Discontinued The Grasshopper

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I think there is a company that's making the GH better. I see alot of people needing replacements, the back ends overheating, mouthpiece overheats, units quit working, etc. Some vape companies love to basically take a vape and slap their name on it but I have a good feeling another company is gonna put out their version of the GH very soon that is improved and works perfectly. I also bet you could get this version of a GH faster from this unnamed company than you can get one from the actual company that makes the GH (which right now I'd say you got less than 50/50 on yours actually working with no problems according to what I've read everywhere about this vape).

I also see the actual GH company folding if they have to keep sending out 2-3 replacements to people and GH pays for return shipping. If they try to do this for every GH that breaks, in 3-4 years they will be even more broke than they are now (I'm pretty sure they aren't running a profit yet). Even if they do this just for the backers, this company is just pouring their money in a cup with no bottom that leads right out the window.
You don't want to name this company or is it only suppositions?

Really curious....!

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I re-invented the Grasshopper in my bathroom this morning using old electric toothbrush parts and have solved all of the heating and sensor issues and also greatly decreased the mouthpiece heat issue while adding a fresh minty aroma to the vapor path. I wrote out an entire 523 page business plan to ensure I can create a lean assembly process and ability to fulfill about 1000 orders per week.

Then I woke up.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@smutman If you heard rumors about another company making a GH keep it to yourself. We deal with facts, knowledge and first hand experience here on FC.

We expect knock offs of this vaporizer, I'm sure somebody has one in the works. That's always an issue with vaporizers.

Last edited:

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
To the GH owners that are making it their regular vape: what vape(s) you are no longer using?

Any evo or sublimator owners shelving their desktop for a GH?

I have a pax2 and a Firefly. I never use the Firefly anymore and I actually haven't used the pax2 in a few days either ... in fact I've actually started using my GH in my bong at home more often too so basically my consumption methods now that I've had a GH for 2 months or so is 90% GH, 5% pax2 and 5% good ole fashion spliff though my morning spliff that usually accompanies my morning coffee which sometimes got subbed out for the pax2 is the GH this morning.

So speaking of tobacco in the GH, it's delicious but DO NOT USE MUCH, unless you're a heavy smoker and can handle your tobaco. My GH "spliff" recipe is 1 pinch cannabis, 1 pinch assorted herbs and then a tiny little bit of tobaco. I do like it ... let's see if the pax2 can keep the one job it had left. For tobacco I still actually prefer a good ole fashion spliff but for a vaped spliff, GH vs. pax2, it's at least a draw ... hehe see what I did there? "draw"

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hey speaking of secrets, @Ratchett are we still waiting for you to divulge yours? Or did I miss something?
Sadly nothing. I had asked if I could purchase a defective/bad mouthpiece or shell several weeks ago to begin designing some accessories. Trevor said sure and asked for an address, but they never shipped anything :\

So I'm still waiting for my Hopper in November. Hoping I can try a hopper sooner than that (Found someone nearby with a hopper). You can bet I'll be bringing a pile of prototype accessories to test-fit during the meetup :D

Last edited by a moderator:

peaceonearth

high since 1968
Sadly nothing. I had asked if I could purchase a defective/bad mouthpiece or shell several weeks ago to begin designing some accessories. Trevor said sure and asked for an address, but they never shipped anything :\

So I'm still waiting for my Hopper in November, hoping I can try a hopper sooner than that, one of our fellow FC members has a hopper and lives close enough to meet up sometime soon. You can bet I'll be bringing a pile of prototype accessories to test-fit during the meetup :D
Awesome! Meanwhile maybe try sending them a SASE along with a reminder note, they're probly just busy so that might work.

juke52

As long as we're prognosticating, I'll take a turn. I think some of the technology used in the GH will eventually find its way into other vapes. But I also think it's very, VERY unlikely that there will be a knockoff of the GH that is actually better than the GH any time soon, unless NASA gets involved in the knockoff vape business. The GH was designed from the ground up by engineers using proprietary technology and parts that you can't just pick up at the local Home Depot. My understanding is that every single part is manufactured specifically for GH (someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) Even if you reverse engineered the GH and could source all the parts - which would be a huge undertaking - you'd still have a GH, not something cheaper / cooler / better.

I think it's far more likely that we'll soon see a cheap knockoff of a GH that LOOKS like a GH, costs less and is delivered in a week, but is much, much worse as a vape.

peaceonearth

high since 1968
Those mean the exact same thing....
I always thought that when a little birdy tells you something it means you had a premonition or perception or psychic brain-fart or somesuch.

EDIT: ... but the google machine says you're right! OOPS :doh: :lol: Thanks for straightening me out. Actually maybe that's what I need to do right now :ko:

Last edited:

mephisto

I just had a little grasshopper tell me something, and it was quite uplifting. Stay the course friends, the machine delivers. Although both of my units have had replacement bodies, the customer service and the performance of the device itself are on point. This is a startup as has been mentioned. The wait was over 2 years and I have no regrets.

Edric al-Fali

I always thought that when a little birdy tells you something it means you had a premonition or perception or psychic brain-fart or somesuch.
I assumed you didn't want to share your sources for whatever reason so it was a little birdy whispering in your ear.

I think it's far more likely that we'll soon see a cheap knockoff of a GH that LOOKS like a GH, costs less and is delivered in a week, but is much, much worse as a vape.

I would consider taking certain aspects from the Grasshopper, like the way they minimalize electronics. There are also only two heat on demand vaporizers that I know of that also happen to be mostly convection. I would see what makes them successful and go from there.
Now I am srs considering designing my own heat on demand portable. Probably not, tho.

Edric al-Fali,

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
@smutman If you heard rumors about another company making a GH keep it to yourself. We deal with facts, knowledge and first hand experience here on FC.

We expect knock offs of this vaporizer, I'm sure somebody has one in the works. That's always an issue with vaporizers.

"I think there is a company that's making the GH better"..... guess you couldn't READ that part huh?

smutman,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
"I think there is a company that's making the GH better"..... guess you couldn't READ that part huh?

That was pretty harsh...

I know some company is perfecting this thing now, they've just been quiet about it.

I also READ that...With your posting style...it's hard to tell what you state as fact from your theories...just an FYI

peaceonearth

high since 1968
I just had a little grasshopper tell me something, and it was quite uplifting.
Was it this guy?
mFGJkT7.jpg

Met him out hiking with my dslr yesterday, and he was definitely uplifting. Like every minute or so :D

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
That was pretty harsh...
I dont think so when I said "I think" and "Just a feeling. I wasn't trying to make people think I know something others don't by any means. If people cancel orders, that's the fault of GH not being able to actually run a company (meaning it's their own fault)." I mean, come on.

Last edited by a moderator:
smutman,

juke52

If I can add one more unfounded prediction to the pile...

I think the good news here is that other entrepreneurs must be noticing that there is a healthy market for a high tech, stealthy portable convection vape, so I would predict that we'll be seeing more new vapes hitting the market that are inspired not so much by the specific design of the GH, but by the relative success of GH as a start up.

juke52,
Reactions: smutman

smokeydabear

Well-Blown member
I think there is a company that's making the GH better. I see alot of people needing replacements, the back ends overheating, mouthpiece overheats, units quit working, etc. Some vape companies love to basically take a vape and slap their name on it but I have a good feeling another company is gonna put out their version of the GH very soon that is improved and works perfectly. I also bet you could get this version of a GH faster from this unnamed company than you can get one from the actual company that makes the GH (which right now I'd say you got less than 50/50 on yours actually working with no problems according to what I've read everywhere about this vape).

I also see the actual GH company folding if they have to keep sending out 2-3 replacements to people and GH pays for return shipping. If they try to do this for every GH that breaks, in 3-4 years they will be even more broke than they are now (I'm pretty sure they aren't running a profit yet). Even if they do this just for the backers, this company is just pouring their money in a cup with no bottom that leads right out the window.
Well... I somewhat recall reading a long time ago back in the pinnacle pro thread that they were working on something made out of metal simliar to pro. Again that was a long time ago after pinnacle came back to FC after that long hiatus. In every market to me your always building off of other ideas or products to make them better imo. Anyway sorry I'm a little stoned on my lunch break lol

smokeydabear,
Reactions: smutman

WoodyWeedPecker

I feel I'm in the Grasshopper shipping thread with speculations and whining about the shipping delays...

I also want my hopper as fast as possible without any defect but whining about it won't change anything. They have no advantage to delay the release, so they are doing the best they can. Those who have a working grasshopper are very happy with it and it comes with a lifetime warranty. I'm concerned about the defects but I'm sure everything will be worked out since many people have perfectly working hoppers now.

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I dont think so when I said "I think" and "Just a feeling. I wasn't trying to make people think I know something others don't by any means. If people cancel orders, that's the fault of GH not being able to actually run a company (meaning it's their own fault)." I mean, come on.
Thinking is a lot different when you said you KNOW there is some company out there...
...is it you? I am starting to suspect it just might be! (I want one)

And I get it you dislike GH as a company, I wasn't talking about you trying to get people to cancel orders as harsh.

I was talking about when you said someone didn't READ your post.
Hopefully reading this will make it a bit clearer.

I don't pre order vapes because I hate waiting, seems like you don't either? But that's my problem not GH's

I would PERSONALLY purchase the GH over an imitator...but I'm loyal like that and appreciate the work more than a rip off

Chill out, it's all good!

Thinking is a lot different when you said you KNOW there is some company out there...
...is it you? I am starting to suspect it just might be! (I want one)

And I get it you dislike GH as a company, I wasn't talking about you trying to get people to cancel orders as harsh.

I was talking about when you said someone didn't READ your post.
Hopefully reading this will make it a bit clearer.

I don't pre order vapes because I hate waiting, seems like you don't either? But that's my problem not GH's

I would PERSONALLY purchase the GH over an imitator...but I'm loyal like that and appreciate the work more than a rip off

Chill out, it's all good!

durwood dank,
Top Bottom