The G Pen by Grenco Science

Maybe because they really are so much better, and we know it?

You're assuming KC (watch the spelling....) is not being honest, why would you say that? IMO he's trying to help new guys out, you can read whatever you want into it, but I suggest you haven't given him the benefit of the doubt you'd want if you were in his place.

Notice this thread is five pages long. Lots of that, as you so wisely point out, is advice on how to make a marginal system work better. Then go look at the Omicron thread, it's 350. And the larger version, Persei is an additional 150. Those pages contain a log of guys who started out with this and similar vapes. Notice anyone here that started with Omicron and 'upgraded'? I don't either.

This is not a 'Ford vs Chevy' deal. The two systems are not on par with each other.

By all means do enjoy your new toy. But don't make the mistake of thinking it's the best around. For another $30 you could have bought the Omicron O-Phos, someday I hope you will.

And no, I don't work for them either. I've just tried both systems. Once you have too, I'll give you dollars to doughnuts your attitude will change as well.

Best wishes.

OF

hahahahaha ok. he's still a buzz kill, however you spell it.

I'll give your products a try when I get some more dars. PEACE

Mod note: Please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located near the lower right of your posts. Posts merged.

standcorrected,

OF

Great, glad to hear you've got an open mind. And in case you missed it, it's not 'my products', I'm just recommending the gear guys find the best. Just like KC and NDA, I don't have a dog in this fight, we're trying to help folks out. I'm sorry if that's not exactly what you want hear.

Let's put it this way. If you like this vape, you're sure to love either Omicron or Revolution/DART (or both as so many of us do). Then you too can give good advice to the new guys. You won't get paid to do it, either, though.

FWIW, you might want to check the forum rules before you get too carried away with the name calling....it's not that kind of forum.

OF

kushcabbage

vapor nerd

:whoa: thought I heard my name :cool:

Excuse the 'ol buzz killington act, didn't mean to upset the g pen fan boys in any way, that much I can assure you. Keep trucking as they say. If it works for you, than by all means. And no I sadly do not work for these great companies, but I can be honored to use and praise them when I get a chance. Look at it like this, how OF mentioned about cars. If I had a certain brand of car *cough*toyota*cough* who's engine happen to fail by itself and fucked me on their warranty, then bought a another certain kind of car*cough*honda*cough* who's been great to me, I might be tempted to express my vivid thoughts on a product I didn't think was worth my time, and praise my other car. But this is not a toyota vs honda debate. This is a tricycle vs acura nsx supercar kind of thing in this case. Just becasue someone loves something and dislikes another, experience usually takes over here.

Standcorrected, next time your down south and east on the other side of the continent from these great companies, I'll treat you proper with beautiful oil in a machine meant for it. Cheers and good vaping mate :tup:

kushcabbage,
Reactions: OF

Tim

The G-Pen is the bottom of the concentrate vaporizer line, I think most people understand that.

I think the issue that people have with KC is that his posts come across as unhelpful. Personally, I "unwatch" any threads that I have no interest in, or have no positive feedback to contribute.

"Look at all that wasted wax..." is not a helpful post.
I don't take offense at the G-pen bashing, because there's nothing to be offended about.
But I do understand where standcorrected is coming from. I'm not trying to rub anyone the wrong way, I'm just stating my perspective as neither a lover-nor-hater of this device. That being said, KC already unsubbed so let's just leave it alone and get on with life.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
The G-Pen is the bottom of the concentrate vaporizer line, I think most people understand that.

I think the issue that people have with KC is that his posts come across as unhelpful. Personally, I "unwatch" any threads that I have no interest in, or have no positive feedback to contribute.

"Look at all that wasted wax..." is not a helpful post.
I don't take offense at the G-pen bashing, because there's nothing to be offended about.
But I do understand where standcorrected is coming from. That being said, KC already unsubbed so let's just leave it alone and get on with life.
One more thing if I may before we all get back to our vaping no matter the device. I think the "issue" is people originally buy this rebranded ecig from a company that lies about it's real purpose. If just one person read anything I, OF, or any experienced member said and didn't buy one of these than I'm a happy camper. The fact is some people do have these and want to mod them to work the best, same can be said of any other device. I'll keep my snide comments to myself next time, because that's just what it was, snide and uncalled for. And honestly yes it didn't belong very high up there in the "helpful category". I really don't want people to hate me here or think I'm unhelpful. So all I can do is move on an apologize, be more helpful in the future, because obviously I lied and am still keeping an eye on this thread. :tinfoil::rofl:

OF

If just one person read anything I, OF, or any experienced member said and didn't buy one of these than I'm a happy camper. The fact is some people do have these and want to mod them to work the best, same can be said of any other device.

Interesting take. I'd never considered guys might read the thread before buying, I sure hope if they do they read it all....

For me it's more about helping guys get the most out of what they have (some of these guys can run Omicrons on the adapter, but for the life of me I can never remember which don't.....) and to urge them not to give up and revert to blazing, that would be a huge loss IMO.

FWIW, I see 'your stuff' as honest. But if you think the delivery is getting in the way of the message and want to try a milder approach, that's your call as well. I'm glad you're still in there swinging, it's an important message from many angles.

Everyone ends up with white hats. Everyone. How cool is that?

OF

Vayperson

OF,

Honestly, believe it or not, I'm completely on your side. I don't doubt for a minute that you and KC have been on this thread to help educate people about the quality of omnicron device vs. the gpen. I also don't doubt for a second that the gpen is a re-branded electronic cigarette that someone figured out that you could smoke hash oil out of. Its obvious that the quality is low, but that does not mean the gpen doesnt vape oil well. If someone had some concrete evidence that the materials used in the gpen are harmful...I would stop using it immediately. I appreciate KC coming back to the thread and looking forward to learning more and sharing info about the gpen, and other options as well.

Vayperson

OF

Honestly, believe it or not, I'm completely on your side. I don't doubt for a minute that you and KC have been on this thread to help educate people about the quality of omnicron device vs. the gpen.

I appreciate KC coming back to the thread and looking forward to learning more and sharing info about the gpen, and other options as well.

Why shouldn't I take you at your word? While I'm glad we agree, I'm not at all comfortable with the idea of "sides". We're discussing experiences and opinions. I think we're all on the side of vaping and want the best for our fellow forum members?

No doubt about it, some guys are happy with theirs, others struggle, some give up and go back to blazing and get an 'oh, those things' attitude that does nobody real good. I tend to worry about the last bunch, want to see the middle ones get on with life and think (frankly) most of the first just don't know any better (hopefully yet, that is they will eventually try straight oil in Omicron or Revolution/DART). Fortunately the Omicrons can usually be run with a simple and cheap adapter so it's straight eduction deal, Revolution/DART has voltage and current considerations that make them harder to recommend straight off. Besides, Omicron is a 'load a big bunch' vape, like this one, not 'load as you go' where you get half a dozen or so hits before having to add more concentrate.

And again, not to belabor it, I don't know of a single ex Omicron or TV user who 'discovers' this or similar units and starts spreading the good news. There's a bunch of the other sex.

I too am pleased we didn't manage to scare KC off. You may have noted that he and I are not the only trouble makers in this little play, there are other white hats around trying to help. IMO that's the way it should be.

Thanks for the post, it's much appreciated.

You know that sign that says 'the worst day fishing is better than the best day working'? We could probably say the same sort of thing here?

OF

OF,

nysuperscum

Found this post and I had to share my experience: I bought one of these - been using for a few weeks. At first I used some wax and got pretty high. Then I started to notice it tasted like chemicals or melted plastic and gave me a headache. I contacted Grenco Science and they replied with a a PDF explaining it's completely safe and the funny taste was glycerin which should burn off; they even recommended oils. So I bought some oil from my local dispensary - the funny taste was gone and I was getting pretty high. But I still kept getting a lingering headache. After awhile I forgot to reload the tank, but I was still getting big ass hits??? WTF is that smoke I'm inhaling? So I do a little more research and find out this thing is actually a re-branded Chinese e-cig called the EGO-W which was meant for a specific nicotine oil, not the waxes or honel oils for medical users. Made me realize that Grenco Science doesn't actually do any manufacturing or R&D on this product. The PDF they sent saying how they use high quality safe materials is complete bullshit. And that smoke I was inhaling from an empty tank? That actually IS melting plastic/chemicals from the coil and fiberglass wick that was NOT meant to burn waxes or honey oil. MEDICAL USERS BEWARE - Grenco "Science" is in it for the profit, not your health or safety.

There's nothing wrong about making vapes for profit. In fact, I'll bet that ignoring the health and safety of your customers cuts into profits considerably.

Thanks to forums like FC here, the most profitable ventures tend to be those that use quality materials, provide a quality experience, and produce products designed to protect the health and safety of their customers.

nysuperscum,

Vitolo

Vaporist
My what an interesting 1st post. So subtle!

mod note: If you have a problem with his post the report button is the preferred solution.

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Sorry, Foaming.. I did not mean to "jump".
I am a bit protective of the forum, and your first post appeared to be designed to get us to investigate the new product to be released in a week.
I became "spamspicious", and spoke too soon, perhaps.
Be well, Foaming.. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Vitolo,

FOAMING MAD

thanks dude
Did think here we go again.But its all good.New to all this and just was asking is all
I will report on the glass tanks.Should be here on monday.I am not liking the other tanks.
I have bought two gpens The first one is all apart.Would not charge.But i found out later its the charger that is no good.

dowork123

I signed up today for this reason....

Bought a stok vape pen, when I called about my order of replacement cartridges, no one would answer. So that leads me to looking at the g pen because it has the nail cart. And as foaming said, now with the glass carts and dual heating element, should be nice and a bit more durable I hope.

Anyway, I will be awaiting that review on the glass carts bro.

dowork123,

OF

I will report on the glass tanks.Should be here on monday.I am not liking the other tanks.

Excellent, by all means please do. Perhaps this will 'breathe new life' back into this guy? Otherwise, there's no getting around the fact that this thread is full of guys with problems and is tiny compared to 'the competition's threads'. Both Omicron and Revolution/DART seem to be more successful by a wide margin, each getting converts from this (and similar modified e-cigs) with nobody (AFAIK) starting with them and 'graduating' to the G Pen?

If I'm not mistaken, you can go to the D9 (maker of the Omicron and Persei) site and buy the same 'exciting new invention' at a lower price there. It doesn't work any better with concentrates, of course. For that I think you should investigate the purpose built systems (not modified 'e juice' ones).

But, yes, someone has to test any new options out for us and let us know. Thanks for volunteering, I'm sure many of us are interested.

And welcome to the Forums! LOTS of excellent experience, advice and opinions being traded here you know.

I signed up today for this reason....

Anyway, I will be awaiting that review on the glass carts bro.

Howdy, and welcome to you as well.

I guess the same (late) advice applies? When you get a chance you might review other guys experiences with this class (modified e-cigs) as well as the purpose built ones. IIRC the basic pen can be used for powering the TV DART (or Revolution) instead of the carts offered directly and with this adapter:
http://www.tropicalvapors.com/Adapt...artomizer-Omicron-Super-Nova-Smoore_p_68.html

they can drive the Omicron carts which most guys find clearly superior.

OF

OF,

dowork123

Howdy, and welcome to you as well.

I guess the same (late) advice applies? When you get a chance you might review other guys experiences with this class (modified e-cigs) as well as the purpose built ones. IIRC the basic pen can be used for powering the TV DART (or Revolution) instead of the carts offered directly and with this adapter:
http://www.tropicalvapors.com/Adapt...artomizer-Omicron-Super-Nova-Smoore_p_68.html

they can drive the Omicron carts which most guys find clearly superior.

OF

I don't want to have bad etiquette here and hijack the thread, but that's my issue. I need something I can smoke in public in non med states. The g pen and the stok are small....but you're saying my stok vape can power those carts and even the omicron cart with an adapter...did I get that straight? I was thinking my only option would be to buy the glass carts from grenco and pray the screwed onto my stok.

That leads me to another question....I wouldn't care to buy the omicron and just get another pen. But my oil is all stable, so the nail is from my understanding my only option at this point for consistently good hits. I heard people say they put amber glass in their omicron no problem but I haven't heard enough of that to make the purchase.

dowork123,

SD_haze

I don't want to have bad etiquette here and hijack the thread, but that's my issue. I need something I can smoke in public in non med states. The g pen and the stok are small....but you're saying my stok vape can power those carts and even the omicron cart with an adapter...did I get that straight? I was thinking my only option would be to buy the glass carts from grenco and pray the screwed onto my stok.

That leads me to another question....I wouldn't care to buy the omicron and just get another pen. But my oil is all stable, so the nail is from my understanding my only option at this point for consistently good hits. I heard people say they put amber glass in their omicron no problem but I haven't heard enough of that to make the purchase.
Its not that stable oil doesn't work well in the omicron, its that low-quality stuff can gum up the works. If you are properly purging your oil then you should be safe. Additionally, even high quality hard shatter isn't quite as "on-demand", unless you get the hotter carts that honestly require you to get the hang of it at lower temps first.

My favorite thing to put in the omicron is a nice stable, pliable light-colored wax. The more translucent the better, want to minimize any plant matter to keep the vaporizer part nice and clean.

OF

I need something I can smoke in public in non med states. The g pen and the stok are small....but you're saying my stok vape can power those carts and even the omicron cart with an adapter...did I get that straight?

I heard people say they put amber glass in their omicron no problem but I haven't heard enough of that to make the purchase.

First off, an important detail, we're not talking about smoking here. No combustion, vapor. Entirely different, really. I assume that's what you really meant to say?

I've never seen the Stok, nor heard about it before (these things seem to come and go fast, there must be a dozen of them by now?). It looks to me like it could be Atmos under the skin? If so, it may use the m601 thread directly (like my Atmos RX does) and therefore take the Omicron carts directly (use the 2.4 Ohm ones to start.....seriously, don't get sucked into the 'bigger cloud' trap before you're ready with the necessary skills). If not, they most likely use the 'standard' 510 connector (there seems to be evidence of this) meaning you'll need the adapter to match the threads up. You can order a single (although I'd suggest a few and the 'loading tool') from Planet Vape. If they fit, you're good to load and go, if not you'll need the adapter.

It will hold a gram (maybe even a bit more) of concentrate, but I recommend starting out with half a gram. Stable oils are IMO better, they tend to leak much less and are easier to control. Very stiff ones, like shatters, work well (for me and AFAIK 'everyone' else?) but they need more heat to flow to the wicks well, something you quickly master if you pay attention. The key is there are two separate heaters involved, one makes the vapor, but the other preheats the good so they'll feed. Keep that part too cold and you can't feed fast enough and you risk low vapor output, burning what oil you do get, and maybe wrecking the cart. Let that part get too hot and you invite leaks and burnt oil before it get a chance to get vaporized. It's all in how much you lean on the button and how long you let it recover between hits. Fairly easy to control with the standard 2.4 Ohm carts, a much harder balance to strike and hold with 1.5s.

A very important difference exists between the purpose built carts (include Revolution/DART in this), the materials used are selected for the duty. No cotton, plastic, cardboard or other stuff OK for 'juice' but not up to the service requirements of vaping the heavy concentrates we need. Instead you find silica, ceramic, carefully selected heater materials and the like. Likewise the seals are different.

With a fairly cheap experiment (some carts, the tool, and maybe the adapter) you could well end up with a serious upgrade (performance wise) on your hands, easy access to materials and support and way less waste and grief.

Good luck.

http://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizer-extract-cartridge-single.html
http://www.planetvape.ca/cartridge-fill-tool.html
http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/thermovape-revolution-dart-lv-low-voltage

OF

OF,

Vayperson

Although the Glass G tank looks like a step in the right direction for the Gpen, I'm cautiously awaiting someone to do a review before I spend $50. I say this because I am on my 6th Gtank. The failure rate is pretty high but @ 14 bucks per tank its not such an issue. $50 per tank...that's an issue. They ship on the 14th of September so we will see what happens !

Vayperson,

FOAMING MAD

I should get the glass tank tomoro.I just got a new tank for the Gpen and guess what.I put some bud oil in and about 20 hits later the heating coil started getting glowing hot.Then that was it it bunrt out.Piss me off
Now this is tank #2 that went that way.Very sad

FOAMING MAD,

OF

Sorry you guys are having trouble, but I can't really say it's much of a surprise. While this one could be different, such problems seems to be the common experience with similar e-cig conversions.

Until someone tells us otherwise (like it doesn't fit or work), I think a good solution lies in the adapter and Omicron cart route. They last, on average, 2 or 3 grams I'd say and don't generally burn out but just get fouled out to the point their production drops off. Seems to me a guy could back up his bet here with an adapter and Omicron cart for the price of a few carts or one tank? That's a hint......

OTOH, the DART basically doesn't die. Of many thousands maybe a dozen? All replaced under warranty AFAIK. They need 'topping up' every .05 or .1 gram but when they get dirty you can soak the whole thing in alcohol and/or boil it in water....comes out basically new again (performance wise). Inside it's all metal and ceramic, nothing to burn up. While Omicron is picky about concentrates (must be super melt or better), Revolution/DART will vape bubble hash, kief, or anything else you have as well (although you need to stir between hits). Shouldn't need an adapter here, it's 510 thread already.

Can't tell ya what to do of course, your call, but I think it'd be cool if somebody who has the unit and 'the problem' gave one of the options a try and reported back?

TIA

OF

Vayperson

OF,

The above post looks suspiciously like some your other posts in this thread. I am not harping on you or your posts, but you seem to take a great deal of interest in directing the readers of this thread to YOUR solution.....Omnicron, or Thermovape. Do you work for Delta 9? Do you work for ThermoTech? I have to ask because you've taken many opportunities in this thread to explain why these are so much better than the gpen. This is still your opinion. I have used both the Omnicron and Thermovape and although there is a clear difference in the quality of materials used, the Gpen hits/performs WAYYYY better than both IMHO.

Grenco came out with a GLASS TANK. It is an improvement on what they had. Hopefully this is both a step up in quality of the Gpen as a whole and a clear example that the company is looking to improve in the quality of product that they are providing.

Cheers and Happy V'ping

Vperson

Vayperson,
Reactions: HSADJADI

OF

OF,

The above post looks suspiciously like some your other posts in this thread. Do you work for Delta 9? Do you work for ThermoTech?

Nope. I'm retired actually. And a happy customer of both companies.

I'm not sure how consistent posts are suspicious. To me it rather indicates other things usually.....good things.

I share your hope this will evolve into another good choice for consumers, we can always profit from such competition I believe. However, at present good folks are having problems, I sure don't want them to give up and go back to combustion, do you?

As a group we have a long (and fairly sad) history with such modified e-cigs. I'm perhaps wrong to lump them together, but for now I see no reason not to. I understand it may be hard to accept, but I'm really only trying to help out.....I personally don't have a dog in the fight and don't profit in any way.

You'll note, I hope, I suggested somebody try those options and report back? I still think it'd be a good idea, folks with this unit I think would welcome such a comparison.

BTW, I'm still the same guy I was in post 132 above......saying the same stuff (I think).

OF

OF,

dowork123

OF,

When I said smoke in me earlier post, I used the wrong wording. I understand we are talking about vaporization....just new to the nomenclature. What I meant to say is I need a portable vaporization device that is discreet so that I can smoke in public (non med state). I am most likely going to buy the omicron because I am committed to finding a vaping device that works AND has good customer support/service.

Also, I am going to be buying the glass tanks from grenco since I have the stok pen already. I will report back as soon as I have a good grasp on how they work. I won't take one rip off the thing and come here claiming its awesomeness, lol!

Good day all!

dowork123,
Top Bottom