1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by RobDaBomb, Jan 2, 2016.

1. mitchgo61

mitchgo61 I go where the thrills are

NYC_Frank likes this.
  2. NYC_Frank

NYC_Frank Active Member

I got it from Firefly support as I had an open ticket for my iPhone that I could no longer use to change FF temperature due to the loss of the Apple app ... Initially (last week) they wanted me to ship to them so they could hardcode the firmware change ... I know i didnt have anything to do with it but the night before they released the new app and firmware change I had written them suggesting they release the firmware update to the Droid users ...that way I could use a friends phone to update my FF. The very next day I got an email update to my ticket telling me the new update was released to Android. Unbelievable cool.

They included all the instructions in the email but left out the last entry about waiting for a confirmation from the FF with the new setting.

All's good ... It's Friday ... And I'm celebrating right now ... Happy Weekend everybody :smug:

3. the_moma_dance

the_moma_dance New Member

FYI...Firefly just resolved the IOS app issues they were having and the app is now back in the store ready for download. If you search for "Firefly Vapor" you will find the app.

4. NYC_Frank

NYC_Frank Active Member

Thanks ... Just downloaded it ...

5. Fumegante

Fumegante New Member

I got different temp. profiles for some reason. Android though.

1. 320F
    2. 340F
    3. 360F
    4. 380F
    5. 400F
    6. 420F
    7. 500F (concentrates)

I got these readings by changing the temp. manually and watching it change real time on the app.

On another note, it's a little finicky to dial in the temps manually. You need the exact rhythm for it to work and it's hard to explain it, since it's neither a fast movement nor a slow one either... So if you're not getting it, try changing the "pace" of your taps and like people said, do keep the right button pressed throughout the whole process.

flipjoe and NYC_Frank like this.
  6. dadan

dadan Well-Known Member

yessssssssss

NYC_Frank likes this.
  7. dadan

dadan Well-Known Member

some test results after this big firmware /software update? :D

NYC_Frank and Jill NYC like this.
  8. buckhakeesah

buckhakeesah Well-Known Member

To me, not much difference in performance, the way I use it. You still have that draw restriction to compete with and when you're like me with multiple backups you have to re-focus your breathing technique every time you pick this one up.

I still love the experience and performance it brings me. The taste, smoothness and the state it puts me in almost every time really is why I would reach for this if I'm just lounging around with time to kill. It makes my mediocre stuff more enjoyable. I'm happy we are getting updates from FF and the refinement of their software is very much appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    NYC_Frank, Jill NYC and dadan like this.
  9. Reggie Watts

Reggie Watts Well-Known Member

I would say performance has improved. Just having a wider temp range in itself is an improvement. I love that we can finally change temp without the app.

10. MonsterWithoutBorders

MonsterWithoutBorders Philosophim

This is for me a super improvement as I can change the temp on the device so easily that now I go from cool to hot during session before it was too much of a hassle so I left it on pretty hot. This vape is very consistent once i used the whole bud sticksandstones technique.

Reggie Watts, Jill NYC and NYC_Frank like this.
  11. NYC_Frank

NYC_Frank Active Member

12. kcmochris

kcmochris Active Member

Temperature slider = game changer.

Exact same vape, performance-wise. But dialing in -- app is proving that investing in software is what makes the FF2 hated, but, appreciated. :D

13. Paka-cholo

Paka-cholo Flaccid Member

I just got my FF2 back from a friend after about to months, just in time for the new app. I miss this thing! I once thought about selling it but I’m glad I didn’t. The way this vape extracts it just gives me a different buzz than my IQ it’s great.

14. peabreu

peabreu Member

One question. Looking at the app description they indicate that you can now schoose from 31 temperature levels from 200 to 500 at 10F steps, does it mean you can have 430, 440, 450 etc..?

15. Silveradio

Silveradio Member

Yes you can change temps at 10 degree intervals from 200-500 degrees Fahrenheit. Plus you still have calibration or power tuning for richer or smoother vapor.

dadan likes this.
  16. peabreu

peabreu Member

ok, Thanks.

17. Robob

Robob Veteran Vaporist

with the new app update I set my power tuning back to 100% and have been using the slider instead. Its like a different vape now being able to fine tune the temps!

MonsterWithoutBorders and dadan like this.
  18. dadan

dadan Well-Known Member

yep i set tuning back to 100% too, using only temperature slider. have still to experiment using both, but i find less reasons to do this now, after this update.
    Performance does not seem to be changed but being able to manage directly temperatures is much more logical...
    Real advantage is to be able to manage the temperatures directly from FF2 without opening the app!

19. Willy

Willy Active Member

I know that this may not be the place to ask this, but I can't think of a better place. Do we have any news / rumours on a possible Firefly 3? Between the original Firefly and the Firefly 2, there was a time lapse of 2 years; and now the Firefly 2 is approaching his second year... What do you guys think? :D

20. mitchgo61

mitchgo61 I go where the thrills are

No one at FF will confirm an FF3, as far as I know. Yet. Believe me, I’ve asked. :lol:

FF1 presales began November 2013. It was about 27 months later (Feb 2016) that the FF2 prototypes were completed....and another two months before presales began. So based on that timeline you’re looking at summer 2018 before a 3 appears. That’s assuming they are even planning a 3. :2c:

21. Willy

Willy Active Member

I guess that there is no tech market in which firms don't plan a future product. I am actually considering to get a nice new vape this Christmas, and although I feel really attracted to the FF2, I don't feel like spending over 350 euros in a device that is already two years old. So, most likely I'll get some other vape (maybe the Tera) and I'll wait for these guys to come up with some new version at some point.

22. NYC_Frank

NYC_Frank Active Member

I've found myself moving away from the app as well just sequencing up from power level 1 through 5 manually, taking two thirty second pulls at each level

MonsterWithoutBorders and dadan like this.
  23. MonsterWithoutBorders

MonsterWithoutBorders Philosophim

I am not sure there could be much improvement. Easier to get to set right for the top lid and more battery life(always). Otherwise it would have to be a different vaporizer. It works great.

mitchgo61, NYC_Frank and dadan like this.
  24. phried

phried Well-Known Member

Also did the same but on iOS and in Celsius:

1 - 165C
    2 - 175C
    3 - 185C
    4 - 195C
    5 - 205C
    6 - 215C
    7 - 255C

Pretty much similar, but not exactly the same temps. Just a heads up to those using the Metric system.

dadan and jupazo like this.
  25. NYC_Frank

NYC_Frank Active Member

Has anyone purchased a leather FF2 case? Any comments as to quality considering the $45 price?

Thanks

mixchu69 likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors