery wont't get though one bowl on its' own. That's more hassle than it's worth.
We started Aug '15 with 7 in rotation; 4 have been tossed out and 2 GHB2's added to the working group. 3 extra B2's wait in the wings.

Side note,
In US, I have been able to save some $ (free!) on shipping of accessories by waiting until a Hopper needs service. Caroline has accommodated by grouping my purchase with the warranty item being sent out. I communicated my wish to do this via the dialog section of the warranty claim. I love the whole process now! This is helped by living about 5 minutes from a USPS.

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Speaking of batteries, the other day I received another two extra batteries. As I opened the zipper bag, I grabbed one put it my pocket and left home for a friend's house. While driving some funny smell started coming to my nose. Something like paint or sth similar as in toxic smell. After around 15' driving I got off my car and searched my pockets out of habit to make sure that I had everything I needed. To my surprise the battery was almost burning. I took it off the pocket and then I realised that I had it with my keys. The keys were also burning hot. Only then the battery started cooling down and the top part kinda opened slightly and the white plastic collar can be seen from one side of it. The smell was the battery's liquid that was about to pour from the inside...
Of course I haven't used this battery, I've sent Caroline about it and I'm waiting to let me know if I've done something wrong or the battery was faulty. Most than probably is the touching with my keys and probably I was even luckier that nothing else happened inside my pocket :p

MoltenTiger

Speaking of batteries, the other day I received another two extra batteries. As I opened the zipper bag, I grabbed one put it my pocket and left home for a friend's house. While driving some funny smell started coming to my nose. Something like paint or sth similar as in toxic smell. After around 15' driving I got off my car and searched my pockets out of habit to make sure that I had everything I needed. To my surprise the battery was almost burning. I took it off the pocket and then I realised that I had it with my keys. The keys were also burning hot. Only then the battery started cooling down and the top part kinda opened slightly and the white plastic collar can be seen from one side of it. The smell was the battery's liquid that was about to pour from the inside...
Of course I haven't used this battery, I've sent Caroline about it and I'm waiting to let me know if I've done something wrong or the battery was faulty. Most than probably is the touching with my keys and probably I was even luckier that nothing else happened inside my pocket :p
Holy shit dude, thank goodness the GH has such small batteries with safe chemistry.
Could have been very dangerous, be careful with those batteries!

Baron23

've sent Caroline about it and I'm waiting to let me know if I've done something wrong or the battery was faulty. Most than probably is the touching with my keys and probably I was even luckier that nothing else happened inside my pocket :p

Ya' think? :o

Yep, sounds like you shorted the battery with your keys. May I suggest more caution with Li Ion batteries....particularly if you like the body parts that in the vicinity of your pants pockets!! :ugh:

I'm very glad that this did not go further awry, but it easily could have.

NEVER store high discharge rate Li ion batteries with uncovered terminals as its an invitation to problems.

Cheers

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
This just landed in my inbox:

Key points:
  • Price hike
  • 3-4 week on demand purchase
  • >20,000 new batteries on their way to HL

header.jpg

Grasshopper Pre-order
December Update

Hi Everyone,

December proved to be a rewarding last month in 2016, as we delivered more than 1500 units before the holidays. We are working our way through the last of the pre-orders now. Despite plenty of delays, 2016 was the first year we delivered the Grasshopper in quantity. The Hopper Labs team overcame a lot of obstacles and refused to compromise, keeping our processes in-house and building the best product possible.

hoppersline.435507b8a585.jpg

As we enter 2017, anyone with an outstanding pre-order can expect delivery within 3-4 weeks. We are finishing assembly on pre-ordered devices and will be shipping them out shortly. A much-needed resupply of >20,000 batteries is arriving next week, so if you are waiting on a battery order, it will also be heading out to you.

As previously promised, pre-orders received reduced pricing over the final retail price. Pricing will change as we make the transition to on-demand delivery. Thanks for support us in the early days!

slopes.db9798a587b8.jpg

Moving forward we will be delivering accessories which were delayed in favor of getting everyone their units first. We will be tackling leather sleeves, water pipe adapters, and metal cases first. Updates on the progress of these will follow in the coming months.

The Grasshopper Team

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Grasshopper Pre-order

Boulder, CO

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Increasing of development to optimize the Hopper would be a thinkable point on their to-do-list too....just a thought

Hogni,
Reactions: Hjalmark

sk8man121

Frozen_Vaporent
Hey guys, so it appears that the hot back-end issues I've been experiencing are just getting worse, and I have to send my hopper (and batteries) in for an eval. Can anyone attest to how long it takes from mailing the hopper out to receiving it back round-about for a warranty request like this? My Firewood 4 will keep me going, but it's not great for moving around.

klipsch

Hey guys, so it appears that the hot back-end issues I've been experiencing are just getting worse, and I have to send my hopper (and batteries) in for an eval. Can anyone attest to how long it takes from mailing the hopper out to receiving it back round-about for a warranty request like this? My Firewood 4 will keep me going, but it's not great for moving around.

Had the same problem. Opened a ticket on Sept 4th, replacement shipped Sept 7th, received my replacement on the 15th. I am on the East Coast. The closer you live to CO the quicker the turn around time will be.

natural farmer

Not sure if anyone posted this before but if not, you guys need to try this out!!! The Arizer Air's stem with the plastic mouthpiece is the best dry cooling and filtering product I have ever tried! While when used as designed doesn't do wonders in cooling the Air's vapor (although still does a pretty good job), it is a completely different beast if it is placed AFTER the loading bowl or mouthpiece! And with the help of some silicone tubing it can fit many vapes!
What I have recently found out it does extremely well (using it with my Project Eraser) is this: after the vapor leaves the vaporizer of choice it hits the glass surface with the holes in the stem's bowl and is forced through the four small holes. That holed glass surface already cools the vapor a lot and also filters most of the small particles that stick on its resin covered surface. Then the vapor enters the next chamber where it is further cooled down and then it hits the plastic tip which cools it down even more and the silicone gasket keeps a few more particles! :whoa:

I have been able to take hits with my Project that would be impossible without a bubbler!!! :whoa:

Tonight a friend sent me this pic without me telling him anything about it (I think, not sure) so I thought to post it here! :tup: He is able to take enormous Hopper hits at 5 now without breaking a sweat!
Just try it if you have any laying around! Won't be disappointed! :tup:

hnnxxui.jpg

My iteration is this:

9uRGSES.jpg

CBlBsrx.jpg

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
None like the Hopper though... None can do what the Hopper does.
Not my cup of tea right now cause my budget likes the vapes a little more robust these days but I have to admit it's a spectacular design no matter how much I like to pick on my bro about its few shortcomings! :p

Hey man, thanks for the air stem suggestion.

Been following the Project thread and seen how happy you are with the results, how does it compare to the hopper in terms of vapour production and ease of use? I'm guessing the battery life is better :lol:

I love my hoppers (well one of em, the other is a little lazy) but gotta say the Project has had me intrigued. I especially like the idea of the project/vapcap combo. I feel like that would be a close approximation to the hopper in terms of heat and vapor. Especially if run through a water tool.

Top Bottom