Discontinued The Grasshopper

2clicker

Observer
Yikes! Looks like I'll wait a while lol, I prefer to buy things when they can be shipped lol

Still, this is no doubt my next portable - looks like it will dethrone my Mighty :D

i will also be waiting until they are shipping new orders. i medicate on the go with errl anyway so i can wait.

How much maintenance is needed to keep the Grasshopper's performances intact? and how easy is it to clean?

great questions!

2clicker,

fonzerelli

Thanks alot for your replies everyone.

So I tried with Firefox which was the only web browser I was missing and got the same paypal error. I sent another e-mail to Trevor but this time he responded super fast and he will take my order manually =)

Thanks for the help guys

What are you using for security software?

lovecrush

http://goo.gl/EsKJzJ
Thanks alot for your replies everyone.

So I tried with Firefox which was the only web browser I was missing and got the same paypal error. I sent another e-mail to Trevor but this time he responded super fast and he will take my order manually =)

Thanks for the help guys

I was having the same error, Trevor sent me a paypal invoice (request?) for the payment with the value of the items I wanted to buy.

lovecrush,
Reactions: 2clicker

TheWhisper

I have to say those last pages really make me want to jump in and order one!

It was maybe discussed before but how is the draw resistance? I just sold my Pax 2 because of it, it was just unbearable as soon as the unit was not super clean (especially if you have fresh sticky bud).

How much maintenance is needed to keep the Grasshopper's performances intact? and how easy is it to clean?

Based on what @BuzzDanklin and other users have said, the cleaning required is very minimal and very easy.

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
i will also be waiting until they are shipping new orders. i medicate on the go with errl anyway so i can wait.

This is exactly the experience that wil make you love the GH, it's all that convience of errl and the potency, using your own errl is one thing but if I were an "o-pen" style vape I'd be a little nervous

great questions!

The draw resistance is what you make it. You can sip it if you like or you can really rip it, totally up to you!

caphector

They'll likely have a few different problems; I imagine that as more units come out we'll see more reports of breakage. The real issue will be if the breakage is coming from a design flaw in the parts they have on hand versus the normal issues that happen when a new product is being assembled and shipped in volume.

caphector,

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
They'll likely have a few different problems; I imagine that as more units come out we'll see more reports of breakage. The real issue will be if the breakage is coming from a design flaw in the parts they have on hand versus the normal issues that happen when a new product is being assembled and shipped in volume.
Im guessing assembly (and kinda hoping) as it seems to be different problems popping up

vapebuddy13,
Reactions: btka

btka

someone had a similar problem blinking lights and so... and as far as i remember this person mentioned that trevor told him it was an assembly problem something with the temp. sensor or so was assembled badly or so...

maybe @midgetsanchez

2clicker

Observer
@slcbdco... you are telling me that a .3 of flowers medicates you as well as concentrated cannabis?

i would LOVE to get ahold of that strain!!! what is it?

im not aware of any flowers that can medicate on the level with concentrates. a dif type of medication sure, but not the same. there just arent enough actives in that small amount of flowers to equal the actives in a dab. try to extract the actives from .3g and see what your yield is.

it certainly cannot be the device.

and what is "o-pen"? and why would you be nervous? i use an RDA with a special coil in it. i dont use pens for errl.

I really hope there aren't too many more faulty production units; it would be so unfortunate if this promising vape got off to the same start as the Ascent (I had participated in the pre-order campaign and almost immediately sent it back due to off-gassing and poor overall quality control).

It doesn't take much to tarnish the reputation of a new product, not to mention that of a new company. Of course it's a lot of pressure, but hopefully the guys at Hopper Labs can use these unfortunate cases to optimize the assembly process.

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
I really hope there aren't too many more faulty production units; it would be so unfortunate if this promising vape got off to the same start as the Ascent (I had participated in the pre-order campaign and almost immediately sent it back due to off-gassing and poor overall quality control).

It doesn't take much to tarnish the reputation of a new product, not to mention that of a new company. Of course it's a lot of pressure, but hopefully the guys at Hopper Labs can use these unfortunate cases to optimize the assembly process.

Most people still see the Ascent as a good vape though since they did correct the issues...so thats what might happen here(2nd gen replacements with few differences).

TheVapeStation

@slcbdco... you are telling me that a .3 of flowers medicates you as well as concentrated cannabis?

im not aware of any flowers that can medicate on the level with concentrates. a dif type of medication sure, but not the same. there just arent enough actives in that small amount of flowers to equal the actives in a dab. try to extract the actives from .3g and see what your yield is.

and what is "o-pen"? and why would you be nervous? i use an RDA with a special coil in it. i dont use pens for errl.
Wouldn't that depend on the size of the dab? Personally I only take small dabs and can say I find it as strong as .3 maybe a little less than dabs but it is so close.

Just Justin

I have to say those last pages really make me want to jump in and order one!

It was maybe discussed before but how is the draw resistance? I just sold my Pax 2 because of it, it was just unbearable as soon as the unit was not super clean (especially if you have fresh sticky bud).

Draw resistance is very minimal and it pulls a little harder If the screen is dirty but it takes a lot. You can pull slow and get a denser hit or pull fast and get a lighter hit.

Cleaning and maintenance is a cool breeze, possibly the easiest vape to clean besides the Herbalizer. If you clean the chamber with a q-tip while it's still warm, that's all you will ever have to do, otherwise a q-tip soaked in alcohol will return it to new condition. The mouthpiece will clean up by soaking the whole assembely in alcohol and scrubbing it out with a brush,q-tip and/or pipe cleaner and you will get everything pretty much and you can go quite a while without cleaning it, especially if you brush it out every once and awhile. I hope they release the screen tool just because it would be nice to pull the mouthpiece apart to replace the screen if you had to and so you could deep clean it because there are a few pieces inside there where tiny bits can hide but it's not necessary.

wolfJflywheel

Pretty sure the home-brew rosin method calls for around a quarter gram and yields a decently sized dab or more from good strains. I prefer a screen out of an enano to a dab as I feel it gets me more medicated. It's definitely a different experience from a dab though, in my opinion a more enjoyable one, though I've certainly enjoyed plenty of both.

Can't wait until the queue gets caught up and GH can start shipping orders on demand. I have good feelings about this one! Had to order an Imag plus to hold me over until then, since someone shared a nice 50%+ off coupon.

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
You can pull slow and get a denser hit or pull fast and get a lighter hit.
That doesn't sound right. With convection, more air should mean more heat and more vapor. Does it seem like the heater isn't able to keep up with your draw?

nopartofme,

Just Justin

That doesn't sound right. With convection, more air should mean more heat and more vapor. Does it seem like the heater isn't able to keep up with your draw?
The heater is extremely powerful and it can keep up with any draw speed and its quite hard to over power the heater, you will be amazed. I understand convection as the slower you draw, the more time the air has to heat up and heat your herbs so more vapor. Faster draw, means less time for the air to heat up so it there is less vapor. I am not 100% but with my experience that's what I have noticed. I know if I set my Vapir Rise 2.0 on a low fan speed, I always get more, denser vapor than a faster fan speed on the same temp. Does anyone agree?

peaceonearth

high since 1968
RE the guy with the red/blue flashing lights ... sounds like the same issue @midgetsanchez had, and his had the old-style screen (and much lower s/n) and was a pre-production/beta unit sent in error. Perhaps midget's wasn't the only beta sent in error.

Last edited:
Top Bottom