The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf

Basically it's packed now like I would my old man bowl (or gandalf if you want to call it that).

Hey, Gandalf was the name of MY first bowl haha (and also the meaning of my username here). Really appreciate all the updates! Loose packs are typically the way to go with convection vaporizers, you get much more even extraction that way and bigger hits. Looking forward to hearing more of your FF2 impressions.

vape4fun

The Pax ruined us all. Jamming it in there super tight now we have to go back to the olden days of smoking where you take a nug rub in between fingers breaking it up, place in bowl and instead of lighter we push a button and slowly slowly let it fill our lungs and bammmmm!

The Pax ruined us all. Jamming it in there super tight now we have to go back to the olden days of smoking where you take a nug rub in between fingers breaking it up, place in bowl and instead of lighter we push a button and slowly slowly let it fill our lungs and bammmmm!

I'm loving it. It's what I dreamed of all those years ago (even bought into that SoloPipe thing and ended up rarely using it). Going out to eat now and share with other vape owning old folks to see what they think compared to the pax, crafty, and grasshopper and see if they want ones of their own (I'm really just going to show off).

Hey, Gandalf was the name of MY first bowl haha (and also the meaning of my username here). Really appreciate all the updates! Loose packs are typically the way to go with convection vaporizers, you get much more even extraction that way and bigger hits. Looking forward to hearing more of your FF2 impressions.
I'm not creative enough to name my own pipes but someone told me that it made me look like Gandalf so it stuck. I just call it my old man pipe.

stonesolid42,
Reactions: doubledown

Morimoto

Thanks for the updates @stonesolid42 !! It's gotta feel amazing to know you have captured the 1st wild FireFly2, Let us know the reactions on unsuspecting vapers who didn't even know it existed.

Morimoto,
The reactions were great.

Everyone raved about the flavor but the best was everyone's first time holding it. "How do you turn it on?" Someone would tell them to just touch the sides of it. "And how long do I have to wait?" I already explained about the solid green light (though it was hard to see in the daylight). "Oh, so I just hit the button and it's ready?" was everyone's general reaction to the near instant heating.

A single bowl lasted long enough for three people to hit it a few times and rave about the flavor each hit. They had all just left work and had finished eating when I got there so they went home after the first bowl but with plans to grab their best dry herbs and head over later so we can all get the best taste out of everything.

Not sure if they are completely sold on buying their own yet though if the battery lasts longer than the Crafty I think I know one that might end up replaced. He said he can smoke 2 bowls out of his though and I'm up to 4 now I think and I removed it from the charger when it said above 75% battery and it still says 75% from Firefly LED lights and full on the cell app so I think the Firefly 2 has the Crafty beat there.

The driver didn't smoke if anyone cares but he did think the Firefly was super interesting.

One thing to note I didn't ever stir the bowl but I think it would have helped a lot. I had it on the medium-high setting for the first couple hits and then stepped it up to High after the first two rounds. When I opened it up later there were still a lot of visible trichomes still on the herb closer to the vapor path and then the very inside was close to black. Will take note and take something to give it a little stab next time (I did bump the outside with my knuckles each round to move it around but it obviously didn't work that well). I also may have packed it too tight.

Another thing to say is I love that the buttons are actually touch sensitive and not pressure sensitive (meaning if I put my shirt between my fingers and the buttons it won't activate). It made me a lot more confident to carry it around in my pocket without it heating up at all.

Can't wait to taste a variety of herbs because it definitely brings out the best flavor in everything.

vape4fun

That's awesome and yeah sounds like you're still packing a bit tight bc "smacking against your palm" should be all the stirring that's necessary. I can picture all you guys in a grownup tree house hanging out with all your best herbs passing around the FF.

Still waiting for my confirmation email. 10:45 AM EST March 1 order white....

vape4fun,
Reactions: snamuh

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
One thing to note I didn't ever stir the bowl but I think it would have helped a lot. I had it on the medium-high setting for the first couple hits and then stepped it up to High after the first two rounds. When I opened it up later there were still a lot of visible trichomes still on the herb closer to the vapor path and then the very inside was close to black. Will take note and take something to give it a little stab next time (I did bump the outside with my knuckles each round to move it around but it obviously didn't work that well). I also may have packed it too tight..

You have to stir with a convection vape like the FF, especially if you pack it tight. I tend to stir every third hit.

Also, one person kept asking if the Firefly app tracks use by time (like the Crafty one). I don't see it in info so does anyone know is that a thing?

stonesolid42,

vape4fun

fireflyvaporThese fierce vapes are on their way to you guys!
Some fun social media giveaways coming up your way: We will be giving away cool gear for your #Firefly2.
be sure to hashtag #ilovemyfirefly when you get it, and take photos!
The first one to do so will get some goodies for sure!!!

vape4fun,

mitchgo61

Also, one person kept asking if the Firefly app tracks use by time (like the Crafty one). I don't see it in info so does anyone know is that a thing?

The app doesn't currently track usage, or anything really. Just gives you button config and temp control, and battery level data.

Last edited:

Robob

Veteran Vaporist
Ive had a few sessions of ol' red as i call her and its a big improvement over original FF, I will write up a lil review for you guys once i get back from work.
Im a lil sad the FF2 doesn't come with a nifty lil pouch to carry it in, will have to snag the FF1 pouch

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
Ive had a few sessions of ol' red as i call her and its a big improvement over original FF, I will write up a lil review for you guys once i get back from work

Can't wait to read reviews and watch videos of users here. Plan to buy this vape as soon as it's available in @VapeFiend.com

b0,

mitchgo61

The eagle (or Firefly, I should say) has most definitely landed. Time for a test flight. :nod:

2e1vf6h.jpg

jazzbass

Just got a shipment confirmation. I ordered on March 18. Yesterday I switched from blue to black so as to get it sooner. My confirmation says blue---we'll see. Should be here on Tuesday. Things seem quite professional with these guys.

snamuh

ghost
Just got a shipment confirmation. I ordered on March 18. Yesterday I switched from blue to black so as to get it sooner. My confirmation says blue---we'll see. Should be here on Tuesday. Things seem quite professional with these guys.
Nice I ordered march 25th.. Hoping to get it before may 5th

purplenurple24

edit:
Yep. That did it. The taste is so much better now than the PAX ever was. Not sure how thick the vapor is cause I haven't exhaled. I'll see on my next draw I guess. :p

I love that you edited and re-posted while holding your hit. I'm new here (and still considering when I will purchase a FF2) but I really appreciate your dedication to keeping us updated every step of the way.

You the hero today, Buddy!

BuzzDanklin

Super excited to see all these Fireflies in peoples hands!

@stonesolid42 I still like to use my Santa Cruz Shredder, but but I just lightly push it into the bowl, I dont pack it down.

@Robob I also miss the little fabric case from the original Firefly!

No one has mentioned it much yet, but how about that improved battery life. That was huge for me.

12912652_1593385524308352_45493943_n.jpg

12950342_1711614069092199_1556576619_n.jpg

mitchgo61

OK my initial test drive is complete.

I was able to connect the new FF to the app immediately....one cool thing about the app is it allows you to connect multiple devices, so the FF2 prototype is still listed but it recognized the new FF right away. I changed the activation to "both buttons" since it defaults to "either" and was ready to roll. I used exactly .12 g's of my all-time favorite strain (The Big, don't get me started....:lol:), mostly un-ground, just small chunks of bud. I packed it fairly tight and it filled the bowl fairly completely.

I started on Med/High and stirred every three hits. I got great vapor right away....the lights flashed four times and the device was ready. I moved up to High around hit #20...and that's where the hits started to fade. I slapped the concentrate pad on top of the bowl at hit 24, and got another 6 large-ish hits to take me to about 30 hits. For .12 g's, that is pretty damned good, especially considering over 20 of those were quite large.

The improvements over the FF1 are stark: great vapor right away, consistent performance, really easy use (almost no learning curve), lighter, smaller, no damn screen to worry about!, gets way less hot at its hottest, cleaner, simpler, temp control....you get the picture. (As with the prototype, flavor is equal to the FF1, but again, a tad less cool than the FF1...this might be my only negative vs. the 1.)

As for differences from the prototype version, there are a few worth noting, beyond the obvious fit/finish issues:

• Draw is less restricted. It's still a bit restricted but way less than the prototype, most definitely "airier" without sacrificing vapor quality.
  • Mouthpiece is more stable.
  • It seems to reach and retain target heat better. The prototype would require another "wait" time cycle on the second hit...the production model hits the temp after the first hit and unless you put it down for ten minutes you can pick it up and have instant target heat. Very nice!
  • The bowl seems to have a redesign...the bottom edge has almost no gap, so debris can't really get under it. (Man I love the screenless bowl...such a huge improvement.)
Overall, as impressive as I'd hoped the final version would be, at least in my initial use. I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks.

Vapenado

..you can put your weed in it
Ordered March 21 - black. Got my shipping confirmation!
Same here...except fedex doesn't have my tracking info in their system yet but wayyyy ahead of schedule. Am super excited to be receiving probably a month early...

Vapenado,
Reactions: Ratklaw
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom