The Extreme Vaporizer aka V-Tower Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I also found that it takes quite awhile to test, because for me, two pinches of ground dankness gets me so ripped I can't vape much more :)
I'm still having fun "experimenting" 1 year later. :D

I'm also a fan of lower end temps and packing new bowls often. I want to vaporize the trichomes and good stuff, not the fibrous material of the plant itself. As mentioned before, a lot of commercially grown herb is likely improperly flushed and contains some fertilizer residues etc.

When a bowl is dead to me there is still a lot of vapor to be had in that herb, even without turning up the temp. Besides, even with packing a new bowl often, you still get more out of it than if you were combusting.

Keep it fresh, clean and tasty. :2c:

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
PeteYpuFF said:
I got it on ebay with free shipping not sure what it is, it says Expedited USA on the canada post im in US Pa to be exact. Just getting a bit nervous my neighbors are on crack and steal my mail on a daily bases so i waited and meet the mail man this morning and no package hopefully tommrow. If it came yesterday i might be able to find it at the local pawn shop..
You do have to sign for it. So, unless your neighbors are around and sign for it you should be fine. I got two shipments from Steve to Florida and both of them took exactly one week.

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
vapercussion said:
Ok everybody, I've had the extreme for 5 days now, and while it's absolutely superb in quality and multi functionality, there's been something turning me off- and I finally figured it out! And it's about me, not the extreme....

I had been more of a solo smoker, using a one hitter. I also like to be quick and discreet, without a lot of paraphernalia lying around, and that's where using the extreme is such a big production- it's got so many pieces (even the wall adapter is in two pieces)... count the bowl, tubing, glass stirrer, remote, grinder and you have 7 or 8 pieces to deal with- not to mention all the accessories that comes with it! If you like to be ceremonial, keeping your stuff out on a table, this unit is perfect.... if you don't keep anything out, this takes awhile from beginning to end.

I have also learned some things about myself. The balloons are cool, but I feel kind of stupid using them alone- the vapor shots are nice, but I prefer being in control over my draw. I also don't like so much distance between me and the bowl. I feel like I'm taking in too much air at the same time (inhaling slow and steady minimizes that , but still not enough) I guess what I desire is a more direct hit. I almost feel like I'm hyperventilating.

Last night, I finally tried a hit out of my Vapir mini- and while it doesn't taste nearly as good, I really enjoyed getting a direct hit without so much cool air mixed in. Finally, I need two units - home and studio- Glass on glass is the definitely way to go, and so that brings me to the Vapolution. For the $300 I spend on the extreme, I could have two Vapolutions - I'm actually thinking of selling my extreme!

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, do you think the Vapolution is better for my situation? Finally, how does it properly vape if you don't grind it fine? It seems to be the only model out there that you don't have to grind for....

Please don't chop my head off, the Extreme is !00% quality, Steve is awesome, I just want to be happy!
I hear you on the production. The Extreme is the first vaporizer I've ever had, so I don't know what the other models are like for setup. But, as I mentioned on the VaporGenie thread recently, sometimes I don't feel like going through all the motions and sometimes i don't want to be tied down to where my Extreme is. It is at these times that I love my VaporGenie. Go read that thread...I have a feeling a good portable like this might be for you; I love mine!

One of the reasons I bought the Extreme was for its stealth qualities. I can leave it out in the open with the potpourrie on top and no one is the wiser...maybe you have more savvy company. I doubt you will find another unit that you can leave this much out in the open like this one.

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Triplebaked said:
I have been experimenting with temps. I'm using very dank nugs, ground in a space case. I fill the bowl about halfway up to the black like suggested on this forum. I find that everywhere from 290 to 350 does work, but with varying tastes and efficiency. I find that the 310 to 320 range is my personal preference on the Extreme. I choose this because it seems the taste and the color of the weed go bad at the same time, meaning, there isnt any green left in the herb before the taste starts tasting like burnt popcorn. If the bowl is hot and I have friends over, I'll lower the temp to 305...if I just warm up for a quick balloon, 320 works nice. If my weed was dryer I'd probably drop 5 degrees or so, but this zone seems to be my favorite.

I also found that it takes quite awhile to test, because for me, two pinches of ground dankness gets me so ripped I can't vape much more :)

In the manual, it says the herbs are done when you can't "see or taste the vapor" anymore...however, in my experience, I find that once the taste goes bad, I can usually still SEE the vapor, but I just empty it out of my ballon or stop whipping it as soon as it tastes spent. Anyway, just thought I'd share :) I am interested in hearing others experience too so please share:) Thanks.

-TB
Thanks for the info, TBaked. I have only just begun to experiment with temps, so I will start at 310C next.

Last night I put a bowl of superfine shit on the Extreme and started at 290C for two bags. Then went to 310C for a bag and 320C for another bag. I thought it was never gonna stop putting out vapor! It did get lighter each time and the taste changed.

Before when vaping at 350C, which I have done for awhile, I was getting two bags per bowl, three tops. I am quickly becoming a fan of the lower temps!

stickstones,

Bemuse

Hi,

First post here and just wanted to say that this thread is a wealth of info if you are looking at the Extreme. I am new to vaping and was looking for my first vaporizer when I stumbled across this thread. This is the most information I have found in one spot about the Extreme and finally made the decision to order one after hearing all the positive comments. I am currently using an old vapordoc I borrowed from a friend at work and have been totally amazed by the taste and high I get from vaping (I can't believe it took me so long to look into it).

I purchased my Extreme from greatvape. I hope they are ok to order from cause I have never dealt with them before. I can't wait to get the Extreme and give it a go. I recieved conformation that it had shipped today so now it's just a matter of sitting back and vaping from the Doc till the Extreme gets here :)

I just hope I will be as impressed with it as much as I was with the VaporDoc. When I do get it I will be sure to let you all know what I think about it.

Thanks again for all the valuable info.

Bemuse,

rosstaman

Hey gang! I just found this group while searching for reviews on the Extreme. AND I received mine yesterday. Very cool vaporizer. I've been vaporizing since 1999, and have owned a Vapor Bros unit and have tried others. My experience has been that for the best flavor and healthiest hit, you do not want to see much vapor or smoke, and it should not taste burnt at all. When I used the Extreme at 350, it had a burnt flavor and a lot of vapor that bordered on looking like smoke. I find that 250 produces a sweeter flavor, and I'm still experimenting with the temp. Basically, you only want to heat the unit to vaporize the cannabinoids (THC) and the terpenoids (flavor/aroma), and very little else matters. Different temperatures affect the vaporization or burning of different parts of the herb. So you don't want to overheat and burn the flavor, because damn that's tasty shit!

But hey...it's your head, you can you what you like.

rosstaman,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Great to have some new members...welcome!

Bemuse -- looking forward to hearing what you think of the Extreme...let us know if you find a sweet spot.

rosstaman -- I'm all about what you are saying about the flavor. I'm just now starting to play with the temp. However, when I first got my unit, as documented on this site, I could not get any vapor at 250C. I will try it again at that temp to see what happens here.

stickstones,

vapercussion

Stickstones,

The problem for me was that the cool place to leave the Extreme set up with potporri (on my desk) wasn't the place I wanted to smoke (at my drumset!)

I will check out the Vaper Genie; I tried a vaperbuddy and hated it, because they told me to light an empty bowl first to get the rock warm. My mouth tasted like a bic lighter before I even started! I have a feeling you fill the bowl first....

Any advice in the best type of lighter? I know I'm off topic here so I'll stop..

vapercussion,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hi Bemuse and rosstaman ,
Always nice to see new member :D, and some other extreme user !!!I wish you'll have good time here
Enjoy !!

Clear_Dome,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
vapercussion said:
Stickstones,

The problem for me was that the cool place to leave the Extreme set up with potporri (on my desk) wasn't the place I wanted to smoke (at my drumset!)

I will check out the Vaper Genie; I tried a vaperbuddy and hated it, because they told me to light an empty bowl first to get the rock warm. My mouth tasted like a bic lighter before I even started! I have a feeling you fill the bowl first....

Any advice in the best type of lighter? I know I'm off topic here so I'll stop..
I'll respond to this in the Genie thread.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
So many new vaporists (I think marcuss coined this word :D) joining in, welcome aboard! :wave:

Also, almost all Extreme owners. This forum has to have the highest percentage of 'em anywhere. I will join you one of these days. :p

Sorry, I have to read up on all the posts, and respond later. Need to vape with a friend... Will hit some extra ones for you guys!

:cheers:

vtac,

Triplebaked

mmmmm tasty :)

I didn't like 290 yesterday, but 300 today was the tastiest balloon I ever inhaled :)

Triplebaked,

marcuss

above the clouds
everything depends on your personal taste....someone likes hot, others don't!
I like to see that any extreme user cook his plant in different temps....that because each one need some different high!It's personal....
Arizer say that 335 should be nice for everyone but i see that someone cook it at 250 that is a very low temp and some at 350 that is the max before you scorch i think.
(now i know the Extreme from the within....i open it to repair the glass tube...some temp adjustment could be done but i waiting for the parts...)
Seems that a single recepy doesn't fit every taste and this is a pro for me!

Vapercussion:
I just say that 5 days use it is not enough to say i don't like the extreme because you need a learning curve for the whip....anyway the vapolution is a great unit for his cost and very easy to deal....no grinders no tubing, just a All in wonder bowl and your lungs!

Make two people happy, sell the extreme on ebay and buy something that fits your habits!

Welcome to all the vaporists!!:cool:

marcuss,

marcuss

above the clouds
I'm happy like a child:lol::D:lol:

My new extreme has arrived right now....with all piece to repair my old one for a ridicolus price.....Steve is my man! No words....later i report my refixing!

marcuss,

vapercussion

marcuss said:
Vapercussion:
I just say that 5 days use it is not enough to say I don't like the extreme because you need a learning curve for the whip....anyway the vapolution is a great unit for his cost and very easy to deal....no grinders no tubing, just a All in wonder bowl and your lungs!

Make two people happy, sell the extreme on ebay and buy something that fits your habits!
Marcuss! It's true, I'm very much in the learning curve- last night I ran out of herb, and so revaped my "spent herb" and got BLASTED! It was great the second time around (like reheating my mom's lasagna) Here's a tip- revape the spent herb at a much lower temp with a little fresh green on top, mmmm....

Again, the unit works fantastic, I just know I won't get used to all these parts. I feel like I bought a Lexus, when I needed a Jeep!

I think I'll end up with 2 Vapolutions and a Vaper genie! Then I will sell the extreme (you get first dibs)
I have some questions I will ask you on the Vapolution thread....thanks!

vapercussion,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
marcuss said:
I'm happy like a child:lol::D:lol:

My new extreme has arrived right now....with all piece to repair my old one for a ridicolus price.....Steve is my man! No words....later i report my refixing!
Welcome back buddyy !!!yeahhhhh so ? you got 2 extreme now in your posession ??

Clear_Dome,

PeteYpuFF

well no vap yet and the canda post tracking hasent updated either today is the 7th day since it was shipped. It would take my neighbors some real set of balls to steal again from me they are all ready looking at fedral charges. For stealing my mail. I even used bait mail and caught them on video check it out! Look close my box is the one hanging lower on the wall. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Ecp3yNTkY

PeteYpuFF,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The Canada post won't update beyond its release to the USPS. After that it is just a waiting game for the USPS. Good luck!

Dig the music on your video!

stickstones,

Triplebaked

yeah, and if you go to the post office like i did early to get package before you get your slip...tell them it is usps Priority, if you say its xpresspost canada they look in the wrong place :) They assume xpresspost canada is us express but it's not, it's priority.

xpresspost took forever, I would buy it from someone else if you want it shipped quicker then thier 3 day free shipping, xpresspost took mine 6 days.

I think Ill try 295 next, but 300 was amazing with this particular herb i am experimenting with. I could actually taste vapor sugar :)

Triplebaked,

PeteYpuFF

Triplebaked said:
yeah, and if you go to the post office like i did early to get package before you get your slip...tell them it is usps Priority, if you say its xpresspost canada they look in the wrong place :) They assume xpresspost canada is us express but it's not, it's priority.

xpresspost took forever, I would buy it from someone else if you want it shipped quicker then thier 3 day free shipping, xpresspost took mine 6 days.

I think Ill try 295 next, but 300 was amazing with this particular herb i am experimenting with. I could actually taste vapor sugar :)
How did you know that it was at your post office before you got the slip was it updated on usps site the night before?

PeteYpuFF,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
PeteYpuFF said:
well no vap yet and the canda post tracking hasent updated either today is the 7th day since it was shipped. It would take my neighbors some real set of balls to steal again from me they are all ready looking at fedral charges. For stealing my mail. I even used bait mail and caught them on video check it out! Look close my box is the one hanging lower on the wall. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Ecp3yNTkY
hahaha it's always fun to watch some good ol crack head video !!!! ....but less fun for your mail :/

Clear_Dome,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
today I have test some diferent temp. to vap with the extreme and my sweet spot is around 310C-325C ...under 310 the vapor is too light for me .

but I realy recommend to start it at 350C and let sit the bowl on it for at least 5min and after set your vap temp.

Clear_Dome,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I just vaped some superfine herb at 315C and got one bag of the thickest vapor I have ever seen. I'm not sure how much more vape I will get out of it because I am super rocked right now and may not make it to another bag.

I don't ever remember getting this baked before! This is what it's all about, baby!

YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

stickstones,

lil weezy

ok, i just got my extreme in today. is it just me, or wasnt i supposed to get a 'tough bowl' in the package (i believe the demonstrational video said that one will be included; instead, i got two of the normal bowls). I havent used it yet... still waiting till i get off work before i get baked =)

lil weezy,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
stickstones, That's about how I felt last night. :D

marcuss, hell yeah! You have a monopoly on Extremes in Italy. Let us know what you find inside!

I'm wondering how much variance in reported temperature exists between Extreme units... Then again that's just 1 variable.

High again to all the new vaporists!

vtac,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom