The G Pen by Grenco Science

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Cool o-phos are pretty discreet. Can it also take a pen cap like the ecigs? that would be a bonus

and can these also vape normal bud?

and how's the smell?
You would need a seperate attachment to vape flowers (hercules for omicron or persei, bender for persei)

Mynameismud,

carusomike5

okay, so I am trying to attach an ego-c twist battery to my gpen glass tank. problem is I have no idea where to buy an adapter to make the 510 threaded ego work with the gpen's threading. does anyone know what threading the gpen uses? also, can anyone please offer some advice on an appropriate place to purchase such an adapter?

does anyone know of away to attach a Vapor 4 Life battery to a gpen glass tank? the v4l has an 808 thread battery and the gpen tank is m601, right? do u know where to get an 808 to m601 adapter?

carusomike5,

OF

OF,
Reactions: mvapes
Hey a buddy just gave me his Gpen and im totallally newb too concentes and was wondering at this dispensary they sell strain named "shatter". what is that? can it be used in the Gpen? Isnt shatter just a fancy word for BHO? And that would probably work in the Gpen i suppose. thanks for the help guys and im looking forward to using the gpen XD. i go through the dispensary is their anything in particular i should be looking for? whats the best for it wax, hash oil, BHO, shatter? what doesn work great in it?

Last edited:
laugingsodreamy12,

OF

[quote="laugingsodreamy12, post: 436084, member: 13501] what doesn work great in it?[/quote]

What doesn't work great in G pen? Basically everything? Not to be flippant but I don't think you'll find many experienced vapers that think it works "great" with any concentrate. Guys who's experienced based opinion you'd want to put a lot of stock in. At least not for long and reliably. OK is probably the best you can hope for.

Shatter is a more highly refined extract, usually BHO to start with but other solvents (like CO2) can also serve as the base. By making it more pure (removing junk) you end up with a thicker oil that eventually gets hard enough at room temperature to snap like glass rather than bend, hence the name. Ironically, pure THC is a fairly thin liquid at room temperature (think Pure Gold). But 'shatter is more highly refined than most' is a safe statement, I think.

In general, while purer and usually better taste, some volume/weight is lost so the price goes up from that too (in addition to the labor).....but it's also harder to vape. It takes more power to get it liquid again before a small bit of the liquid can be heated enough to evaporate. And extra power under control is definitely not a strong suit with this vape. Ironically, lower 'quality' oils will probably be easier to vape here?

You may, however, be able to adapt it to use Omicron Carts which are, IMO, much more practical.

Good luck.

OF

[quote="laugingsodreamy12, post: 436084, member: 13501] what doesn work great in it?

What doesn't work great in G pen? Basically everything? Not to be flippant but I don't think you'll find many experienced vapers that think it works "great" with any concentrate. Guys who's experienced based opinion you'd want to put a lot of stock in. At least not for long and reliably. OK is probably the best you can hope for.

Shatter is a more highly refined extract, usually BHO to start with but other solvents (like CO2) can also serve as the base. By making it more pure (removing junk) you end up with a thicker oil that eventually gets hard enough at room temperature to snap like glass rather than bend, hence the name. Ironically, pure THC is a fairly thin liquid at room temperature (think Pure Gold). But 'shatter is more highly refined than most' is a safe statement, I think.

In general, while purer and usually better taste, some volume/weight is lost so the price goes up from that too (in addition to the labor).....but it's also harder to vape. It takes more power to get it liquid again before a small bit of the liquid can be heated enough to evaporate. And extra power under control is definitely not a strong suit with this vape. Ironically, lower 'quality' oils will probably be easier to vape here?

You may, however, be able to adapt it to use Omicron Carts which are, IMO, much more practical.

Good luck.

OF[/quote]
My friend hits oil out of his and it seems to work okay, but im sure its not the best money can get but you have to admit it is cheap and ive seen him get pretty good rips, im just going to use it for a portable since all the portable vapes suck and they break 24/7. So shatter is a no no? so should i just go for BHO? i just want to know what is viable with this thing, concentrates are very expensive and wouldnt wanna waste alot of money. What about ISO hash oil?

laugingsodreamy12,

OF

My friend hits oil out of his and it seems to work okay, but im sure its not the best money can get but you have to admit it is cheap and ive seen him get pretty good rips, im just going to use it for a portable since all the portable vapes suck and they break 24/7. So shatter is a no no? so should i just go for BHO? i just want to know what is viable with this thing, concentrates are very expensive and wouldnt wanna waste alot of money. What about ISO hash oil?

Your call, of course, but I sure can't agree "all the portable vapes suck and they break 24/7". There are some quite excellent portable oil vapes out there. Revolution/DART, Omicron, Cera EO and just coming out, Hercules/SR71 come to mind.

Shatter is more challenging to vape under normal conditions, and this is a challenging vape to use. Add those two together and you're chances get lower IMO. BHO is probably a good call, ISO oils will probably taste worse and foul faster. You might reconsider that cost idea. Oil is expensive. Put a gram in the vape you have and you'll lose a lot of it to leaks, cooked oil and other disasters minor or major. If, instead, you put it in a 2.4 Ohm Omicron cart and hit it normally you'd probably be looking at 250 or 300 relatively drama free, very nice hits. A couple hundred. Seriously. Check it out, lots of guys have.

Notice the length of the two threads. Do a spot check, go to a page or two at random in each and see if it's happy folks or sad folks? My advice is 'follow the smart money'.

Good luck.

OF

Squirrel

The Essential Oil Glass Tank is by far the best thing I've ever used. I put it through hell, I used it all day, soaked it in iso then rubbed the coil with a qtip several times a day for over a month. I wouldn't even wait for the iso to dry, I just ran the coils until it was dried, which I imagine is bad.

Anyway the thing is a tank, it hasn't broken yet and its been over a month of this use and abuse. It really works well with all concentrates too, thin, thick, wax, all of them like perfectly. After going through ever other vape pen I can say without a doubt that this one is my favorite.

Note to anyone that plans on using it:
Don't overfill, It's works better with a tiny amount of concentrate. A thin strip over the wick is all I need for many many wonderful hits. A drop or two or a rice sized piece, less is better, which really helps to make my oil supply last woo.

Squirrel,

DubCRider

After going through ever other vape pen I can say without a doubt that this one is my favorite.

This comment is laughable. Why would you purchase every pen on the market? I haven't even tried half of them but can safely tell you the G-pen is garbage compared to a lot of them. Thermovape and Omicron/Persei have lifetime warranties and are much better products. Give it another month and your cart will be broken. You may have gotten a lucky one that's reliable but if you read the reviews and use a legit brand you will quickly realize that cart is a gimmick.

Squirrel

This comment is laughable. Why would you purchase every pen on the market? I haven't even tried half of them but can safely tell you the G-pen is garbage compared to a lot of them. Thermovape and Omicron/Persei have lifetime warranties and are much better products. Give it another month and your cart will be broken. You may have gotten a lucky one that's reliable but if you read the reviews and use a legit brand you will quickly realize that cart is a gimmick.

If you had a bad day and saying things that way makes you feel better than you know, I'm happy to take it, I only hope you really look at what I said and then what you said, then ask yourself, is that kind of response really going to get people to see things your way? Maybe it will but is it the kind of environment you want to create for yourself of the rest of you fellow vaping enthusiasts?

I have to ask, have you tried the new essential glass tank or just wrote it off as a gimmick from a company your friends have deemed "gimmicky" because its that kind of closed mindedness that holds back our society's progress.

I agree that the word choice in my previous comment was careless, I meant to say I've tried almost every vape pen for concentrates and some that can do both. So I do understand I haven’t tried all the vape pens or table top vapes out there and I do apologize for giving that impression. Please excuse any inconvenience this may have caused you or your fragile little mind.
Anyway yeah I've tried every pen I could get my hands on for concentrates and in regard to the persei, I like using the 7.4v configuration with 5ohm cartridges, it produces the cloud I'm after and I still use it. It just seems like so much of my oil gets wasted and I go through so much more oil with the persei carts then I do with my essential oil glass tank from grenco.

Now in regard to warranties, I never buy into them. If you read the fine print there is always a fee for it. Like for the persei, it costs $50 just to redeem the warrenty and you have to pay for shipping both ways. This was on the delta9 site but its down now and probably not on the new w9tech site. Warranties are always like that and maybe you will actually save a few bucks but they still cost you your money and time, and my time is, well, my time is pointless really but I don't want to waste my time dealing with warranty stuff.

I tried the new herc sr-71 because I it just sounded like the best thing ever. But it has a steep learning curve and like the persei/omciron carts, the herc has to be loaded with more the .5g or more to get any vapor. I don't like to waste oil, or have to recover burnt oil with iso. Anyway I couldn't get any good vapes out of the herc and it produced a metallic taste on the draw, I hate that, reminds me of when I used to smoke out of metal pipes, nasty.

I only meant to share my findings with other concentrate users and hopefully save them the time and money I went through to find a reliable product. Will this work for everyone? Ofcourse not we are all different with different lives and habits. I just want to help others find a great way to smoke concentrates, so concentrates will become more popular and be more readily available. Maybe if everyone is able to smoke anywhere, anytime, and all day we wouldn't treat each other so badly.

Squirrel,

OF

Now in regard to warranties, I never buy into them. If you read the fine print there is always a fee for it. Like for the persei, it costs $50 just to redeem the warrenty and you have to pay for shipping both ways. This was on the delta9 site but its down now and probably not on the new w9tech site. Warranties are always like that and maybe you will actually save a few bucks but they still cost you your money and time, and my time is, well, my time is pointless really but I don't want to waste my time dealing with warranty stuff.

But you're wrong here again. You are, I think, confusing the $50 fee to buy the warranty protection when you buy from illegitimate sources (which come without warranty). I've had several repairs/replacements done by D9 over the years, never paid for a one. Likewise TV will repair/replace for free. And more over, when out of warranty they charge a flat $15 for rebuilding your Revolution/DART and will even change powers for you at no added costs.

Please don't sell our experience here short. We've tried lots of the offerings out there in the eternal search for the best hit and value. We tell each other of the good and bad things we find. This is why you'll find thousands of happy customer posts on the TV and D9 forums as opposed to the hundreds of very mixed results you see on Forums like this that depend on e-cig gear and hype.

It's also important to many of us that D9 and TV support their products by maintaining a presence here to answer questions, sort out problems, give tips and clue us in to upcoming products. IMO there's a message there as well?

I'm happy you're satisfied with your vape choice. I also think you'd like a better one better if you had actually tried Omicron or Revolution/DART? But much of what you say just doesn't wash IMO. And we see that.

OF

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
Seems like everyone hates the g pen here. Here's my take on it... g tank - p.o.s. essential oils tank - p.o.s. mini g pen - getting better, g pen with g coil - game over dabs to the dome.

The g coil on the original g pen doesn't leak oil into the battery compartnent, holds a substantial amount and delivers big good tasting hits. I think grenco should just do away with everything else they sell and just sell original g pen kits with the g coil instead of tank and they'd have a much better reputation.

MileHighLife,
Reactions: OF
Im so confused please help me in the instructions to put it together it says to "unscrew" the G tank? theirs nothing to unscrew from anything? theirs no cartridge to fill? im so confused

laugingsodreamy12,

MileHighLife

Hold the mouth piece in one hand and the battery inthe other and pull lightly and the mouth piece should come off revealing the tank. After the mouth piece is off you can unscrew the tank from the battery.

To do a dab just break a little chunk off your stash and set it on the wire that is coiled around the cotton wick, replace mouth piece press button and hold it down while you draw and you should get a nice cloud rip. Keep the g pen vertical while doing this to keep the dab on the coil.

Last edited:
MileHighLife,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I just bought a G-Pen with the glass cart. It seems ok to me. It's going to my mother-in-law for straight Juices.

They sold it to me all included out the door for 80 bucks new at a LHS.

OF - did I fuck myself here? I haven't read the thread and it seemed good for the priced. Will she be ok with light juicing use?

OF

OF - did I fuck myself here? I haven't read the thread and it seemed good for the priced. Will she be ok with light juicing use?

Beats me, depends on what the MIL wants/needs/understands? Some guys see pissing off the MIL as a good thing as well.......

Beauty being in the eye of the beholder and all. I would not recommend it for you, knowing what I do about your experience and needs.

If you have really managed to fuck yourself, I'd like to know exactly how.....folks have been telling me to go do it but thus far I don't think I've been all that successful. Still willing to learn, of course?

OF

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Well lets just say my journey with the G-Pen has started off on the wrong foot. 3 glass tubes bought - 3 glass tubes broken!

They forgot the original acrylic tube and the white stopper to avoid leakage!

Hopefully I can get this thing working tomorrow but so far....

FUCK you Gpen!

Wait - wrong thread!

MileHighLife

I was about to buy a replacement g coil for my g pen on eBay but realized the micro g kit (2 complete pens, charger, jars and key chain dabber) is going for 38 bucks shipped. The replacement coils are $7 a piece for the micro g whereas the g coil goes for damn near $30. I decided to grab a kit and I'm excited to see how well this thing hits because I personally love the hits off my g coil.

MileHighLife,

OF

Well lets just say my journey with the G-Pen has started off on the wrong foot. 3 glass tubes bought - 3 glass tubes broken!

FUCK you Gpen!

I believe I'm on record as not recommending it for you? But maybe it might be a good thing to give the MIL, depending?

Let me check......yup, that's about the size of it.

OF

OF,

OF

LMAO

Fuck it - the MIL's getting it!

It's important you should be laughing something off.

If we can't get rid of you, at least we can keep you in the corner giggling?

BTW, let us know if it works with the MIL issue, we may be onto something here........

OF

OF,
Top Bottom