The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayb420

Thanks! Did you get yours from them? Good experience - customer service, sales, etc? Sorry too many q's. I just don't want to deal with poor service if you know what I mean lol.

jayb420,

HerbieVonVapster

Well mine just landed less than 4days from order from firefly to my door using free shipping. Fully charged and testing out some Double Strawberry Diesel. First inpression is very good.

Couple of early hiccups with figuring out the buttons. When they say 3 taps to test the heating setting and battery life they mean 3 taps only. I was muti clicking and not giving it time to work. So 3 taps and wait a second for it to blink the levels amounts.

Taste well it's been discussed here already but still need to say wow. I am very pleased with the vapor it produces. So far taste wise this might become my new favorite portable vaporizer.

Last edited:

malsanti

I am also assuming this is not a problem to use in the UK? How does the charger get plugged in? Directly into the wall? I have sent them an email asking this. I think once it is confirmed that it is good to go, I will put in my order to the official web site.

malsanti,

Pears

I am also assuming this is not a problem to use in the UK? How does the charger get plugged in? Directly into the wall? I have sent them an email asking this. I think once it is confirmed that it is good to go, I will put in my order to the official web site.
Comes with just a standard micro usb cable, as long as you have a decent power brick you'll have no problems charging.

b0

Cloudy...
Just got mine in. Packed a single bowl about 75% full so I could stir by tapping it like the MFLB. All I have to say is WOW :o this is everything I was hoping it'd be, for once the hype was real. I'd say if you've used an MFLB before and had all the advanced techniques down, this thing will be a piece of cake for you. No whistling, no air issues, no added smell/taste, huge clouds, great medication. I'd bet this thing takes the place of my Mighty soon enough.

I'm so happy to hear this! Thats exactly how I was planning to use it, now I know it's gonna work!

Can't wait to receive it

jabba

I sold my FF2. It worked great...it just isn't my style. The FF2 will work great for a lot of folks...but it is less than ideal for me personally. It is a better session vape imo...but is a bit wonky ergonomically, lacks an external charger (unless you wish to buy one extra), requires lots of stirring to fully extract, requires a couple long draws before it really 'gets going', and has zero stealth or portability attributes imo. I'm not bad mouthing this cool little device...it works and works well...but it isn't 'for' everyone. This isn't a simple quick ripper.

splinter218

Well looks like I am hopefully getting my grasshopper shipped this month (if they aren't blowing hot air). But it looks like the FireFly 2 does the same job as a one hitter and might be better made? Need opinions. Since I have waited this long stick with the Grasshopper or cancel or and get a FireFly 2.

Either one will be used as a secondary vape to be used for quick hits when not home.

Pears

Well looks like I am hopefully getting my grasshopper shipped this month (if they aren't blowing hot air). But it looks like the FireFly 2 does the same job as a one hitter and might be better made? Need opinions. Since I have waited this long stick with the Grasshopper or cancel or and get a FireFly 2.

Either one will be used as a secondary vape to be used for quick hits when not home.
I have a few dislikes on the "quality" of the firefly so far, but they are purely cosmetic and extra picky. I haven't used a GH but I can say that the FF2 is fantastic for a quick on demand load

jabba

I just sold the FF2 and am waiting impatiently for the GH. IMO the GH provides a much better stealth/portability and ability to act as a simple one hitter 'ripper'. GH provides something that none of the other vapes offer imo. I don't mind the reported heat with the GH as...like I said...I need a little quick stealthy one ripper. The FF2 imo is a home use very nice pseudo portable convection vape. FF2 requires finesse including stirring, very slow draws, and multiple draws to get the vape really 'going'. FF2 is great....but it just isn't for me. If you are looking for a 'secondary vape for when not at home'.....imo the FF2 is really and truly not the device.

jabba,

splinter218

I just sold the FF2 and am waiting impatiently for the GH. IMO the GH provides a much better stealth/portability and ability to act as a simple one hitter 'ripper'. GH provides something that none of the other vapes offer imo. I don't mind the reported heat with the GH as...like I said...I need a little quick stealthy one ripper. The FF2 imo is a home use very nice pseudo portable convection vape. FF2 requires finesse including stirring, very slow draws, and multiple draws to get the vape really 'going'. FF2 is great....but it just isn't for me. If you are looking for a 'secondary vape for when not at home'.....imo the FF2 is really and truly not the device.

Thanks for the info. I have the Arizer Air for home, just need one that I can rip sometimes when out. Looks like keeping pre-order.

splinter218,

Pears

I 100% agree, my FF2 is for home while my Mighty is for travel. Firefly is too delicate for extreme portability IMO; with a really sturdy case I wouldn't mind taking the FF2 out and about as long as it's mostly a quiet affair.

HerbieVonVapster

I sold my FF2. It worked great...it just isn't my style.
Totally agree with style. For the use I bought for it seems so far it excels. I have a lot of vaporizers but no one style fits all my needs. I wouldn't try to walk the dog with this vaporizer for example. Pax2 shines for me there.

For me its about staying enough medicated every day to keep pain in check. When you need to medicate every hour or so then comes down to what vaporizer fits each of the activity I am engaged in.

I was looking a another on demand portable vaporizer. Something about convection vaporizer work better for my pain issue. I love my elevape for more portable use. It's a tank and can take a beating. The firefly 2 use is planned more for my on demand needs around the house and garden visiting friends etc.

Last edited:
Alas... I'm struggling to match my other Vapes. Is it me? My vape print the issue?
It is the coolest looking vape ever. Sexy is the word, and smart. Love the app and swappable batts. Problem is, I'm used to getting Vapes I like perform to their full potential, from weed prep, drying, grinding, drawing, button pressing, temp setting, cleaning, and every other conceivable aspect of vaping, but it's been two days and clouds are minimal, taste ok, effect really not there. I know I'm missing something.
Hey man keep tryin, I experienced this for a while but I think the device actually "broke in" after a bit.

MikeMcSnipe,
Reactions: DarkSm0ke

ArthurJ

@jayb420 I had a good exeperience ordering direct from firefly.
I ordered a red one and then get an e-mail from firefly letting me know that they had blue and black ones coming in so if I wanted to change my color I could have it sooner. So I changed to a blue and got one sooner than I expected.
I thought that was cool. That was a couple weeks ago.
I enjoy it a lot.

Mr. Me2

Thanks! Did you get yours from them? Good experience - customer service, sales, etc? Sorry too many q's. I just don't want to deal with poor service if you know what I mean lol.
I got my ff1 from a retailer. When I needed a warranty claim, ff said he could not submit it direct, but had to go through either the retailer or their online processor (an online retailer). I wish I remembered which.

Having said that, I wish I had purchased my ff1 direct, because the company was so helpful. They went out of their way for me, even though I didn't buy direct.

I hope that helps you.

vape4fun

Well regarding portability I wouldn't discount this vape. I feel like the tough part is you can't walk with it because it's like walking and holding your breath for 20 seconds. However when I take doggie out for a walk he sits patiently outside my apt building I take four nice drags slip it in my pocket and off we go. At this point my pax would have warmed up and allowed me to start vaping....

The Pax2 is better for walking and hitting for sure and for group sessions however I've had pax2 in my pocket or in a bag and have multiple people comment on the smell. FF2 I've gone out on balcony at work in a non-tolerant work place hit it thrice came back in and it is sealed and tight. No smell no smelly vapor and nobody looking at me funny besides my own paranoia imagining they are because I'm ripped!

In conclusion portability and stealth has to be defined for each person. Smell isn't an issue with this device but you almost have to be stationary to use it. I've stood outside bars putting my hand over it and had no issues. Stirring wise not the best but if you pack it loose and not too dense you can smack against your palm. Ok perhaps you won't get every last hit but it will be fine.

I don't think it's fair to dismiss this vape for portability because for me I find this to me much more stealth than Pax2....and efficiency can't be compared. A tiny pinch will get you flying!!! Also not blowing huge clouds also pretty stealth IMO.

collegeKid101

I'm really debating between the FF 2 and Pax 2 because as stealthy as the Pax 2 is the residual smell totally gives it away. And like many have said, its small enough to palm while stationary and not draw too much attention to yourself. Anyways, thanks for commenting about the personal differences on discreteness, it had definitely helped me in my decision!
Well regarding portability I wouldn't discount this vape. I feel like the tough part is you can't walk with it because it's like walking and holding your breath for 20 seconds. However when I take doggie out for a walk he sits patiently outside my apt building I take four nice drags slip it in my pocket and off we go. At this point my pax would have warmed up and allowed me to start vaping....

The Pax2 is better for walking and hitting for sure and for group sessions however I've had pax2 in my pocket or in a bag and have multiple people comment on the smell. FF2 I've gone out on balcony at work in a non-tolerant work place hit it thrice came back in and it is sealed and tight. No smell no smelly vapor and nobody looking at me funny besides my own paranoia imagining they are because I'm ripped!

In conclusion portability and stealth has to be defined for each person. Smell isn't an issue with this device but you almost have to be stationary to use it. I've stood outside bars putting my hand over it and had no issues. Stirring wise not the best but if you pack it loose and not too dense you can smack against your palm. Ok perhaps you won't get every last hit but it will be fine.

I don't think it's fair to dismiss this vape for portability because for me I find this to me much more stealth than Pax2....and efficiency can't be compared. A tiny pinch will get you flying!!! Also not blowing huge clouds also pretty stealth IMO.

collegeKid101,

collegeKid101

I'm really debating between the FF 2 and Pax 2 because as stealthy as the Pax 2 is the residual smell totally gives it away. And like many have said, its small enough to palm while stationary and not draw too much attention to yourself. Anyways, thanks for commenting about the personal differences on discreteness, it had definitely helped me in my decision!
Crap I was very unclear. Lol the second part about stationary palming hits was meant to be about the FF 2. My bad lol

collegeKid101,
Reactions: vape4fun

vape4fun

I think one thing college kid which to me would be biggest drawback as college student is sharing with people. This is a one person vape maybe two but no more. As far as what it is you can always say blue tooth speaker. If no bud in there the bowl looks like a speaker and the mouth piece as a plug to charge it. When herb is in there well you're on your own!

collegeKid101

I think one thing college kid which to me would be biggest drawback as college student is sharing with people. This is a one person vape maybe two but no more. As far as what it is you can always say blue tooth speaker. If no bud in there the bowl looks like a speaker and the mouth piece as a plug to charge it. When herb is in there well you're on your own!
Yeahhhh I typically only use by myself or at max with one other person when pre gaming for the night or staying in and watching movies. Not a lot of my friends smoke, and a vape like this would definitely suit my needs since I can kill a bowl and be ripped pretty quickly instead of wondering if I'd have time to smoke in between the RA leaving and my friends coming to pick me up :rofl:

Lightmgl

Just got a new FF2 as my first vape directly from Firefly but I'm having some trouble. I've used plenty of vapes before but something is off here.

On this one the green lights are never "blinking" it just turns on immediately solid. I have tried a few times over a few hours including after unboxing and the green light never blinks.

The device does feel like it gets hot and lights up slightly but never too hot even if I hold the buttons down a long time. It takes an extreme amount of time holding down the buttons before I can get any vapor, and I have been unable to finish a bowl. Most hits yield no vapor/smoke and the material appears to not be getting consumed much.

I already verified it is set to High temperature. I just switched the battery in hope that may help.

Lightmgl,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom