Discontinued The Grasshopper

delloy

UPDATE - plugged the charger directly into my computer and low and behold 1/2 hour later the unit is functioning again from being completely dead and not charging / no lights / nothing.

I think there may be an issue with using an apple wall charger (usb-wall plug) with the magnetic charger supplied I am researching getting a nitecore and some replacement batteries as I only have the one batt to date.

Scary stuff I really thought it was game over there.

The output from the wall charger needs to be at least 2.1A to charge the GH I think. So it may depend on the type of Apple wall adaptor you are using, as my iphone 6s wallcharger outputs only 1A and my iPad adaptor 2.1A

tr33sPlease

R/GrasshopperVape is such a weird place. Shared my link for Vaporizer Wizard's contest (after @subway13029 hooked us up with the info here,) and am being down voted to oblivion because I didn't think to mention it was a refferal link (which is apparently 'not cool.')

Here I thought people would be excited to try an win a free hopper from a well-known source.

Edit: Now my ethics have been called into question. I do not think that word means what they think it means.

I could see why people have a problem with that...I personally think it was pretty clever of you. Though I am glad I used the non-referral link posted here though, increases my chances, haha.

tr33sPlease,

TokesandJokes

This infamous device arrived on my doorstep yesterday and I wanted to share some observations and experiences I have had.

-Its exceptionally light. I don't have a scale, but the battery is easily 1/3 of the total weight.

-Mouthpiece and body come together so precisely that the seam virtually disappears unless under close inspection. It really is a piece of art. The whole body is just an elegant piece of work.

-The stainless steel clip gives me a good idea of the feel of both the devices and I can imagine a stainless steel hopper would be a tad more slick than the slightly more textured titanium.

-Saw "10 Cloverfield Lane" at the movie theater and walked to the bathroom, clicked and hit it, and I was back in the theater in 60 seconds. Its a game changer for many reasons and this is one of the most important. Speed Medication on the go, or at home.

-If I want to session at a friends I have my Mighty and at home I use a mix of Mighty/DBV, but neither comes close in ease of use. Quick hit before I gotta run some errands and the GH is just the better choice and with the Temperature Dial I mention below there is a great range of ways you can customize your hit.

-I usually click off the device 3/4 of the way through the hit to not only conserve material and battery, but to dissipate the heat out of the mouthpiece faster. It also helps as I have forgot to turn off the device a few times after the hit because of the effectiveness and amazement this device brings.
Temperature Dial

• The dial requires enough work that it won't change on its own
  • It is surprising precise: giving different hits at 2.2 vs 2.6 and that can be expanded even further by using different strains and grind variations. Customization of your extraction is next level
  • 2.5: Visible hits not huge cloud volume, but produce the best flavor/coolness combo
  • 3.5: Huge Clouds, noticeably hotter
  • 5: Gotta use my D020 and holy hell it clouds it up like no vape I have used (Mighty, DBV, Hammer Pro) Taste is similar to Mighty at this point (4-5)
Flavor:
-I have used no other portable that matches the taste of this device. As with any Vape the flavor diminishes with every hit, but the GH can sustain far better than even the Mighty under the right circumstances. By that I mean you can destroy a whole bowl with one hit or two on a higher temperature or baby it over 3-6 hits, on a lower temp. I use the approach I have with my Mighty where I step up the temp after every hit to make sure I extract thoroughly.

-The Hopper is Equal to my DBV Desktop in flavor and only is slightly edged by the EVO (which I don't own, but have used from time to time) IMO

-I use a Nitcore i4 charter (2014 edition) I got off Amazon to charge the battery and the extras I have being delivered from HL.

-Extra goodies II got: -Extra Silicon Mouth piece -3 Batteries -Leather Sleeve (Will be tight at first let it stretch over time)

-Based on email exchanges directly with HL, they have no recommendations as how you should transport your batteries and noted that they personally carry them in their pockets or purse without worry of dissipation or safety concerns

-Loading is not the easiest, yet a plastic or glass "doob tube" should work nicely on the go.

-Do NOT blow into the heater

-I am currently knocking on wood while I use it to make sure it holds up.

-This is really an amazing product and the one place I can't wait to use it is at the sports venues as it seems perfect tailgating and in stadium. 7th inning stretch is going to be taken to a whole other level.
I will post more observations as I go on.

http://imgur.com/a/qCm7t

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
The output from the wall charger needs to be at least 2.1A to charge the GH I think. So it may depend on the type of Apple wall adaptor you are using, as my iphone 6s wallcharger outputs only 1A and my iPad adaptor 2.1A

Here's the thing.

I've asked Caroline about this in the past. Specifically, I asked if it was safe to use Apple bricks to charge from an outlet or power surge. Here is her response as of 10/7/15: http://imgur.com/gallery/KDzlxRW/new

And sorry for the image... I searched for 15 minutes on how to properly post pictures for the 3rd time now and I am so dense I can't figure it out. Sorry :shrug:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
KDzlxRW.png

Mister G,
Reactions: AJS

TokesandJokes

Man this vape has been by far the best I've used. It's not the best at everything, but all of its skills come together to create the best experience. I think of vapes like athletes. Each has their own things they bring to the table. Like in basketball. Some are better at shooting threes, some inside or defending, but some are the best all around and can be useful in every situation. I think the grasshopper is the best all around vape, but that doesn't mean it does everything the best.

MoltenTiger

Still loving this thing.
2z4d09i.jpg

I have got bubbler hits figured out now, it seems anything above 4 will produce the goods. The more material you put in (to a point), the more clouds you get - as with any vape.
I have found that if you rip too fast, you don't get as good a result as with a steady slower drag. I guess, when connected to a bubbler, the dynamics change a bit, and you can drag faster than the hoppers heater can deal with. It can still handle a pretty solid rip though, probably a harder hit than my EQ, but if you want white walls, you do have to work for them a little. There's not much of a learning curve though, basically none if you've used other vapes through water - you just need to find the sweet spot (which will vary a bit depending on grind/strain).

I used it to wake and vape this morning, and it worked awesomely. One hit has seen me through the last 5 hours and I have still managed to get things done, though not much was done for a couple hours directly after :lol: (@slcbdco 's GIM is a real phenomena, absolutely)

Interestingly, I am convinced it is more efficient than my EQ, it just doesn't hit the super-high temps or have room for as much material meaning less dense/less smoky clouds.
Judging from AVB, it is more efficient at extraction, but it won't produce as much visible cloud (pre or post glass).

Check it out:
This is a temp 5 hit in normal light (night time, in the kitchen with only ceiling lights [note that the shadows are darker in the second, only because I am sitting in front of the piece blocking light from behind me])
11gq610.jpg

It reaches this cloud density after about 8-10 seconds and holds it solidly for another 10 seconds when it then tapers off.

A guaranteed good time.

FizzNuggets

Warranty filed this morning.

Hopper combusted herb, then wouldn't vape, then combusted herb again, then red/blue lights after heat up when I tried to rip it, then straight red light, no blue at all.. I toasted this little thing.

Was loving it until this point. Don't know if these guys have the long term covered. I hope this isn't the beginning of something.

For the record, 75%+ of its use is on 5 thru water. Told you all I would drive it hard.

When it clouded my little bong like smoke, I had a feeling something was up, then the taste hit me.. Give me back my vapor hopper!

MoltenTiger

@FizzNuggets Hope your warranty process is smooth, let us know how it goes.

I definitely feel running this thing on 5 is a lot for it to handle, even lowering to 4.5 it seems to perform more consistently and handle back-to-backs better.
How many back-to-back hits were you doing on 5?

Vaperist

Still loving this thing.
2z4d09i.jpg

I have got bubbler hits figured out now, it seems anything above 4 will produce the goods. The more material you put in (to a point), the more clouds you get - as with any vape.
I have found that if you rip too fast, you don't get as good a result as with a steady slower drag. I guess, when connected to a bubbler, the dynamics change a bit, and you can drag faster than the hoppers heater can deal with. It can still handle a pretty solid rip though, probably a harder hit than my EQ, but if you want white walls, you do have to work for them a little. There's not much of a learning curve though, basically none if you've used other vapes through water - you just need to find the sweet spot (which will vary a bit depending on grind/strain).

I used it to wake and vape this morning, and it worked awesomely. One hit has seen me through the last 5 hours and I have still managed to get things done, though not much was done for a couple hours directly after :lol: (@slcbdco 's GIM is a real phenomena, absolutely)

Interestingly, I am convinced it is more efficient than my EQ, it just doesn't hit the super-high temps or have room for as much material meaning less dense/less smoky clouds.
Judging from AVB, it is more efficient at extraction, but it won't produce as much visible cloud (pre or post glass).

Check it out:
This is a temp 5 hit in normal light (night time, in the kitchen with only ceiling lights [note that the shadows are darker in the second, only because I am sitting in front of the piece blocking light from behind me])
11gq610.jpg

It reaches this cloud density after about 8-10 seconds and holds it solidly for another 10 seconds when it then tapers off.

A guaranteed good time.
have you tried to do bong hits without a water in it? should be more potent, as a lot of THC gets filtered in water. and, if you don't use a water, you can rinse that reclaim out with ISO. then put that liquid in a dish and let alcohol evaporate. wollaaa- you got reclaim dabs and more potent Hopper hits in da first place.

Vaperist,

Thcgos

Vape Addict
have you tried to do bong hits without a water in it? should be more potent, as a lot of THC gets filtered in water. and, if you don't use a water, you can rinse that reclaim out with ISO. then put that liquid in a dish and let alcohol evaporate. wollaaa- you got reclaim dabs and more potent Hopper hits in da first place.

I have to say, I haven't tried a bubbler without water, I'll give it a shot.

But you can still ISO reclaim even when you do use water, water evaporates too.

Thcgos,

FizzNuggets

@MoltenTiger , I usually do about 2 "loads" that gives me around 6-8 nice water rips over no less than 5 minutes. I like to take my time through it. Very rarely is it left on for two hits, usually when my wife joins, but she has little weakling lungs and doesn't take the draw I do.

Personally, if you can't get through a battery without some excuse of having to shut it off, let it cool down, don't want to hurt the unit, then I don't think this unit is meant for A LOT of us. I am pretty accepting of the warm backend and mouthpiece, but not being able to put it on its max setting (they picked that not me), tells me they should have stopped at 4 then. Should not be on me to rediscover the tolerances of this devices natural settings.

I'm not bitter. Just seems like they have some work to do. Still my favorite vape, but has some kinks to work out.

BuzzDanklin

12825939_1531050963856884_1525035225_n.jpg

Hey Guys, there is about 40 hours left on my SS Grasshopper Giveaway. This unit is an IGG backer unit that is in hand. I have discussed the giveaway with Trevor and have confirmed that the Warranty is valid and will transfer to the winner. I also have a few more vapes (including another Grasshopper and a Pax 2 that I will also be giving away soon so keep your eyes peeled)

Check out the giveaway here: http://www.vaporizerwizard.com/giveaways/grasshopper-vaporizer-ss/

McQuack

Hey Guys, there is about 40 hours left on my SS Grasshopper Giveaway. This unit is an IGG backer unit that is in hand. I have discussed the giveaway with Trevor and have confirmed that the Warranty is valid and will transfer to the winner. I also have a few more vapes (including another Grasshopper and a Pax 2 that I will also be giving away soon so keep your eyes peeled)

Check out the giveaway here: http://www.vaporizerwizard.com/giveaways/grasshopper-vaporizer-ss/
Thanks! I guess my chances to win a hopper from you are much higher than getting my pre-ordered hopper next months... :lol:

JoeMama

-I use a Nitcore i4 charter (2014 edition) I got off Amazon to charge the battery and the extras I have being delivered from HL.

-Extra goodies II got: -Extra Silicon Mouth piece -3 Batteries -Leather Sleeve (Will be tight at first let it stretch over time)

-Based on email exchanges directly with HL, they have no recommendations as how you should transport your batteries and noted that they personally carry them in their pockets or purse without worry of dissipation or safety concerns

-Loading is not the easiest, yet a plastic or glass "doob tube" should work nicely on the go.

-Do NOT blow into the heater

-I am currently knocking on wood while I use it to make sure it holds up.

-This is really an amazing product and the one place I can't wait to use it is at the sports venues as it seems perfect tailgating and in stadium. 7th inning stretch is going to be taken to a whole other level.
I will post more observations as I go on.

http://imgur.com/a/qCm7t
Nice post, Tokes!
So with all the info about "extra batteries", I'm curious as to how long a single charge lasts. Now that there are more hoppers out there in use, what is the consensus on how many sessions at what particular temps are to be expected before needing to charge/replace battery?

Also, is this battery Lithium? Does it need to be conditioned? Has anyone seen their batteries lose efficiency over multiple charges? What I mean by that last question, is that (for example), Pax says they use "smart charge" technology, recommending that you can leave the Pax in the charger without fear of degrading battery performance..... is this true for the GH battery?

Sure, sure, lots of questions, but it's really one question combined: Has the energy source design for this device been satisfactory over the long term?

JoeMama,

btka

Still loving this thing.
2z4d09i.jpg

Check it out:
11gq610.jpg

A guaranteed good time.

I have seen a lot of pictures videos milking up bubblers bongs...e.g. @Mangos posted this https://vid.me/XMlz

maybe it is the light of you or the others... or maybe your herb... I do not get it

btka,

Tdtour

Hello all

Those who have their hoppers and have had to use the warranty coverage, which hopper do you own? Are they the stainless steel version the TI version or the colored TI version? Curious if one or the other has more issues. Like if the SS version retains more heat and is affecting the unit more.

Tdtour,

Vaperist

Note: Tetrahydracannabinol is lipofilic. Meaning, extremely little THC is "dissolved" in the water in a bubbler/waterpipe. So concludes today's chemistry lesson.

:myday:
but water does get brownish from bubbling a vapor trough it. so some goodies stay in there, i figured. and i have tried to make a cannabis tea. it worked! maybe because of boiling water, but i got massive blaze after drinking it.

Vaperist,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Negligible amounts. Don't forget that we're also vaporizing the chlorophyll and other plant matter.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: ataxian

studmuffin

Hi Vaperist,
True dat. But, the brownish discoloration is from other compounds released by the vaporization process, which is a pretty small number. And, the discoloration on the inside of your glass piece is not actually from the water itself, but from the interface between the vapor and the glass. As for combustion by-products, they are many and nasty. When a cigarette burns, it releases more than 700 different compounds. Yuck.

:myday:

Top Bottom