The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like my new Firefly 2 and it rocks with concentrates.
I soak the concentrate pads in ios and that works great.
Is it necessary to rinse the pads in water after iOS soak or can you just let them air dry?
Can I used compressed air to dry the concentrate pads?

I soak them in 99% iso. Not sure that that is necessary. Just leave them awhile sitting out and they seem completely clean. I dont think water and compressed air is a bad idea. No harm there IMO

turk

turk
...I use water to rinse off my pads.....after iso bath....because...I detest the taste of iso...inhaled worse in my life...but I try to avoid some things....

Last edited:
I soak them in 99% iso. Not sure that that is necessary. Just leave them awhile sitting out and they seem completely clean. I dont think water and compressed air is a bad idea. No harm there IMO
I'd rather not use the water if I don't have to since it doesn't evaporate as easily and quickly as the ios.
The pads are so dense, the compressed air blows the ios out and dries the pad quicker.

malsanti

I think it was timing and vapecritic. Ppl seemed like they were ready for the next badass vape and well believed it to be the FF2, with a little marketing push from vapecritic. I think it is pretty badass.

The thing gets me baked, and I can hit it pretty much anywhere. I was on my own today, in shorditch in this pop up, surrounded by ppl watching Olympics, everyone else drinking and I was just hitting my FF2. The smell it gives off is just seems like some e juice shit. I even open and stir quickly when needed.

Never been excited before to go bathrooms in the public ever before I'll say that much. Now its, like yeeeeeeaaaaaa! One second fellas.

I just bought some mouthpieces that my LHS ordered for me. Cost was 9.95 and tax. From firefly it was 9.95 + 7.78 shipping + tax shipping in a soft small envelope.

Last edited:
MonsterWithoutBorders,

vamboo

I bought mine from Vaposhop(Europe) and it is ok.
Battery life is ok. Bought a ff1-charger a few month ago, never tried the docking-station.
At least 5 Bowls with 2 hits per bowl, drawing slow until the green led turns off.
How long the green light is on depends on how tight you pack. I stirr not. The herb is even brown then. Clouds are mostly present, maybe a quarter to half of the dense of my cigarette output, depending on the herbs.
I must pay much attention that the lid fits correctly.

I used mostly the Vapman(powered by a torcher) the last 2 years, no learning curve to use the ff2, the efficiency is similar, but the ff2 is much more comfortable. I use also Ascent Davincy, Iolite Whispr, Q-Tower.

vamboo,

TvsP

I discovered i was trying to draw far too hard, eased off and now good with clouds too.

This thing is awesome.

The smell is not discreet enough though, perhaps I'm just on some stinky stuff at the moment.

malsanti

I haven't had any technical issues, and its battery life has actually never died, but I just thug around with whatever can fit in the bowl usually.

I used it at a park recently with a friend, and went through like 3 bowls, and it didn't give out.

THe same size clouds off the FF2 versus the Flowermate seem to be so much more potent and obviously more tasty. My regular grinder is pretty much perfect for the FF2.

THe trouble I was getting was when I was being too hasty and doing a super coarse, super quick grind, without really considering much of a stir either. I think if you are not stupid like me, and have normal understanding of what a coarse grind is, then you should be good. Never really ever did a fine grind for anything, not my joints, vapexhale or any of that.

It really does you lit though, and if you stir, super duper efficient.

Vaporcussion

New FF2 owner here- what does it mean when you try to heat up, and the indicator light turns green for a second, then turns off? Can't find it in the online manual. Thank you!

Vaporcussion,

Sh4dy15

New FF2 owner here- what does it mean when you try to heat up, and the indicator light turns green for a second, then turns off? Can't find it in the online manual. Thank you!

Has happened to me too...just take out battery for a second or change heat level. Some kind of bug.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
No way I wouldnt send it in for that. It has happened once to me in 3+ months. And I am betting the app update fixes it.

It is some kind of weird bug. It usaally happens, for me, on a partial-charge, if the battery has been sitting in the device idle for more than like 12 hours.

It appears to be fixed by the update, but I don't know if it has been specifically addressed. The bug that gave you a solid "standby" green light has been fixed, so perhaps they are related and both are resolved. I haven't seen the "no light" bug in three-plus weeks of using the new version so I think that's a good sign....I was getting that behavior frequently on the old app.

jdent3

I've had the battery glitch thing but one of my batteries does it every time I use it. The battery thinks its done charging after 5 minutes on the charger and it dies after about 5 seconds of use everytime. I messaged firefly to see if I can send in the faulty battery.

jdent3,

Musicslv

Hey anyone else finding a hot spot in the center of the bowl that chars a spot of the load? It didn't happen until I had been using it for a week or two. Is the problem the tiny holes clogging up? If so is there a way to clear them?

Musicslv,

PuckFace

It is some kind of weird bug. It usaally happens, for me, on a partial-charge, if the battery has been sitting in the device idle for more than like 12 hours.

It appears to be fixed by the update, but I don't know if it has been specifically addressed. The bug that gave you a solid "standby" green light has been fixed, so perhaps they are related and both are resolved. I haven't seen the "no light" bug in three-plus weeks of using the new version so I think that's a good sign....I was getting that behavior frequently on the old app.

I believe this happens when the FF isn't connected to a phone, so you have to connect it and select a temperature setting before it will heat.

I have never heard this. Pretty sure it's just a straight timer and stays on the same time no matter what's in the bowl. Easy enough to test it....

Yes, the green light is simply on a 10 second timer.

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
PuckFace,

kcmochris

Hey anyone else finding a hot spot in the center of the bowl that chars a spot of the load? It didn't happen until I had been using it for a week or two. Is the problem the tiny holes clogging up? If so is there a way to clear them?

I was wondering the same after the first couple of weeks of having one, and esp. after @Elac posted the pictures of an used FF2's guts, disassembled. We have discussed that the air path, which flows in through the frontal vents, passes over the heating element and comes up through the bowl (then over material and blah blah). My guess is predominately through that spot you've mentioned.

I'm assuming this singed mark that we, and others as I've seen in pictures, have on the center-ish section of the bowl is where the hot air meets physical matter. Keep in mind those 50 holes do help with fanning/distributing the air to the other portions of the bowl (material). But when I saw @Elac's post (quoted down below), I rationalized and came to this conclusion. Could be completely off, but I wondered about the charred spot all the same.

Air is drawn over the solder as there is a ceramic cap that covers the coil and air has to come over the solder.
Here is a pic of all the bowl components.edit: in order from top to bottom of bowl.
As you can see by the burn marks air comes in that manner.:sherlock:
vOMYWvE.jpg

Here's a link to a following post. There was a good amount of talk about possible air path for the FF2 around these posts.

Yes, the green light is simply on a 10 second timer.

30-second timer.

Last edited:
kcmochris,

PuckFace

I was wondering the same after the first couple of weeks of having one, and esp. after @Elac posted the pictures of an used FF2's guts, disassembled. We have discussed that the air path, which flows in through the frontal vents, passes over the heating element and comes up through the bowl (then over material and blah blah). My guess is predominately through that spot you've mentioned.

I'm assuming this singed mark that we, and others as I've seen in pictures, have on the center-ish section of the bowl is where the hot air meets physical matter. Keep in mind those 50 holes do help with fanning/distributing the air to the other portions of the bowl (material). But when I saw @Elac's post (quoted down below), I rationalized and came to this conclusion. Could be completely off, but I wondered about the charred spot all the same.

Here's a link to a following post. There was a good amount of talk about possible air path for the FF2 around these posts.

30-second timer.

There is a separate sleep timer that turns the unit off after inactivity that is more like 30 seconds or 1 minute. But the actual time that the green light stays on while you're using it is 10 seconds. I double checked that myself several times. Lol.

PuckFace,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
There is a separate sleep timer that turns the unit off after inactivity that is more like 30 seconds or 1 minute. But the actual time that the green light stays on while you're using it is 10 seconds. I double checked that myself several times. Lol.

It's supposed to be 30. Not all units are exactly 30, but 10 is way too short. If your device is shutting off after 10 seconds, try a different battery....if it's still doing it you might wanna contact FF because your unit isn't performing correctly.

mitchgo61,

TvsP

Agree with above, when drawing the green light stays on 30 odd seconds before auto shut off.

TvsP,

PuckFace

It's supposed to be 30. Not all units are exactly 30, but 10 is way too short. If your device is shutting off after 10 seconds, try a different battery....if it's still doing it you might wanna contact FF because your unit isn't performing correctly.

You're right. I went straight back to the store when I saw the comment and they gave me a different one. I can't inhale for 30 second straight, but at least I have a goal now! Lol.

Agree with above, when drawing the green light stays on 30 odd seconds before auto shut off.

They really should make a better user manual. I did feel like 10 seconds was short but then you read the user manual and it tells you to inhale for 5-10 seconds so I didn't even realize (or didn't think logically) that the timer actually should be much longer. I also am kind of thinking that it did sometimes work for longer but wasn't paying full attention. Go figure.

Whatever the case, I'm happy it's fixed!

They really should make a better user manual. I did feel like 10 seconds was short but then you read the user manual and it tells you to inhale for 5-10 seconds so I didn't even realize (or didn't think logically) that the timer actually should be much longer. I also am kind of thinking that it did sometimes work for longer but wasn't paying full attention. Go figure.

Maybe it's not a defect that I got, but placebo. Lol.

Mod note: Four posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom