1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by RobDaBomb, Jan 2, 2016.

1. mitchgo61

mitchgo61 I go where the thrills are

Sucks. Sorry to hear that....does seem to be a fault in the device. My advice is call FF rather than contacting them in mail. They are pretty great when you get a live person on the phone.
    The cradles are fucking weird. They really need to get those external chargers back in stock!

bleak and Bassman999 like this.
  2. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Are they already out of stock? I ordered one Feb 11 and it was delivered within a week. They should have included this rather than that silly dock.

Mr. Me2 and Bassman999 like this.
  3. mitchgo61

mitchgo61 I go where the thrills are

Website says out of stock. If they just had them a few weeks ago maybe they'll be back soon.

The external charger wasn't ready when they first launched the FF2, but I agree, they should consider bundling it now.

Jen, Bassman999 and jay87 like this.
  4. Bassman999

Bassman999 Member

Speaking of the dock, mine stops charging sometimes and I need to re-position it.
    I need the external one, is that a plug in or just another usb?
    I dont have any fast charge usb chargers and charging is very slow.

5. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Mine just came with the charger itself, no USB cable included. But I had plenty of cables and wall charge bricks sitting around, it works very well.

mitchgo61 and Bassman999 like this.
  6. Splorgle

Splorgle Active Member

It's just the charging box that comes with it, no plug, it works with a regular phone micro usb cord.

7. Bassman999

Bassman999 Member

I have a slow cell phone charger only not a rapid charger.
    My charger 5v 1A
    Rapid chargers are 5.1v 2.4A so more that 2x faster.
    The 45 min they say for charging is about 2 hours for me as a result.
    5Watts vs 12Watts

8. yogoshio

yogoshio Annoying Libertarian

Are the batteries the same or just the same structure?

9. scouse

scouse Member

i just got my firefly 2 i have lung issues and as it heats up on demand i thought i would try as i take a hit then go back to maybe a hr later and im not wasting a thing now im so impressed with it i can taste my weed like nothing before .i had a snoop dog gpen then a xmax v2 pro and it tasted like crap so this shines so much i havent tried concentrates yet but soon hopefully i just thought if your like me with bad lungs this works great

10. mixchu69

mixchu69 Well-Known Member

I have a liger with sic and Quartz insert, Hercules from w9tech, pukinbeagle quartz enail and the FF2 beats them all in taste for concentrate usage. Hits really good for a vape.

I'm wondering why none of the pens use this style of a concentrate steel pad over a heating coil.

Bassman999 and scouse like this.
  11. Bassman999

Bassman999 Member

I had trouble vaping the 99% cbd slab from CBDistillery from the FF2.
    Maybe I need a bigger chunk?
    I could taste it, but couldnt see any vapor.

scouse likes this.
  12. NYC_Frank

NYC_Frank Member

Well I got my brand new Ferrari red FF1, via eBay ... The seller posted a picture of the inside compartment with the S/N which I confirmed with Firefly support to be authentic. Got it for a cool $100 ... can't wait for it to get here Saturday .... to help pay for it I put my old used Davinci 2 up for sale and already have a bid at $53 .... that's what I call trading up

13. Bassman999

Bassman999 Member

Nice find dude Congrats!

scouse and NYC_Frank like this.
  14. scouse

scouse Member

mines a firefly 2 but i would imagine the ff1 is as good vape production wise as mine and who doesn't love a bargain i got mine this week it rocks

NYC_Frank and Bassman999 like this.
  15. NYC_Frank

NYC_Frank Member

I'm in love with my FF2 .....the new FF1 will join its older? brother in the regular rotation .... Good luck with your FF2 ...I've had mine about 6 months now and do not understand the complaints on this product at all ...

scouse, Bassman999 and mitchgo61 like this.
  16. vape4fun

vape4fun Active Member

I just got some nice concentrates. I have an option to get a galaxy pen for $40 from a friend or just stick with the fly. Any opinions would be welcome. I kind of like the discreetness of the galaxy and the battery but people seem to love the fly with concentrates.

scouse likes this.
  17. yogoshio

yogoshio Annoying Libertarian

The FF2 is AMAZING with concentrates. You won't get better flavor.

scouse, Bassman999, mixchu69 and 3 others like this.
  18. scouse

scouse Member

i have a question my firefly is working fine but i noticed my green lights arnt blinking no more just staying a solid green i can still use it as i know when its hot any ideas guys

19. MonsterWithoutBorders

MonsterWithoutBorders Philosophim

I would do the reset procedure if there is one (pulling battery?) Otherwise the ff2 is a bit broke

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    scouse likes this.
  20. Bassman999

Bassman999 Member

I take my battery out a few times a day when it shows red and not dead and it works again, or make sure app is connected since it doesnt like my phone leaving the area lol

scouse likes this.
  21. NYC_Frank

NYC_Frank Member

Just gave it a whirl .....wow .... Totally different experience and luxury from the FF2 ....they're both totally unique and complement each other .... Going to use my. FF1 sparingly on weekends and special occasions as the need arises ....I am so psyched ... It kinda seems like a ferrari with a manual transmission ...awesome ....

My advice all who love the FF2 and do not own a FF1 is to be on the lookout for a new one on ebay ...make sure to obtain the S/N and run it past Firefly support for Authenticity Verification ....there are a lot of clones out there and you do not want an inferior device ....

mitchgo61, scouse and Bassman999 like this.
  22. Bassman999

Bassman999 Member

Can you still get all the low temp flavor by careful manipulation of the throttle whilst inhaling?

scouse likes this.
  23. scouse

scouse Member

well regarding this it fixed itself i think it just threw a wobbler last night its all good now plus im getting massive clouds now they say a learning curve but just inhale slow for 10 secs and i have bad lungs

24. NYC_Frank

NYC_Frank Member

Yes ....they call it custom vapor control ....they included a cool little graph with the three types of draws ....
    Basically you get to 400 degrees by drawing for 10 sec with the instant heating button depressed.

For a smooth draw /low temp (release the instant heating button early .... About 7 sec and continue to draw) ....

For a rich draw/high temp continue to depress the button after 10 sec whole continuing to draw (careful with this ...don't want to combust)

Finally there's the concept of vapor surfing where you release the button after 10 sec but then continue to draw whole giving it added short bursts of button depression ....this gives you the medium heat temperatures

Pretty cool

Bassman999 and scouse like this.
  25. Bobmon

Bobmon New Member

Hello everyone. I'm new here.
    I recently purchased a firefly2 jet black edition. I have issues getting a good hit from it. Seems to work ok, but it is a hit and miss on the vapor though. The flavor from the unit is good.
    I have the same battery issues as others have said. Calling FF they told me they have a problem with the app and its battery charge indication feature. When mine stopped working the app showed 0 voltage. The led was solid red. After it was sitting for a while, I was able to still use it for 2 additional sessions about 6 hits per session. So battery is ok I guess.
    I like the cool factor of the unit just wish I was getting better vapor production. Anybody have any suggestions on how to make this my go too instead of my new paper weight?
    Thanks in advance.

Reggie Watts and Bassman999 like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors