Discontinued The Grasshopper

herbivore21

@herbivore21 i thought u didnt do flowers?
This is true my friend, but remember that I have plenty of not quite full melt hash from my later bubble runs/contaminant bags. Especially that borderline 4.5 star product that just isn't quite dabbable but too nice to want to rosin would be wonderful to stick in a GH on a piece of SS wool for longer lasting delicious bowls :D

With all these new GH's it's really going to allow us to see if they have fixed the issues. That is if people who are buying them are FC members.
For sure, I will keep a close eye here to see what happens. Hopefully some FC people bought the new ones rather than the ebay reseller contingent lol.

Gandalf

To be fair, we haven't been hearing nearly as many stories of failed Hoppers lately, and more of more of them have been shipping out. I get the sense that the recent batches of Hoppers are more reliable than previous models, but we definitely need more data before making that conclusion.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
To be fair, we haven't been hearing nearly as many stories of failed Hoppers lately, and more of more of them have been shipping out. I get the sense that the recent batches of Hoppers are more reliable than previous models, but we definitely need more data before making that conclusion.
I agree and I'm happy that mine is working wonderfully, it's changed the way I can medicate. I hope they got rid of all the bugs so everyone who wants one can own one of these, and see how life changing this product is.

zymos

Actually, there was a long gap between finishing up with individual backers and then shipping a couple hundred to retailers. Who have just now been selling them. Things may change when more users actually get their hands on them.

Bass Vaper

Does charging whilst using the device allow for repetitive back-to-back hits?
How does this thing perform whilst plugged in?

The battery dies faster than it charges. Seems to perform no different plugged in vs unplugged.

Vaperist, what are your thoughts on dudes who buy extra hoppers to sell?

I fucking love reading this thread. The last few pages were full of great laughs.

The replacement hopper I got is fine. Back end still gets hot but it has operated fairly for two whole days now. Really, I'm starting to get bored & uninterested with it.

Reasons:
To someone's point about resin build-up on the mp, I still have serious draw restrictions about every use (other than the first couple uses after soaking it). The mp gets clogged every time.

Someone else mentioned small load size, agree. For heavy users, it's cumbersome as shit. Load (4 hits), dump, load (4 hits), dump, load, repeat...

I'm not getting that high from it anymore.

I'm a baby. I know.

TheWhisper

The battery dies faster than it charges. Seems to perform no different plugged in vs unplugged.

I fucking love reading this thread. The last few pages were full of great laughs.

The replacement hopper I got is fine. Back end still gets hot but it has operated fairly for two whole days now. Really, I'm starting to get bored & uninterested with it.

Reasons:
To someone's point about resin build-up on the mp, I still have serious draw restrictions about every use (other than the first couple uses after soaking it). The mp gets clogged every time.

Someone else mentioned small load size, agree. For heavy users, it's cumbersome as shit. Load (4 hits), dump, load (4 hits), dump, load, repeat...

I'm a baby. I know.
In regard to not getting high, do you switch strains every few days?

The Stranger

Account Closed

Reasons:

I'm a baby. I know.
Yeah the small load size is one of the biggest reasons I haven't pulled the trigger. The more I've read this thread the more I want to pre order but I just can't seem to do it when I have a perfectly good mflb for my portable. But that makes me sad cuz I want it!

Yhis looks super convenient and the convection is sweet as hell and if I didn't have one this is definitely the vape I'd get. But I guess I'd rather walk around with one full trench that is good for +-20 hits then keep reloading after 4. Too much hassle for me. But who knows, one day I might cave.

Last edited:
The Stranger,
Reactions: Bass Vaper

Vaperist

FYI I was a 12/22/14 pre order but had not received my address confirmation once the pre orders stared because I had an outstanding balance due. I added a second hopper , yes for myself, because I was worried about failure but never rec'd an invoice to pay. If I hadn't contacted HL to inquire about possibly missing an address confirmation email it would have slipped thru the cracks. check your account...
what does it mean "an outstanding balance due" when PayPal payed? what to check for in account?

@Bass Vaper
the same. they shitting on other pre-orderers. and not respecting our vaporist community.

p.s. sorry for back-to-back. i really don't understand how to make a multiquote. i tried and tried. :bang:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mangos

Hey guys got my hopper a few hours ago from Vapefiend. Have to say this thing has really surpassed my expectations .

I will probably just be reiterating all the points being made - but here are my impressions so far :

Size- This thing is very small and light. It looks very sleek and sexy, the titanium feels nice and cool on my soft brown skin.

Flavor- Really is like smelling the nug and tasting that exact smell. I think it preserves flavor far better then my firefly which only tastes good for one hit. The taste is still enjoyable at the higher temps but the vapor does get harsh.

Performance- This is where it has exceeded my expectations. I enjoy higher temp vaping as I miss that tingle in the chest from smoking. So I have been using it on temp three and four- so vapor production will be higher also, but didn't think it would be this much. This thing can really milk up any bubbler with ease and the fact that it slots into any 14 mm joint is a huge plus for me. The heat up time is ridiculous sometimes I swear its faster then fives seconds ( with a full battery of course ) .

Efficiency- This is really important to me. I vape for anxiety so I just have tiny bowls every couple of hours. I have been loading just under a 0.1g's and get 3- 4 fat hits which is more then enough for me. Using a fine grind I get very even extraction. I see some people complain about the chamber size I could see why- but I don't see this is a session vape. Everything about it screams one hitter including the size and the 18 second auto shutoff.

Effects- Feel the effects very fast even with such small amounts. Reminds me of the EVO in the way that you don't need much to get where you want to go.

Some who complain about not feeling the effects of one session in the hopper , one question do you hold your hits in ? Like in your lungs for a good few seconds or do you just hold the vapor in your mouth and blow it out after five seconds. Not trying to insult anybody's smoking methods but I have seen it way to often when people complain about vapes not getting them high and they don't even hold their hits in. Not saying some people don't have high tolerances .

Edit: @biohacker Cheers for the link, Interesting thread. Not trying to start a debate I can see that it has already been done with many different and valid opinions. Was just stating a method of inhalation that has always enhanced my experience .

Anyways that's it from me.

Last edited:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
But I guess I'd rather walk around with one full trench that is good for +-20 hits then keep reloading after 4. Too much hassle for me. But who knows, one day I might cave.
I'm not sure I understand, you can load and get 20+ hits from one Hopper bowl. ...If your battery cooperates.

paytonpenn,
Reactions: Vapetrees

b0

Cloudy...
Hey guys got my hopper a few hours ago from Vapefiend. Have to say this thing has really surpassed my expectations .

I will probably just be reiterating all the points being made - but here are my impressions so far :

Size- This thing is very small and light. It looks very sleek and sexy, the titanium feels nice and cool on my soft brown skin.

Flavor- Really is like smelling the nug and tasting that exact smell. I think it preserves flavor far better then my firefly which only tastes good for one hit. The taste is still enjoyable at the higher temps but the vapor does get harsh.

Performance- This is where it has exceeded my expectations. I enjoy higher temp vaping as I miss that tingle in the chest from smoking. So I have been using it on temp three and four- so vapor production will be higher also, but didn't think it would be this much. This thing can really milk up any bubbler with ease and the fact that it slots into any 14 mm joint is a huge plus for me. The heat up time is ridiculous sometimes I swear its faster then fives seconds ( with a full battery of course ) .

Efficiency- This is really important to me. I vape for anxiety so I just have tiny bowls every couple of hours. I have been loading just under a 0.1g's and get 3- 4 fat hits which is more then enough for me. Using a fine grind I get very even extraction. I see some people complain about the chamber size I could see why- but I don't see this is a session vape. Everything about it screams one hitter including the size the 18 second auto shutoff.

Effects- Feel the effects very fast even with such small amounts. Reminds me of the EVO in the way that you don't need much to get where you want to go.

Some who complain about not feeling the effects of one session in the hopper , one question do you hold your hits in ? Like in your lungs for a good few seconds or do you just hold the vapor in your mouth and blow it out after five seconds. Not trying to insult anybody's smoking methods but I have seen it way to often when people complain about vapes not getting them high and they don't even hold their hits in. Not saying some people don't have high tolerances .

Edit: @biohacker Cheers for the link, Interesting thread. Not trying to start a debate I can see that it has already been done with many different and valid opinions. Was just stating a method of inhalation that has always enhanced my experience .

Sound like I'm gonna love it! Mine is already in Spain on it's way to my house, should be here this afternoon :D

Vaperist

Efficiency- This is really important to me. I vape for anxiety so I just have tiny bowls every couple of hours. I have been loading just under a 0.1g's and get 3- 4 fat hits which is more then enough for me. Using a fine grind I get very even extraction. I see some people complain about the chamber size I could see why- but I don't see this is a session vape. Everything about it screams one hitter including the size and the 18 second auto shutoff.

one question- how many batteries did you get with your VapeFiend Hopper?

and one suggestion- not just hold in your hits. do what i call a power breathing. as flowed: take a hit. hold it for few seconds. slowly let a little bit of vapor out. do a sharp breath-in. hold a bit. slowly exhale a bit. and powerful breath again! repeat this for about 4 cycles.

i noticed that just holding is not so effective. you have to circulate that vapor for maximum effect. because alveoli absorb as much as they can in one breathe. so make it multiple! ;)

Top Bottom