The G Pen by Grenco Science

dannomac21

Account Closed
So I had a problem with my battery where it must've been pushed down too far. Every time I used a flat head screwdriver to sort of pry it back up, the unit would work.

Well, now I must've pryed it up too much because the wire that was soldered to the battery came disconnected.

Are there any recommendations on how to take the GPen apart? Soldering the wire back to the battery is going to be no problem at all, I just want to know how to properly take everything apart.

Thanks

dannomac21,

feinwhat

so my gpen glass tank and plastic original tank both broke with in an hours use on the first day pretty frusterating. do the ego-w tanks or cartridges screw into the g battery? or doese any one have advice on a good cartridge that fits the g battery for concentrates.

feinwhat,

Caligula

Maximus
so my gpen glass tank and plastic original tank both broke with in an hours use on the first day pretty frusterating. do the ego-w tanks or cartridges screw into the g battery? or doese any one have advice on a good cartridge that fits the g battery for concentrates.
I started with a G Pen too. Went through a plastic cart, glass cart, G Coil cart, and their "nail" cart. All toast by the end of a month. I tossed the whole rig, bought a Persei from UP Tech, and never looked back. If you want something comparable in price to the G Pen, look at the Omicron.

Last edited:

WaxOnWaxOff

So I had a problem with my battery where it must've been pushed down too far. Every time I used a flat head screwdriver to sort of pry it back up, the unit would work.

Well, now I must've pryed it up too much because the wire that was soldered to the battery came disconnected.

Are there any recommendations on how to take the GPen apart? Soldering the wire back to the battery is going to be no problem at all, I just want to know how to properly take everything apart.

Thanks

I don't have any experience taking these apart, but if you do some google searching for how to disassemble or repair "ego" ecig batteries, you might find what you're looking for. These are the same as the g-pen battery essentially, but much much more common.

WaxOnWaxOff,

WaxOnWaxOff

At the w9tech site you can also get other models that are more comparable in size to the g-pen. Although the Persei is definitely a wonderful device.

if a new pen isn't in the budget right now, i imagine a thread adapter exists that would let you use omicron cartridges with your g-pen battery. I'd go with the 2.4 ohm. The omicron carts are 601 threading but I can't recall what the g-pen uses.

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
At the w9tech site you can also get other models that are more comparable in size to the g-pen. Although the Persei is definitely a wonderful device.

if a new pen isn't in the budget right now, i imagine a thread adapter exists that would let you use omicron cartridges with your g-pen battery. I'd go with the 2.4 ohm. The omicron carts are 601 threading but I can't recall what the g-pen uses.
Omicron carts screw directly into g pen batteries ... both pens use 601 threading

Edit:
IMG_20131005_120553_zps13e63f89.jpg

Last edited:

feinwhat

Thanks does the omichron cartridge work for concentrates also I found a haki how are these products

feinwhat,

MileHighLife

Omicron carts do work for concentrates. Oil in particular. They will not work with bubble or full melt.

Edit: atmos and g5 pens are also 601 threading. I think both are junk but I've never tried them. Never heard of haki

Last edited:
MileHighLife,

Caligula

Maximus
hmmmm, i only have a 7.4v 5ohm (def wont work) and a 3.4v 1.5ohm cart sitting around (quit buying them after I got the Hercules)... Im wondering if the Gpen battery can handle the lower ohm cart @ 3.4v? @BLAZING OG ?

Caligula,

MileHighLife

Yeah I've got some 510 to 601 adapters and use ego c twist variable voltage batteries if I'm using omicron carts. The variable voltage is nice cause you can dial your voltage in for different consistency oils and different ohm carts. And when the battery is dying I can blast the voltage to get a few last hits.

Edit: wonder how these batteries would do with the herc don't have one yet

Last edited:

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Yeah I've got some 510 to 601 adapters and use ego c twist variable voltage batteries if I'm using omicron carts. The variable voltage is nice cause you can dial your voltage in for different consistency oils and different ohm carts. And when the battery is dying I can blast the voltage to get a few last hits.

Edit: wonder how these batteries would do with the herc don't have one yet
Youd need something that can handle 5 plus amps, The beast mod is pretty cool , cheap and made in USA with a japanese 6amp limit switch.
There are a few other Variable voltage mods/box that might handle the HERC(7.4v).

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Google "Ovale elipse"
To see the higher end version
These are 360mah ecigs.
Ovale is a licensed distributor of Joyetech products.
Joyetech is the original manufacturer of this style of vaporizer
The current Ovale models have a metal connection and lock, better batteries and a more reliable atomizer design than the early models which were copies and marketed to Smokeshopa as wax pens
I have one and they work very well, the new atomizers are supposed to be medical grade and gold contacts and all this new stuff.
Gotta get a hold of the new atty.

BLAZING OG,
Reactions: Caligula

bad ninja

Repensum Est Canicula
I
I have one and they work very well, the new atomizers are supposed to be medical grade and gold contacts and all this new stuff.
Gotta get a hold of the new atty.
I use mine strictly for raw concentrates
I rock an evic with cheap ce clearomizers for wax- e juice mixes when I'm out and about

You guys do know about fast tech right?
If you shop brick and mortar or USA based shops for ECig vapes you are gonna shit when you google fast tech.
You will either love me or hate me for turning ya on to them.
:)

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I

I use mine strictly for raw concentrates
I rock an evic with cheap ce clearomizers for wax- e juice mixes when I'm out and about

You guys do know about fast tech right?
If you shop brick and mortar or USA based shops for ECig vapes you are gonna shit when you google fast tech.
You will either love me or hate me for turning ya on to them.
:)
Yeah I just got a astro by kato (clone)(in the mail) , and nimbus rebuildable atty from fasttech.
I dont mind tying out the clones, if I like how it performs buying the real one should perform better or equal in most cases.
My RBA shipped insanley fast , and my astro is still on its way but its only been about 5 or 6 days and its in san Francisco already!!!!!!!
How do you mix your thc/ ejuice??

bad ninja

Repensum Est Canicula
Yeah I just got a astro by kato (clone)(in the mail) , and nimbus rebuildable atty from fasttech.
I dont mind tying out the clones, if I like how it performs buying the real one should perform better or equal in most cases.
My RBA shipped insanley fast , and my astro is still on its way but its only been about 5 or 6 days and its in san Francisco already!!!!!!!
How do you mix your thc/ ejuice??
Glad you asked
I use either straight peg400 or 70% peg400 and 30% pg.

1. Place wax in a small glass container.
2. Heat with double boiler method until wax begins to melt.
3. Add peg ( or peg/pg) at a ratio of 2 ml to .5 grams of wax.
You can make it stronger but it will clog wicks and you don't need too... Trust me.
4. Gently stir while heating until everything is mixed well.
5. Load a tank or drip away.

The liquidizer liquid should work its the same thing just waaaayy overpriced
Peg is dirt cheap.

By the way, my method is from 2 years of trial and error.
I found zero information online about this, as greedy people want to keep this knowledge a secret.
All the bs recipes online will fail.
The only one I see even close is the liquidizer, and they either use too many glycols in their mix or they intentionally mislead you with their label.

This isn't a stab at liquidizer
Their mix should work fine, it's just expensive.

Thanks

1. Screw a cart onto the unit
2. Hold cart with one hand and body of battery in the other.
3. Gently wiggle and pull. B careful as there are wires so don't pull to hard.

It's a pressed fit, and the top connector and button will separate from the battery.

Check YouTube for some vids.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Three posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caligula

Maximus
Glad you asked
I use either straight peg400 or 70% peg400 and 30% pg.

1. Place wax in a small glass container.
2. Heat with double boiler method until wax begins to melt.
3. Add peg ( or peg/pg) at a ratio of 2 ml to .5 grams of wax.
You can make it stronger but it will clog wicks and you don't need too... Trust me.
4. Gently stir while heating until everything is mixed well.
5. Load a tank or drip away.

The liquidizer liquid should work its the same thing just waaaayy overpriced
Peg is dirt cheap.
And the wax doesn't come out of solution and solidify over time? Also have you tried this with more liquidy concentrates like pure gold? Also I'm assuming you can use that flavored e juice stuff to mix? Pure Gold doesn't taste like much and reclaimed stuff tastes dirty half the time.

@BLAZING OG what carts do you suggest I use for this on the Persei?

Caligula,

bad ninja

Repensum Est Canicula
The w
And the wax doesn't come out of solution and solidify over time? Also have you tried this with more liquidy concentrates like pure gold? Also I'm assuming you can use that flavored e juice stuff to mix? Pure Gold doesn't taste like much and reclaimed stuff tastes dirty half the time.

@BLAZING OG what carts do you suggest I use for this on the Persei?

It will not separate

I make my own wax so I don't know what " liquid gold" is.

But BHO or quality QWISO works fine and does not separate.

Polyfil carts suck.
They clog fast and are inconsistent

I Use clearomizers or high end tanks or a dripping atty for thc juices

bad ninja

Repensum Est Canicula
After 25 years of cigs I quit in 3 days with e cigs
From there I graduated to advanced personal vapes and began building pass through a and mods using connectors from cig a like e cigs.
Being a hard core concentrate user. This was a natural progression for me.

I tried for years to blend wax/bho with e juice and eventually cracked the recipe.

Now I can vape concentrates anywhere at any time

Top Bottom