The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

YaFreekin Right

And you can't ship what you haven't built...so they also aren't shipping 100 units a day.

I'm not siding with GHL because what they are saying really doesn't make sense but to play devil's advocate they may have shipped 100 units on one(or more) days. It's clear they are not doing this every production day but perhaps they are still not lying.

YaFreekin Right,

zymos

I know it's kind of pointless to quibble about wording, but I think pretty much anyone would have to agree that claiming "Over the last couple of months we’ve gone from shipping just a few units per day to over 100" strongly implies that they would be doing that amount consistently and repeatedly, not just on their best day ever, or a couple of times. I looked at some older updates, and they also said production was going seven days a week.

It does indeed seem like they are finally getting close to the end of the backers, which is good news even if basic math says that by their own statements that should have happened a long time ago.

biohacker

Received my tracking number! However, the shipping label was created in Colorado but the item is in LA, Cali? Either being shipped from LA or routed from CO to LA? Not very efficient to B-line to the west coast when i'm in the great white north? Either way, it's usually a week for delivery from Cali so hopefully I receive it before the weekend!

FizzNuggets

Got mine today. Initial thoughts are about in line with everyone else. Fast heat up, super efficient, easy to use.

Now the batteries are really snug inside. One tore the lining just moving it in and out a few times. Think I'm going to send an email about that.

Otherwise its beautiful, and can't believe its here. The back end gets hot but Im Gonna roll with it as long as it keeps working. I only wish I had more than 2 batteries.

zymos

Does the back end only heat up if you continually use it for a while?
Just curious, mine never got even warm (before the thing broke), but I usually clicked off after every hit.

zymos,
Reactions: mindful1
D

Deleted member 23961

Just got my new one back from warranty. Appears to be working fine, tho it arrived with a handful of long scratches on the body. They're not deep and only noticeable in good lighting, but still a bit disappointed since my unit i sent in barely had a single scratch. Should I email and mention it?

FizzNuggets

Does the back end only heat up if you continually use it for a while?
Just curious, mine never got even warm (before the thing broke), but I usually clicked off after every hit.
I cooked through a few hits back to back, nothing that I would say is heavy use. It seemed to match the mouthpiece after two hits at 4. The battery it came with lasted two bowls. Charging now and will put her through the ringer this week. It was never too hot to touch yet, we will see where it goes. Will pop over to the main thread after this.

FizzNuggets,
Reactions: mindful1

zymos

Interesting- I only used mine at 4, and like I say, backend never even got warm, much less nearly as hot as the mouthpiece, even when doing 2 hits in a row.

Don't mean to freak you out. Mine broke with no symptoms whatsoever. So that's reassuring, right? :cool:

biohacker

Just got my new one back from warranty. Appears to be working fine, tho it arrived with a handful of long scratches on the body. They're not deep and only noticeable in good lighting, but still a bit disappointed since my unit i sent in barely had a single scratch. Should I email and mention it?

I would, it's not like you purchased a scratch with a GH around it! You should be receiving a repaired GH in the same, or better cosmetic condition than you sent it IMHO. However, with that being said - and what we all know - probably just appreciate that you have a fully functioning GH! Still, i'm sure an email expressing your concerns may get you a free battery at a minimum. Do let us know!

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Well, I'd say that it can't hurt HL to know that they're scratching units returned for repair, even if you're not looking for 'compensation'.
I'd be very unhappy to get a malfunctioning hopper in the first place.
To then get the repaired unit back with new scratches would really frost my cone especially if I'd babied it to avoid that very thing (which I plan to do with mine).
Please advise them so they can stop doing this!

zymos

I think I'm going to take photos of mine before returning it to them. When they finally respond to my warranty claim.
And hell yes you should tell them- I don't think I'd ask for compensation either, but I'd give them an earful about it. Guess there is no way to know if it's even the same body you sent back to them.

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
Finally got my hopper but the wrong hopper and this being after several emails before getting it confirming I was getting a blue one. They said back yes you will get blue.

I got grey...

I did everything to try to make sure this didn't happen :(

What normally do they do? Send me another?

Do they tell me to send first then they send one to me? Do they send another then I send the wrong one back?
Do they let you keep if they mess up?

I really loved the blue.. I'm happy to have one arrive but after the wait and my efforts to make sure things were ok.. Depressing.. I was so happy to be getting it today

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just checked, and its another new month!:lmao:

At least my January'15 ss order is saying February, but my April two color Ti order is saying March... Kinda bullshit at this point but whatever, gonna have to mail my brother his Ti or something I guess... Hope his works well!

Something soon? It's getting hard to be excited honesty, and I'm someone who always believed in them and the technology at least

EDIT: aaaaaaaaand my brother just wants a refund for his now, somebody else just got a bit closer to their Hopper!:p

Last edited:

dfwguy99

My date just mov d from Feb 2016 estimate to March 2016 estimate. The posts on here over the last few weeks have been pretty discouraging.

dfwguy99,
Reactions: Thcgos

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
That's weird, since an user on reddit was a feb pre-order and got feb est ship date

https://www.reddit.com/r/GrassHoppe...ping_info_on_website_has_been_updated/czkg7yi

What that tells me is that February2015 pre orders are the cutoff for March, like before it was June that had people in two different months, there was a cutoff date. Now some February's are in Feb2016, and some are in March with all the rest of the orders like it was before (was it December? who the hell knows). So this big website update was indeed just another new month estimate yet again

:popcorn: I wish there was a roller coaster smiley

upinsmoke

this suxs ass. my original Dec ship date was moved to jan, then Feb, and today it was updated to march WTF

ordered the haze 3, got it 4 days and love it.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
:wave:

Well I'm happy to just now have a ship date that is actually in the future - well this month anyway.

Dec '14 preorder - just had my ship date bumped from Dec '15 to Feb '16.

Thankfully, and quite honestly, after this amount of time I really couldn't give much less of a shit.

But when it does eventually show, I'm pretty sure that it'll soon find it's own particular niche amongst the team.

But will the niches ever end?! . . .
Just when you think that they're all filled in . . . . :worms:

PeaceYouGuys.
:peace:

Top Bottom