The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
The user manual clearly states to leave the Firefly2 on the charging dock. They are contradicting themselves, I guess. I was under the impression that your quote was correct, but I was quoting Firefly as well...

Don't leave the batteries charging past full, ever. It's a bad practice that will shorten their lifespan, possibly enough for you to notice.

Sh4dy15

Awesome! Will a large Santa Cruz shredder fit in the 6" ya think with all the accessories as well?
So I have the 6" and as you can see that tiny Spacecase storage container JUST fits. If you were going to store a grinder as well I would probably go for the 8" one and you should be good!

Sh4dy15,

Skellyman

So I have the 6" and as you can see that tiny Spacecase storage container JUST fits. If you were going to store a grinder as well I would probably go for the 8" one and you should be good!
Awesome man!, thanks for the quick response!

Skellyman,

TheHoF

Hi, everyone, first post, but I discovered this website when I placed my order for the Firefly 2 and have been getting a lot of great information from this, and other threads. Thanks for all the info this community shares!

I placed my order on April 16th, which I believe puts me solidly in the second round of pre-orders. Since then I've been checking here obsessively for potential clues as to when my unit may be delivered. Has anyone heard any word on when the second round will be fulfilled? Firefly certainly has plenty of time to make good on their promise of late May, but all the talk of being ahead of schedule has got my hopes up.

Mr. Me2

Hi, everyone, first post, but I discovered this website when I placed my order for the Firefly 2 and have been getting a lot of great information from this, and other threads. Thanks for all the info this community shares!

I placed my order on April 16th, which I believe puts me solidly in the second round of pre-orders. Since then I've been checking here obsessively for potential clues as to when my unit may be delivered. Has anyone heard any word on when the second round will be fulfilled? Firefly certainly has plenty of time to make good on their promise of late May, but all the talk of being ahead of schedule has got my hopes up.
Welcom @TheHoF! Loved you on Baywatch!!!;):lol::clap:

Sorry, can't help with your question. Just wanted to welcome you...

Mr. Me2,

Reggie Watts

Could you take a picture of the lid so we can see how it is not flush? I think I might have the same issue.
@Reggie Watts Yeah I would like to see it too just so I know what to look for....think I am in the clear but just curious.

3uSkpHt.jpg

CrwpRrT.jpg

ZcWSypE.jpg

Notice how the bowl end is different from the mouthpiece end.

Last edited:

colomarijuana

3uSkpHt.jpg

CrwpRrT.jpg

ZcWSypE.jpg

Notice how the bowl end is different from the mouthpiece end.

Exactly how mine looked at the bowl end before I got my lid replaced. There was even a good gap down one side of the device too. My lid that works really good now has maybe paper thin gaps between the edge, but nothing like this.

Perhaps with a slightly stronger magnet all of these lids would still function as intended as we've discovered slight pressure to the lid does create proper draw resistance.

Fix the lid, or the magnets. Fine with me!

The stronger magnets on FF1 really seem to create that airtight seal. Even my FF1 gasket is starting to come off and still seals really well.

I honestly cant see a difference, please explain with words.

Hard to tell with some of the shadows, but there is a gap between the gasket and the end of the lid towards the bowl. That gap (at least in my experience) caused an airflow issue which has since been fixed by Firefly.

I could put a dime or penny in-between the gasket and lid edge. Gap was that big.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reggie Watts

:( I got this response:

Based on your photos we're not seeing an issue with your top magnetic lid. The gasket being offset is not a concern. You must carefully place the lid on the unit to get a good seal.

I sincerely hope this helps.

Warm Regards,

Firefly Support
TheFirefly.com

I honestly cant see a difference, please explain with words.

The rubber gasket is firmly pressed against the metal on the mouthpiece end, but there is a 1-2 mm gap on the bowl end. I don't care about that in itself, but the vape performs better when I apply pressure to the lid, as others have reported.

Last edited:

purplenurple24

Exactly how mine looked at the bowl end before I got my lid replaced. There was even a good gap down one side of the device too. My lid that works really good now has maybe paper thin gaps between the edge, but nothing like this.

Perhaps with a slightly stronger magnet all of these lids would still function as intended as we've discovered slight pressure to the lid does create proper draw resistance.

Fix the lid, or the magnets. Fine with me!

The stronger magnets on FF1 really seem to create that airtight seal. Even my FF1 gasket is starting to come off and still seals really well.
I was thinking the same thing about the magnet strength. The gasket wouldn't matter as much if the magnet was stronger. I was getting 2/3x's the vapor production just by putting pressure on my lid last night. I was, honestly, a little disappointed with my FF2 until last night.

Just got an email from Firefly. After telling me that it looked like it needed to be replaced, they changed their mind and told me it's fine. I'm a little frustrated, to say the least, but I asked them if they could give me some advice to make sure the lid is sealed properly.

EDIT:
@Reggie Watts, I got the exact same email. Like I said before, I'm a little frustrated. Especially since they were ready to replace it.

colomarijuana

:( I got this response:

The rubber gasket is firmly pressed against the metal on one end but not the other.

Ugh, sorry man. I'm not sure if they've officially acknowledged any issues with the lid. Probably trying to keep the product launch as positive as possible. Their customer service should be helping you troubleshoot or start the warranty process.
Their marketing/social media team is really on point. I've started most of my conversations on Instagram or Twitter and they've been absolutely great. Might try social media or their direct phone number.

Stoney Baloney

Cannabis Connoisseur
I really hope these issues are solved in the second batch! I'm a little OCD and I would absolutely hate the feeling that I might have a defective device.

Stoney Baloney,

purplenurple24

Wow. Should we even bother replying back, or just buy another lid?
I don't know. They responded pretty quickly when I told them I was frustrated and confused. The explanation was that after having multiple people examine my photos, they decided that there wasn't an issue. Then they sent me a couple videos to examine (which ended up being portions of the 2 vapecritic reviews along with a review by namaste vapes)

I was thinking about buying a replacement lid before this. The problem is; I don't think they have them in stock for purchase right now so we'll have to wait.

I'm a little frustrated/angry right now, but maybe they're right? I guess I have to experiment a little bit more, but I kind of thought putting the lid on properly was a no-brainer. I'm not completely convinced yet.

Reggie Watts

I don't know. They responded pretty quickly when I told them I was frustrated and confused. The explanation was that after having multiple people examine my photos, they decided that there wasn't an issue. Then they sent me a couple videos to examine (which ended up being portions of the 2 vapecritic reviews along with a review by namaste vapes)

I was thinking about buying a replacement lid before this. The problem is; I don't think they have them in stock for purchase right now so we'll have to wait.

I'm a little frustrated/angry right now, but maybe they're right? I guess I have to experiment a little bit more, but I kind of thought putting the lid on properly was a no-brainer. I'm not completely convinced yet.

Just the fact that we have to pinch the vape to make it work right is a problem. That should be obvious. Mine is 100% seated properly. It's not a matter of seating it properly.

Morimoto

I talked to FF and they looked at my lid and we agreed that it's simply a matter of seating the lid correctly and carefully before using, the gap in the gasket is of no concern and after realllllly thinking about it, it is fine in my opinion, the lids that have issues must have weaker magnets or something? It might be the magnets in the lids? My magnets are HELLA strong, they pull razor blades from 4 centimeters away, so when I seat the lid correctly, I get proper suction/airflow every time and excellent vapor. I just needed to pay attention when putting the lid on.

Since I have been adjusting how I put the lid on and paying attention to the lid, I notice the correct draw resistance every time and get very excited cuz here comes the vapor!!!!

These are my own experiences and not intended to be taken as troubleshooting advice, I'm fully satisfied that it was my user error in my opinion.

Last edited:

purplenurple24

Just the fact that we have to pinch the vape to make it work right is a problem. That should be obvious. Mine is 100% seated properly. It's not a matter of seating it properly.
My thoughts exactly. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and play with it some more, but I'm pretty confident that my unit is not working properly. I have been known to jump to conclusions so I'm giving it till tomorrow and then I'll probably call them.:shrug:

purplenurple24,
Reactions: Moe_

Reggie Watts

I talked to FF and they looked at my lid and we agreed that it's simply a matter of seating the lid correctly and carefully before using, the gap in the gasket is of no concern and after realllllly thinking about it, it is fine in my opinion, the lids that have issues must have weaker magnets or something? It might be the magnets in the lids? My magnets are HELLA strong, they pull razor blades from 4 inches away, so when I seat the lid correctly, I get proper suction/airflow every time and excellent vapor. I just need to pay attention when putting the lid on.

Since I have been adjusting how I put the lid on and paying attention to the lid, I notice the correct draw resistance every time and get very excited cuz here comes the vapor!!!!

fully satisfied that it was my user error.

Maybe my lid has a weak magnet. Either way, the FF team shouldn't just blow it off.

colomarijuana

@Reggie Watts @purplenurple24 You guys understand my rage now! I was so pissed that the FF2 wasn't even working as well as my OG Firefly. The lid/right pressure completely changed that for me.

You know the saying about the squeaky wheel. Be squeaky fellas! $40 for a new lid is brutal so I'd say make FF replace. Fixing it ourselves and not pushing them isn't helping future Firefly owners! Let's flush this issue out and help them get it fixed.

Sh4dy15

So out of curiosity I checked mine and I hate to tell you guys it looks the same as yours and I am not having any draw issues as far as I can tell....
SDNlXu3.jpg

You really wouldn't want it RIGHT up against because of how it's supposed to sit.

Possible it's a magnet issue though. Mine is actually pretty difficult to get off.

Sh4dy15,

purplenurple24

@Reggie Watts @purplenurple24 You guys understand my rage now! I was so pissed that the FF2 wasn't even working as well as my OG Firefly. The lid/right pressure completely changed that for me.

You know the saying about the squeaky wheel. Be squeaky fellas! $40 for a new lid is brutal so I'd say make FF replace. Fixing it ourselves and not pushing them isn't helping future Firefly owners! Let's flush this issue out and help them get it fixed.
Just out of curiosity; Did Firefly give you a similar runaround?

purplenurple24,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom