The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Tomorrow I'll do a couple shots of the sweet bug but heading to bed! Hopefully I can get this app shit figured out. Microsoft surface won't download it either. That's ok though. I'm good with the preset temp for now. A little frustrating that the newest vape has an app too new for my shit!

Reggie Watts

Why do you think so? Hopper has more precise temps and is totally self contained, plus smaller (and smaller spare batteries) and doesn't look exactly like a pot-smoking device, and yeah is $130 cheaper or more. I expect the FF2 to win on flavor and heat build up, but $130 better? Seem tied in bowls/battery. I want the FF2 to be dramatically better in some respect, looking forward to some head-to-head comparisons.

I don't really put much weight in the stealth category, tbh. Vape quality is most important. To be fair, I have not tried the GH, but I don't imagine it matching up with the FF2, the successor to the best-tasting vape of all time, very well.

Gandalf

I have a GH and hopefully will be receiving a blue Firefly soon. Cannot wait to compare the performance between the 2.

I suspect that the GH will be better for mobile use, when I'm out walking around the city and just want to take a quick hit here and there. But I think the FF2 will have it beat in terms of overall performance - vapor taste, quality, temperature, smoothness, etc. I want the FF2 to be the ultimate portable home vape that I can walk around with or just sit on the couch and chill with while watching a movie.

We shall see! I'll post a comparison between both on-demand portable convection champs once the Firefly arrives.

Last edited:

jay87

Sigh... Now I'm just another firefly 2 purchaser eagerly awaiting delivery :|

I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend that much. I learned more about the vape. I kinda wanted it. And then I ended up in the final stages of:

eBE21mm.jpg

purplenurple24

I feel your pain (mostly.)
The only reason I haven't ordered mine yet is because I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to pay tax. That and I have a fairly new Crafty, which wasn't cheap either.

purplenurple24,

Eyedunno

BTW y'all, I ordered in mid to late March, and I just noticed I got an shipping notification on Friday. I guess it's because I ordered black that they shipped it so early.

Eyedunno,
Reactions: Rantor49

Morimoto

k, incoming canadian customs post, so if you don't like it, too bad!

after hours of reading/researching I have come to this conclusion: FedEx GROUND has no customs clearance included, FedEx Express DOES but in the end costs the same, all information pulled directly from FedEx's website, fully updated

Cost on thefirefly.com is 329.95 USD

After currency conversion FF2 costs 455.47 CAD (.72 rate)

so total cost via FedEx Express is 455.47 x 1.13 HST +45 shipping +10 ROD fee = 569.68

Total cost via FedEx Ground is 455.47 x 1.13 HST + free shipping + 45.35 clearance fee + $10 Disbursement fee = 570.03

Buying from 3rd party within canada = $520 (no official word on when it's available)

TL;DR no matter which way you slice it, the FireFly 2 WILL cost you over $500 to get in Canada

I also fully expect the FedEx driver to say "ok so you owe us 114.56, credit card?"

I'm happier now knowing the exact amount they will nail me with at the door. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Morimoto,
Reactions: Vapenado

PeteSeattle

Sigh... Now I'm just another firefly 2 purchaser eagerly awaiting delivery :|

I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend that much. I learned more about the vape. I kinda wanted it. And then I ended up in the final stages of:

Same here. It was my birthday. Didn't get anything I wanted so I justified it as a gift for me. I figured it may arrive before my GH (whenever that happens).

Thanks for the previous review from you fine friends. I can't wait to compare my experience with you all.

Stay lifted my friends :leaf:

Vapenado

..you can put your weed in it
k, incoming canadian customs post, so if you don't like it, too bad!

after hours of reading/researching I have come to this conclusion: FedEx GROUND has no customs clearance included, FedEx Express DOES but in the end costs the same, all information pulled directly from FedEx's website, fully updated

Cost on thefirefly.com is 329.95 USD

After currency conversion FF2 costs 455.47 CAD (.72 rate)

so total cost via FedEx Express is 455.47 x 1.13 HST +45 shipping +10 ROD fee = 569.68

Total cost via FedEx Ground is 455.47 x 1.13 HST + free shipping + 45.35 clearance fee + $10 Disbursement fee = 570.03

Buying from 3rd party within canada = $520 (no official word on when it's available)

TL;DR no matter which way you slice it, the FireFly 2 WILL cost you over $500 to get in Canada

I also fully expect the FedEx driver to say "ok so you owe us 114.56, credit card?"

I'm happier now knowing the exact amount they will nail me with at the door. Thoughts?
I believe you'll be pleasantly surprised with fedex asking for much less, if anything at all. Time will tell...I'm interested to see how it goes. Mine is scheduled for 4/29 delivery...1 day b4 my b-day. I'll post back after receipt.
Out of curiosity, which province do you live in?

Tomorrow I'll do a couple shots of the sweet bug but heading to bed! Hopefully I can get this app shit figured out. Microsoft surface won't download it either. That's ok though. I'm good with the preset temp for now. A little frustrating that the newest vape has an app too new for my shit!
RE: App issues. There's a ton of info in this thread...just like any other...some relevant, some not...maybe some options for you?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...-i-can-t-update-install-apps-google-play.html

Last edited by a moderator:

creationdivine

The VAS is real. Just picked up a Mighty in late December and now the FireFly2. I wasn't even aware of either vape when I thought about making a Grasshopper preorder back in mid 2015. I still want the Grasshopper, though I am fairly sure this new FF is going to put my vape fiending disease at bay for a while. I told my lady that I am buying it for her so neither of us have to smoke anymore, so at least I'm in in the clear there. My next vape might get me in trouble though. :lol:

Really looking forward to going back to 100% pure convection and seeing that look on my friend's faces when their senses get filled with the rush of pungent terpenes. Stoked!
edit: spelling

Last edited:

Silveradio

What is the safest setting for the touch sensitive buttons when carrying the FF2 in your pocket so it don't turn on accidentally?

Silveradio,

purplenurple24

VapeWorld.ca has it, they ship to their Toronto distribution center and then send by Canada Post, so never any import type fees.

Does vapeworld.ca have them in stock or for pre-order? Also curious if anybody here pre-ordered through vapeworld in the states? Wondering if its possible to get a FF2 from them as fast as I can from Firefly themselves. I'm trying to avoid tax.

purplenurple24,

vape4fun

Do these show up with one battery charged both charged neither charged or something in between. Trying to figure out if I'll be able to try it before having to plug it in....

vape4fun,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
What is the safest setting for the touch sensitive buttons when carrying the FF2 in your pocket so it don't turn on accidentally?

"Both buttons". This requires a human touch simultaneously on both sides of the unit....pretty unlikely when it's in your pocket. (Not all that likely to be accidentally activated even in your hand!)

Do these show up with one battery charged both charged neither charged or something in between. Trying to figure out if I'll be able to try it before having to plug it in....

Mine arrived with both batteries charged about halfway.

vape4fun

Thanks Mitch I appreciate the info. Good to know I can grab it take a quick walk try it out after work before going home....

vape4fun,
Reactions: mitchgo61

foobarman

Hi all, first post on FC (!)

I got my shipping confirmation the other day, and just wanted to ask others who've received theirs already what type of shipping box it comes in?

I'm at school and ordered to my home address by accident, so I just don't want a box with "Firefly vapor" in big letters arriving to my parent's place, if you see what I'm saying.

Thanks!

foobarman,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Stoney Baloney

Cannabis Connoisseur
Hey guys, I would love to hear about your experiences with concentrates!! How is FF2 when it comes to wax and shatter? How does it compare to other concentrate vaporizers? Thanks

Stoney Baloney,

purplenurple24

I got my shipping confirmation the other day, and just wanted to ask others who've received theirs already what type of shipping box it comes in?

I'm at school and ordered to my home address by accident, so I just don't want a box with "Firefly vapor" in big letters arriving to my parent's place, if you see what I'm saying.

Thanks!
On their website it says they use a different name for billing. I would imagine that would apply to shipping as well, but I can't tell that that's definitely the case.

purplenurple24,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Hi all, first post on FC (!)I got my shipping confirmation the other day, and just wanted to ask others who've received theirs already what type of shipping box it comes in?

No worries. Comes in a white generic FedEx box. Return addy says "NWT Holdings". No way to tell what kind of item it is. (Vape companies are used to shipping in a stealthy manner.)

Morimoto

Thanks!

even if they open it, you can tell them it's for e-juice and that you are tying to quit smoking cigarettes!

Morimoto,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom