1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by RobDaBomb, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Bassman999

Bassman999 Member

Please post up here if you find what you are looking for.
    I am sure they must be much cheaper now and might be nice to have both.

NYC_Frank likes this.
  2. NYC_Frank

NYC_Frank Member

So far the ones I've found on eBay are clones ... Firefly support recommends requesting the serial number from the seller and then email firefly requesting they confirm the authenticity before purchasing. One seller seems like he might have the real deal but I haven't heard back from him yet with the S/N number ....the price is $118

.....I've just gotta have a Ferrari red Firefly 1 to complement my Firefly 2.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
    Adobewan and ShayWhiteGrow like this.
  3. Bassman999

Bassman999 Member

Good info on finding authentic.
    Esp since the Firefly support are so responsive and fast!

NYC_Frank likes this.
  4. NYC_Frank

NYC_Frank Member

I've seen a lot of complaints about FireFly support but my experience has been very positive. Usually takes 2 or 3 days to get a response to an email but I've struck up a friendship with one of the support agents who provided me a number I could text her when I need to concerning this ......I'm hooked

Adobewan, Mr. Me2 and ShayWhiteGrow like this.
  5. Adobewan

Adobewan Well-Known Member

I've had stellar service from FF support.
    And again, using the FF2 with concentrates is giving my Divine Tribe gear a run for their money.
    Loving it!

6. Bassman999

Bassman999 Member

They honestly were replying back and forth via email every 15 min like 10 consecutive emails. They even wished me happy bday lol.

Can do the tuning on the concentrate setting to get 111% of 500F to get 555*F?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2017
    NYC_Frank likes this.
  7. Adobewan

Sorry, please rephrase. :)

8. Bassman999

Bassman999 Member

I havent used the FF or the FF2 yet, but as I understand the FF2 had an update to the app.
    The update changed heating profiles so you can tune each setting up or down by 11%, but just not sure if thats gonna apply to the concentrate 500*F setting also or just the regular settings.
    I have seen ppl dabbing concentrates way higher than 500F maybe thats needed maybe not?

9. Adobewan

I've only used the default concentrate setting.
    Killer results.

Wish there was a way for Firefly to update the internals of the FF1.
    I am love, love, loving the FF2, a great upgrade, but I too, am nearly nostalgic for the look and feel of the FF1. What a body!
    I'll always have my eye out for a solid used one.

10. yogoshio

yogoshio Annoying Libertarian

But then they couldn't sell you another product!!

Bassman999 likes this.
  11. Bassman999

Bassman999 Member

Yeah I heard reviews saying the FF1 was too big and not as pretty, but I think (from internet pics and vids) that it looks great!

I m trying to talk my family into letting me try the FF2 today and get my Bday present early.
    I think Ill be better prepared than most as they have a learning curve, whereas I have seen all the videos to use it right.

Ill buy a used or new FF1 also eventually.

Excited!

Adobewan and NYC_Frank like this.
  12. NYC_Frank

NYC_Frank Member

Yep ....gotta have that Ferrari red FF1 to keep my FF2 company ...

13. sixstringsmash

sixstringsmash Well-Known Member

So I just noticed today that the silicone ring on the top of my FF2 lid is starting to lose some of its adhesion and is starting to slip off of the lid of the unit. My only guess is that the adhesive that was originally used to keep the silicone ring attached to the lid must be wearing down over time after just so many ISO wipes. Has anyone encountered this yet and if so have you found any home fixes that might remedy this situation so I wont have to shell out $40 for another lid.

14. Bassman999

Bassman999 Member

Is the silicone seal deteriorating or just losing adhesion?
    http://www.masterbond.com/properties/food-safe-adhesives-sealants-coatings-encapsulation-compounds

15. sixstringsmash

Definitely just losing adhesion...There don't seem to be any prices on that site but I know a bit about food grade epoxy and any epoxy decent enough to fix my lid is probably going to cost almost as much as it would to replace it in the first place. If it costs $30 to get a little tube of epoxy to fix a lid that costs $40 I'll probably just get the new lid instead. I was looking at maybe a more cost effective solution if possible.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Bassman999 likes this.
  16. Bassman999

Bassman999 Member

Im not sure on prices, when I made some bongs I used regular epoxy from HD and it works fine, but maybe more heat in this location. I personally would likely use the generic epoxy that says good for those materials for $6 at HD.

Have you asked FF support? They would require shipping both ways likely and that could be costly also.

Good luck with finding a resolution!

Edit**

https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Food-G...TF8&qid=1489348218&sr=8-1&keywords=EP42HT-2FG

17. sixstringsmash

Sorry but I need to take a hard line with this post right here. If you're using epoxy and the glue is going to be located anywhere in the vapor path DO NOT use regular epoxy. You can be doing some major damage to your body right there. HXTAL epoxy or something similar is the epoxy that should be used if it is going to be anywhere in the vapor path and that's a pricey epoxy.

Bassman999 and Mr. Me2 like this.
  18. Bassman999

Bassman999 Member

Yeah I dont use those bongs anymore and buy my bongs now.
    Thanks for the info.

19. MonsterWithoutBorders

MonsterWithoutBorders Philosophim

Is there an epoxy solution let us say under 20 dollars. I would like to try to repair if possible.

20. Bassman999

Bassman999 Member

M ff2 is brand new and I already hate the battery life.
    Not even 2 bowls on a full charge.
    Maybe 1/2 way through second bowl and the dreaded blinking red led.
    Very disappointing!!
    They should at least make a charger that plugs in so if you are stuck by an outlet to use it you can at least charge while you vape.

It went from blinking red and not heating and the app showing empty to the app saying fully charged and the vape doing 3 blinks in 10 minutes of charging from a generic built in usb outlet in a wall receptacle.
    I dont know if unit or batteries are bad, but not getting a full charge it seems. I tried both batteries.
    I cant even get high once before battery dies lol.
    First charge took well over an hour though.

21. yogoshio

@Bassman999 I normally get 3 bowls at least per battery. That seems incredibly short from my experience.

What does your bud look like when done? Mine is evenly dark, dark brown normally, and after three hits I'm up there.

Grind style, pack size, etc. All of these drastically affect the battery life as well as how much extraction you'll get.

Bassman999 likes this.
  22. Bassman999

Bassman999 Member

Thanks for the reply yogoshio!
    My bud doesnt look very dark at all. This is my first convection vape. I have only used a pax 1 before and it singed my buds on medium.

I am using a coarse grind lightly packed, and vape till no more vape on high. I start on medium heat and do a couple pulls on each setting till it stops making vapor.

This is definitely not like smoking or the Pax lol.
    I feel more dizzy from the long pulls that actually high.

Ill open up my jar of SLH thats already cured in lieu of this fresh herb and see it that makes for better sessions

23. yogoshio

Slightly overpack, let the lid push it down. Try a finer grind as well. Those two combined and that's how I get my results. I get clouds rivaling my Pax when I do that. Then a stir after a couple of hits.

I also have my settings on high with power at 111%

Bassman999 likes this.
  24. Bassman999

Bassman999 Member

I will try medium grind with the 111% next bowl. I do feel I am taking 2x the hits I need because I see no noticeable vapor half the time.
    I have heard that some buds produce more vapor than others, but Ill try more strains and see for myself.

Do you do long slow pulls or medium and medium duration pulls?

I can see the illumination of the heater dimming with my draws and slow down when I see that thinking I am cooling it off too much.

25. sixstringsmash

Long slow pulls. My hits with the firefly usually take between 20-30 seconds.

Bassman999 likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors