Discontinued The Grasshopper

Havoc

Hi everybody. Quick question to the owners of a colored TI: what about scratches ? Very visible ? Hardly visible? Non-existent?
Thank you :)

Havoc,
Reactions: Hjalmark

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
And for those not looking at links

A5qBA7T.jpg

6Pe3a5F.jpg

edit:
Those are the same that the florists have for orchids etc, right?
Really nice!! As if they were meant to fill a GH :p

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Hi everybody. Quick question to the owners of a colored TI: what about scratches ? Very visible ? Hardly visible? Non-existent?
Thank you :)
Anodizing on the Ti will wear off over time with normal wear and tear. If you scratch it, it will show and turn the metal back to a silverish color where it is worn and scratched. Flame polishing or anodizing is a little more sturdy for long term preservation, but these are dipped in acid with an electrical charge attached that turns the outer surface of the Ti varying colors dependent on voltage.

SavageCore

Not really getting the clouds I was expecting and the whole unit gets hot after just a few draws all over.

Audible clicking has started in the heater as well this morning, already shot an email off to Vapefiend last night but you guys think this is a faulty unit?

Tried various grinds, temps, cultivars and the 2 batteries I have.

SavageCore,

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
Not really getting the clouds I was expecting and the whole unit gets hot after just a few draws all over.

Audible clicking has started in the heater as well this morning, already shot an email off to Vapefiend last night but you guys think this is a faulty unit?

Tried various grinds, temps, cultivars and the 2 batteries I have.

The audible sound is normal, also remember that clouds are inverse to pack, in other words the more lose and less packed it is the bigger the clouds. In fact in the rare occasion I need to be extremely stealthy, I will on purpose pack it super tight with fine ground and I can treat myself to flavorful and potent CLOUDLESS hits.

mod note: Broken quote fixed

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

@SavageCore Yeah, coming from a modified powerhouse EQ I was a little disappointed with the clouds.
Having really good quality bud does make a difference, as well as the amount packed in the chamber.

Audible clicking is normal, I think it's just the current being managed in the device.
_________
I'm dankrupt :(

I just tried some mugwort in the GH, it is pretty nice. I got a pretty fat billy rip with a full chamber - perfect for sleep times :)

Kasish

Could anyone please tell me the diameter of the glass piece i need for the hopper? Im in Thailand next to someone who makes stuff like this.

Kasish,
Reactions: Hjalmark

MoltenTiger

Could anyone please tell me the diameter of the glass piece i need for the hopper? Im in Thailand next to someone who makes stuff like this.
I might be able to use digital calipers at work to get some accurate measurements.
I'm not sure of a time frame that I can do this by however.

Using a ruler, the OD of the MP does indeed seem to be exactly 14mm
The OD of the oven seems to be 13mm
The ID of the oven chamber is about 9mm
I can't tell if the height of the MP is 35 or 36mm
The ID of the MP is just shy of 3mm

delloy

@lovecrush I have, use and personally prefer the Xtar over the Nitecore. I find the display on the Xtar better and easier to read and the Xtar can run direct from USB or via a USB Wall adapter. Whereas the Nitecore only runs direct from a wall outlet.

Great battery charger reviews can be found here :

http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review Charger Xtar VC4 UK.html

http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review Charger Nitecore Digicharger D4 UK.html

and some info on tested and approved wall adapters

http://lygte-info.dk/info/ChargerIndex UK.html

Last edited:

Tdtour

Looks like the D4 has more reviews and is cheaper. I however will use the Pila IBC charger, the Pila has gotten great review and is known to flashlight enthusiast. I used it for my 18650 batteries. I have nitecore flashlights but have not used their chargers, nor the xtar one.

SavageCore

@SavageCore Yeah, coming from a modified powerhouse EQ I was a little disappointed with the clouds.
Having really good quality bud does make a difference, as well as the amount packed in the chamber.

Audible clicking is normal, I think it's just the current being managed in the device.
_________
I'm dankrupt :(

I just tried some mugwort in the GH, it is pretty nice. I got a pretty fat billy rip with a full chamber - perfect for sleep times :)

All the videos I see seem to have much better results than me :/ Even on 5 I get light and wispy vapour and only light AVB. Very flavourful it feels like a hit at 5 or so on E-Nano or white on Air, low temp certainly. In videos such as Vapefiend's review I see a much thicker milking like I'm used to with E-Nano around 6.5-7.

Is that EQ modded ddave style?

Now I don't know if I expected too much from this vape or it is faulty....

SavageCore,

Vaperist

What is the best external charger: Nitecore D4 or Xtar VC4?
Xtar VC series are unique because they show (V) and (mAh) for each battery in exact number.

@Kasish . you can use a glass mouthpiece from a MagifFlightLaunchBox. just stick it in Hoper's silicone condom, and off you go! it should fit tight enough, so it was reported here a while a go.

Last edited:
Vaperist,
Reactions: lovecrush

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
All the videos I see seem to have much better results than me :/ Even on 5 I get light and wispy vapour and only light AVB. Very flavourful it feels like a hit at 5 or so on E-Nano or white on Air, low temp certainly. In videos such as Vapefiend's review I see a much thicker milking like I'm used to with E-Nano around 6.5-7.

Is that EQ modded ddave style?

Now I don't know if I expected too much from this vape or it is faulty....
It's either faulty or you haven't gotten used to using it. When I first got mine I thought it was faulty too, until I got the hang of it. Pack it loose 3/4 full and start off by inhaling slowly and ramp up the speed when you start feeling the vapor getting hotter. You can then turn it off while still inhaling to cool the oven down and the mouthpiece. I hope that helps.

Last edited:

Gandalf

@SavageCore

Try adjusting your draw speed. Hit it reasonably slow with a long, steady draw (8-10 seconds) until you feel like you've inhaled a lot of vapor - then you should get a big cloud. I too was under the impression that the device would be easier to use right off the bat, but after having it for some time now, you definitely need to learn the technique in order to get those big clouds.

I'm not sure if you've ever had or used a MFLB, but the technique I use is similar to the puff - pause - puff strategy I used with that vaporizer. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy to produce clouds.

The Grasshopper is definitely not as foolproof as I thought it'd be, and several of my friends who tried it had a difficult time getting clouds at first as well. I would really love for it to perform like the log vapes, where you start getting thick vapor the second you inhale.

Don't get me wrong, I love my GH, but I think there is still room for improvement.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
@SavageCore

Try adjusting your draw speed. Hit it reasonably slow with a long, steady draw (8-10 seconds) until you feel like you've inhaled a lot of vapor - then you should get a big cloud. I too was under the impression that the device would be easier to use right off the bat, but after having it for some time now, you definitely need to learn the technique in order to get those big clouds.

I'm not sure if you've ever had or used a MFLB, but the technique I use is similar to the puff - pause - puff strategy I used with that vaporizer. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy to produce clouds.

The Grasshopper is definitely not as foolproof as I thought it'd be, and several of my friends who tried it had a difficult time getting clouds at first as well. I would really love for it to perform like the log vapes, where you start getting thick vapor the second you inhale.

Don't get me wrong, I love my GH, but I think there is still room for improvement.
Yes, that's exactly what I meant to write lmao! You elaborated and explained it better. I find that it's easy to use once I've started it out for them. For example, I'll take the first hit because I know how to pull clouds now and then pass it to my gf because it will be hot/ready by then. She is then able to draw on it and produce clouds instantly. You are definitely right that you have to prime it before use. I believe @Vape Dr. mentioned doing this as well, and I was confused about what he meant. Now I know lol

Top Bottom