The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

snamuh

ghost
I keep refreshing my tracking...

Its in Nevada... I'm in New England...

I'm really wanting a supplier of cbd flower or concentrate and I feel like this beastly machine will be the end all for my medicinal needs.

Cwbotanicals tincture every morning and night with cbd vaping during the day would be great!

Vapenado

..you can put your weed in it
Just received a phone call from fedex...they want $$ for import, duty, etc.

Last edited:
Vapenado,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I dislike when FC threads turn into shipping anxiety fests...

What do you guys think any FC reader or prospective FF2 buyer would benefit from reading several pages worth of that? We don't care where your parcel is or when you speculate it will arrive, it does not provide any meaningful info. :shrug: :worms:

snamuh

ghost

What do you guys think any FC reader or prospective FF2 buyer would benefit from reading several pages worth of that? We don't care where your parcel is or when you speculate it will arrive, it does not provide any meaningful info. :shrug: :worms:
I'm sure its temporary... Its not going to be a slow multi year release...

Gandalf

These are the very first Firefly 2 units being shipped out to customers, of course people are going to share their excitement about getting an awesome new vaporizer. Every single other vaporizer thread has posts along the lines of "Just ordered X, so excited to get it...." You're just seeing them all at one time now because of the batch release.

What surprises me is the fact that there is any discontent at all regarding the way Firefly has handled pre-orders. In my opinion, they've done an A+ job not only with communication, but in getting out the initial batches before estimated delivery dates! This is a textbook example of excellent business strategy (under-promising, over-delivering) and other vape companies should take note.

Now I want to start seeing more reviews!

Vapenado

Go visit another thread then while we get it off our chests. Thanks for the support...DICK...son!

These are the very first Firefly 2 units being shipped out to customers, of course people are going to share their excitement about getting an awesome new vaporizer. Every single other vaporizer thread has posts along the lines of "Just ordered X, so excited to get it...." You're just seeing them all at one time now because of the batch release.

What surprises me is the fact that there is any discontent at all regarding the way Firefly has handled pre-orders. In my opinion, they've done an A+ job not only with communication, but in getting out the initial batches before estimated delivery dates! This is a textbook example of excellent business strategy (under-promising, over-delivering) and other vape companies should take note.

Now I want to start seeing more reviews!
I've been over the moon of how FF has dealt with everything...literally, everything! This, I'm sure, is a slight bump in the road that really has nothing to do with firefly. It's a fedex thing and when I called them back and spoke with someone...they said it's something new they're doing...courtesy call..to advise there MAY be additional charges. I didn't have any when I received my herbalizer so I really can't see there being any here...but we'll see. You know what they say tho...opinions are like....blah blah..

mod note: You agreed to abide by our rules but it appears from your frequent back to back posts, and violation of the be nice rule in this post, that you haven't even read them. I suggest a review and observance of them in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vapenado,

Robob

Veteran Vaporist
Pros:

- Much lighter than FF1
- More compact/concealable
- No more bowl screen to lose or have to clean
- Lid no longer has slits to clog up and reduce airflow
- Increased airflow over FF/Solo
- App lets you quickly see battery status and change temp as needed
- Battery life is about 3/4 to 1 bowl more than original FF depending on temp/use (YMMW)
- Much easier to clean than original FF
- Lid/Mouthpiece/battery cover easily replaced if broken/lost

Cons:

- No swag bag included to carry it
- Battery door feels flimsy and easily is popped off when positioning lid
- Lid seems like it may be more fragile than FF lid being solid glass.
- Overall construction is good quality but doesn't have that "solid" feel of original
- Heat is more of an issue than FF1 due to not having as much heatsink material (not enough to stop use)

Thoughts:

So after two break in bowls (slight weird plastic/glue taste) I loaded up some high test material to see what it could do and was blown and coughed away by the performance of the FF2, the airflow being the most improved make it possible to milk huge clouds or take quick sips due to the on demand nature of the heat.

Portability has improved just by the ease of loading and using the device on top of the ease of cleaning or diagnosing why your not getting any clouds. I myself seem to use Med-Hi and High the most (have no concentrates to try..yet), I almost wish they would let you dial in the temp down to the degree but I understand its more of a temp range the unit is attempting to maintain than an exact temp.

Quick tip: if your mouthpiece is clogged no need to pop it out and risk wearing down the joint just pull of the lid first and blow it back out to continue use on the go until you can brush it out later.

The only snafu I encountered was the battery that shipped in the unit came separated when I removed it from the FF2 very first time. No BS, the two "halfs" of the battery itself separated and it seemed like they were never glued or however they secure them from the factory, so after a quick call to FF they had overnighted me another battery ASAP no questions.

In the future I hope to have the software upgraded to be able to use button tap sequences to lower/raise temp or maybe even a double tap to activate since it can activate by accident sometimes if your just holding it or have it in your pocket and the two contacts are touched.

I will add things as they come up but so far I am pleased with the purchase and am even considering cancelling my GH pre-order since they keep pushing it back every month and I have instant vapor in my hands now so why wait.

Last edited:

Robob

Veteran Vaporist
I have not had any material collect in the holes that i can see, nor have i had any reduced air flow after approx 15-20 bowls through the unit.

I don't see it being a problem if it were to ever collect in there i would just heat up the unit and draw on it with nothing in there to try and dislodge

Last edited:

Robob

Veteran Vaporist
I thought this as well but my only guess was the glue they used to secure the glass to the lid baked off some solvents when heated up or wasn't cured all the way. I can tell you the unit pulls air only from the inlets at the front and nothing internally for air flow.

It only lasted 1.5 bowls or so and nothing after that, Could be some type of prep solvent used to prepare the surface for glue as well.

Either way it was only slight and I didn't really notice myself, the GF mentioned it first and she has much more sensitive taste/smell lol

rushncrush

heres an update on my fugazi ass preorder.. I contacted FF and told them its BS I put in a preorder a full 3 week ahead of people only to get my shit late.. So I wanted a refund.. now their giving me YET ANOTHER CIRCLE JERK

rushncrush,

Rantor49

Man, isn't it great that there's a phrase to sum up "I don't care about your problem and want you to feel bad for having it"?

Yeah, some relaxation is key, though as an as yet unshipped red unit preorder from March 1st, I definitely share in some of this frustration. It does just seem obvious that getting the first unit available was more important to me as a day 1 (public) preorder than the color of the unit. If I knew I could have paid the same amount for my unit a full three weeks later than I actually ponied up, and receive my unit _sooner_ that's what I would have done.

Seemed pretty clear to me that he had messed up his language there and meant they ordered after him. You know, based on the above context of Mar 21 orders shipping.

I assume you did not order and did not want a black cover unit. Otherwise you would already have a shipping confirmation email. So it does sound like the color was more important than getting the first unit available. Unless you contacted firefly, said that you would take black and they still didn't ship. If that is the case you have a valid gripe. If you wanted a red unit and they don't have red yet, then not so much.
I'm very impressed with fireflys communications and customer service and can't wait to try it out on Monday! I am shocked to be getting it almost a month early! And yes, I changed my color from blue to black, just to get it early. I'm sure all colors will be shipping soon!

heres an update on my fugazi ass preorder.. I contacted FF and told them its BS I put in a preorder a full 3 week ahead of people only to get my shit late.. So I wanted a refund.. now their giving me YET ANOTHER CIRCLE JERK

Let me guess, you don't want a black covered firefly2?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rantor49,
Reactions: snamuh

rushncrush

These clowns are really trying to fight me for a refund are you fucking serious? do these bozos know how shipping in the USA works? I'm going to write refused with the biggest fucking black marker i can find. I will be getting a refund..

Good luck to who ever has theirs and plans on keeping it.. I wouldnt ever wanna send a warranty claim to these people

mod note: From the rules page-
Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.

Last edited:
rushncrush,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Cons:

- Battery door feels flimsy and easily is popped off when positioning lid.

Make sure you seat it correctly. It has very little tolerance, and if you snap it in decisively, it'll stay in quite securely....but it's easy to *not* snap it in correctly. (Unless you have a faulty cover, in which case, ignore me. ;))

- Heat is more of an issue than FF1 due to not having as much heatsink material (not enough to stop use)

Here I think you lost me. Are you saying the unit itself gets hotter than your FF1? Because it definitely should not, and neither FF2 I've used gets anywhere near as hot as FF1 does. (But maybe I'm misreading you.)
- Overall construction is good quality but doesn't have that "solid" feel of original

I know what you mean, but this is more of a "weight/heft" issue rather than construction quality. It doesn't have that hefty feel of the 1, and that seems to inform a perception about the construction that I don't think is really true. (But again, I know what you mean.)

In the future I hope to have the software upgraded to be able to use button tap sequences to lower/raise temp or maybe even a double tap to activate since it can activate by accident sometimes if your just holding it or have it in your pocket and the two contacts are touched.

As discussed many times now, this isn't going to happen. (I have it directly from the design folks...there are no plans to do this, for a variety of reasons discussed earlier in the thread.) I'm betting this is high on the FF3 list though. :p

Awesome review!
Do you see a need to ever have to clean the laser drilled holes and will that be something easily done?

Those holes do not clog. 100 days with the prototype and no clogging whatsoever.

Thanks for the review. Any idea where this might come from? Aren't there only inert materials in the air intake and vapor paths?

I haven't noticed this in my new FF2 at all. No burn in, several bowls, nothing but natural weed flavor. :)

Thanks for your lengthy review Rob. Great to get your perspective. Looking forward to more folks taking the time to be so thoughtful.

Last edited:

Maple Beaver

Vape convert and herb snob in the making
Yes, I'm really curious to see what those import fees amount to. I ordered from the Firefly website before I learned that VapeWorld had them :doh: Might mean I'll get it sooner tho?

Either way, very happy to see Fireflies glowing in the wild! This is really happening! Hopefully mine gets here in time for my good friend's weekend-long cottage b-day bash in late May. Fingers crossed! I'm in the blue boat and WILL stay the course ;)

Last edited:
Maple Beaver,

Morimoto

@Vapenado I'm in Canada too and I have been very concerned about duties/tax, I'm 100% happy to pay 13% Ontario HST, I'm also ok paying like...$50 brokerage fee... but anything above 60+50 is nuts (13%HST+brokerage fee/import fee). Did you ask them approximately how much the fees would be? I reallllllly hope it's not over 100-150 in duties.... I can't handle that.

VapeKat

I thought this as well but my only guess was the glue they used to secure the glass to the lid baked off some solvents when heated up or wasn't cured all the way. I can tell you the unit pulls air only from the inlets at the front and nothing internally for air flow.

It only lasted 1.5 bowls or so and nothing after that, Could be some type of prep solvent used to prepare the surface for glue as well.

Either way it was only slight and I didn't really notice myself, the GF mentioned it first and she has much more sensitive taste/smell lol

IMHO, perhaps it is from your miss glued battery that gave you that taste you speak of, I have not heard a single mention of this before, and your battery is the first I've heard of this happening with the FF2.

VapeKat,

jay87

This vape seems like it's perfect for flowers but i'm a little skeptical on how it would perform with concentrates. I'd be very interested to see a demo of their concentrate pads and some information on those.

snamuh

ghost
concentrate use at 4:04 minutes
This vape seems like it's perfect for flowers but i'm a little skeptical on how it would perform with concentrates. I'd be very interested to see a demo of their concentrate pads and some information on those.

Mr. Me2

I pulled the trigger on a bit of an impulse preorder on March 31 and was very surprised to see a shipping email yesterday! The FF2 is on the way set to arrive Thursday! I just got a Grasshopper, so it will be interesting being able to compare the two. I'm trying to convince myself that I don't have VAS and that I have been waiting for the best units out there. Hopefully I prove myself right. :lol:

I think I'll be all set now though. The EVO for home, the GH for stealth/on the go, and the FF2 for around the house or in situations where less stealth is required! Life is good! To be honest, I haven't been reading this thread much because I didn't think I'd get it this early. Time to catch up!
I can't wait for your ff2 v. gh review!!!

Vapenado

Ouch! You live in Canada? Hope they don't charge much!
Did some research...should be ok. I received my herbalizer via FedEx and there were no import charges. Vaporizers are exempt from from import duty. If CBSA wants to stick it to me...they could charge a max 13% HST (harmonized sales tax), which would amount to about 20$. It all depends what FF listed as the value for the vape on the shipment. I'm OK with 20 bucks tho.

But I know this topic is a bore to some so just lookin ahead now to my 4/29 delivery date. It's all good and I'm pumped I'm getting it a month early. Can't wait to compare it to my herbie and p2.

Vapenado,
Reactions: Rantor49
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom