The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

Fenton Mewley

A man in search of cloudier pastures
I guess there isn't, but IIRC the website pre-orders are relatively new, which plays a small factor in the "availability of purchase" argument.

Fenton Mewley,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Wait list pre orders were through March, mid March they became fully open to all I believe

A few of the earliest waitlisters got in December, I got January, I'm one of the last preorders to have a July ship estimate like backers (though someone who ordered June got one too somehow, he's the only one I think)

Shit Snacks,

hippogriff

Curious for Ti backers - is your expected ship month still July? I know in previous emails Trevor said SS and Ti would follow the same schedule, wondering if estimates reflect that, too. Hum de dum dum, the last specific issue really explained/fixed was the charging cable, almost 6 weeks ago, wonder what's happening? I'm glad they appear to be getting into serious testing these last couple months, but wouldn't a real beta program have a bigger sample size than what we've seen?

Last edited:
hippogriff,

hippogriff

Mine is. At this stage in the game it means precisely fuck all.
Yup, w/ no shipping confirms out yet it's unlikely "real shipping" will begin before the next update. Plus it's never been clear how many Hoppers have been assembled up to this point, so the idea that 3000 backer's units will be fulfilled in July is impossible to ground in anything known. The early reviews indicating real one-hitter capability is making the wait harder, I'm mostly waiting for some indication the company is gonna survive long enough to deliver.

BaMbAaAChA

HAKUNA MATATA!!
I pre ordered mine some mins after I saw the mail... 20ish of December...
I changed my order to Ti colour and I am waiting patiently for the shipping mail :)
Oh I so want it for my vacation...
From March to July 2015(6) j/k

BaMbAaAChA,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
The humor at the majority of the votes. 33 people were surprised and 55 were disappointed.

Website seems back up. They haven't jumped ship and ran yet.

paytonpenn,

hippogriff

40ish early backer, 9th as of today with no shipping confirmation, something in me tells me its not coming this month honestly......would be nice though.
You are our Shipping Detection System. I'm still hopeful you'll get yours this month (and fearful of what it would mean if two months of "shipping has begun" doesn't deliver even to #40 out of thousands), I'm near the middle of backers so not so hopeful for mine. Wish they'd share something of their QC/beta plan, I'm only checking week by week cause they keep telling me to, but obviously there's still work to be done.

Kalessin

When you get yours I guess mine will be three months later, scheduled for Aug. now, thinking Nov. is more realistic.
Man, I hope not. I'm August too, and I can handle thinking about late August, but November would really upset me.

hi_there

Man, I hope not.

It seems like best case they have sent out a few dozen and seem to have QA issues, so probably Sept. till they can get units out to holiday and backers, then a couple of months till they have enough to send out to pre-orders.

I actually got a-hold of Trevor today to upgrade my Ti grasshopper to color, originally picked green, then decided to go with plain Ti, then another change of opinion after seeing colors. Anyway, I must have emailed him at the right time because he immediately responded with a paypal invoice.

After I paid the invoice I took the opportunity to ask when they expected to ship my order. I had placed my order when the total was around ~150k so I'm middle of the pack, little bit below half way mark. He told me that they hope to get my order out by late July. Which honestly might just be more smoke, but I'm hopeful that it's an indication that there may not be a major delay and that they are actually near ready to start mass shipping. This is complete speculation, but why give an estimate of three weeks from now if they are actually three months away. I'm giving them the benefit of doubt and crossing my fingers that I receive mine shortly!

Well the update before last said that they are ready to ship and it seems a drip, drip of units went out and some of those were defective, so I am thinking Trevor is full of wishful thinking.

Definitely not going to argue against your point because if the past is any indication it may be snowing by the time we get our hoppers. I guess we will get a better picture on 7/15, if Trevor says they had issues and they've been resolved and they are beginning to actually ship. That in my opinion would be the best possible message, if they go on with the normal crap that they've been shipping them and continue to and are ready to bulk ship I will be worried. Reading the update from 7/1/14 really made me shutter, they seemed so close at that point and yet here we are over a year later.

Paitient_Grasshopper,

Sungodv

You all realize July is almost half over, right? Or have they changed the date again? Just looked, never mind. :cool:

Sungodv,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
You all realize July is almost half over, right? Or have they changed the date again? Just looked, never mind. :cool:

Today is July 9th - there are 31 days in July..... 9/31 = 0.2903. So I'd say july is technically almost 1/3rd over. We still have a bit more time before we start rabblin' on

Well the update before last said that they are ready to ship and it seems a drip, drip of units went out and some of those were defective, so I am thinking Trevor is full of wishful thinking.
Or perhaps the drip drip was a release of the first "production vapes", what GH considered "v1.0". And the immediate flood of reports lead them to the discovery of a design or QC flaw which must be remedied before they begin shipping hundreds of units.

I get the feeling Matt & Trevor are trying to get this right from the start. Good for them. Although it does seem like these problems should have been discovered earlier on.

In either case, here's to hoping we see a few more units in July!

Last edited by a moderator:

nonbeliever

Definitely not going to argue against your point because if the past is any indication it may be snowing by the time we get our hoppers. I guess we will get a better picture on 7/15, if Trevor says they had issues and they've been resolved and they are beginning to actually ship. That in my opinion would be the best possible message, if they go on with the normal crap that they've been shipping them and continue to and are ready to bulk ship I will be worried. Reading the update from 7/1/14 really made me shutter, they seemed so close at that point and yet here we are over a year later.

Actually in the July 1 email, Trevor said they had issues, they've been resolved and they are continuing to ship (what a kidder that Trevor is - yuk, yuk). We'll hear the normal crap because he's trying to keep the cash flowing in, and keep the pre-orders from cancelling - and cash going out that way.

I'm an early backer - inside 60.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
If that was the case they should just say so.

And what are they going to say?

In their shoes, I think it's probably a smart move to stay quiet until they figure out wtf went wrong and get it fixed

We'll hear the normal crap because he's trying to keep the cash flowing in, and keep the pre-orders from cancelling - and cash going out that way.

Exactly - it's a poor business decision to admit you have a problem

Top Bottom