Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I was brushing-up something I posted in another thread for a glass-blowing combustion-fucker and figured it would be appropriate for the Extreme thread as well (and possibly helpful to extreme owners who are/know glass-blowers)

Anyhoo...

The following are ideas on how you could alter the performance of your Extreme:

MULTIPLE WHIP ADAPTER-This first one is so simple wink . It is just a glass piece the size of the glass E mouthpiece (the one without the bumps), however, it splits into two (like a T is probably easier to make, but like a Y works better wink ). You would attach this piece to two pieces of tubing that are as long as your E whip and one small piece of tubing to attach the third part of the splitter to your glass elbow. That way you could have two whips from the same vape biggrin (great for separate water tools?no need to put thumb on mouthpiece with water in them cool ). When the splitter is not in use small erasers fit in the mouthpiece of the splitter nicely. If preferred, a rake could even be made for more than two people (as people arrive, remove an eraser from a tube and pass it to them to attach to their piece)

LARGE CYCLONE BOWL-If interested in having a LARGE chamber that hardly needs to be refilled (should fit 6-7x what the Cyclone does brow ), the best design so far seems to be GonG on top and bottom (like the E) with an egg shaped chamber in the middle (the egg looks like it is a real egg, skinny side down, so the herbs fall down the wall/pressure dissipates as the egg widens towards the top/etc. This takes significantly longer to heat up than the Cyclone roll , but basically will go all day or satiate a large group thumb (and used in conjunction with the next piece provides draws that compete with the DeVerdamper in size and speed of delivery yikes ).

THICK TUBING/LESS DRAG (ELBOW)-This next accessory is an elbow that fits ? ID tubing instead of the standard ? ID tubing of the E (larger draw brow ). This works with the cyclone full to the black, but best with the egg full. So, far the best set-up seems to be a round ball instead of the test-tube that is attached to the male GonG in the E?s elbow with a ? OD tube that has a small lip at the end sticking off of the ball)

VAPORIZING OILS (GLASS BEADS)-Post #841 in the Extreme thread talks about using tiny glass beads in the Cyclone chamber for oils (works well for large/thick session?tip if using a lot of oil do not let it sit/keep drawing so it bubbles up through the beads and doesn?t drip uhoh ). Some, instead, fold a tiny piece of oven bag over an ?oil dipstick? (paperclip?) to smear oil inside of the folded piece of the oven bag, which gets dropped into the Cyclone chamber. They then wait for it he radiant heat of the chamber to make the piece of oven bag unfold. Once it does they draw until the oil is gone and the piece of oven bag just flutters around the chamber (works well for small/thin session)

SMALL CYCLONE BOWL (GLASS INSERT)-The last idea works well in conjunction with the beads idea (above this one). If you made a glass piece that looks like a stack of washers (the flat metal discs with the holes in the middle) stuck together to insert into the Cyclone bowl. This allows you to use the beads idea for smaller amounts of oils or to use PD sized amounts of herbs (without beads, of course wink ). This piece works best when the hole in this insert lines up with the hole in the bottom of the cyclone and gets slightly wider towards the top (allow slightly longer warm time wink )

TUBING CLEANING TIP (GLASS BEAD)-Oh yeah, if you use one of the softer, whitish tubings with better temperature ratings (silicone, Tygon, etc.) you can push a marble of glass slightly larger than the tubing through the pre-warmed tubing. It will fall out of the other end (into the Cyclone on a bed of herbs/beads?) with all of the oily residue that had collected in the tube in front of it (leaving the tube fairly clean wink ).

Hope this helps inspire you to make/get yourself some new pieces or inspire the development of even better ideas.

Maybe, if they become popular enough, Arizer will start to produce such accessories :rolleyes:

Sorry this post ended up being so long (let me know if you have any questions)
BS - so it turns out arizer wont sell you extreme's at wholesale unless you have a business....well that's what i think since I've been waiting two days for there reply....
That is quite an assumption to make two days after sending an e-mail (IMO). The E is fairly mass-produced (a double-edged sword IMO--available/inexpensive, but mass-produced/cheap too). It should be easy (IME) to get a wholesale order and also understandable that Arizer (Steve & Debbie) may be busy/have priorities (current customers, larger distributors, etc.). Some others have given you some great other places to contact (Max - "Ask the sellers for a deal. Arizer, vapenow, rockwise. See who's willing to give you the best volume pricing.")...SHOP AROUND ! ! !. :D
As always, this is just my :2c: . Hope it helps ;) .

Progress,

hipbilly

hey all, i finally got my extreme, man this thing is great, but i was wondering if 260c was too high of a setting? it seems to be working fine there, i just hope it is not too high of a setting. any tips greatly appreciated. peace

hipbilly,

bsandhu

max said:
Why don't you check with some dealers about volume pricing. We already have some giving 10% discounts or sale pricing.
straight from arizer they asking 225 a unit...

a little steep for me.

max said:
stickstones recommends 230-250 for version 3, depending on herb quality.
i find 230 is WAY to high for me. sure the bags are thick as fuck but its really harsh too

bsandhu,

max

Out to lunch
I'd say a 25% discount for 5 units is a good deal. I think your expectations are too high. He's not hurting for sales. Now if you wanted to buy 50 of 'em....

i find 230 is WAY to high for me. sure the bags are thick as fuck but its really harsh too
A good example of why the best answer to 'what's the best temp setting?' is 'find it on your particular unit'.

max,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
Go-Graphics said:
When I talk about resin I'm talking about what you scrap from you pipe. Yes it's gross but that's where I came from. That's where we all came from. Maybe not all of us but I'm sure 90%++ of all of us at some point in time has combusted resin.
Anyway, I'm using a crap herb with a small amount of scraped poop. Nothing special here. Just good resin and crap herb. Kabowey!! Your Lit!! Soon I'll be out of resin and only have Keif to add to my Extreme pleasure. Let me know about the grinding...
:o:uhoh::o:uhoh: WTF? Are you kidding me? Tell me he did not say this. I have been reading through all the Extreme Thread and this blew my mind. He just ruined his extreme with caca tasting combusted resin. What is the point in buying a vaporizer if your going to do this? WOW!:peace:

buddhaholic420,

blueshirts1623

I'm trying to figure out a way to put a larger elbow and tubing on mine and I also want a larger bowl. Any ideas?/

blueshirts1623,

max

Out to lunch
Larger tubing shouldn't be a problem. You might contact CD about a custom elbow joint and bowl.

max,

blueshirts1623

you mean Clear_Dome?? I ordered new tubing from US Plastics that should be arriving within the next hour or so-Silicone hopefully that works better than the tubing my extreme came with I also bought a stand for it to go on so that the air flows better thru the bottom

blueshirts1623,

Phocas

Good morning all, I have been lurking for a couple of weeks and wanted to express my thanks for all the positive information that is on this site. I want in on the fun so I decided to take the plunge and purchased an big E last night. I bought it from DieselVap because it was on the list and had a great price. I hope everything works out well. I am really nervous because I have only vaped with ghetto wood boxes no name brand vaps or anything of that sort. I didn't really like the taste but reading on here it seems that a quality vape is what I needed. I just hope my friends, family and I will like it. Again, I just wanted to thank you for all the resources and I am excited about being part of this wonderful community.

Phocas,

blueshirts1623

Welcome to the forums!!! I promise you will not be disappointed with your extreme. i bought mine in November and its really great. I think you def needed a good vape and you definitely made the right choice with the extreme in my opinion. Good luck!!! and FUCK COMBUSTION!!!!1

blueshirts1623,

max

Out to lunch
blueshirts1623 said:
you mean Clear_Dome?? I ordered new tubing from US Plastics that should be arriving within the next hour or so-Silicone hopefully that works better than the tubing my extreme came with I also bought a stand for it to go on so that the air flows better thru the bottom
Yeah. Have you looked at the 'Clear Dome glass' thread?

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=220&p=1

ClearDomeGlass@gmail.com

max,

blueshirts1623

yea but he says he doesn't have any time to do new orders right now so I guess I either have to wait him out or find somewhere else

blueshirts1623,

bsandhu

P1310519.jpg

anyone else have this problem? both ends are like that.

bsandhu,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
yes, ive gone through 2 power supply cords so far, and i finally just replaced the one on the original adapter with a thicker cord and an elbow plug, it hasnt given me any problems, i like the ergonomics of the elbow too

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Ven

Praying Mantis
buddhaholic420 said:
Go-Graphics said:
When I talk about resin I'm talking about what you scrap from you pipe. Yes it's gross but that's where I came from. That's where we all came from. Maybe not all of us but I'm sure 90%++ of all of us at some point in time has combusted resin.
Anyway, I'm using a crap herb with a small amount of scraped poop. Nothing special here. Just good resin and crap herb. Kabowey!! Your Lit!! Soon I'll be out of resin and only have Keif to add to my Extreme pleasure. Let me know about the grinding...
:o:uhoh::o:uhoh: WTF? Are you kidding me? Tell me he did not say this. I have been reading through all the Extreme Thread and this blew my mind. He just ruined his extreme with caca tasting combusted resin. What is the point in buying a vaporizer if your going to do this? WOW!:peace:
I do this all the time, it's called 'Whip Hash' in slang. This stuff will give you a great buzz, and what are you talking about 'ruined his extreme' he isn't putting it in there, he's smoking it, this stuff is all trichomes tiny enough to fit through the screen, mmm :brow:.

Infact, removing this 'caca resin' is part of basic cleaning the Extreme, even if you don't want to smoke it, save it for any smoker friends and I'm sure they'll enjoy it.

Ven,

max

Out to lunch
I believe he's talking about smoked resin, not wand hash, which isn't really 'gross', just condensed vapor.

max,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
nope hes talking about pipe tar

and ive never smoked tar and never plan to ;)

Acolyte of Zinglon,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
I was talking about pipe tar guys. It sounded like he was vaping it. Sounds nasty if you ask me. So anyways. I finally got my Extreme this weekend and I must say thank you for all the information on it. I was able to produce a pretty thick bag without preheating the herb. I just preheated the bowl for about 5 minutes. I have been playing around with it and prefer the bag right now. I must say that the taste is a little watered down compared to the Vapor Brothers, but that's a whip and I know whips usually taste thicker. The whip has not been tested enough yet. The high is so much better than with the vapor bros simply because I am able to take a huge pull from the bag in less than a second and hold it in for a very long time. I basically exhale 0 vapor. After the each hit I get this faint feeling of it going straight to my head and it sometimes feels as though I am going to black out. My lady cannot even hold the vapor for more than 10-15 seconds and has tiny lungs, but she gets pretty ripped off this and is pretty impressed. THis should be my last vaporizer for a while since I just took a nice hit with a Vapor Bros, 2 I-Inhales, and an extreme. FUCK COMBUSTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:brow::peace:

buddhaholic420,

yiuneek

Hello Fuck Combustion! :D

I have been following a ton of threads on this site for almost three months now. I figured I'd introduce myself here since I bought an Extreme (v.3) (:brow:) about a month ago. After 10 years of smoking I knew there had to be a better way. Also my lungs were in pieces. I went from pipes to joints to blunts to bongs to vaping. It has always helped with chronic headaches and nausea. I'm pretty active so I felt my damaged lungs were starting to effect my (purported) athleticism.

So I now consider myself an exsmoker and vapeing advocate and I have lots of questions. :ko:

1. I use the little black plastic thingy that comes with some hand grinders (looks like a guitar pick) to transport my freshly grinded (i use a $9.99 coffee grinder) herb to the cyclone bowl. Here is my problem. Once i have used the Extreme and the cyclone bowl is hot, the grounded bud stick to the sides of the bowl on the way down to the screen. Is there a better tool or method of moving the bud. I feel like a lot gets wasted burning up and smashed between the glass of the elbow and the cyclone bowl. It's just a little thing that gets on my nerves. :/

2. I plan to clean my glass pieces for the first time, using the alcohol honey extracting method, as soon as some replacement parts arrive. (Anyone know how long regular shipping take directly from Arizer? I'm in Florida. I emailed them so hopefully they get back to me). Does anyone know if these (http://www.vapeworld.com/store/product.php?productid=16191&cat=250&page=1) metal stir tools can also be cleaned with alcohol. I ask because they have that weird pearl top, might dissolve, not sure.

3. Lastly, i saw someone posted that arizer is coming out with some portable versions. Any news on this? And has anyone bought the battery pack for the Extreme that can share some opinion about it?

OK, sorry for the wordiness, thanks for the help. I look forward to watching this site continue to grow. And i love what's being created with vaporpedia.com, does anyone know how we can contribute articles?
OKOK, no more questions.

yiuneek
italianrastaforlife
:peace:

yiuneek,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
welcome here !! glad to get an other italian rasta ;) or you friend with marcuss ?? ...anyway I had talk about the 2 portable from arizer ....I just ask to steeve what the hell was happening with them LOL he told me that one of them will be ready soon ( I figure it is the flame powered one) ....dont worry LOL I'm suposed to be in the first to test it so I'll hit you back when I'll get news :brow:

Clear_Dome,

yiuneek

Sweeeeet. That sounds awesome, i cant wait to hear about it when you get to test them out. I do not know Marcuss, but have read many of his posts and he seems like a really cool guy (no surprise there, he's Italian! :p ).

yiuneek,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom