The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

StonedPerk

Light up the world
I ordered a colored ti unit ~20 months ago and my estimate is one month sooner, september 2015.
Hope u get it soon . Do a review once u get it if u can

Orders are backed in order to work the kinks out and make sure they start sending the newer versions out rather than the first ones made and shipped. BTW colored Ti versions supposedly heat up faster and get cooler quicker has better insulation and are 20 grams lighter than ss version so I ordered a purple 1 yesterday my estimated shipping oct. Lol hopefully i receive this before Halloween because I wanna be a vaporizer for Halloween :)

I think you'll be lucky if you receive it before Christmas ;)
Hopefully before Halloween I wanna be a vaporizer for Halloween hahha

Last edited by a moderator:
StonedPerk,
Reactions: snamuh

Gregori

CannaBoss
That vape is one of a kind. You may have knockoffs, but the heater technology is unique. So no big trouble to me.

Gregori,

hippogriff

Wouldn't it be ironic if the inevitable counterfeits / knockoffs were on the market before the genuine article?
Because of the wide and incomplete spread of parts made in China, true knockoffs are unlikely to be anyone's priority, flower vapes are a tiny niche compared to the massive ecig industry. From my very limited understanding, the big driver in Chinese knockoffs is the factories need to keep busy, which leads to problems for more popular products where the originating company isn't big enough to order as many units as the factory can produce. If they don't have anything to move on to, AND there's a market, they just keep making what they're already set up to make (w/ cheaper & cheaper materials as they go). I suppose we could see Grasshopper batteries and bodies (are the bodies made in China? I know the clips were) show up in knockoffs, or copycats in form factor that are ecigs or Flowermate-style conduction vapes...

hippogriff,
Reactions: juke52

zymos

Hope u get it soon . Do a review once u get it if u can

Orders are backed in order to work the kinks out and make sure they start sending the newer versions out rather than the first ones made and shipped. BTW colored Ti versions supposedly heat up faster and get cooler quicker has better insulation

Where are you getting this information that colored Ti have better insulation? Or that they are in any way noticeably different than regular Ti? I'm doubtful they even behave noticeably different than SS, but we've been around and around with that one before.

Have to wonder about the "sending newer versions" part, has anyone read this thread? 2 people, on their third unit (I guess one hasn't received the third yet)
https://www.reddit.com/r/GrassHopperVape/comments/3gjxyo/third_times_a_charm/

Last edited:

snamuh

ghost
I wonder how intensely some of the bad units are being used... I wonder if for a light user less problems would arizer. (1 Hit and go)

Idk wtf is going on anymore, lol... My hope is dying guys. I kinda wish I didn't upgrade from ss.

Everythings still so vague... I hope everything works out.

EdE80

SOOOO happy I requested my refund last week! It seems like Hopper Labs is becoming more unreliable with each passing day. I for one am putting my refund to good use, Massdrop is offering the Volcano right now!

EdE80,

Mr. Me2

SOOOO happy I requested my refund last week! It seems like Hopper Labs is becoming more unreliable with each passing day. I for one am putting my refund to good use, Massdrop is offering the Volcano right now!
Please educate me. What and where is Massdrop? Thx!

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: EdE80

EdE80

Please educate me. What and where is Massdrop? Thx!
Website that makes large purchases on behalf of groups of people for certain products. Massdrop.com usually has a few items related to vaping each week, definitely worth checking out

Have fun putting your Volcano in your pocket, then going out and taking discrete rips from it!
Well it sounds like roughly 3 percent of GH's shipped are actually capable of that anyway, sooooo..... Once a reliable flower vape that IS capable hits the market though, I'll certainly pick one up. I'll survive with my Ascent until then.

peaceactivist

<insert witty saying here>
Hi everyone, been lurking the forums for quite a while and have followed this and the actual grasshopper thread from page 1.

I ended up requesting a refund for a preordered grasshopper much like EdE80, the difference was the preorder was a gift for someone. She's been wanting a portable vape for a while and after telling her the ins-and-outs of the grasshopper, she wanted one. We preordered together in early April (i know for most of you, you're probably face palming like "really this guy can't wait a couple months, I've been waiting YEARS!"), I'm perfectly happy waiting, she was on an expected time schedule. I couldn't blame her. When you preorder something with a set date, say a video game, it actually does come out on that set date. Our predicted ship date was May, but I explained to her it may be delayed a month or two, she was ok with that. Well...those months past. She asked if it shipped yet, I shrugged. We check the updates and nothing about delays, or that I can remember. I check the website and now it shows up as September shipping. I try to look puzzled because honestly I already knew it would be delayed after reading this thread and reddit but wanted her to see for herself. She just looked at me and said "Yeah, no you need to get that money back so you can just get me a vaporizer today!" (it was a birthday gift for her birthday at the end of august).

TL;DR - pre-ordered 2 Ti Grasshoppers, friend cannot wait any longer to get a vape without any set release date, requested refund for second hopper. The take-away? Well if you ordered mid-to late April and beyond...you just got bumped up a place in line. Enjoy.

Mr. Me2

Hi everyone, been lurking the forums for quite a while and have followed this and the actual grasshopper thread from page 1.

I ended up requesting a refund for a preordered grasshopper much like EdE80, the difference was the preorder was a gift for someone. She's been wanting a portable vape for a while and after telling her the ins-and-outs of the grasshopper, she wanted one. We preordered together in early April (i know for most of you, you're probably face palming like "really this guy can't wait a couple months, I've been waiting YEARS!"), I'm perfectly happy waiting, she was on an expected time schedule. I couldn't blame her. When you preorder something with a set date, say a video game, it actually does come out on that set date. Our predicted ship date was May, but I explained to her it may be delayed a month or two, she was ok with that. Well...those months past. She asked if it shipped yet, I shrugged. We check the updates and nothing about delays, or that I can remember. I check the website and now it shows up as September shipping. I try to look puzzled because honestly I already knew it would be delayed after reading this thread and reddit but wanted her to see for herself. She just looked at me and said "Yeah, no you need to get that money back so you can just get me a vaporizer today!" (it was a birthday gift for her birthday at the end of august).

TL;DR - pre-ordered 2 Ti Grasshoppers, friend cannot wait any longer to get a vape without any set release date, requested refund for second hopper. The take-away? Well if you ordered mid-to late April and beyond...you just got bumped up a place in line. Enjoy.
Welcome @peaceactivist ! Glad you're hanging in there for yours!!! So share with us. With the refund, what vape are you getting her?

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: sasNW

peaceactivist

<insert witty saying here>
Welcome @peaceactivist ! Glad you're hanging in there for yours!!! So share with us. With the refund, what vape are you getting her?

She brought up the pax, I told her it's ok but the price is high. The other option was the Alfa, at this point I'm still unsure what she'd prefer...I also kind of want her to make the choice so I wont have to do tech support for her.

Mr. Me2

She brought up the pax, I told her it's ok but the price is high. The other option was the Alfa, at this point I'm still unsure what she'd prefer...I also kind of want her to make the choice so I wont have to do tech support for her.
Introduce her to this site and invite her to read, research and ask questions here. There's so much information and helpful suggestions, by the time she's done the gh will be out!

hippogriff

As a backer I paid for the whole ride (starting from the assumption that many campaigns fail, tempered by them saying "ready for production!" so I was thinking more of a 6-9 month ride, ha ha) but I think it's entirely appropriate that pre-order folks are requesting refunds at this point. GH needs to up their customer interactions game and that kind of feedback is a clear message they are not doing enough to retain the customers they already have.

Keep thinking these guys are sooo lucky (yeah, and smart, too) to have targeted the right niche, and for that niche to stay open to them for this long. What I mean is sessioning is not for everyone - I've said it before, it's a nicey nice way of saying something that used to be quick is now really slow - and, I think, is a real barrier to getting more people past combustion. Existing solutions like Firefly or Lotus still require good technique, another barrier. The promise of a true vape one-hitter is strong.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I was hoping to hear of either more address confirmations and/or more units being shipped in this thread early this week but of course that was high hopes. Bummer. Maybe end of the week. Even a couple of people posting here about confirmations per week would keep me relatively encouraged

juke52

The good news for everyone else is that, assuming they actually are shipping in the order orders were received, they're now beginning shipping to regular backers.

Are there any early bird or holiday backers who have mot yet received their GH?

juke52,

juke52

Interesting. So maybe they're not going in order after all.

I hope for everyone's sake that this is a sign of the log jam breaking loose. And not a sign of the apocalypse!

juke52,

zymos

I lost track, have any regular backers received theirs?
As far as estimated ship dates that they've updated on their site- those are all over the place. Some people who were the earliest backers got bumped to September when later backers are at August.

But...estimated shipping dates have been shown to be full of shit anyway...

If we were talking about a couple of days difference here and there, I doubt anyone would be too upset. But this month vs. next month, that sounds a lot worse.

Top Bottom