The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh4dy15

I talked to FF and they looked at my lid and we agreed that it's simply a matter of seating the lid correctly and carefully before using, the gap in the gasket is of no concern and after realllllly thinking about it, it is fine in my opinion, the lids that have issues must have weaker magnets or something? It might be the magnets in the lids? My magnets are HELLA strong, they pull razor blades from 2 inches away, so when I seat the lid correctly, I get proper suction/airflow every time and excellent vapor. I just needed to pay attention when putting the lid on.

Since I have been adjusting how I put the lid on and paying attention to the lid, I notice the correct draw resistance every time and get very excited cuz here comes the vapor!!!!

fully satisfied that it was my user error.

I think it might be the magnets too. I have to put a little effort in to get the lid off, won't just pop off too easily.

Sh4dy15,

purplenurple24

I think it might be the magnets too. I have to put a little effort in to get the lid off, won't just pop off too easily.
I wouldn't say mine is "easy" to pop off. I definitely have to put some effort into it. I guess I need to see how far I can pull a razor-blade from and compare it to @Morimoto's 2 inches.

purplenurple24,

colomarijuana

@Sh4dy15 Right. The point is, you should be getting consistent airflow resistance. If you aren't, start troubleshooting with Firefly for lid or any other potential issues.

@purplenurple24 At first yeah, can't remember if it was email or instagram that they pointed me to the "keep debris away from lid" FAQ. I had weird airflow when the FF was 100% clean which would get progressively worse throughout each session.

Edit: Compared to the FF1, this lid is weak. I believe the FF1 had two larger magnets and I counted 8 smaller agents on the FF2 lid.

colomarijuana,

purplenurple24

@Sh4dy15 Right. The point is, you should be getting consistent airflow resistance. If you aren't, start troubleshooting with Firefly for lid or any other potential issues.

@purplenurple24 At first yeah, can't remember if it was email or instagram that they pointed me to the "keep debris away from lid" FAQ. I had weird airflow when the FF was 100% clean which would get progressively worse throughout each session.
Alright, I'm just gonna put a fucking 1/8th through this thing tonight and test all the variables. Problem is after the first bowl or two, I'm not gonna give a fuck anymore. If I can't figure it out, I'll try calling them tomorrow. Thanks again to everybody here. You guys are fucking ROCKSTARS.

Morimoto

@purplenurple24 Lol! I ment Centimeters not inches I replaced the red slick pad I had and bought a FoxRun slick mat that has inches and centimeters on it yesterday and I watch the razors fly when I move my lid or put the heater unit upsidedown, the heater unit & lid magnets on mine will pull a razor a full 4 centimeters.

Silly Canucks and the awesome metric system!!

@Sh4dy15 Yes, me 2, I was in the woods with it today and I was paranoid that the lid would "pop" off too when stiring, but I was careful and all was well (wind didn't fuck me during the stir lol, waited between breezes). My bike ride was very nice through the woods all fried to the gills with the FF2

Last edited:

Sh4dy15

@purplenurple24 my lid is definitely not easy to pop off! I think you might be onto something.

I have to apply a decent amount of pressure to the point where I'm nervous it's gonna pop off and fly out of my hand. Let's put it like this I can hold the unit by just the lid and shake it up and down with confidence it's not going to fall off. (WARNING: If you test this do it over a couch or bed)

Sh4dy15,

Mustang_52

I have the same issue as far as a gap going down one side more then the other and they have me the same response.

Mustang_52,

Sh4dy15

@Morimoto if I hang two paperclips above it and kind of swing over it I feel the pull of the magnets almost an inch away.

If you think about it that silicon seal is just sealing off the vapor path so it's OK of its offset a bit. The lid does need to be on tight though or that will create issues which is leading me to believe it's the magnets.

"Yeah bitch! Magnets!" (For the Beaking Bad fans)

Last edited:

purplenurple24

@Morimoto if I hang two paperclips above it and kind of swing over it I feel the pull of the magnets almost an inch away.

If you think about it that silicon seal is just sealing off the vapor path so it's OK of its offset a bit. The lid does need to be on tight though or that will create issues which is leading me to believe it's the magnets.

"Yeah bitch! Magnets!" (For the Beaking Bad fans)
"Yeah, Bitch!" Sick reference:rockon:

I really don't know what to think anymore. Something is/isn't happening. Firefly says it's not the gasket. My magnets seem to be about on par with your magnets (I will still try to test that, though).

Maybe it's me? (along with Reggie and a few other guys)

I'm gonna feel like a fucking idiot if I wasted this whole thread's time because I can't put a magnetized lid on properly.

purplenurple24,

Sh4dy15

"Yeah, Bitch!" Sick reference:rockon:

I really don't know what to think anymore. Something is happening. Firefly says it's not the gasket. My magnets seem to be about on par with your magnets (I will still try to test that, though).

Maybe it's me? (along with Reggie and a few other guys)

I'm gonna feel like a fucking idiot if I wasted this whole thread's time because I can't put a magnetized lid on properly.

LOL nah, people seem pretty helpful here. As long as it's working it'll be all good.

It may just be having to get used to drawing long and slow. It's definitely different but once you get it you'll be happy. Unless something is actually wrong but it's hard to tell without seeing it in action.

Set temp to medium high, medium grind, pack it to top of bowl, tamp it down, make sure lips of lid line up and all is flush, hit buttons wait for solid green light and long slow draws 10+ seconds (I usually do around 15-20 sec draws or till light goes out however long that is).

If you're not getting vapor after that then I can only assume something is up.

Sh4dy15,

colomarijuana

Thanks to the most recent posters! You are totally cock-blocking my VAS for the FF2! My hand was twitching as I avoided my wallet. Now, I'm good. We'll wait and see how this sorts out with the magnets/gaskets.

The quality is so good though man. Will be hard for anyone to beat this vapor quality in a portable anytime soon.

It's not my perfect all-in-one, but I'll continue using it regularly.

Concentrates are unreal in this thing too. To be honest with you, if this was sold as a concentrate only vape, I think I'd still buy it. Very hard to get a smooth concentrate rip without an oil rig or WPA. FF2 gets very close.

jay87

And the plot thickens.

@Reggie Watts If you consistently get better vapor production and airflow when pressing down on the lid than without, that's a pretty good argument that the problem is the lid. I'd keep collecting evidence and use others' experiences to keep trying to convince Firefly to send you a new lid.

Here's to hoping this is one of those small issues that gets worked out in the 2nd batch. Still I'd think this is exactly what their warranty should be used for.

purplenurple24

The quality is so good though man. Will be hard for anyone to beat this vapor quality in a portable anytime soon.

Concentrates are unreal in this thing too. To be honest with you, if this was sold as a concentrate only vape, I think I'd still buy it. Very hard to get a smooth concentrate rip without an oil rig or WPA. FF2 gets very close.
I put some crumble stuff in mine last night (I think they called it sugar wax/hash or something) and I was super impressed. I got some magnificent vapor (after applying pressure to the lid)

jay87

I might start selling "Firefly 2 Lid Fixers!!!" for only 2 low payments of $19.99!!

p5bRYMv.jpg

:cry:

purplenurple24

I might start selling "Firefly 2 Lid Fixers!!!" for only 2 low payments of $19.99!!

p5bRYMv.jpg

:cry:
Put me down for a couple :bang:

Seriously, though, I've got some cash. Let's start a business!

SUPER SERIOUSLY, If I can't get my FF2 to work right tonight, I'm going to send Firefly a picture of my FF2 completely covered in rubber bands and hair ties with the caption; "This is how you get your Firefly 2 to work properly, Right?"

purplenurple24,
Reactions: jay87

jay87

Put me down for a couple :bang:

Seriously, though, I've got some cash. Let's start a business!

SUPER SERIOUSLY, If I can't get my FF2 to work right tonight, I'm going to send Firefly a picture of my FF2 completely covered in rubber bands and hair ties with the caption; "This is how you get your Firefly 2 to work properly."

Just make sure you test same amount, same heating, same technique, and see if only changing pushing down on the lid changes the airflow and vapor production.

If everything else is constant and all you change is pressing on the lid and you consistently get better results that's about as close as you can get to proving the problem is the lid.

Like I said, I'd do this and if I'm certain the problem is the lid I'd keep pestering Firefly about my warranty to hopefully get a new lid.

purplenurple24

Just make sure you test same amount, same heating, same technique, and see if only changing pushing down on the lid changes the airflow and vapor production.

If everything else is constant and all you change is pressing on the lid and you consistently get better results that's about as close as you can get to proving the problem is the lid.

Like I said, I'd do this and if I'm certain the problem is the lid I'd keep pestering Firefly about my warranty to hopefully get a new lid.
This is really all I can think to do. If I continue to have issues, the least they could do is take a look at my entire unit (not that I really want to send the whole thing in.)

purplenurple24,

Morimoto

Agreed, I just whipped out the torch & ceramic nail dab rig and hit it with some concentrates... oh man... tooooo HOT!!! my fucking lungs are screaming! I'll just soak a pad and hit the Fly from now on.

colomarijuana

Agreed, I just whipped out the torch & ceramic nail dab rig and hit it with some concentrates... oh man... tooooo HOT!!! my fucking lungs are screaming! I'll just soak a pad and hit the Fly from now on.

It keeps scaring me. I do a 15-20 second rip and I see this monstrous concentrate cloud thinking I'm going to cough my ass off and it's just tasty and smooth. Wax, live resin, rosin, bubble hash have all been :tup:

Just tried some shatter about 5 mins ago and it was aaaaamazing.

pushpaw

Just chiming in to say that mine also has a tiny (but even) gap all the way around the edge of the gasket, but I have had zero issues with how it functions. Easily better performance than the FF1 every time, and I was pleased with the FF1 so all good here.

I have mis-seated the lid a couple times, but could tell that it was off slightly each time and so re-seated it before using.

I love this thing.

In other news, my Grasshopper is back to me now with a new backend, so the FF2 is no longer going on field trips (with exceptions for actual trips that last a couple days or more, in which case I will bring both.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom