The G Pen by Grenco Science

OF

When I said smoke in me earlier post, I used the wrong wording. I understand we are talking about vaporization....just new to the nomenclature.

I am most likely going to buy the omicron because I am committed to finding a vaping device that works AND has good customer support/service.

Also, I am going to be buying the glass tanks from grenco since I have the stok pen already. I will report back as soon as I have a good grasp on how they work.

Cool. It's very common for 'the new guys' to fall back on old terms, no big deal. It's an important difference though, one strongly defended by many.....notice the name of the Forum? As time goes on, I bet you too shy away from the whole smoke/combustion thing.

Good luck on your future buys, we're blessed with several top notch outfits with stand out Customer Support to match. For sure THC is on that list. As, IMO, would be MF, TV and HA. I have personal experience with those 4 (as have many others here), there are no doubt others as well. We, of course, also get some that aren't recommended to friends. But I think in the main we're way above average?

Glad you're going to get this tank and try to breathe new life into your Stok. I'll be looking forward to your advice. How do you feel about hedging the bet a bit and trying out the adapter and Omicron cart idea at the same time? I'm sure a fair number of good folks would like to know how it stacks up as well (if only to shut me up.....).

Thanks for volunteering!

OF

Edit: Just to be clear, I see nothing sacred WRT brands here. I'm in favor of 'mix and match'. Right now, for instance, I'm using a Joyetech e-cig 'battery', the above thread adapter and a 2.4 Ohm Omicron cart with some lovely Northern Lights CO2 extract. Stuff from four different sources. Trust me, it's working just fine..... OF

Yeah I got the "G-box" about 2 months ago and on the second day the metal casing on the tank stuck to the plastic and pulled the whole thing apart breaking it when i tried to take it off to load it. Then the button on the battery kept sticking on, then after charging I went to unscrew the battery and the the inside of the charger came apart and pulled out with the battery and the battery did not work at all after that. so I called Grenco Science and they sent a new battery, tank, and charger at no charge, so after charging the new battery i used it like once I hit it and looked and the whole inside of the tank was glowing orange and the battery would not shut off so I unscrewed it and there's actually melted plastic all in the tank and it was all black and burnt I think i inhlaled melted plastic, and the battery is totally dead again and won't charge or anything. so I called grenco again and they refused to give me a refund but agreed to send another battery and I tried to get them to send me the new glass tank but they flat out refused I even offered to send back my unused g-tanks but they still said no. so today I got the new battery, screwed a tank on took a 5 second hit and it tasted very weired so i unscrewed the tank and there is a very strange smell coming from the top of the battery (right where the air intake is for the tank) like a chemical smell the same way the other 2 batteries smelled after they quit working. so all in all I think the G-pen is a good idea and hits pretty good when it works however, I think it is very cheaply made and made of questionable materials grenco science swears up and down the materials are safe I just don't beleive them. and it's way over priced at $100 for the g-box especially after seeing the seemingly identical ego-w at $40 for 2 pens. I am curious to read a review on the glass tank though, they should have started with the glass to begin with IMO.

nickkillnick,

dowork123

Hey Nick,

That's why I went with the stok pen....from my research, I found that it was a better made g pen. I have had no problems with either of my stok batteries, the tank lasted me long enough to get through 4-5g of concentrate. I thought the tank should have lasted a bit longer but i'll let you guys decide as I have no experience other than this one. Here's the issues with stok, they don't answer the f'ing phone. I ordered a kit and it was delayed, then my buddy saw my pen and was like order me one. So I ordered his pen....it's been a month and no package, I call, no answer no call back. I contest the charges with my cc company Friday and he calls me on Monday :) lol I can't even be mad, that is just absurd! Long story short, cancelled that order and going to move onto another pen.

Problem is I love the way it hits....it doesn't feel like vapor, it's thick and strong vapor and it hits you. Other vapes i've used have a learning curve...you have to take your time with them, not overheat them, or they just don't produce the vapor clouds this pen does. Maybe I need to keep exploring, i'm sure there are great options out there. As far as discretion, ease of use, etc. I think these pens win out imo. I just wish they were made better.

dowork123,

CuttyBuddy

You might be inhaling residual oil. Remember the oil travels towards the heat.

If you get a chance, check out my videos on youtube. I have a channel with a few popular G Pen reviews. Good little unit. I'll be reviewing most little portable vaporizer units.

CuttyBuddy,

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.
So true, but I really think we should make the effort to keep him entertained, don't you? I mean look at the sort of mischief he gets into left to his own devices......

OF

I would never leave him hanging out in the cold. I'm happy to help fuel his amusement needs. I don't even have to try hard! ;)

CuttyBuddy

Looking forward to seeing to Glass tank in a few days. I'm assuming it won't work with the glass G Dome. I'll get both anyways n do a review. So curious to see just how big the reservoir is. Big hits? Hope so.

CuttyBuddy,

dowork123

Looking forward to seeing to Glass tank in a few days. I'm assuming it won't work with the glass G Dome. I'll get both anyways n do a review. So curious to see just how big the reservoir is. Big hits? Hope so.

I think the hits are going to be good but I think what the glass tank will do, with the two heating elements, is to vape the oil that drips off the nail. So I don't know if the hits will necessarily be bigger but I think they will be more consistent and you will be more efficient at vaping all your oil. I'm curious to see if I can put some shatter in the tank and just vape without having to reload every few hits.

dowork123,

CuttyBuddy

I think the hits are going to be good but I think what the glass tank will do, with the two heating elements, is to vape the oil that drips off the nail. So I don't know if the hits will necessarily be bigger but I think they will be more consistent and you will be more efficient at vaping all your oil. I'm curious to see if I can put some shatter in the tank and just vape without having to reload every few hits.

Yea, it's always nice to improve the efficiency. Let's be honest, BHO is NOT cheap. Nice to see Grenco Science making solid nice improvements. I like the way the company is moving. Are they public? Lol

CuttyBuddy,
Reactions: dowork123

dowork123

I have heard bad things about grenco but almost had no option but to buy my tanks from them. I mean I clearly had other options but I like the nail. I am really hoping this product is of decent quality and at 50 bucks hopefully it lasts a while.

CuttyBuddy

Well Apparently Grenco G pen offers Glass Tanks now. I have one. It's kind of confusing bc it's not the one you have seen advertised. It's the same tank with the wick but it's made with glass. I just did a video on it and the G dome as well. Things change fast in the Vape world!

Sorry if any of this has been mention b4 I don't read though the threads bc of time restrictions. Sorry guys

Here's the video: Modnote. Removed. Affiliate links and related sites are not welcome.

CuttyBuddy,

dowork123

So if I got this right...you ordered a g tank and when you got it, it was glass rather than plastic? I'm wondering if that's what they are moving toward now. Here's the stupid part.....doesn't fit the dome, wow! lol!

Thank you for the video brother.

dowork123,

DubCRider

It doesn't look like they tested anything before releasing these products. The two parts not fitting is funny but what gets me is filling the cup and flipping it upside down. I'm sure we can all go to our kitchens and find results pretty quick for what happens. Once you press the button your concentrate would just fall in the piece. I guess a bonus is strong reclaim? I'm lost on how these are improved....

dowork123

It doesn't look like they tested anything before releasing these products. The two parts not fitting is funny but what gets me is filling the cup and flipping it upside down. I'm sure we can all go to our kitchens and find results pretty quick for what happens. Once you press the button your concentrate would just fall in the piece. I guess a bonus is strong reclaim? I'm lost on how these are improved....

Not in a pissing contest here but I still think the tank and dome not fitting is just negligence. Now, as for having the pen upside down, you're 100% correct and to be honest, shouldn't be loaded onto that piece. You need a joint with a 45 degree angle...point it downward, then the pen will go up into the dome and the dome into the joint. So at least there's a fix there and it's dependent on the piece you're using. My 2 cents.

dowork123,

DubCRider

Following your method you will have to hold it together by pushing up on the pen so the dome doesn't fall off while pressing the button, and holding the piece with your other hand. I think the guy in the video was correct in his assembly, not everyone has an angled female. It would work great full of glycerine with the plug in. Invert the cup so the concentrate falls in to it rather than out and they might have a winner. Great idea, poor execution.

DubCRider,

CuttyBuddy

So if I got this right...you ordered a g tank and when you got it, it was glass rather than plastic? I'm wondering if that's what they are moving toward now. Here's the stupid part.....doesn't fit the dome, wow! lol!

Thank you for the video brother.

Absolutely! What I find interesting is how there is no mention of the Glass tank Wick style on the website.

The upside down thing is a bit weird but oddly enough it works rather well. It will drip but as of yet i haven't had a fresh batch drip off just a bit of reclaim. Plus the new filter system is cool. I'll do a follow up soon.

Thanks Brotha!

CuttyBuddy,

DubCRider

Thanks for posting the video, I'm always down to see what's on the horizon. Can you use the G-Dome as a regular one for a nail or is it too tall/narrow? I think these are the glass Ce4's, hopefully the other new one has a heater on the bottom to get whatever drips off the cup.

DubCRider,

CuttyBuddy

NP!

I'll check if it can be used as a regular dome as soon as I get home.

In a funny way the upside down thing does kind of work efficiently with your dab. It's weird

CuttyBuddy,

DubCRider

Oh, mean a dual heater as in the cup and one at the bottom so during normal use whatever falls to the bottom or if you fill it the thing will hit all the way through. The inverted thing I was talking about would probably be expensive since that has not already been made. You could order glass Ce4's on alibaba in bulk for cheap.

DubCRider,

CuttyBuddy

Cool.

So I Just checked the G dome and in my opinion I would say it is no good as a regular dome

CuttyBuddy,

DubCRider

Is your nail adjustable? If it was could you adjust the nail high enough? It wouldn't be half bad if you could use it for another application.

DubCRider,
Top Bottom