1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by RobDaBomb, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Marley420

Marley420 Member

Thank for the replies! Still torn on the ff2 or the new arizer argo. Mainly looking for an on demand vape and for vaping flowers. Need more convincing from you guys here. Haha about to research more on the two products

Bamafan86 likes this.
  2. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Collector

The ArGo is not on demand. Another to look at would be the Haze Square. It is in preorder mode right now, but is supposed to be released some time in January.

Mr. Me2 and vapen00b like this.
  3. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

While it works with flower, unless you are a true medical user who needs a clean vapor path and who microdoses, I don't believe the FF2 is going to really be the best for you.

Jill NYC likes this.
  4. Boden

Boden Aspie polymath

For precise dosing it’s hard to beat the FF2. If your goal is to get really baked and aren’t in a rush it’s also really good. If you want to get roasted really fast other options might be better.

5. Marley420

Marley420 Member

Can you suggest other good on demand vapes? Thanks

6. Marley420

Marley420 Member

I'll just use it for flowers and probably take 5 to 6 hits a day max. Will the ff2 be worth it?

7. Pimpslapper

Pimpslapper Well-Known Member

That is me in a nutshell and it fucking rocks for that.
    In 25 seconds you can take two huge puffs and stick it right back in your pocket for later.
    Or one hit.
    Gotta stir in between but totally worth it.

JCat, Boden and Marley420 like this.
  8. Marley420

Marley420 Member

Thanks man! Looks like i'm getting one

JCat and Pimpslapper like this.
  9. biohacker

biohacker fully melted

Nice to see some action here, i've got much reading to do before I shell out the pennies for this one! But it's next on the VAS list!

JCat, Bamafan86 and Pimpslapper like this.
  10. Silveradio

Silveradio Active Member

I’ve had my FF2 since it first became available. Went thru learning curve which was fairly easy for me. There were a few quirky things like not lighting up after sitting for a day or two. Then having to take the battery in and out to wake it up. And of course the cradle. I do have the FF1charger which is great. But since the last update of the FF2 I think it is working very smoothly. A lot more to my liking. The startup blue blinking light works every time now for me. Even during my two or three hit sesh. And btw if you got some dank flowers to put in the bowl I may not even make it to the third hit lol.The slider temp control is awesome, haven’t even used the manual control yet with the passive buttons on the unit.There isn’t as many if anymore waking the vape up for me. If there is a couple of us using the vape it does get a bit warmer than just me using it. So we set it down for a few moments and then we go back at it. I’m probably more of a lightweight when it comes to catching a buzz. Like I said 2or3 hits and I’m flyin. Even connecting to the app now it hooks right up for me. IMO the FF2 is working really well for me now and in no way am I sorry for owing one!!!

JCat, Pimpslapper and OldNewbie like this.
  11. Boden

Boden Aspie polymath

If you are the type who takes things slow and savors each puff then yes.

If you just want to get in and out and end up trashed fast.. no.

OldNewbie and Bamafan86 like this.
  12. Pimpslapper

I disagree with this.
    I can be at a good 7 before my crafty is even warmed up. Hell i can finish a bowl with stirring and be blazed as fuck before the crafty is even warmed up.
    Even the vapcap takes longer.

JCat and vapen00b like this.
  13. Boden

Boden Aspie polymath

Agreed. I should have clarified “trashed” As +11 high temp conduction buzz.

Edit: trashed is the wrong word. What’s the common term for heavy couch lock can’t think clearly buzz?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  14. Pimpslapper

The question is,
    What vape gets you to that buzz faster than the ff2? Very few i would say

JCat likes this.
  15. Boden

Boden Aspie polymath

Since I don’t like that kind of buzz I have no idea. I know I like the control the FF2 gives me to avoid a heavy body buzz. I’ve never used a conduction vape that had the same level of temp control for micro-doses. They all seem to overshoot where I want to be.

JCat, Pimpslapper and OldNewbie like this.
  16. Pimpslapper

I think we are on the same page!

Boden and OldNewbie like this.
  17. Marley420

Marley420 Member

Gonna get mine tom!! Very excited. Will the 2 year warranty from ff start once i turn on the unit?

JCat and vapen00b like this.
  18. peabreu

peabreu Member

Lately at 235Celcius am enjoying hash even better than on a dynavap...amazing. The only tuning I did is using a fine powder net from Storz and Bickel cut at correct size (used the concentrate pad as model) to avoid fine dust to clogh the holes...and perfect. Also use frequently a fine filtr of degumed hemp fiber on top...perfect.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    JCat, biohacker and vapen00b like this.
  19. biohacker

biohacker fully melted

That's awesome! I've been contemplating picking up a VapCap just for hash but think this will be a much better option.

JCat likes this.
  20. Marley420

Marley420 Member

Just got my ff2!! Currently charging it right now, will the blue light stop blinking when it's fully charged?

JCat and Jill NYC like this.
  21. Pimpslapper

Yes!

JCat, Marley420 and Jill NYC like this.
  22. Marley420

Marley420 Member

What is the best temp for flowers?

23. Silveradio

Silveradio Active Member

I like the high setting of you guessed it 420 with a power tuning of 105. If I put a bud or piece of bud the size of the bowl and press it in there I get 3 hits, the flip bud and get 3 more and finally crumble it up and get 3to4 more hits. Also if it is me flying solo that is 3 seshes.

24. Pimpslapper

I start at 347 f/175c and got to MAX 383f/195c.
    Ideal range imo

Boden and JCat like this.
  25. MonsterWithoutBorders

MonsterWithoutBorders Philosophim

@stickstones method (I call it) works every time for me. I flip after 2 . Use level 4 and then after crumble use level 5

stickstones likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors