The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
About the bag. 230C and elbow pack works perfect for me. The key is to pack it just right, not too tight nor loose.

I got the Vape Exhale bowl Seek recomended. The ELB bowl fits perfectly into the elbow. It needs a bit higher temps though (240C in my case). I don't think it's better then cyclone/elbow pack alone. It might make more sense when directly over the heater. ELB bowl gets sticky really quickly and is a pain to fill. Nice for kif . I'm yet to experiment more in the upcoming weeks.

I still have not heard from my local glass company, I might have to call them since they stoped answering my emailes two weeks ago :D.

Are you using the ELB/elbow in combination with the DDave f/f/ adapter? IMO that's needed for closer proximity to the heat.

Also, over in Cloud-land, I've never seen anyone report the ELB getting sticky or being a pain to fill. What are you loading, how much, and with what tool? The ELB is not going to perform as well in the Q because there is no turbulence in the airflow (for which the ELB was designed), but still it shouldn't be difficult.

Last edited:
oldiebutgoodie,

YetAnotherUsername

Youngster vaporist
The f/f adapter is what I am waiting for, though now that I have been waiting for about a month I am not so sure if I need it. If turning up the temp works, why fix it...

About the ELB. I put some kif and maybe 0.5 g of some mids (not at once). I see the resin from the inside, as well as a lot of particles I have no way of reaching for. It is indeed nice to just pack and shake, but I feel like there is more issue with all the resin inside then its worth. Cyclone is hassle free, hmm..

Like I said I still have to experiment, I only had some party leftovers. When I harvest I will scale all the buddha I dry and play!

YetAnotherUsername,

oldiebutgoodie

The f/f adapter is what I am waiting for, though now that I have been waiting for about a month I am not so sure if I need it. If turning up the temp works, why fix it...

About the ELB. I put some kif and maybe 0.5 g of some mids (not at once). I see the resin from the inside, as well as a lot of particles I have no way of reaching for. It is indeed nice to just pack and shake, but I feel like there is more issue with all the resin inside then its worth. Cyclone is hassle free, hmm..

Like I said I still have to experiment, I only had some party leftovers. When I harvest I will scale all the buddha I dry and play!

If just turning up the heat a bit did the equivalent of the mods, then have a helluva lot of folks wasted a lot of time and bucks? . . . I suppose that's a question for @DDave et al.

About the ELB . . . as you said, you'll need to experiment some because the ELB is designed for the Cloud, and therefore there are features about it you can't utilize with the Q. And it does seem - pls, no offense meant - that you are unfamiliar with it. Perhaps these general guidelines will help . . . usually less is more, fill it ~1/4-1/3, which should work out to .1-1.5g. Never pack it, just tap the bottom lightly a couple times. If you put loose kief in it, the powder will clog the pores; mix the kief with flowers or use a "mini-ELB". An ELB needs to be cleaned after each use; Cloud owners use various little brushes which will remove the plant particles (I use a mascara brush that you can get free/ for a few cents at a Dept store). After several uses, the ELB needs an ISO rinse. Similarly, we use a lot of different methods to fill the ELB: Those who like very small loads just take a pinch from the grinder, some use a paper wedge similar to that used with other vapes, most have a little spoon tool of some kind (I use a kitchen "smidge" size spoon which scoops into the ELB perfectly).

I'm not necessarily advocating for using the ELB with the Q, but if @Seek is doing so given how exceptionally well he knows both the Q and the Cloud, I would think that there must be something to it.

Last edited:
oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: DDave

YetAnotherUsername

Youngster vaporist
After all the modding I've done I can say the most improving mod is just using vapexhale ELB as a bowl.
You can playce it anywhere in the air path where it can fit (usually the elbow) and it will make a HUGE improvement in ease of use and performance (huge hits, no combustion, much better browning).
Also no mess or cornered particles anymore.
All the other mods I've done before (bowl mod, inverse hitting, screen mod...) are nothing compared to just switching to the vapexhale ELB loading system.

I think I am quite familiar with EQ, it's just the language barrier that makes all this vape talk way too exhausting. I am forced to shorten my thoughts, but well I'm here to learn anyway! Thank you for your input on ELB maintance, very usefull stuff.

I must admit I have made a terrible mistake regarding the ELB - I put it all the way in the elbow, isolating it from heat.

Last edited:
YetAnotherUsername,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
If just turning up the heat a bit did the equivalent of the mods, then have a helluva lot of folks wasted a lot of time and bucks? . . . I suppose that's a question for @DDave et al.

Hey All!

I've found more of a difference in performance when using the "DDave" F/F adapter mod, than I realized initially when I tried to boost heat to the product by using the stock Arizer setup and only turning up the heat. Doing that didn't result in the performance gains I had hoped for, a quicker-more complete extraction (as my needs require quicker, stronger sessions). I had read in this thread about others grinding away the ledge that accommodates the screen on the stock Cyclone bowl, but wasn't convinced that would change the air path characteristics enough (and it required me to grind glass).

After testing the adapter, found it had a nice cyclonic effect as during draws it was easy to see the product dancing around.... This was good for long sessions, but still needed quicker.

Then another FC member suggested the use of an SSV Wand and Bingo! Had an awesome working combination. (I did try the stock cyclone bowl with the SSV Wand for grins and giggles, and good thing I was vaked ahead of time or there would have been no giggles.... as that particular setup did not perform at all, no matter the temperature!) So came to the conclusion that not only the distance from the heater, but possibly shape and thickness of glass came into play as well.

Hope this helps! :rockon:

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
YetAnotherUsername, The first listed adapter doesn't look like it would have a ledge to accommodate a screen... looks more like a straight pass-through.

The second link, second picture.... this looks more like the F/F we seek!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/18MM-FEMALE-TO-18MM-FEMALE-Glass-converter-adapter-down-stem-High-Quality-/231146327515?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35d1650ddb&_uhb=1

The correct adapter will take a fairly large screen. (Reference size of a US quarter coin).

oldiebutgoodie

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
This would be my lack of basic www browsing skills. Thanks DDave.
YetAnotherUsername, no worries. More than happy to help out!

Don't blame yourself on anything that comes from searching for this adapter. So many sellers have "borrowed" pictures of the adapter and posted as representing the item they are selling that it's very easy to be mislead.

Good Luck and if you do pursue ordering this adapter, please let us know if it is the correct one. I am trying to compile a list of sellers who can obtain the proper adapter.

Thanks and Vape On!

Justpassedu

Fc was wondering if there is a way to achieve thick vapor clouds ? I have tried the ddave adapter , the elbow pack and turning heat up a bit. While i am happy so far , id like to be able to get some big clouds like i would combusting. My Cano did this easy and i still have yet to do it with the q. Maybe bc the cano's heating element has allot more surface area than the q. I did get somewhat what i wanted but i had to put more herb in than i wanted to and when i didnt use as much i didnt get much vapor but i did get the effect from it.

Justpassedu,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
YetAnotherUsername, it does not appear to be the proper adapter. See the differences between these two photos, one is of the adapter used with the DDave Mod, the other appears to be the adapter without a ledge that would accommodate a screen. It may even be the one with a center ring too large to allow the adapter to fully seat on the heater cover.

Incorrect adapter
9NyivA5.jpg

Correct adapter.
TAIZEGl.jpg

Hope this helps and good luck in this quest! As time permits, I will continue to search sources for these adapters.

Vape On!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
read a lil go only a few pages back and you will see the one i purchased on ebay wich was like $9 and works , i also have pics up of it. Buy it and you'll be set.
Justpassedu, I checked your link, but the auction is over and the seller doesn't list the 18mm F/F, only the 14mm F/F he has listed currently. Is a good idea to watch the seller's listings for the reappearance of the adapter you obtained though!

Vape On!

Justpassedu

Oh didn't know they were out of stock , ill keep a eye out bc I'd like another as a spare. The 1st one from eBay looks exact to the one I got the second does not .

Justpassedu,

YetAnotherUsername

Youngster vaporist
Funny, so like you said DDave , multiply pics, one product :D On second thought the out-of-stock one is just taller.

Damn. I want to buy this adapter, I really do. 30$ with shipping, damn, that's better be worth it! I now use the elbow pack, cyclone, ELB and the mini ELB. I think I've seen one more bowl mod, smth between the ELB and the mini ELB? Anyway this setup is amazing, clouds are really, really thick, extraction is amazing. I worked one of my cyclone bowls and I think it should improve the ELB performance even further.

If it ain't broken, should I fix it :D?

On a side note: I am really, really glad I bought the EQ. I use it with my bubbler so it's a hit & hit & run kind of ritual. Milk, flavor, exhale, red eyes. Very quick yet satisfying. This weekend I threw a party for about 20 people, at least 10 were vaping (normal users, no real tolerance but not kids). It took us about 5 hours to elbow hit through 2g of sensi. Very, very impressive. Very cheap party as well :D Impossible without a vape. The ease of use IME even beats smoking. Just inhale and remember about the carb. No ash, no rolling, no mess, no burns. Clean experience. Thank you Arizer.

Last edited:
YetAnotherUsername,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Funny, so like you said DDave , multiply pics, one product :D On second thought the out-of-stock one is just taller.

Damn. I want to buy this adapter, I really do. 30$ with shipping, damn, that's better be worth it! I now use the elbow pack, cyclone, ELB and the mini ELB. I think I've seen one more bowl mod, smth between the ELB and the mini ELB? Anyway this setup is amazing, clouds are really, really thick, extraction is amazing. I worked one of my cyclone bowls and I think it should improve the ELB performance even further.

But if it ain't broken, should I fix it :D?

On a side note: I am really, really glad I bought the EQ. I use it with my bubbler so it's a hit & hit & run kind of ritual. Milk, flavor, exhale, red eyes. Very quick yet satisfying. This weekend I threw a party for about 20 people, at least 10 were vaping (normal users, no real tolerance but not kids). It took us about 5 hours to elbow hit through 2g of sensi. Very, very impressive. Very cheap party as well :D

$30 is a bit steep.... for that kind of $, I'd wait for someone to confirm a seller before ordering one!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Just got my adaptor!

jiilBoX.jpg

I will say with this one the ssv wand is a very tight fit and can be hard to get out.

Also only received one after ordering two. Have contacted seller...

Nice!

Mine sticks when I first ISO clean all the glass. Have taken previous advice of the smallest amount of bees wax on the wand ground glass and keeps mine unstuck till the next cleaning.

Top Bottom