Discontinued The Grasshopper

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I know, but I wouldn't even put any auto-shut off on this thing since you click on and off to take a toke. There's absolutely no reason to keep it on after you draw from it. It's an on-demand vape like the MFLB and Firefly. If you leave it on, it's like you forgot to pull out the battery on the magic flight box (although the box continue to cook your herb while the hopper does not).

Firefly actually does have an autoshutoff for battery as well. If you leave the switch on in standby mode for too long without using the trigger it will eventually shutoff the vape and led, you must re switch it just like you would with Hopper's clicker, flip off then flip back on.

It is definitely necessary to preserve battery life, which is already too short for many, as people easily forget like @Mr. Me2 said. I agree it is a shame though, bc slow sipping might be good for battery, not forcing heater to keep up with a strong draw, letting it relax and slowly drawing heat from it (like you have option to do in Zion). Overall its a necessary evil here it seems

WoodyWeedPecker

Re-watch Buzz Danklin's video with his roommate. They intended to shut the gh off after each pull and during their testing. It didn't take too long before the "forgot". Pretty funny, actually. But it shows a good reason for the auto shutoff.
I did that with my box too, but it happens mostly only at the beginning when your vaporizer is new to you. When it happens, with the hopper you only lose your battery charge, it's no big deal. After a while, turning the hopper on and off will be an automatic reflex. But you will still be obligated to do hard pull or be cut off in a middle of a draw (or do a hard pull in the middle of a slow draw). It's annoying and it's annoying every time you use your hopper, not just in those rare time when you forget to click it off after a draw. Maybe a more sensitive detection or a longer auto-shut off period could be a better compromise. 18 seconds is way to low and in my opinion ultimately not necessary at all. If you forget to click it off, just recharge the battery or put another one if you have a spare since the hopper doesn't cook your herb.

Last edited:

Rose2Butler24

Both... I did. Pax 2 for immediate gratification,and because it's more of a session Vape. The gh, just because... The list is too long. And consider a Crafty or Mighty too, in my humble opinion. Did I just spend enough of your money?
Yes, I'm on the college student budget haha. I'm new to vaping. I used to have a MFLB like a couple years back but sold it to a buddy because I didn't really like it.

I'm just trying to make the best investment and have narrowed it down to either the GH or the Pax 2.

Rose2Butler24,

Mr. Me2

Yes, I'm on the college student budget haha. I'm new to vaping. I used to have a MFLB like a couple years back but sold it to a buddy because I didn't really like it.

I'm just trying to make the best investment and have narrowed it down to either the GH or the Pax 2.
Then i think it really depends on your usage needs (solo or with others, one and done or session), and if you can wait or have VAS.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer

The Pax has the advantage because you can order it today. The GH has a lot of expectation, but it'll be a few months IMO before you can order one and have it shipped the same week. The GH is much smaller, great for a single person, while the Pax works well for groups.

Rose2Butler24

Then i think it really depends on your usage needs (solo or with others, one and done or session), and if you can wait or have VAS.
Majority of the time it will be solo and quick hits. What is VAS?

It depends most on whether you want to get high from flowers now for more money, or spend less and get high on anticipation for months until it's your turn in line.
Good point; someone on here said their local smoke shop (authorized retailer) sells Pax 2 for 179 and if they ship; I'll grab it from them.

The Pax has the advantage because you can order it today. The GH has a lot of expectation, but it'll be a few months IMO before you can order one and have it shipped the same week. The GH is much smaller, great for a single person, while the Pax works well for groups.
Yeah, I read that it's going to take a while for the GH to ship. I keep flipping between the Pax and the GH to be honest because the GH is so enticing especially because of it's price point and I think the GH is more stealthy/less smell than the Pax 2 right?

Rose2Butler24,
Reactions: syrupy

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
There's a whole thread on the Pax2, and if you click on Resources at the top, you can read early reviews of the GH. Someone on another thread swore that the MFLB is the stealthiest, and that vape is cheaper than either Pax/GH. It's all what you want in a vape. There are so many choices, and this is the perfect place to learn about them. Best of luck.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Good point; someone on here said their local smoke shop (authorized retailer) sells Pax 2 for 179 and if they ship; I'll grab it from them.

Yeah, I read that it's going to take a while for the GH to ship. I keep flipping between the Pax and the GH to be honest because the GH is so enticing especially because of it's price point and I think the GH is more stealthy/less smell than the Pax 2 right?

Yeah pax is session conduction, constantly cooking your load, slower heat up, more smell etc.

GH does sound like what you want, more solo use, quick hits at a time, that's all Hopper. Though there are other on demand pure convection devices that fit that as well

Mr Mellish

Check out the Vapman if you don't mind using a torch! Very efficient and very fast.

lexfrmqu

url]
url]
url]
IMG_20150807_175220149.jpg

Just got my titanium hopper. Charging, will review tomorrow or Monday. Took a couple of hits so far and I like it. It does get hot but I think it really is to be expected.

grokit

well-worn member
The gh is much smaller than a Pax2? Please elaborate.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
The gh is much smaller than a Pax2? Please elaborate.

The length of the grasshopper is obviously longer, but it's width is only .55inches, compared to the Pax2's .85 inches or 1.2 inches (width X height). You're right on length for sure, but the thinness of the GH makes it a better stealth vape. Easier to pocket, or clip to a pocket. I'd take an extra inch and a half on length to get a width that small. Just my preference.

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
The length of the grasshopper is obviously longer, but it's width is only .55inches, compared to the Pax2's .85 inches or 1.2 inches (width X height). You're right on length for sure, but the thinness of the GH makes it a better stealth vape. Easier to pocket, or clip to a pocket. I'd take an extra inch and a half on length to get a width that small. Just my preference.
I see your point, thanks for looking that up. I would say that the gh is a bit on the fat/heavy side for a shirt pocket, but would clip to a jacket pocket nicely. I had an og pax, and while I hated vaping with it I thought it was great for (visual, certainly not olfactory) stealth. More of a front trouser pocket vape I suppose, and the pax2 is supposed to be even smaller. So I would say for a jacket the gh wins, for trousers the pax2, and for a shirt pocket a regular ball-point pen would be quite satisfactory.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I see your point, thanks for looking that up. I would say that the gh is a bit on the fat/heavy side for a shirt pocket,
Good point re weight for a shirt pocket! That's why I ordered the Ti (minimal gravity drag) - and i can't stand flimsy pockets that don't hold up their carriage. The clip looks like it will provide a very tight hold, and that's good! The length of the pen will conform to most button-downs and Polo style shirt pockets, so no problem there. Inside jacket & coat pockets will be an ideal conceal & carry mode!

Last edited:

UF GatorVaper

You click it on and off, before and after each draw. You can't really forget to click it off!

Are you kidding? You must not be using it right, or perhaps you're not vaping the same herb I use. I have forgotten to turn off my hissing butane torch more than a couple of times after finishing a session with my Vapman. I had to quit locking the flame on for fear of burning my house down, not to mention the frustration of finding you're not ready to go after loading the bowl the next time because the gas has exhausted.

I've been vaping for about a year now. I got the MFLB last year and loved it, thought "I'll never need another vape, the box suits me perfectly". Then I made the tragic mistake of coming to FC to see if I could benefit from the experience of others. The Vapman was mentioned in the MFLB thread and I went to Ebay "just to see" if any were available. I found an auction for the classic, with mica heat shield, at $63 with just seconds left on the clock and made a bid at 65 thinking "heck I'd probably pay $65 to watch pigs fuck if I was good and bored". I didn't expect my bid to hold up but it did.

I loved it even more than the box but was sure I didn't have VAS. I just can't pass up a good bargain I told myself.

The VM changed my life after 40 plus years of combusting (and over consuming just because it was so hard to discreetly get a buzz with the pungent odor, so I made sure I got wasted when the opportunity presented itself). I used to think "if I'm going to get high I might as well get stoned."

I DO NOT have VAS. The Vapman with it's ability to medicate (a little bit) with 25 mg of material is perfect for me and has made me immune.

You would think I learned my lesson but NO, I had to find out if I was doing it right and started reading the Vapman thread. Oops, bad plan; everyone agreed the VM was a great "conduction" vape but "convection" was the real deal. Next thing I know, I'm trying to decide between the Crafty and the Mighty when Mr. Me2 chimes in with something along the lines of "either will be do until the Grasshopper arrives". A week later I've pulled the trigger on the GH and am still pondering which of the S&B devices to get to hold me over until it arrives.

I'm still reading the Mighty and Crafty threads but that's just out of curiosity. I DO NOT have VAS.

Does anyone think I should get both? I mean, I've saved enough to pay for them by just topping off with the .02 gm load instead of rolling another joint . It's found money. Fuck combustion.

I DO NOT have VAS!

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Are you kidding? You must not be using it right, or perhaps you're not vaping the same herb I use. I have forgotten to turn off my hissing butane torch more than a couple of times after finishing a session with my Vapman. I had to quit locking the flame on for fear of burning my house down, not to mention the frustration of finding you're not ready to go after loading the bowl the next time because the gas has exhausted.

And how does this relate to the GH? There's no butane or torch with the hopper.

I've been vaping for about a year now. I got the MFLB last year and loved it, thought "I'll never need another vape, the box suits me perfectly". Then I made the tragic mistake of coming to FC to see if I could benefit from the experience of others. The Vapman was mentioned in the MFLB thread and I went to Ebay "just to see" if any were available. I found an auction for the classic, with mica heat shield, at $63 with just seconds left on the clock and made a bid at 65 thinking "heck I'd probably pay $65 to watch pigs fuck if I was good and bored". I didn't expect my bid to hold up but it did.

I loved it even more than the box but was sure I didn't have VAS. I just can't pass up a good bargain I told myself.

The VM changed my life after 40 plus years of combusting (and over consuming just because it was so hard to discreetly get a buzz with the pungent odor, so I made sure I got wasted when the opportunity presented itself). I used to think "if I'm going to get high I might as well get stoned."

I DO NOT have VAS. The Vapman with it's ability to medicate (a little bit) with 25 mg of material is perfect for me and has made me immune.

You would think I learned my lesson but NO, I had to find out if I was doing it right and started reading the Vapman thread. Oops, bad plan; everyone agreed the VM was a great "conduction" vape but "convection" was the real deal. Next thing I know, I'm trying to decide between the Crafty and the Mighty when Mr. Me2 chimes in with something along the lines of "either will be do until the Grasshopper arrives". A week later I've pulled the trigger on the GH and am still pondering which of the S&B devices to get to hold me over until it arrives.

I'm still reading the Mighty and Crafty threads but that's just out of curiosity. I DO NOT have VAS.

Does anyone think I should get both? I mean, I've saved enough to pay for them by just topping off with the .02 gm load instead of rolling another joint . It's found money. Fuck combustion.

I DO NOT have VAS!

I think those questions would be better suited to their respective threads, or Ask FC. This is the thread for discussion about the GH vape itself.

UF GatorVaper

And how does this relate to the GH? There's no butane or torch with the hopper.

I think those questions would be better suited to their respective threads, or Ask FC. This is the thread for discussion about the GH vape itself.

Thanks for the tip. I hope you can forgive a rookie mistake.

UF GatorVaper,
Reactions: flotntoke

WoodyWeedPecker

Are you kidding? You must not be using it right, or perhaps you're not vaping the same herb I use. I have forgotten to turn off my hissing butane torch more than a couple of times after finishing a session with my Vapman.
It can happen. It happened to me with my MFLB, but the worst thing that can happen is losing the charge in your battery when you forgot to click it off. After a while clicking it on and off before and after a draw will become an automatic reflex.

The auto-shut off feature can be there but I just don't want to get cut off in a middle of a draw by the auto-shut off. It's annoying to have to draw in a certain way (hard) all the time, just to have enough time to take a draw.

That's why I said a better compromise would be a either:

1) A more sensitive auto-shut off (so it can detect slower draw)
2) A longer auto-shut off time than 18 sec! 30-45 seconds would be a much better compromise.

OF

Are you kidding? You must not be using it right, or perhaps you're not vaping the same herb I use. I have forgotten to turn off my hissing butane torch more than a couple of times after finishing a session with my Vapman. on.

I DO NOT have VAS!

I agree completely. Even without the effect of THC, folks forget stuff. And not just with vapes. Automatic systems are there precisely because humans aren't reliable. In this case, I think you could even make a case on safety, not just unexpected dead batteries?

I also think you're spot on with VAS, it's an evolving thing. We don't know today what will appeal tomorrow. Borrowing from the quitting smoking guys, "I don't have a problem with VAS, I haven't bought another vape since the last one".

Welcome to the Forums. Seems while you're a long time lurker (and Member) we don't hear much from you.....I hope that's changing?

OF

Top Bottom