The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

McQuack

As maybe you've read by now (May update), the change was made to an internal part of the charge system, i.e. inside the hopper, not the charge adapter. So, it was not just a matter of waiting for an add-on to put in the box, this was apparently integral to the assembly of Hopper.
They switched to a new charger control board, which I think is part of the charger, not the hopper. The following sentence from last update also sounds like they changed the charger: "Feedback from customers told us we needed a more reliable charger and so we set about making the switch."

vapviking

Old & In the Way
They switched to a new charger control board, which I think is part of the charger, not the hopper. The following sentence from last update also sounds like they changed the charger: "Feedback from customers told us we needed a more reliable charger and so we set about making the switch."
I understood it differently. I thought that part of the charger is inside the Hopper. Is the Hopper only receiving current directly to battery, or is there some circuitry inside Hopper? Do we know?

vapviking,

Vaperist

I understood it differently. I thought that part of the charger is inside the Hopper. Is the Hopper only receiving current directly to battery, or is there some circuitry inside Hopper? Do we know?
all we know is that Euro retailers are selling Hoppers in full power. while we wait for fixes. isn't it suspicious? how this can be if chargers was kaput?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
all we know is that Euro retailers are selling Hoppers in full power. while we wait for fixes. isn't it suspicious? how this can be if chargers was kaput?
I agree that something is odd about the rollout in EU and now Australia(?) while we don't see bona fide retailers in US with Hoppers for sale. Maybe they don't plan to ever have US retailers?

I stated my theory that the EU rollout may have been poorly scheduled; they may have planned to do it when preorders were all caught up, and when preorders got so far behind they got caught in some obligations they had to start fulfilling in EU? Or maybe they simply realized there was a revenue stream that could be tapped?
Outlets in EU are a big help to users there, in terms of cost for mail, service, etc. But the policy is seeming unfair to long-term preorderers at the moment., and we are left to speculate.

Archusa

My Hopper has been in warranty Dept for 10 business days, what is the normal time? GHL has not answered my email. Red and blue flashing lights issues.

Archusa,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
It's definitely possible there's something shady going on.

It's also possible that Vaposhop preordered just like the rest of us. We know HL was offering retail packages during the indiegogo campaign, and I'm sure they were still interested in working with retailers once they opened up preorders.

From what I understand Vapefiend was a backer, and is still waiting on the rest of its order, even though non-retail backers are all fulfilled and preorders have been going out for some time.

So you could even say that HL is prioritizing individual customers over retailers at this point in time.

Purchasing a Grasshopper requires patience. I've been passing the time watching kung fu videos.

Vaperist

I agree that something is odd about the rollout in EU and now Australia(?) while we don't see bona fide retailers in US with Hoppers for sale. Maybe they don't plan to ever have US retailers?

I stated my theory that the EU rollout may have been poorly scheduled; they may have planned to do it when preorders were all caught up, and when preorders got so far behind they got caught in some obligations they had to start fulfilling in EU? Or maybe they simply realized there was a revenue stream that could be tapped?
Outlets in EU are a big help to users there, in terms of cost for mail, service, etc. But the policy is seeming unfair to long-term preorderers at the moment., and we are left to speculate.
exactly! if there is a flaw in product than ALL distribution should be stopped. retailer also, not only pre-orders.

Vaperist,

jabba

It's definitely possible there's something shady going on.

It's also possible that Vaposhop preordered just like the rest of us. We know HL was offering retail packages during the indiegogo campaign, and I'm sure they were still interested in working with retailers once they opened up preorders.

From what I understand Vapefiend was a backer, and is still waiting on the rest of its order, even though non-retail backers are all fulfilled and preorders have been going out for some time.

So you could even say that HL is prioritizing individual customers over retailers at this point in time.

Purchasing a Grasshopper requires patience. I've been passing the time watching kung fu videos.

I think it more likely that there were many backers who bought 'retail kits'. That is...they bought boxed GH's with transferrable warranties in quantity. For example...today on Ebay is a gent with 10 SS's (he has already sold 6) and cheaper than my VapoShop order. His seller feedback shows that he has sold many many titanium versions in the last 6 months. Retailers and speculators likely purchased volume retail kits and are selling for market value as quickly as they are shipped out of Boulder. Time is of the essence....as those sellers must sell before Hopper Labs catches up if these sellers wish to maximize profits. Folks....this just looks like a VERY hot product that many desire....and Hopper Labs is just getting the kinks worked out. Perhaps HL were too quick to bring this product to market?....perhaps so. If Hopper Labs had their business acumen in line with their engineering acumen....this would be the hottest vape ever imo. Even the Sneaky Pete video shows that his first GH gave the dreaded flashing red/blue lights after 2 weeks....but his replacement GH was providing him good service. Hopper has a winner product here....lets just hope Hopper can make the product reliable and long lasting and produce/ship it in a reliable and time sensitive fashion.

I think that they clearly brought this product to market too quickly given the amount of people that they have pissed off with their horrible delivery times and consistent push backs.

Last edited:
jabba,

HappyFunTime

I ordered a Ti from Vaposhop which has now shipped. I also sent an email to canceled my pre order with HL and have my battery only order ship ASAP. Caroline just emailed saying she has done both. Now the long wait for my package from the Netherlands ;)

HappyFunTime,

Bdubbdiblets

I ordered a battery and leather sleeve Monday and also emailed them making sure it would ship separate from my preorder. I just got an email from Caroline saying they have shipped my order.

Did they send you a tracking number...same boat here but she just said she would do it today no confirm of it being done tho..

Bdubbdiblets,

YaFreekin Right

charger flaws shouldn't slow down a production of Hoppers. right? now they got new chargers, so send out those units which should be stockpiling in their labs right now. they say that shipments didn't happened according to schedule due to bad chargers. but meanwhile there have been one more retailer opening up in Europe. and selling Hoppers with what, with those faulted chargers from old batch? Hopper Labs claimed that they just got those new chargers. so if VaporShop (or whatever that new retailer is called) is having a vaporizers with those supposedly new chargers, then it is very suspicious.

maybe chargers have been fine all the time. just another excuse to extend estimates and to provide retailers with some more products to sale. saying: pre-orderers already payed. so let them wait, now others will pay even more money for same units. why not? they will wait...

maybe this all i said is just a bitchtalk. but something smell fishy in their latest activities.

I think it would slow down production a bit. They may have already packed up the units with faulty chargers, then had the unpack & replace them with new ones. They also assemble at least part of the charger in house, so that certainly takes time. If you believe the 1800 shipped last month, that is only 300 less than they expected to ship based on their 550/week number they mentioned previously.

Perhaps those units in Europe are being sold with the old charger. What gives you the impression that Vaposhop has the new chargers?

Except we aren't waiting for fixes anymore. This issue has been resolved according to HL. They said they had a production flaw in the new design and had to scrap the first batch, no inherent flaw with the old design.

Last edited:
YaFreekin Right,
Reactions: Vaperist

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I think it more likely that there were many backers who bought 'retail kits'. That is...they bought boxed GH's with transferrable warranties in quantity. For example...today on Ebay is a gent with 10 SS's (he has already sold 6) and cheaper than my VapoShop order. His seller feedback shows that he has sold many many titanium versions in the last 6 months. Retailers and speculators likely purchased volume retail kits and are selling for market value as quickly as they are shipped out of Boulder. Time is of the essence....as those sellers must sell before Hopper Labs catches up if these sellers wish to maximize profits. Folks....this just looks like a VERY hot product that many desire....and Hopper Labs is just getting the kinks worked out. Perhaps HL were too quick to bring this product to market?....perhaps so. If Hopper Labs had their business acumen in line with their engineering acumen....this would be the hottest vape ever imo. Even the Sneaky Pete video shows that his first GH gave the dreaded flashing red/blue lights after 2 weeks....but his replacement GH was providing him good service. Hopper has a winner product here....lets just hope Hopper can make the product reliable and long lasting and produce/ship it in a reliable and time sensitive fashion.

I think that they clearly brought this product to market too quickly given the amount of people that they have pissed off with their horrible delivery times and consistent push backs.
When buying a vaporizer off eBay be careful of Chinese knock offs. I'm sure that the Chinese have gotten an original GH already and have been able to copy it. You don't always get an authentic units off of some vendors. Several FCers have gotten knock offs in the past. It's buyer beware on eBay. There are some good vendors. You just need to know who the good ones are.

I've seen fake Arizer Solos and AA. Also the Ascent had some fakes floating around on eBay.

Last edited:

McQuack

Perhaps those units in Europe are being sold with the old charger. What gives you the impression that Vaposhop has the new chargers?
Verdampftnochmal.de got their batch of hoppers on 05/24. I just asked HL and they (Caroline) confirmed that these hoppers include the new charger. VapoShop had hoppers in stock on 06/02, so they should also have the new charger.

Vaperist

@YaFreekin Right
thanks! this is why i wrote my rant and evil conspiracy theories about HopperLabs being evil. so somebody like you can calm my waiting fever's bitchtalk down a bitt with some solid arguments. this is 8th month i wait for my Hopper. and lately this wait is giving on my nerves because i see retailers selling a product i want and waited for so long.

i also wanna believe that everything is gonna be OK. that we gonna receive our pre-orders soon enough.

Last edited:

Bass Vaper

Has anyone that ordered after 2/8/15 received their unit, or shipping confirmation email?

It's been two weeks since my address confirmation.

Bass Vaper,

Mr Mellish

Has anyone that ordered after 2/8/15 received their unit, or shipping confirmation email?

I'm in the same boat. My 2/15/15 order has gone dark.

If the delay is the charger, send it without. I plan to use my Nitecore.

Last edited:

YaFreekin Right

Reddit users have posted the following confirmations( I easily might have missed some):

SS: Feb 5th
Ti: Feb 5th
Color Ti: Feb 17th (Order also included a plain Ti)

I really don't see any excuses left as to why they haven't shipped all the address confirmations from 2 weeks ago.

YaFreekin Right,
Reactions: Bass Vaper
Top Bottom