Discontinued The Grasshopper

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
And I recommend following VF on Twitter if you're thinking about making a go at the next batch. They posted about the restock about 4 hours before it went live
I think they said they wouldn't sell them like they did last time. I believe they said they would put them all up for sale and when they're gone they're gone.

Vapetrees,
Reactions: EdE80

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
They did say that, but I'm reffering to future restocks. I'm just assuming that they are indeed getting more stock from Hopper Labs, despite what anyone says....
Time will tell, I have a feeling they won't restock until after preorders start shipping.

Vapetrees,
Reactions: Hjalmark

Venturi

Hello,

I have been a long time lurker. After waiting for my July 2015 preorder, I just decided to get it from Vapefiend, and after a week long wait, it finally arrived today!

First Impression: Like others have stated before, the build quality is amazing. After inspection of the exterior, I pulled some hot air through the device. Not to my surprise, the mouthpiece gets kinda hot... However, it's very manageable. To compare the experience, it's like getting into a hot bath. Soon as you put your foot in the tub, it's very hot, but after a while, you get used to the temperature.

Charging: After visiting this forum religiously, waiting for my Hopper, I have also noticed a correlation between the stock charger and failure rate. So, I have ordered an external charger (Xstar MC1 Plus). But I, an impatient man, tried out the stock charger. Interestingly, if I put my ear close to the hopper while it's charging, I can hear some kind of weird static sound, like the kind you hear on a poorly recorded song. I'm not remotely knowledgeable on electricity to find out the cause, so if fellow Hopperians can try it to make sure that it's not only my device that's doing this, I would be grateful.

Overall, I feel like this would be my final and ultimate vaporizer for years on end.

Last edited:

JoeMama

Gree-tings all...

Another goodie I want to pick up is a decent, not-too-expensive bubbler to couple with my Grasshopper (when it finally gets shipped hopefully this month.... this is like preparing a baby's room before the stork's arrival, except I'm more anxious about this:freak:).

I'm completely new to the use of bubblers:uhh:, so, what do I need to know insofar as the GH is concerned? I hear about "14mm", and other dimensions, assuming it's about adapting the GH, etc...

I'm thinking of the smaller varieties, rather than ones that could pass as table centerpieces.
...what brands to start with, what to look for (hole-sizes, etc), best design....

I gratefully welcome recommendations and advice from the more seasoned purveyor of such accessories...

Last edited:

McQuack

Latest Facebook Update:

Reporting to you from Hopper Labs:

Great week over here. Things are moving along smoothly and we are almost ready to get a huge batch of Grasshoppers shipped. Please keep an eye out for address confirmation emails coming soon. These are sent to the email address you use to log in to your account on GHVape.com. A good way to know if you have been sent an address confirmation email is to check your order status on your account. The order status will change from "In Progress" to "Processed" once your address confirmation email is sent.

As always, we thank everyone for the support and patience. We are working hard to get through these pre-orders quickly and are excited to get everyone's Grasshoppers out in the wild!

Now, back to work,
-The Team

Thcgos

Vape Addict
Gree-tings all...

Another goodie I want to pick up is a decent, not-too-expensive bubbler to couple with my Grasshopper (when it finally gets shipped hopefully this month.... this is like preparing a baby's room before the stork's arrival, except I'm more anxious about this:freak:).

I'm completely new to the use of bubblers:uhh:, so, what do I need to know insofar as the GH is concerned? I hear about "14mm", and other dimensions, assuming it's about adapting the GH, etc...

I'm thinking of the smaller varieties, rather than ones that could pass as table centerpieces.
...what brands to start with, what to look for (hole-sizes, etc), best design....

I gratefully welcome recommendations and advice from the more seasoned purveyor of such accessories...

The grasshopper will fit into any 14mm female connection (use the silicone session extender so you don't scratch your GH).
If you do get a bubbler, ensure its either 14mm OR if its 18mm.... get a 18->14mm reducer (they are like $2).

I would recommend going to dhgate and using "sunshinestore" (an FC favourite).
http://m.dhgate.com/search.do?key=Sunshinestore
They have a large array of quality pieces at great prices.
They come from China so be prepared for a 2-3 week wait.

FC favorites include, the ever popular D020-D.
It's a small 9" bubbler that works amazingly.
http://m.dhgate.com/product/d020-d-...s-bong-water/244202146.html#s1-1-1|4064825383
(Got this one one vaporizer wizard's recommendation and haven't looked back)

Or if you want an even smaller bubbler look at the pinacle pro style bubbler.
http://m.dhgate.com/product/pinnacl...e-vaporblunt/184494946.html#s4-9-1|2620733599

There is a FC thread for cheap glass. Maybe look there if these don't suit your needs.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-high-quality-bubbler.5255/

Last edited:

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Gree-tings all...

I understand about looking for something not so big, but people have given this one very high marks and it's the direction I'm leaning in because of the general high-quality of Magic Flight's stuff:

http://sales.magic-flight.com/original-maple-orbiter-1/

Here's a video of the two working together:

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
I understand about looking for something not so big, but people have given this one very high marks and it's the direction I'm leaning in because of the general high-quality of Magic Flight's stuff:

http://sales.magic-flight.com/original-maple-orbiter-1/

Here's a video of the two working together:

I have exactly this setup! HIGHLY recommended meant in every way you could conceive of such as:

I live at 5890 feet

or

I'm writing from my top floor apartment

or

I'm wicked baked when I'm writing this (a lot of that one pursuant to ...)

OR

A Grasshopper and Orbiter will bounce you into some sort of inescapable circular thingamajig for sure (mostly this one)

or

Above just happened to me (You may think that but I couldn't possibly comment)

#GIM

GTAVaper

Hi JoeMama,

Here a couple to check out. I would go 18mm and then just use a reducer.....the DHGate store will probably throw one in for free if you explain that all your bowls are 14mm.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/advan...-glass/218126546.html#s1-0-1b;searl|892176781

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/2015-new-22-5cm-height-glass-bong-matrix/246037819.html

A couple of nice pieces from Steven's store.....I have the stereo matrix version of the Mobius knockoff and love it and I will definitely be getting the pillar. I went into THC Store in Toronto and an original Sovereignty pillar was going for about $1400. Better quality of course, but for $59 US you can't go wrong with the knockoff.

Also almost every piece in Stevens store has a Youtube video in the description that shows how it operates in action.

JoeMama

The grasshopper will fit into any 14mm female connection (use the silicone session extender so you don't scratch your GH).
If you do get a bubbler, ensure its either 14mm OR if its 18mm.... get a 18->14mm reducer (they are like $2).

I would recommend going to dhgate and using "sunshinestore" (an FC favourite).
http://m.dhgate.com/search.do?key=Sunshinestore
They have a large array of quality pieces at great prices.
They come from China so be prepared for a 2-3 week wait.

FC favorites include, the ever popular D020-D.
It's a small 9" bubbler that works amazingly.
http://m.dhgate.com/product/d020-d-...s-bong-water/244202146.html#s1-1-1|4064825383
(Got this one one vaporizer wizard's recommendation and haven't looked back)

Or if you want an even smaller bubbler look at the pinacle pro style bubbler.
http://m.dhgate.com/product/pinnacl...e-vaporblunt/184494946.html#s4-9-1|2620733599

There is a FC thread for cheap glass. Maybe look there if these don't suit your needs.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-high-quality-bubbler.5255/
Moondog & Thcgos & GTAVaper (I still don't understand how to use that Multi-Quote function, so I apologize for directing my response in this more impersonal way)...

Many thanks for the info! Yes, "Reducer", that's what it was, thanks.:tup:

Ha, I like a few of the suggestions... The Magic-Flite is interesting; it looked so much bigger in the pic until I went to the site to check... it's also an attractive piece.

Since I just want to take the edge off the cough-reflex by cooling the vapor a little, I think the Pinacle Pro would be choice #1. I like the look of the 22cm Mobius, but it's just a tad oversize for me. My lungs aren't that big :)

I'll watch some more of the Youtube vids for sure...

Some bubblers offer "percolation"I don't know what good percolation does for vapor... perhaps it's more for burning leaf.

Anyway, thanks again!

Hmmm, now what color wallpaper... ...

Last edited:
JoeMama,

GTAVaper

It isn't the size of the chamber that is important......you just keep inhaling over multiple inhalations and you don't NEED to clear it at the end of each inhale

....just keep going until the herb is spent and the chamber vapour will thin and you can clear it at the end.

The small Mobius clone is only around 8".....perhaps someone who has one can chime in regarding the size of the chamber and how they find it.

Once you've tried one glass pipe......you will most likely get another anyways :)

BadDog No

Happy to come upon this thread since I've been an Orbiter fan for a couple of years and was hoping it would mate well with the GH. I'm using mine now with a bag system. Highly unrecommended by MFLB I'm sure, but I like to detach the glass and just cradle it in my hand like a stemless cognac snifter. I know there are some beautiful mouthpieces out there that you can use in place of the MFLB whip but I find a simple 14/10 reducer is all I need. I think I'll get a couple of 14 mm stoppers so I can go portable once my GH arrives. Also in the basic cheap thick glass category I've recently added the amazingly small and sophisticated Pinnacle microshower which I'm sure we've all also seen on youtube. Silly me, I never knew glass could be so much fun!

BadDog No,
Reactions: ragnorokk

vapviking

Old & In the Way
On the topic of water/glass with Grasshopper, clearly the choice to make the hopper's diameter 14mm was intentional! As some folks are exploring, there are lots of sub-threads here about water use. Big world.

I'm learning that there are two schools of thought. Water(or ice)-as a cooling agent or Water-as a humidifying agent. Combustion (smoke) is very high temp. and more harsh than vape, so the cooling provided by a bong is more noticeable/effective. Moisture is also introduced. But with vaping (lower temp. than combusting) extreme dryness is the bigger culprit and so, some recommend warm water for use in bubblers or various water pieces. Of course everyone's going to have his/her own sweet spot, needs and methods. I've tried ice water and have tried hot water, though I can't say one is better than the other for me. Could be my equipment is too low-tech, idk. I'll still cough either way if I go too hard too long. Moderation!

I look fwd to using this little beast with water. Sounds like its wants to be cooled, with all the talk of hot mouthpiece/short vapor path. Though with Mighty I do enjoy going back and forth, since it works so effin' well all by itself.

Welcome over here, @BadDog No !

EdE80

All good advice and insight, thanks! I'm also looking into a 14 mm bub to partner w it, trying to stay one step ahead

EdE80,
Reactions: Hjalmark

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
I just wanna chimney in on the "glass for vapes" thing but what I been trying to look for is as little infusion as possible because I wanna hold on to the flavor

the D0202 has been great in that regards and also the Pinnacle pro hydrotube but finding a big bong that has just single showerhead or slid perc or something with a lot of airflow is not easy :/

here are some samples;

this is excatly the amount of diffusion I want for bud and even enough for concentrates through my Enano
http://www.dhgate.com/product/two-f...-8mm/212090815.html#s1-16-1b;searl|4008043906

Here is another old school design with a removable stem but would like it to have 4x times the volume, right now I am just looking for a BIG BONG for my Enano and too test out the Grasshoppers heater
http://www.dhgate.com/product/bong-...thick/254102512.html#s2-8-7b;searl|4270241280

so if anyone here as some tips on a nice big glass bong then PM me or just link it here, would like to find something bigger

also here a bonus ;) J-Hook is a really nice addition for your glass collection when you wanna sit down and enjoy a good toke

http://www.dhgate.com/product/multi...recinfo=8,0,8#vhpd-8-5|null:0#pu1403-viewed-8

Hjalmark,
Reactions: GTAVaper

MoltenTiger

I agree, Stevenlmz79 is a good search query for DHgate.

Just be mindful, with the style I have quoted above, a low profile 18-14 reducer won't fit in some cases because of a recessed inlet.

^I might just mention that my favourite glass (D020) used with the GH has this issue, I have over come it by using a MFLB rubber band to seal the joint off. They are pretty much the perfect size. I used a bit of hempwick to cover up the rubber (I tried this initially and it did work to some extent, but the MFLB band gives a perfect seal).
b9diyf.jpg

To anyone purchasing glass for the hopper, think of the ergonomics along with the aesthetics.
Lowering the hopper with the smaller adapter above brings the dial to eye temp for eg.

I might also mention the particles seen on the glass came from the hoppers chamber.

And one further edit to add that I have just sorted out my warranty request for a new charger. It is being sent out today and will have with it 5 extra batteries.
They were very easy to deal with about this and I got very quick responses during the end of the process. I have not paid shipping on the replacement, but they have requested I return the dodgy charger.

Last edited:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I have a gb-187 which I believe which is a möbius matrix clone, and it does a really good job at cooling the vapor, but it may have too much diffusion because I can't really taste the vapor. If I want flavor though I'll use the GH without a water tool at 2.5 and work my way up from there.

GTAVaper

I have the stereo matrix GB-186 which works very well and I even have a cylindrical ash catcher attached with two more internal diffusers.

This setup works VERY well at cooling with the 4 bubblers working. I taste the green of the vapour on the first hit and then that disappears but then again the burnt popcorn taste is never very strong at the end of the chamber either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom