The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems to imply directly that the FF has always responded to draw speed with heat variances, and that the PT feature just raises or lowers the existing heat profile for more fine-tuning. I don't think the basic functionality of the heat cycle has been altered for this new PT feature...we just have a lot more heat profiles to choose from now.

I'll see if I can get some confirmation on this...be nice to know for sure.

That would be awesome to get some confirmation! Like I mentioned, if it were simply allowing you to adjust temperatures then why wouldn't they just let you select your temps (ala mighty/crafty)? For this reason and they ominous way in which they worded the email, it makes me think there is something more to it...

doomsdalicious,

b0

Cloudy...
Hi guys! So another update on my case. The second battery arrived to UK yesterday it seems, but I'm not coming back until next tuesday so not sure if it's gonna be a new one or my old number 2. Still no refund, they told me I should receive it soon but didn't explain anything else. Will send them another email today asking and see if they answer back.

So far it seems like my unit is working much better, the battery gives me between 25 and 30 long good draws and can keep the charge at least for 3 days (haven't tried longer) and that was my main issue before. I'm testing the latest update now (was using 1.8 during the test, haven't tried 1.9 properly yet cause I'm testing my new Milaana lately) to see if it helps with battery life, but I'm enjoying this vape much more than before, at least now I can charge and use it next day and the temperature range it has right now is amazing too!

To be honest I don't think there is any other convection vape like this. Glass path, on demand, swapable battery, huge range of temps, cool vapor and that flavor...

It's a shame how annoyingly slow the CS service is, because IMHO they have a really good product.

kcmochris

Will send them another email today asking and see if they answer back.

Be advised: they're only open Mon-Fri.

Totally agree about the annoying pace of the CS service. With that being said, this thing is a champ. Nothing (so far) has rivaled it in the taste department for me, and I find using it be relaxing when I have the time to sit back and partake. This is usually the case, but when I wanna get a quick low-temp hit or few in before stepping out in the daytime I found--pre-update--that it would often times test my patience. That's me being anxious and the old necessity for me to pull usually until it auto-shuts-off. Also, as someone mentioned it's difficult to hit this thing (read: damn near holding your breath for 30 secs) while walking. Not the case with the new update--I'm getting great, tasty, full pulls by the 10-15 sec mark (need be, as I still enjoy the LSD technique). But, going back to why I love the FF2 so much during a session (or split-up sessions)--it helps me slow down from the craziness of the city and really appreciate the flowers. When I have pain or need to sleep this thing medicates me just right.

Does anyone else think the FF2 works better after the update even if you don't enable power tuning? I wonder if they upgraded the standard heating profile algorithms a bit...

Hi guys! So another update on my case. The second battery arrived to UK yesterday it seems, but I'm not coming back until next tuesday so not sure if it's gonna be a new one or my old number 2. Still no refund, they told me I should receive it soon but didn't explain anything else. Will send them another email today asking and see if they answer back.

So far it seems like my unit is working much better, the battery gives me between 25 and 30 long good draws and can keep the charge at least for 3 days (haven't tried longer) and that was my main issue before. I'm testing the latest update now (was using 1.8 during the test, haven't tried 1.9 properly yet cause I'm testing my new Milaana lately) to see if it helps with battery life, but I'm enjoying this vape much more than before, at least now I can charge and use it next day and the temperature range it has right now is amazing too!

To be honest I don't think there is any other convection vape like this. Glass path, on demand, swapable battery, huge range of temps, cool vapor and that flavor...

It's a shame how annoyingly slow the CS service is, because IMHO they have a really good product.

I agree. If epic stealth or using it through a water device are absolutely necessary, I'll use my Grasshopper. For everything else, it's the FF2. I wouldn't even knock it on the stealth if you didn't have to stir (always have to keep a toothpick around, etc). Once they make a proper OEM water piper adapter mouthpiece with a whip, boom goes the dynamite!

Last edited by a moderator:

kcmochris

Does anyone else think the FF2 works better after the update even if you don't enable power tuning? I wonder if they upgraded the standard heating profile algorithms a bit...

Curious about this as well. I will say, something about that medium algorithm (personal fav.) that still seems kinda consistent with and without PT...

jim-bob

I feel like something has definitely changed with the default tuning. If I set it medium high, 0% modifier in either direction, and take a slow 30s draw from cold like I always have, I'm finding black specks where I never did before. Haven't tried tuning down or trying to alter my draw yet but it feels like the unit is responding differently to the same inputs it's been seeing since early May.

kcmochris

^ same. My gf and anyone else I've passed it to. Less work is the sentiment as well.

I'm getting black specs too on med-high and high with PT (albeit all the way up). Like @turk said, had to alter the draw. When I have it all the way up (111%, High), I've found with my regular draw speed that a 15 sec. cut-off is ideal for not charring or creating black specs. Those I'm getting when I pull like we use to on the default level -- 30 sec, LSD.

It's great for me now, esp. when the FF2 is in intermittent use for the entirety of a day. Sometimes the 30 sec. hits feel a bit much by the end of one of those days. Again, this is when it has been by my side or in rotation, and in use for most of the day. Other than that the long, slow sips are very relaxing for me. This device is clutch to refer to when I'm looking for that vibe.

sixstringsmash

So everyone's talking about how awesome the new update is and how great their firefly 2 is hitting now but I haven't heard any mention about the BEST thing about this update. When you go to the power tuning page on the firefly app and you bring it to 111% a button at the bottom appears that says tap and if you click this it brings you to this link. The firefly 2 truly now goes to 11.

twigs

Pay no mind to those voices in my head
Happy FF1 user here. I've been following this thread for some time and after seeing all the glowing reports following the recent app update am ready to graduate. :)
Just sold $215 worth of unused electronics at a garage sale so I'm almost there. One question: can the FF2 batteries be used in the FF1? TIA.

ElPic

Take my money
Is the original Firefly 1 external charger is a good choice for charging the batteries of the Firefly 2 or can he damage them over Time ?
Does it charge faster then the unit itself ?

ElPic

Take my money
Ok, thanks!
They are exactly the same?!! Hope they will stay healty longer... In my first Firefly Batterie never last over 8month!

sixstringsmash

its the same batteries. it works fine.

Quick follow up question. Since I can't seem to find the external charger anywhere online what I'm doing right now is using my original firefly which has been collecting dust as an external charger for my extra batteries and I'm finding that this is actually working really well and now I might not even need an external charger. Since the batteries are the same I assume it's also safe to then charge a ff2 battery in a ff1?

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Is the original Firefly 1 external charger is a good choice for charging the batteries of the Firefly 2 or can he damage them over Time ?
Does it charge faster then the unit itself ?
its the same batteries. it works fine.
Yep, same batteries. Much faster than using the cradle.
Ok, thanks!
They are exactly the same?!! Hope they will stay healty longer... In my first Firefly Batterie never last over 8month!
They are exactly the same, but the 2 batts have a little tab that makes them easier to remove. Otherwise they are identical.
Happy FF1 user here. I've been following this thread for some time and after seeing all the glowing reports following the recent app update am ready to graduate. :)
Just sold $215 worth of unused electronics at a garage sale so I'm almost there. One question: can the FF2 batteries be used in the FF1? TIA.
Yep, see above. Same batteries. They fit fine in the 1 and are easier to remove.
Quick follow up question. Since I can't seem to find the external charger anywhere online what I'm doing right now is using my original firefly which has been collecting dust as an external charger for my extra batteries and I'm finding that this is actually working really well and now I might not even need an external charger. Since the batteries are the same I assume it's also safe to then charge a ff2 battery in a ff1?
Yes, see above....same batteries! They charge and work fine in the 1.

Lot of battery business today. :lol:

To_thy_cloud

I just don't think it will work, I know it might
Huge issues with the Firefly 2 battery. The battery life is worse than the Crafty. I left the battery in an external charger overnight. Does anyone know if this ruined the life of my battery ?

To_thy_cloud,

kcmochris

@To_thy_cloud I habitually leave my battery in the external charger overnight. Not often, but I do have to out of necessity from time to time. Not a huge issue on my end. Meaning, batteries performed well and as normal. When I didn't have an FF1 external charger, and could only use the unit on the dock, I felt like my batteries were acting "funny." Once I got the external it was on like Donkey Kong.

Explain more....Is it reading as solid blue on the charger? In the unit, is blinking red, not blinking at all? With some more details, we can probably help you feel confident whether or not its the battery...

I noticed you wrote "an external charger." Was this a Firefly product, or another brand of charger?

kcmochris,

To_thy_cloud

@To_thy_cloud I habitually leave my battery in the external charger overnight. Not often, but I do have to out of necessity from time to time. Not a huge issue on my end.

Explain more....Is it reading as solid blue on the charger? In the unit, is blinking red, not blinking at all? With some more details, we can probably help you feel confident whether or not its the battery...

Solid blue when I take out the battery. So it is a charged battery. I'm filling up the Firefly 2 to the brim. I can go through about 2 fill ups and then the thing starts blinking red =( Was a total buzzkill when it died at a concert I brought it to last week.

To_thy_cloud,

kcmochris

How many hits per fill up?

Not sure if you saw this question, as I edited the post immediately before you responded....

"I noticed you wrote "an external charger." Was this a Firefly product, or another brand of charger?"

kcmochris,

HighClouds

Hello everyone, I just joined the forum after having lurked a couple of times. I currently own a Crafty and the FF2, both of which have had issues which have been resolved; and I figured I need to share with you all - I'll post the Crafty issue on the Crafty forum.

I got the FF2 about two weeks ago, and after the first few good days, it began to get less and less effective, needed charging more and more often, and finally the battery just died. The green light would come for about 2 seconds and switch off, in spite of a full charge. I tried the spare battery and it seemed to work ok, but I was uneasy about the battery dying so quickly.

I filled in the online form and waited for days to get a response beyond the automated one. So, with mild frustration, I called them and was actually pleased at the way the gentleman handled it. Firstly he was honest and said that since these units are new a couple of not-so-perfect ones may have slipped through the cracks, but more importantly, its better to call them because they're so flooded with emails and requests online. So, word to the wise, if you're thinking about getting support, call them.

Then he told me about the firmware update you guys have been discussing, and which I did not know about. I couldn't see how that would fix anything, but he suggested I try upgrading while he waited on the phone. The upgrade itself was very painless and quick, and lo and behold, the old battery worked just fine!

After I hung up, I filled up and tried it out, and everything was better. The draws were just as stiff, but the clouds were the best since I got it new, as were the effects. I have no idea why a firmware fix would do this, but in my case, this seems to be the resolution - for now anyway.

HC

To_thy_cloud

How many hits per fill up?

Not sure if you saw this question, as I edited the post immediately before you responded....

"I noticed you wrote "an external charger." Was this a Firefly product, or another brand of charger?"
It's the external charger for the Firefly. I would say I am getting about 8-10 hits per fill up. I noticed the flavor is just amazing and the longer pulls I take the more consistent the unit is.

To_thy_cloud,

BlackDog

I agree with everyone else, I got mine and I was really underwhelmed. No one I showed was impressed either, but after that update I would say it performs somewhat close to my Cloud Evo. Getting good clouds and battery. Before the update it just felt like it wasn't even producing any decent vapor.

To_thy_cloud

I agree with everyone else, I got mine and I was really underwhelmed. No one I showed was impressed either, but after that update I would say it performs somewhat close to my Cloud Evo. Getting good clouds and battery. Before the update it just felt like it wasn't even producing any decent vapor.
Wait did you send it in ? Or did you just update the app ? I wasn't even aware there was an update for the app yet.

To_thy_cloud,

HighClouds

Neither was I when I had my problem. I assumed they would either send me a new battery or ask me to send it in. I only found out about the update when I called them, and since the update fixed my issues, I don't need to send it in.

HC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom