Discontinued The Grasshopper

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
Cancelling your pre order and getting your money back is one thing, but it seems doubtful they'd give you a refund for a defective product.
I've had many companies give me my money back for defective stuff (I always return the defective product). Great thing is, if the company won't, I know PayPal will (as long as I return the product regardless of what the company has said or done). I know, I've done it.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
A follow up on my post above: that big shipment must have kept them busy all day, but I did eventually get a response at the end of the day today. Caroline first responded to my email to her, then a little while later replied directly to the email I'd sent to Trevor last week. She asked me to return the whole package - front and back end of the GH and the charger, rather than just the back end as I'd done last time. I guess their return protocol has changed (probably because of the large number of returns), because they're not shipping a replacement until they get the bad one back, and there was no mention of a postage-paid return package being included. Last time they shipped me the new back end first, and included pre-paid shipping packaging with it to return the bad one. I imagine that got cost - prohibitive pretty quickly.

Here's hoping you get a new, new thing, all made of new, new great functioning improved, parts!
Maybe that's what the wait was all about, and why they wanted the entire unit back. :wave:

GreenRoom

Just sent mine back today. I told them of the problem and got this response....

After speaking with the team about the issues you are having with your Grasshopper, we are not able to determine which piece is causing your unit to malfunction. We would like to chance to take a look at the whole Grasshopper, Charger and Battery to determine what is malfunctioning.

They've been great with communication so far. I'll let you know what the turnaround time is and if I get the same one back.

vapviking

Old & In the Way

After speaking with the team about the issues you are having with your Grasshopper, we are not able to determine which piece is causing your unit to malfunction. We would like to chance to take a look at the whole Grasshopper, Charger and Battery to determine what is malfunctioning.

They've been great with communication so far. I'll let you know what the turnaround time is and if I get the same one back.

I think I feel a clean sweep coming on.
New shipment of good parts :tup:

btka

please stop this posting about s3nding it back and this endless spevulations. i do not think someone is interrested in this... you are not the first one saying if bla bla bla i am going to get a refund if you have usefull information then post it but this blabla and speculation is for no one informative... and it also takes my time because every time i want to check this thread for us3full info i have to read several times about refund an speculation... aand to be honest i am sick of it

Last edited:

juke52

That is the exact, word-for-word response I got. I hope they don't just turn around and ship yours to me, and mine to you :)

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
please stop this posting about s3nding it back and this endless spevulations. i do not think someone is interrested in this... you are not the first one saying if bla bla bla i am going to get a refund if you have usefull information then post it but this blabla and speculation is for no one informative... and it also takes my time because every time i want to check this thread for us3full info i have to read several times about refund an speculation... aand to be honest i am sick of it

Please don't tell other members what they shouldn't post. If someone is breaking the rules, report it and do not respond. You are free to ignore anything that doesn't interest you. I don't like it much either, if that helps.

Old School

Vape13man

That is the exact, word-for-word response I got. I hope they don't just turn around and ship yours to me, and mine to you :)
I think I feel a clean sweep coming on.
New shipment of good parts :tup:
More speculation but it could be a bit more conformation that there is going to be a few part changes but of course if they come straight out and say that...I think we all know what happens next.....
Best to just handle warranties as they are reported to tech support...blanket recall....OUCH....:peace:

Wise move...:myday:

Wouldn't it be nice if these new parts adjustments made all of these concerns fade away... if that happens I think those of us waiting to pull the trigger...will simply HAVE to....:peace: :cool:

Last edited:

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
More speculation but it could be a bit more conformation that there is going to be a few part changes but of course if they come straight out and say that...I think we all know what happens next.....
Best to just handle warranties as they are reported to tech support...blanket recall....OUCH....:peace:

Wise move...:myday:
Maybe they have finally gotten people in there who have business sense.

smutman,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Morning! I posted some pictures of a prototype leather Grasshopper case over on my official FC thread you might find interesting...... Feel free to hop over to my thread and join the conversation on these (trying not to derail this thread)

Evening all!

I wanted to share with you a special project I've been working on. It's not quite finished but I could really use some feedback.

Ever since seeing the Grasshopper Vape, I KNEW I wanted to own a sexy leather case to hold the vape + essential accessories. After looking around, I couldn't quite find a Pen case to fit my needs (natch). So I managed to find a local leathermaker who is able to handcraft these leather cases for me using real American (Amish) leather! This guy is old school, but his quality is top notch, I was REALLY impressed with his leatherwork so much, I've decided to start stocking these cases on my store.

Here's a prototype of the case:
tBEFOth.jpg

hdPeCF0.jpg

There's one slot for the vape, and three slots for batteries (or a special tube for herbs, which will be included free with each case), plus 1 large slot for oversized tubes (although I might split that pocket and make them two equal sized slots), and one mini slot between the two batteries to hold a poker tool for breaking up the ABV (which may be necessary for emptying the hopper depending on your herb)

We're tweaking some of the fittings (1/8th inch adjustments here and there, and swapping the larger pocket from the top to the bottom and swapping the pockets on top/bottom. But this is close to the finished product.

This guy does everything by hand, so changing designs takes a long time, I'm trying to finalize this before I order my first batch.

Also what are your thoughts on color? I know black is a popular color, but how does brown look on the inside or should I get Black on Black? I can order several different color configurations if you want (including orange and purple if you want some crazy colors!).

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
Doesn't look like you were clicking off between pulls. Have you changed your methods as you play with your gh, or do you just leave it on?
A couple of my friends do this. Since there is an 8 second timer on a draw sensor as well as convection heating. People like the click method for cooling and battery life. It will stay on much longer than 18 seconds if you keep it on and in use. They weren't kidding when they say the heater can keep up!

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
It was well worth the wait and then some!:tup: In the words of my good friend MC Hammer... TOO LEGIT, TOO LEGIT TOO QUICK!!!:nod:

I just noticed they have a new home page that asks if your over 18 to enter. I hadn't ever noticed this until this morning. I could be way wrong. I think he's getting shit into tip top shape. Again I could be wrong.

It is Too legit to quit. Not quick. Now where are my hammer pants?

Thanks for the video.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Doesn't look like you were clicking off between pulls. Have you changed your methods as you play with your gh, or do you just leave it on?
I didn't give the auto shut-off a chance to kick in on this video. The hits were strong and to close together. A few more seconds on either of the hits would have triggered it off. This is why they get 5-6 loads at high temps on the little battery.:tup:

WoodyWeedPecker

I didn't give the auto shut-off a chance to kick in on this video. The hits were strong and to close together. A few more seconds on either of the hits would have triggered it off. This is why they get 5-6 loads at high temps on the little battery.:tup:
How much weed did you use?

WoodyWeedPecker,

delloy

Regarding the warranty. I think HL should have an area set aside on the website for Grasshopper registration or a registration card inside the box.

When your hopper arrives you have say 30 days from receipt to register for your warranty. This warranty would only be valid to the original registrar and no one else. This would be linked specifically to your hoppers serial number. If you do not register you do not qualify for the warranty.

This would allow people who have been given/presented a GH as a gift or otherwise control over their own warranty.

Yep but currently, as it stands, the original purchaser is warrantied and no one else.

I realise and know that, this was just a suggestion that I think would work better.

Last edited:
delloy,
Top Bottom