The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Me2

I could not disagree more. I absolutely love convection vaporizers. I only buy convection units. I sent it in and they just sent it back. However, I disliked my FF2 so much that I escalated the issue, which has been resolved. It is hands down the worst vape I have ever used. And again, I love convection vapes. I'm not so sure my unit was bad as much as I think you are all drinking the Kool-Aid. Sorry, but that is just how I feel. I tried everything one could do to try and get positive results. Unfortunately for FF2 I have a top tier convection vape to use as a benchmark. They are night and day. I would have been happy with 50% of the performance out of the FF2 for portability, but I could not even achieve 10% of what my other can do. The only vapor I could produce was the equivalent of a nearly done bowl in my other. Bottom line is if you are not getting nice, thick, dense vapor clouds the machine is not doing a good job. Even for a convection vape.

Comments claiming that convection vapes are not for all just makes me sort of laugh inside because I know a proper convection vape is for everyone. They are simply amazing.

I can only speak from my own experience, but if you don't believe me, prove me wrong. I live in the Bay Area and would love to finally know once and for all; is this an overhyped device or was mine in fact defective?

If yours works as mine did with flowers then be prepared to be enlightened because I promise the Dawsonator will make an appearance and turn your perception of the FF2 upside down. Of course, I really want to be wrong and find out this device is everything it is made out to be.
The gauntlet has been thrown! Please...someone in his area accept the challenge! I would love to hear the results of this epic battle between better and best!

And welcome, @Icon13 !

Last edited:
Mr. Me2,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I could not disagree more. I absolutely love convection vaporizers. I only buy convection units. I sent it in and they just sent it back. However, I disliked my FF2 so much that I escalated the issue, which has been resolved. It is hands down the worst vape I have ever used. And again, I love convection vapes. I'm not so sure my unit was bad as much as I think you are all drinking the Kool-Aid. Sorry, but that is just how I feel. I tried everything one could do to try and get positive results. Unfortunately for FF2 I have a top tier convection vape to use as a benchmark. They are night and day. I would have been happy with 50% of the performance out of the FF2 for portability, but I could not even achieve 10% of what my other can do. The only vapor I could produce was the equivalent of a nearly done bowl in my other. Bottom line is if you are not getting nice, thick, dense vapor clouds the machine is not doing a good job. Even for a convection vape.

Comments claiming that convection vapes are not for all just makes me sort of laugh inside because I know a proper convection vape is for everyone. They are simply amazing.

I can only speak from my own experience, but if you don't believe me, prove me wrong. I live in the Bay Area and would love to finally know once and for all; is this an overhyped device or was mine in fact defective?

If yours works as mine did with flowers then be prepared to be enlightened because I promise the Dawsonator will make an appearance and turn your perception of the FF2 upside down. Of course, I really want to be wrong and find out this device is everything it is made out to be.

I just got here, so I don't know your history with the unit, but the only slightly dissatisfying bowls I have had are with my worst herbs. And even those were good... just really exposed my herbs.

I gotta think your unit is bad, as I have had nothing but tasty bowl after tasty bowl all weekend.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are

So you're "only speaking from your own experience" but that still allows you to extrapolate your experience and call all of us a bunch of "Kool Aid drinkers" for liking the FF? Sounds like you think you can speak from our experience as well. (Which, no, you can't.)

Those of us who enjoy the FF don't have to prove anything to you. Sorry you don't like yours, but that's not how life, or varying opinion, works.

Sh4dy15

Bottom line is if you are not getting nice, thick, dense vapor clouds the machine is not doing a good job.

This is just a weird post because you sound so definitive yet I can tell you I personally am getting nice thick dense vapor clouds.

Not to mention this comment is incorrect because you are making a mistake I see a lot of people making in thinking that visible vapor = efficiency when that is just not true.

If you want to believe that go right on ahead but effect is all that matters in terms of efficiency and whether or not "the machine is doing its job". And if you were not getting any effect from this than your unit was either defective or you were doing something wrong :)

NoCo970

the only slightly dissatisfying bowls I have had are with my worst herbs.

I heavily second that. The only bad experiences I have had with my FF are from bunk bud. I really suggest trying different kinds of strains with the FF, if you're in current ownership of one. I love indica and have found indica strains will give you some of the best bowls too.

NoCo970,

Kermitt

Vaposhop seems to have the FF2 in stock :-) I hope they send my pre-order soon, I can't wait;-)

Kermitt,

greenextinguisher

I don't think people realize it yet, but for a device like this to be really great portably, it needs to easily be charged from an external battery. Like the one that powers your smartphone that died from playing too much pokemon.

I thought this at first too and it almost made me pass up the FF2 in favor of the crafty so that I could easily charge on the go. (yeah, I eventually added a crafty anyway, but not for that reason!) Now that I've had the thing for several months, I think very differently. I could be stranded on an small island for two weeks and all I'd need are the two batteries it came with. (ok, I'm not factoring in the extreme boredom of being on an island alone) The charger sits in a box in my closet and only comes out occasionally when I need it. I was able to kill batteries much faster (two-three-ish days?) as a high-temp cloud chaser, but, while that is fun, I'm usually in a low-med, med, med-high usage pattern and have seemingly bottomless batteries. I can't imagine killing two in a day, but I certainly respect anyone that can! haha. Just make sure its a real problem for you before you go nuts with the project.

You could use just about any li-ion charger directly attached to the battery. The +/- on the battery are clearly labeled. I don't know about rigging to the FF2 directly. Do you know how much of the charging process is handled by the dock vs the FF2 itself? I've not seen that discussed much. Good chargers don't just pump out a flat current and voltage until the battery melts, which I'm sure you know. I've used an old universal li-ion charger with the ff2 battery, and it worked fine, but its a lot more finicky to attach than the cradle and not usb, so not really for your purposes. I think it would be time well-spent trying to create a safe/secure adapter for the battery that could be attached to any high quality li-ion charger and its something that I've considered, but mostly out of curiosity about the batteries and their longterm health since I charge so infrequently.

Also, have you tried a rubber band to keep it on the dock on the go?

Please keep us updated and informed!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I've been told that a way to externally charge batteries is on the way later this year. I hope so, as that is my only complaint so far!

stickstones,
Reactions: kcmochris

kcmochris

I've been told that a way to externally charge batteries is on the way later this year. I hope so, as that is my only complaint so far!

If this is true and it's in the works, hope FF is reading.

Went to the ends of the internet and I now have an FF1 external charger. A note about the AC adapter: 9V, 1.2A is a pretty unique spec in the world of, say, 10 years of buying electronics and collecting all the randomness. AKA didn't have one--$ spending time (less than $15). Ended up going with a stock FF adapter off eBay -- there are universal and cheaper aftermarket options as well that I'm sure will work with those specs. Gotta say, great build quality for an external charger and charges these things in under an hour--usually faster, depending on how deep I go into a brick.

But back to the topic at hand
--it takes AC power. If they're gonna hook us up with an external for the FF2, then let's hope its USB. And this is for the sake of the USB powerbanks that @cruiser_bicycle has mentioned and on-the-go situations as have been described.

edit:
Plus, they've just produced their own quick-charging USB wall adapter.

Last edited:
kcmochris,

turk

turk
...anybody who is in s.f. and seriously wants to meet or talk...pm me...I'm retired ...I'm sure we can work something out...I do not perceive this as a "challenge"..for me this stuff is fun...the moment it stops being fun...I'm somewhere else...

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
So you're "only speaking from your own experience" but that still allows you to extrapolate your experience and call all of us a bunch of "Kool Aid drinkers" for liking the FF? Sounds like you think you can speak from our experience as well. (Which, no, you can't.)

Those of us who enjoy the FF don't have to prove anything to you. Sorry you don't like yours, but that's not how life, or varying opinion, works.
I don't want to claim however FLAVOR wize FIREFLY designed this in mind.
My SOLO is OLD however still works? (ONE of the FIRST ONES)

Last night the wine was very very AMAZING at 420.
A FIRE FLY 2 would be a nice addition.

OPULENCE + CIVILIZED = FIRE FLY 2

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I see the AC adaptor but not the external charger on the site. I'll send them some mail and ask them about it...they were on the site a few weeks ago....

Dude...I would snatch that up in a heartbeat!

Edit -- If the site I found it on is legit, I just ordered one.

Last edited:
stickstones,
Reactions: mitchgo61

kcmochris

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
The site on the post by @kcmochris looks like they still have them, and they carry the wall adapter as well.....but it's also 29.99......sheesh......

Last edited:
justvapin,
Reactions: ataxian

CroZure

I noticed that the last few bowls I have packed have been unsatisfying. I really wanted to get to the bottom of this because the FF2 was just wiped down with an alcohol wipe. My assumption is that some of the holes in the bowl were getting clogged

I turned the bowl upside down and took the paper towl with alcohol and let it sit in the bowl for 20 seconds or so to loosen up the gunk. Then I used my dental tool out to clean the bowl really good until no visable residue is remaining.

Then I turned the heat setting to concentrates and took a slow hit with nothing in the bowl. Then I used an air duster can to blow on the holes. This seemed to clear them out really well.

I packed a bowl and it blew my head off. I got at least twice as much vapor as my bowl pack prior to cleaning. It reminded me of when I took my first hit of the firefly 2 when it was new.

This is the bowl after cleaning. I have had it for almost 10 weeks now and vaped a whole lot out of the FF2. Hopefully this will help out some folks that are not satisfied with the piece.

Last edited:

mitchgo61

nice find @kcmochris ! @justvapin - it looks like that is the price everywhere. The place were I got it had the charger, adapter, free shipping and a 10% discount. It's a good deal if they actually have it!

FF says they are out of stock, and not sure when they're next available (they are re-tooling the product, which, my assumption, may mean it's the same one they'll market for both versions of the FF). So it sounds like you did the right thing jumping on this order...sounds like it'll be at least a few weeks before they have them again.

Glad you found it somewhere...felt a teeny bit guilty getting you excited about it only to find it out of stock. :bang::p

mitchgo61,

jim-bob

@CroZure - you've just inspired me to do the same with my FF2. Thanks!

edit: HOLY SHIT THANK YOU. I think i'd overpacked concentrate a few too many times, it hits insane now! Like I'm getting hits on med high that i'd typically only expect on high.

Last edited:
Just received my FF2 and am setting it up.
I downloaded the app and it appeared on my iPhone and iPad.
I connected using my iPad, renamed it and the app works fine.
Can you have the FF2 connected on both the iPhone and iPad at the same time or do you have to choose?

Last edited:
shamethedevil,
Reactions: NoCo970

blue80217

blue80217
Loving my FF2. At first, like all vapes, it took a while to dial in. Shit, now I am getting huge clouds. A packed bowl makes all the difference in flow and your hits. The looser, smaller bowls produce massive bowls.
I had my ff2 for 3 weeks and I think something is wrong with it ,I cant get anything out once the mouthpiece fell out i could not get it to work,I smell a bad taste or some kind of a chemical smell and it gets real real hot I'm going to send it back to vapeworld told me it would take about 2 to 3 weeks I hope I can get a new one because there's definitely something wrong with it I don't like the mouthpiece either

blue80217,

mitchgo61

Can you have the FF2 connected on both the iPhone and iPad at the same time or do you have to choose?

No, only one device can be connected at any given time. Connect your phone, and your ipad will not let you connect to the FF until you select DISCONNECT from your phone. (It won't even automatically switch to the new device app....it just says "unavailable" until you manually DISCONNECT from the app currently connected.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom