Discontinued The Grasshopper

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
I guess I'm kinda shallow. I like the look of the colored version, and the black one seems stealthier than the regular ti or stainless steel.

From a visual perspective I don't think it matters, I think the extra stealth of the TI comes from the weight. The SS does NOT weigh inconspicuous, it's either a VERY nice pen or something cool trying to be a pen. The TI weighs no different than any swag bank pen, it's amazing, there would be no way to know it's got a 4 cylinder turbo under the hood from picking it up :rockon:

Tommy10

Can only find the expired indiegogo crowd fund page, anyone know you actually put your money down for one of these?

Tommy10,

Flyingcrocodile46

This is awesome. Just took the punt and ordered a second one. I feel insecure/vulnerable if I don't have two of everything I consider indispensable.:lol:

A comment back to complimenting Stealth/stash containers.

I had figured a working stash lighter was the way to go but the available $5-$9 lighters I found will cost $40-$50 for shipping to NZ :rolleyes: so I played around with other ideas. i.e I pulled the wadding out of one of my old Zippo lighters to make one stash that should hold around 4 oven loads and took the AAA battery out of an old scuffed up key-chain Maglite torch (3" x .6") that I haven't used in years and voila!.. another estimated 4 oven fills!

(edit) here's a link to a small working key-chain torch/Stash
http://www.shivaonline.co.uk/shop/stash_selection/stash_torches/products/stash_torch.html

Still looking for a better shipping deal on a working Bic or Clipper type stash lighter (the zippo won't work with weed) but with the Maglite on keychain and the lighter (8? oven loads), all I need is the GH's, a pocket protector................... and maybe a bib:lol:.

Last edited:

Tommy10

This is awesome. Just took the punt and ordered a second one. I feel insecure/vulnerable if I don't have two of everything I consider indispensable.:lol:

A comment back to complimenting Stealth/stash containers.

I had figured a working stash lighter was the way to go but the available $5-$9 lighters I found will cost $40-$50 for shipping to NZ :rolleyes: so I played around with other ideas. i.e I pulled the wadding out of one of my old Zippo lighters to make one stash that should hold around 4 oven loads and took the AAA battery out of an old scuffed up key-chain Maglite torch (3" x .6") that I haven't used in years and voila!.. another estimated 4 oven fills!

(edit) here's a link to a small working key-chain torch/Stash
http://www.shivaonline.co.uk/shop/stash_selection/stash_torches/products/stash_torch.html

Still looking for a better shipping deal on a working Bic or Clipper type stash lighter (the zippo won't work with weed) but with the Maglite on keychain and the lighter (8? oven loads), all I need is the GH's, a pocket protector................... and maybe a bib:lol:.

You're a kiwi? What was your shipping like, I'm waiting a bit longer but the price is really good and only 15usd to ship to Australia. $215 aud with 7 bats.

P.s currently watching what he do in the shadows with the arizer, great kiwi flick!

Tommy10,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
You're a kiwi? What was your shipping like, I'm waiting a bit longer but the price is really good and only 15usd to ship to Australia. $215 aud with 7 bats.

P.s currently watching what he do in the shadows with the arizer, great kiwi flick!
$215aud with 7batts?

Must be for the SS?
It worked out to $350 AUS for me to get the Ti version, 3 batts and the SS case...

135 for the SS
49 for 7 batts
15 shipping
=
199 usd = 256 aud

Am I miscalculating something?

Frederick McGuire,

EdE80

I just changed my blue Ti to the dark grey, Trevor says it won't cause any further delay if anyone is still flip flopping on their color choice

EdE80,

AgentXero

I forget who may have asked this before (@midgetsanchez ?) but does anyone have enough knowledge of the coloring process of titanium to know if the colors will get visible scratches?

AgentXero,

Edwardo

I forget who may have asked this before (@midgetsanchez ?) but does anyone have enough knowledge of the coloring process of titanium to know if the colors will get visible scratches?
If I remember correctly different colours will adhere at different amounts (marginally)... so one of those Ti colours will be the best choice in terms of scratch resistance! I just can't remember which. Also, its good news that all the anodised Ti are dull colours - vibrant colours don't adhere well to Ti apparently. I like all the colours, but think the grey is nicest personally.

Edwardo,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The dark grey titanium is the one I want too, but I'm thinking of going plain because I'm anticipating battle scars. Is the temperature dial stepped or not?

edit: I'm actually really digging the bronze... it's almost copper enough to feel like I'm in a french kitchen. It actually looks like an expensive Mont Blanc, or Cartier pen.

colors_front.9a6efc678ad9.jpg

invertedisdead,
Reactions: catbird

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
If I remember correctly different colours will adhere at different amounts (marginally)... so one of those Ti colours will be the best choice in terms of scratch resistance! I just can't remember which. Also, its good news that all the anodised Ti are dull colours - vibrant colours don't adhere well to Ti apparently. I like all the colours, but think the grey is nicest personally.

Titanium is not colored with dyes nor is it a coating. It's a process that adjusts the oxide level of the Titanium surface. This adjustment changes the spectrum of light, resulting in perceived color. By precisely controlling the surface oxide level, an entire range of colors can be produced.

http://www.electrohio.com/Finishing/TiAnodizing/TiAnodizing.htm

Here's a cool video showing the annodizing process, and how fast you can switch colors by changing the voltage
http://vidmax.com/video/109745-Science-you-crazy-Anodizing-titanium-reveals-so-many-beautiful-colors

Theoretically yes the Titanium will scratch eventually, but it's harder to scratch than the SS, so there should be less visible scratches on the vape over the course of it's life

Last edited by a moderator:

Skuma

Happened to me back in March, I tried the next day and it worked. Trevor answered but did not know what the problem was. Actually maybe I tried a different browser, do that.

Thanks hi_there,

I tried on chrome, safari, explorer and mobile and nothing.... And still no answer from Trevor.
That's too bad, I would really like to own one of these they seem really nice.

Skuma,
Reactions: 2clicker

Kalessin

@Skuma There was someone a while back, on the old GH thread who had the same problem, Trevor eventually got back to them and manually took their order, if I recall properly

Kalessin,

tubasco

Thanks hi_there,

I tried on chrome, safari, explorer and mobile and nothing.... And still no answer from Trevor.
That's too bad, I would really like to own one of these they seem really nice.
hi Skuma, I just tried and was able to get all the way through the process, up to the last part of confirming my order... I'm using Safari. The September date made me shiver. I'm an early December backer and I think I will explode if July doesn't happen!

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
Use chrome or firefox to connect to paypal. I cant use paypal on any other because it won't connect me to paypal pay site.

CG420,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I personally am sticking with my SS Grasshopper for now. Once I get it, I know I'll have Ti envy and gift my SS to a friend in need while I give GH labs a bit more of my money to buy a sexy dark-gray Ti GH
I was thinking after I pulled the trigger this afternoon that I hope you get your hands on a Grasshopper so you can 3D print up some SonG adapters for it :brow:

Tommy10

$215aud with 7batts?

Must be for the SS?
It worked out to $350 AUS for me to get the Ti version, 3 batts and the SS case...

135 for the SS
49 for 7 batts
15 shipping
=
199 usd = 256 aud

Am I miscalculating something?
Oopppssss. 4 batts, assuming it ships with one as well. Three additional.
$350 aud shipped for titanium seems awesome still! Have you received your first GH yet? Indispensable sounds promising!

Tommy10,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Oopppssss. 4 batts, assuming it ships with one as well. Three additional.
$350 aud shipped for titanium seems awesome still! Have you received your first GH yet? Indispensable sounds promising!
I only pulled the trigger this afternoon :)
Only have 1 on order ;)

Frederick McGuire,

Samy

I have to say those last pages really make me want to jump in and order one!

It was maybe discussed before but how is the draw resistance? I just sold my Pax 2 because of it, it was just unbearable as soon as the unit was not super clean (especially if you have fresh sticky bud).

How much maintenance is needed to keep the Grasshopper's performances intact? and how easy is it to clean?

Samy,
Reactions: 2clicker

EdE80

Just wondering, did any of the guys that have gotten their GH's get a Ti model? I can't remember seeing any pictures, and would love to see what they look like outside of a photo shoot setting

EdE80,
Top Bottom