• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

malsanti

That taste and that efficiency

If I am being honest, I enjoy using it more than the vapexhale, at least at the moment. I guess part of it is, just that handling the FF2 is obviously more convenient. Maybe when it gets me less buzzed I will feel differently. But the quality of the vape seems astounding. The quality of the high is amazing, but it could be also cuz the bud is tight?

Frankly, I find it amazing, the places I can get high now, that I never would've been able. A fresh, tasty clean high. I dunno, it seems like a much tastier high than the vapexhale. I've talked earlier on about the one downside, imo, of vaporizing is you don't have the lingering taste in your mouth that smoking gives you, but FF2 comes the closest to doing that for me.

Anybody have any ideas for stickers to cover the bowl? Or some decals for the cover? FF should offer skins you can just paste on top and peel off. People love that kinda shit. I would like it bright and colorful sometime.

And basically anywhere where they do searches, if they bother to pat my pockets, they just assume its a phone because it's never gone further. And the main thing is, since other people have e pens, some with quite big tanks, it sneaks its way into this new family of gadgets.

But, I think a sticker and the removal of the mouth piece would give one some extra stealth, that I never have bothered with, taken it to clubs, concerts, places where they search bags.

Last edited:
That taste and that efficiency

If I am being honest, I enjoy using it more than the vapexhale, at least at the moment. I guess part of it is, just that handling the FF2 is obviously more convenient. Maybe when it gets me less buzzed I will feel differently. But the quality of the vape seems astounding. The quality of the high is amazing, but it could be also cuz the bud is tight?
+1

MonsterWithoutBorders,

kcmochris

I got an Herbalizer a couple weeks back and I still find myself loading up the FF2. Whether it's to taste a new strain or maybe rock out at 380 (Medium is so good to me on this thing) during the day, for me it is an essential vape. I'm mostly an at-home user and, while the Herbie does live up to its name and then some, the two complement each other perfectly. The FF2 is, as others have ascribed to it, on a connoisseur level.

malsanti

Before going into work today, I went to the cinema and watched The Shallows for some reason. Well, there was a 1 dude like a couple rows infront of me, and ladies in the same row all the way to the left, and a couple way back. It was a big cinema, the closest being the dude in the front, but not that close.

Well, I was able to use the FF2, and odor wasn't a factor. Thing about the high so far is, its very potent for me at the moment. So it actually put me to sleep for most of the movie, but I might've slept anyway cuz i don't sleep as much as I should and was kinda tired already maybe. But, the FF2 does get me sleepy and proper stonage.

Back at home, got a lot of work to do, but i hit FF2 and now am just zoning out listening to music, which is all I tend to do nowadays. I don't know why. Used to love watching movies or tv shows at home, but at home this summer Just listen to music and read some comics. Can't explain it.

Also got some stupid pub event with networking potential I am meant to go to, or they playing Force Awakens for free somewhere. Either way I am baked, and should be working.

Last edited:

malsanti

Amazing to sleep, due to the potency. I decided I should sleep early yesterday, and it really did help me do that.

Taste and potency are connected. The high and the taste go hand in hand. Perceived potency, one can argue is the actual potency. But 15% THC bud with amazing and powerful aromas, compared to 19% bud that is tasteless, well the weaker one will actually seem more powerful and long lasting, and perhaps, it IS more powerful and long lasting due to the flavour compounds either boosting or synergizing in a common or less obvious way, but it obviously does happen.

My point is, if the FF2 does deliver vastly superior taste, that means a much better, longer, and pleasurable high, because extracting the flavor and taste in the best possible manner is perhaps the most important aspect of consuming bud after a certain point. And the longer the flavor remains, the longer the high remains, making it even more efficient. Its all there is to distinguish the good from the bad. Otherwise, we'd all be just spraying tastless THC concentrates into our mouths.

That is not to crap on other vapes, most of which I have not even tried, I concede depending on your needs, the FF2 might not be be the most appropriate vaporizer.

malsanti,
Reactions: blue80217

Baron23

My point is, if the FF2 does deliver vastly superior taste, that means a much better, longer, and pleasurable high, because extracting the flavor and taste in the best possible manner is perhaps the most important aspect of consuming bud after a certain point. And the longer the flavor remains, the longer the high remains

Sorry mate, but these are strong and definitive statements without any scientific support as far as I know. Much has been made about possible interactions and synergies between terpenes and THC and its effect, but none of this has been quantified or even definitized by any valid scientific research that I am aware of.

I got it, you like your FF2. That's great.

malsanti

Sorry mate, but these are strong and definitive statements without any scientific support as far as I know. Much has been made about possible interactions and synergies between terpenes and THC and its effect, but none of this has been quantified or even definitized by any valid scientific research that I am aware of.

I got it, you like your FF2. That's great.

Hahaha, sorry I do realize it comes across as some sort of extreme buyers remorse where I am trying to psych myself up. Just my thoughts! And not many people in real life to discuss the nuances of this shit. But it was meant to be more of a commentary on the importance of taste, rather than the superiority of the FF2.

I do legit maintain those positions, but I am sure there are so many other vapes out there that offer similar advantage and others over the FF2 in other areas. But when it comes to flavor and the high, they legit are part of each other, I believe. Even without any studies, its almost common sense, if you know how our senses work, and how all are senses are connected to each other. And anecdotally, I would say it's definitely true.

I know this is controversial and there is no consensus on it, but that's just my position. You're right, it's not a fact. A commentary on the importance of taste, not on the superiority of the FF2. I haven't even tried barely any of those cool vapes so many of you guys seem to own. Would love to get a grasshopper, milano and maybe a crafty. That'll have to wait until I can fulfill the dream of marrying rich!!!!!!

malsanti,

Baron23

Hahaha, sorry I do realize it comes across as some sort of extreme buyers remorse where I am trying to psych myself up. Just my thoughts! And not many people in real life to discuss the nuances of this shit. But it was meant to be more of a commentary on the importance of taste, rather than the superiority of the FF2.

I do legit maintain those positions, but I am sure there are so many other vapes out there that offer similar advantage and others over the FF2 in other areas. But when it comes to flavor and the high, they legit are part of each other, I believe. Even without any studies, its almost common sense, if you know how our senses work, and how all are senses are connected to each other. And anecdotally, I would say it's definitely true.

I know this is controversial and there is no consensus on it, but that's just my position. You're right, it's not a fact. A commentary on the importance of taste, not on the superiority of the FF2. I haven't even tried barely any of those cool vapes so many of you guys seem to own. Would love to get a grasshopper, milano and maybe a crafty. That'll have to wait until I can fulfill the dream of marrying rich!!!!!!

haha All good, my friend, and you aren't the only one afflicted with keen insight and the need to let others know it. I have also been labelled such many, many times in my life. :lol: Need an opinion...just ask me...or, you don't even have to ask! LOL

I really don't know...know as in facts....if taste/terpenes really are synergistic with THC and significantly impact the effect...but I'm like you....I like them and I find that good taste/lots of terps does really enhance my cannabis experience.

Good luck on that marrying rich...if you succeed, invite us all for dinner to your new mansion where we can try all of your new vapes with your top shelf products LOL

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
A commentary on the importance of taste, not on the superiority of the FF2.

Ironically this is the one area where the FF probably is objectively superior: flavor. For all the varying opinions and judgments of both FF models, even the less-than-glowing reviews cite the taste as a clear advantage of the device over its competitors.

As for marrying rich, that's also a matter of taste....:lol:

jay87

I've got Firmware version 1.6 and App version 1.0.0 right now. Waiting for an update :brow:

3Da26mC.jpg

malsanti

Finally watched a movie I loved and didn't fall asleep in, LIGHTS OUT. Fucking amazing movie. Only 1 other person in the theater who i couldn't even see all the way back.

Vaped all the way through, and as soon as the movie ended an usher came in and right to my spot to just clean up, and there was some minor stuff like receipt. Point is, the odor wasn't strong or obvious enough for him to know. Maybe not even enough to suspect.

I think if you use your brain, and context, you can use it in many many places. I use it in this pop up all the time. You couldn't actually smoke MJ. You can smoke cigerettes and they have sheesha, but it fits in, ppl around you might be curious, but no one cares, at least at a place like that.

jay87

This is the most recent released version of the app software, as far as I know.

I think the iOS and Android apps have different software versioning numbers.

For iOS latest app version is 1.1.1
For Android latest app version is 1.0

I assume both are the original version of the app that released with the device and just have different numbering schemes. (which cmon they really shouldn't)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=thefirefly.android&hl=en - Android Version 1.0
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/firefly-vapor/id1072223142?mt=8 - iOS Version 1.1.1

Latest public release version anyway, I'm more interested in that beta version a few lucky members have gotten to try :brow:.

jay87,

b0

Cloudy...
Latest public release version anyway, I'm more interested in that beta version a few lucky members have gotten to try :brow:.
Hope they release it soon, it seems like the testers are pretty happy with it :)

On the good news my replacement unit and maybe batteries? (I still don't know what was wrong or what they have replaced) is in UK and I should have it soon! On the bad side it seems like they declared the real price instead of sending it as a replacement, so it was held in customs and will have to pay to have it. Hope they take care of the charge, vapexhale did the same mistake and they returned me the money.

Can't wait to have my unit back, I'm really missing it!

Last edited:

Musicslv

Ok I have to admit to my mistake. A couple of pages ago I mentioned a problem I seemed to be having with my FF2 burning a hole into the center of the load. User error, I had just forgotten to return the heat setting from "Concentrates" to "Medium high" Oops... The Truth shall set you free! I love this thing.

To_thy_cloud

I just don't think it will work, I know it might
Anyone got any tricks on how to not pack the FF 2 all the ay and still get good draws. With about a half pack am getting a good initial cloud ( and I do preheat) but that draw seems to displace all the product.

To_thy_cloud,

CroZure

So the past few sessions I have puffed on this vape like a cigar for about 4-5 times to get it primed before it produces vapor and it seems to work much better. I used to pull for 8 - 10 seconds then reset but I like this method better because I don't feel like I am half way out of air before taking a good pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom