The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

loadthetrenchdawg

i would think you are going to have to rinse that bag a shit-ton of times to get that soap taste out.

i had no idea volcano bags came in rolls...hmmm a 10ft balloon you say??? i wonder if i can fill it with one packed cyclone with some hash on top.....:spliff:

I've done it with a cano, but never with my EQ. Me thinks its time i really put my EQ's bag blowing capabilities to the test!

loadthetrenchdawg,
Reactions: shadycheeba

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Just to clarify, for pistol and myself, there are a few sizes that are very close that fit just as snug. Pretty sure I've read that in this thread a while back?

Edit: More question than statement.

I guess you're right, just read this on my original tubing: Kuri Tec Klearon K010 by Kuriyama 5/16" I.D. x 7/16" O.D.

In fact, I'm still using my original DBV tubing, which is much more flexible than the Kuri Tec and in fact larger at 3/8" ID x 1/2" OD.

Vaporisateur,

goatgobaahh

i had no idea volcano bags came in rolls...hmmm a 10ft balloon you say??? i wonder if i can fill it with one packed cyclone with some hash on top.....:spliff:

Yes my friend yes you can!

Funny you should ask, I just tried using the bag I cleaned. I filled it a third of the way or so with hot water and added just a tiny bit of antibacterial soap shook it and let it soak overnight. Rinsed it out good, let it air out for a couple days, seemed good. Not sticky, no smell, just tried it...I FAIL. I can taste the soap, bout to go rinse the bag some more...I'll let you know if I ever get the soap taste out. :doh:

Try lukewarm water and Iso alcohol, but I would spend $10 on a volcano bag and toss the one you have now. By all means try it I hope it works = )

EDIT: Just checked my alerts and quoted didn't see this new page sorry!

goatgobaahh,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Just to clarify, for pistol and myself, there are a few sizes that are very close that fit just as snug. Pretty sure I've read that in this thread a while back?

What has enabled using different ID sizes is the durometer (elasticity) of the tubing. One member uses 1/4" silicone which was tight but still worked, another uses SSV silicone tubing which is 3/8" but still sufficiently tight. The stock pvc 5/16" is difficult because it lacks elasticity, but the 5/16" silicone posted here most often (there is a separate tubing thread, btw) works perfectly.

PistilPete

Yeah, the silicone roll that i picked up has an OD roughly the size of the ID of the original whip. It makes my tokes have a lot of "drag" to them. I tossed the original before i realized how much i disliked the new one. Looking for a flexible silicone type that's as close to the original size as i can get.
Thanks again for all the help everyone.

PistilPete,

mihastera

Hi guys! Long time lurker first time poster here.
Been lurking around the forums about vaping, trying to learn everything there is to know. Just recently acquired my Extreme Q and I have to say this thing is a beast! I cant compare it with anything since this is my first vaporizer, but the amount of herbs i save using this is just astounding! I'm completely converted! This forum is just full of amazing information!

Thanks a lot!

hoptimum

Hi guys! Long time lurker first time poster here.
Been lurking around the forums about vaping, trying to learn everything there is to know. Just recently acquired my Extreme Q and I have to say this thing is a beast! I cant compare it with anything since this is my first vaporizer, but the amount of herbs i save using this is just astounding! I'm completely converted! This forum is just full of amazing information!

Thanks a lot!

welcome to the forum, there's a wealth of info on the popular Extreme Q on here.

hoptimum,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
i took the EQ to hang out w/ some friends last week.. this is a sweet group vape... they all combust so i had the temp up at 225-230 and filled the cyclone up.. that temp slowed them down a little bit ha.. i'm glad it was impressive.. most people i know aren't impressed w/ vapes for some reason. that's why i had the temp up like that.:ko:

since the UD i haven't used the EQ as much but its nice for if i want to have a really solid session... or a group session.. where i don't want to re-pack and dump ABV all the time...

goatgobaahh

After a year of HEAVY DAILY USE I have come up with a...

EQ REPLACEMENT PARTS LIST
  • Elbow adapter for balloons and tube (broke while stepped on)
  • Heater Ceramic (broke while dropped)
  • Silicone tubing
  • Elbow screen packed (clogged with melted keif)
  • Replacement bags (sticky with resin)
Not all that bad when you think about how much I have used this BEAST of a machine!! I also have my MFLB which is my portable and this is my desktop vape. I almost never go portable anyways :cool:

Warning: I am about to ask a question to which I did no individual research, spent no effort, and spent no time looking for the answer. I warn you ahead of time because I know it bothers some people (myself included). So feel free not to read beyond this sentence!

The sentence after this one!!

Does anyone know where to get these parts for cheap? Arizer's website seems a little expensive!

Keep tokin :leaf:

loadthetrenchdawg

After a year of HEAVY DAILY USE I have come up with a...

EQ REPLACEMENT PARTS LIST
  • Elbow adapter for balloons and tube (broke while stepped on)
  • Heater Ceramic (broke while dropped)
  • Silicone tubing
  • Elbow screen packed (clogged with melted keif)
  • Replacement bags (sticky with resin)
Not all that bad when you think about how much I have used this BEAST of a machine!! I also have my MFLB which is my portable and this is my desktop vape. I almost never go portable anyways :cool:

Warning: I am about to ask a question to which I did no individual research, spent no effort, and spent no time looking for the answer. I warn you ahead of time because I know it bothers some people (myself included). So feel free not to read beyond this sentence!

Does anyone know where to get these parts for cheap? Arizer's website seems a little expensive!

Keep tokin :leaf:

Ebay<FC sponsors< Retailer Usually how it goes. Ebay/amazon/all those are a bit of a hassel to track down all the things you need sometimes though. Check for FC coupons!

loadthetrenchdawg,
Reactions: goatgobaahh

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . .Warning: I am about to ask a question to which I did no individual research, spent no effort, and spent no time looking for the answer. I warn you ahead of time because I know it bothers some people (myself included). So feel free not to read beyond this sentence!

Does anyone know where to get these parts for cheap? Arizer's website seems a little expensive

So you think that an advance warning gets you off the hook? Off with his head! :goon:

Heater ceramic; AFAIK gotta go to Arizer for that.
Elbow adapter & screen; usually come as a kit, compare eBay/Amazon with FC retailers/discount
Tubing; the last few pages this thread, plus it has its own thread. Watch out for shipping cost.
Bags; oven roasting bags at market, Volcano bag roll cut to size

leeds

Hi, long time weed smoker only on weekends now. Only found out about vaporizers yesterday and planning to buy one asap the extreme q seems to have really good reviews and erring towards this one.

Real newbie question. Don't think I'd use the bags much and would prefer the whip but is this on demand? Ie could I get everything ready take say a few drags then leave it 15 minutes take another few drags etc just like I would with a joint? Without wasting any vapour/bud? Is the vapour produced only when the fan is turned on forcing it out or when I am dragging on the pipe? Thanks in advance for any replies

leeds,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Yes t
Real newbie question. Don't think I'd use the bags much and would prefer the whip but is this on demand? Ie could I get everything ready take say a few drags then leave it 15 minutes take another few drags etc just like I would with a joint? Without wasting any vapour/bud? Is the vapour produced only when the fan is turned on forcing it out or when I am dragging on the pipe? Thanks in advance for any replies

Yes to all your questions.

Vaporisateur,

max

Out to lunch
leeds said:
Don't think I'd use the bags much
Then if I were you I'd go for a dedicated whip model, like the SSV or DBV. You'll get more vapor per hit with one of those, or a Vapor Bros. for that matter. The E has a big bowl and those wanting richer hits with it usually load the elbow screen and use that for a bowl. The E, along with the herbalAire, are great dual mode vapes, but if you're only going to use direct draw, the whip only models are usually preferred.

hoptimum

Then if I were you I'd go for a dedicated whip model, like the SSV or DBV. You'll get more vapor per hit with one of those, or a Vapor Bros. for that matter. The E has a big bowl and those wanting richer hits with it usually load the elbow screen and use that for a bowl. The E, along with the herbalAire, are great dual mode vapes, but if you're only going to use direct draw, the whip only models are usually preferred.

Agreed. Also, the Extreme Q takes at least 10 minutes to heat up properly whereas the SSV and DBV are good to go in 5 minutes or less. It might not seem like much, but waiting for your vaporizer to heat up can be annoying.

hoptimum,

leeds

Thanks for the advice, can't believe I've only just found out about them should have had one years ago!

Am I dismissing the bag option too easily? I like to chill with a joint taking drags whenever I want so just thought a whip would be the closest thing to this. Its down to da Buddha or extreme q now, so da Buddha will give me better hits and is the best whip only model?

I'm in UK extreme q is £150, on eBay looks like dbv is only available from american sellers and will be about £140. I'm in Orlando in 2 weeks will also be visiting Miami and Daytona beach is there any shops in those areas I can buy the dbv for cheaper? I've googled but can't find anything.

leeds,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Thanks for the advice, can't believe I've only just found out about them should have had one years ago!

Am I dismissing the bag option too easily? I like to chill with a joint taking drags whenever I want so just thought a whip would be the closest thing to this. Its down to da Buddha or extreme q now, so da Buddha will give me better hits and is the best whip only model?

I'm in UK extreme q is £150, on eBay looks like dbv is only available from american sellers and will be about £140. I'm in Orlando in 2 weeks will also be visiting Miami and Daytona beach is there any shops in those areas I can buy the dbv for cheaper? I've googled but can't find anything.

Just do a google search for "head shop near miami" or near the address you'll be staying. You'll get plenty of results! Your DBV is a phone call away...

Vaporisateur,
Top Bottom