The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

hoptimum

i think my bong openings are the smaller kind 14mm not 18 i cant get elbow to fit in ajy of my bong openings

i dont have a local headshop anywhere to order cheap $5 gong online so i can use the eq with my fake china roor bong

pic of my bong below
roor-bong-15-f4dd.jpg

you can try running the plastic EQ tubing into your 14mm bong downspout.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Tubing directly into 14mm gong should work. You can also get a 14mm vape adapter. They're everywhere! I know... sometimes kind of hard to find. This is one cheap source: oregonglassblower on ioffer. $19 incl s/h. He sometimes has some with tubing connector at 90 degrees, and will do whatever you need custom for pretty cheap if you ask.

To clean glass there is a good bit of info throughout this thread. Do a search for this thread only on cleaning (Search function above on right). This thread also has tons of good info: How to clean vape parts and reclaim resin.

Forget about the scraping and toiling, though. Short answer is get yourself some Isopropyl alcohol (aka ISO) in 90% strength or better. Soak all glass and screens in that for an hour or so and rinse. Might need a quick scrub with an old toothbrush, but will rinse clean. If you want to reclaim your resin, use as little alcohol as possible and evaporate the alcohol off. SEE THE LINK FOR MORE INFO!! Best not to try this without reading a little if you don't want to risk alcohol poisoning.

You could do the same with your tubing, but I don't. Seems like it would be a real pain in the ass!! I replace mine as needed. One trick I found on FC years ago that tried a few times... Get yourself a wire coat hanger, a piece of good string longer than your tubing and a screw with a head that barely fits in the tubing (optimally will stretch it just a bit). Feed the string through the tubing with the coat hanger (after bending it straight). Tie the screw tightly to the string and pull it back through slowly while working it through best you can from the outside. The screw head will squeegee a good bit of the resin out. Scrape that golden goo off and vape it up!!

For the most part, the tubing only gets ganked up at the end next to the Q, so I usually snip that inch or so off when it gets too gooey. As the tube starts getting too short (or too dirty all the way through), just replace it.

Whatever else you do - GET SOME SILICON TUBING!!!! You will probably enjoy it much more than the stock pvc crap. Make sure you get med grade silicon. It has virtually no smell or flavor and is much more flexible (so you don't push your glass off the table with the rigid tubing!). It can be had on Amazon and a few other places and has been referenced, linked, etc throughout this thread more times than I dare count!

So..... learn to use the search function and skim through this thread as much as you can! More info than you'll ever know what to do with! Just sit down at the computer with whip or bag in hand and start reading.

Just so all you impatient youg'ns don't blow up the thread asking about where to get silicone tubing (again!), here's the link - at least this is what I use. Amazon Silicon Tubing It can also be found other places in other lengths, but IMO this is the best bang for the buck incl s/h. 25' lasts me a couple years of nearly daily moderate vaping. Or... a few who are looking for it may want to pool together and split it. You only need a couple of feet at a time.

EDIT: Way2.... missed your post before posting mine but was glad to see you suggested oregonglassblower, too!

PugglePO

Thanks for the
Tubing directly into 14mm gong should work. You can also get a 14mm vape adapter. They're everywhere! I know... sometimes kind of hard to find. This is one cheap source: oregonglassblower on ioffer. $19 incl s/h. He sometimes has some with tubing connector at 90 degrees, and will do whatever you need custom for pretty cheap if you ask.

To clean glass there is a good bit of info throughout this thread. Do a search for this thread only (Search function above on right). This thread has tons of good info too: How to clean vape parts and reclaim resin.

Forget about the scraping and toiling, though. Short answer is get yourself some Isopropyl alcohol (aka ISO) in 90% strength or better. Soak all glass and screens in that for an hour or so and rinse. Might need a quick scrub with an old toothbrush, but will rinse clean. If you want to reclaim your resin, use as little alcohol as possible and evaporate the alcohol off. SEE THE LINK FOR MORE INFO!! Best not to try this without reading a little if you don't want to get alcohol poisoning.

You could do the same with your tubing, but I don't. Seems like it would be a real pain in the ass!! I replace mine as needed. One trick I found on FC years ago that tried a few times... Get yourself a wire coat hanger, a piece of good string longer than your tubing and a screw with a head that barely fits in the tubing. Feed the string through the tubing with the coat hanger (after bending it straight). Tie the screw tightly to the string and pull it back through slowly while working it through best you can from the outside. The screw head will squeegee a good bit of the resin out. Scrape that golden goo off and vape it up!!

For the most part, the tubing only gets ganked up at the end next to the Q, so I usually snip that inch or so off when it gets too gooey. As the tube starts getting too short (or too dirty all the way through), just replace it.

Whatever else you do - GET SOME SILICON TUBING!!!! You will probably enjoy it much more than the stock pvc crap. Make sure you get med grade silicon. It has virtually no smell or flavor and is much more flexible (so you don't push your glass off the table with the rigid tubing!). It can be had on Amazon and a few other places and has been referenced, linked, etc throughout this thread more times than I dare count!

So..... learn to use the search function and skim through this thread as much as you can! More info than you'll ever know what to do with! Just sit down at the computer with whip or bag in hand and start reading.

Just so all you impatient youg'ns don't blow up the thread asking about where to get silicone tubing (again!), here's the link - at least this is what I use. Amazon Silicon Tubing It can also be found other places in other lengths, but IMO this is the best bang for the buck incl s/h. 25' lasts me a couple years of nearly daily moderate vaping. Or... a few who are looking for it may want to pool together and split it. You only need a couple of feet at a time.

EDIT: Way2.... missed your post before posting mine but was glad to see you suggested oregonglassblower, too!
information very helpful post

PugglePO,
what temp did u vape with the cotton swab at?

can the cotton not cacch fire?

200-210c and so far the cotton has not ignited, anything past 210c may cause the cotton to ignite. I pack just the cotton in the elbow screen and the cotton still comes out mostly white except where the residue was.

VapeAir 2000,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
iv'e used the cotton inside the cyclone bowl, at 250 for bags... it got a little tanned at the very bottom surface after like 3 bags.. nothing that worried me though.. not a fan of the cotton i'd rather avoid it.. but its works fine even at 250c IME.. never used it for more than 30 mins though

Buildozer,

PugglePO

cant get proper vapor from tube into bong might have soemthing to do with the bong being crap, seems like no vapor escaping

PugglePO,

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
Ok guys, i understand the basics for a good vaporization, and with only 6-7 days after i started to vape, i hate the fucking combustion, and i love the vaporization!
But one big problem remains, the taste...
The weed taste practically the same with very different strains (cheap street weed, good quality street weed, northern lights and blueberry cheese from adam)!
I understand that i'm still learning, but i repeat to all of you: why on earth i have the exact, same, identical taste from very very very different strains? and i reapeat again, with a joint, i taste 4 different flavour... why with a vaporizer i don't taste the same difference in flavour?
And as I thought before making the purchase, it would be better if I had taken the Arizer solo!
Lower learning curve, less maintenance, and is much more comfortable if you watch a movie lying in bed, without having to get up every 3-4 shots to stir and clean the elbow or the cyclone, this is my big mistake!
I'm too lazy for taking care of the EQ, the clean, the stir, the learning curve etc., with a solo, i have the only positive things of vaporization...but for now i'm still in love of my EQ, but the solo will be my next purchase!
Thanks to all of you guys for the long and helpfull response!

Wolf46,

FrogBoy138

Ok guys, i understand the basics for a good vaporization, and with only 6-7 days after i started to vape, i hate the fucking combustion, and i love the vaporization!
But one big problem remains, the taste...
The weed taste practically the same with very different strains (cheap street weed, good quality street weed, northern lights and blueberry cheese from adam)!
I understand that i'm still learning, but i repeat to all of you: why on earth i have the exact, same, identical taste from very very very different strains? and i reapeat again, with a joint, i taste 4 different flavour... why with a vaporizer i don't taste the same difference in flavour?
And as I thought before making the purchase, it would be better if I had taken the Arizer solo!
Lower learning curve, less maintenance, and is much more comfortable if you watch a movie lying in bed, without having to get up every 3-4 shots to stir and clean the elbow or the cyclone, this is my big mistake!
I'm too lazy for taking care of the EQ, the clean, the stir, the learning curve etc., with a solo, i have the only positive things of vaporization...but for now i'm still in love of my EQ, but the solo will be my next purchase!
Thanks to all of you guys for the long and helpfull response!

I would think the Solo and the Q are very similar in most ways. Maybe start saving for something really fantastic. Or you could ride it out with the Q and save a ton of money.

FrogBoy138,

way2

What temp are you using? For me the taste/flavor between smoking and vaping is miles apart. I'm getting way more flavor vaping and can certainly taste a distinctly different flavor from a different strain. Perhaps you are cranking up the temp and sacrificing flavor for thicker vapor? Are you using water? IMO At the start of a bowl I think the water steals a bit of the flavor but makes it taste much better at the end (no burnt popcorn). Im also not sure you'd get ”better” flavor from a Solo but I don't own one so I may be wrong on that...

way2,

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
yes frog, the solo and the eq are similar in many ways, but it's obviusly that the solo request less maintenance and clean, the price is almost the same, idem for the vapor/taste quality.
plus, it is portable, much less warm up time (2-3 minutes against 25-30 for an optimal warmup), and i can take with me if i want...and no power cable or other limits for a all courts home use (if you understand what i'm saying)!
the inhalers xp and the ascent are too difficult to buy in europe, but the solo is available on ebay for a good price with 2 extra glass steam gift.
for way2: for now i'm start vaping at 160/165 c, then i up the temp to 5 grade at time, 170,175,180 etc... and i dont use water bong, i hate the bong in all the way it exist.
So for now i dont understant the non-differential flavour form various strains...it's not a bad taste, but he is the exact same for all the weed that i have...

Wolf46,

cellardoor

yes frog, the solo and the eq are similar in many ways, but it's obviusly that the solo request less maintenance and clean, the price is almost the same, idem for the vapor/taste quality.
plus, it is portable, much less warm up time (2-3 minutes against 25-30 for an optimal warmup), and i can take with me if i want...and no power cable or other limits for a all courts home use (if you understand what i'm saying)!
the inhalers xp and the ascent are too difficult to buy in europe, but the solo is available on ebay for a good price with 2 extra glass steam gift.
for way2: for now i'm start vaping at 160/165 c, then i up the temp to 5 grade at time, 170,175,180 etc... and i dont use water bong, i hate the bong in all the way it exist.
So for now i dont understant the non-differential flavour form various strains...it's not a bad taste, but he is the exact same for all the weed that i have...

Are you using bags or the whip? I've found that the best way to taste my strains is low temperature vaping with the whip, silicone tubing is ideal too because the standard whip (as everyone always mentions) leaves a plastic taste.

cellardoor,

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
I use the whip at very low temperature!
Maybe the problem is the pvc tube?
Where i can find a high quality silicone tube for my EQ? europe seller (amazon or headshop) or ebay of course!
But i read soo many topic, and the people enjoyed the eq with the standar pvc tube...why isn't my case...sob...

Wolf46,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . . for now i'm start vaping at 160/165 c, then i up the temp to 5 grade at time, 170,175,180 etc... and i dont use water bong, i hate the bong in all the way it exist. So for now i dont understant the non-differential flavour form various strains...it's not a bad taste, but he is the exact same for all the weed that i have...

Have you tried experimenting with high temps, ~230C as I suggested earlier? You have been a very heavy combustion user with a high tolerance. That will make the transition to vaporizing more of a challenge. By vaping at a higher temp, you will be consuming most of the canniboid compounds in the herb all at once, as you do with combustion (there are approx 100 canniboids in the herb). Vaping at temps <190C will miss some CBD's. Starting with a high temp is a good technique for nursing oneself away from combustion.

Additionally - and this could be a major factor - you are accustomed to a particular extra taste. If you've been smoking joints @2-3g a day, it may easily take a while for your taste buds to adjust back to normal. This is because combustion creates pyrolysis, the total decomposition of the plant that you see as smoke, ash, and tars. You also feel and taste the effect from gases created such as benzenes. Burning the paper with a joint adds yet more. In short, combustion distorts the natural flavor of whatever herb you consume, and the more you smoke, the longer the time, the greater the distortion. (Tobacco smokers often experience the same thing, and undergo a similar unpleasant taste/effects transition after stopping.)

Vaporizing is very different. All the tastes and effects from pyrolysis are gone. The new taste - the real taste - is cleaner, more pure, lighter. I would stay away from water for now (forget what you've experienced with water/smoking; using water is a different game with vapor) because diffusion can dilute taste (varies a lot depending on the glass piece) and you don't need that now. Switching to silicone tubing will help a little, as pvc does have a slight smell. But mostly IMO you want to vaporize as thoroughly as possible, making the hits more similar to combustion, while at the same time recognizing and being patient with your body adjusting to no longer smoking. Over time, work down the temp scale. But for now, you are probably missing the lower-temp vapor subtleties because of what you have been accustomed to.

:myday: . . . :2c:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Damn, Wolf - that sucks! I did a quick look for tubing in Italy and couldn't find anything. Me not speaking Italian probably didn't help!

For temps, I like 185 - 190 for best taste. Maybe, try a bag using a very short piece of tubing between Q & bag. Bag/balloon could be easier in bed or lying back, too. Seems kind of odd that you aren't tasting differences in different strains. I still smoke (yeah, I know!), and 185 on Q gives me much better flavor differentials than ANY other method. This is how I check out everything I get for taste & buzz comparisons. I think it gets the THC pretty well, and not much else.

I would also try doing loads at only 185 to find if you see differences. Just set the ABV aside. You can still re-vape it at higher temps later and not miss much. I'd suggest you do that within 24 hours or so, though.

Wish I could just give you a link for the tubing. What you want is food grade silicone (NSF 51 here in States) 5/16" (8mm +/-) ID x 7/16" OD (11mm +/-). Inside size more important and size not super critical. I've used 1/4" (6mm +/-) with no issues other than it being a bit tight on fittings. So, I think you'd be OK with 7-8mm inside diameter.

flotntoke,

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
Oh boys, you are soo nice that i dont believe to my eyes!
Flot, you are absolutely awesome, and i dont want that you waste your time for an italian tube tresure hunt, but i like your iniziative spirit, thanks!
For the taste factor, it's a very strange and weird situation, and no, i dont talk about the combustion taste like oldiebuthelpie says, i know the difference in taste between combustion and vaporization, i do my homework very well before the purchase of EQ!
For Oldie: i dont wanna vaporize at high temp, because if i do that, i lost the spirit of vaporization, and i starting to like the nice high from a vaporizer, is different but nice.
And i repeat again, with different strains loaded in one joint, i taste the different note of flavour from the different strains, the combustion taste doesn't count in this equation, i taste the different flavour of the weed!
So when i taste the exact herb flavour form different weed with a vaporizer, i'm start to think where the problem is, but i do all the operation that i read in this forum...and still i dont have different flavours...
The fear of wasting this very little quantity of very good quality weed that i take from amsterdam is very high...
Ok, for explain myself better, the flavour that i have from all the weed in my posses, is the same that i taste when i try to vaporize (for a very short time) with a dragon lite vaporizer, a weed flavour but not a precise flavour...
For example, the tangie dream taste like tangerine, the candy kush is very sweet, the durban poison have a particoular anice\mint flavour, with a joint i taste this fruity\sweet flavour (i use the most flavourless and lightest tobacco for rolling a joint), and with the EQ i taste a strange,fresh weedy flavour, but is exactly the same for poor street weed and northern lights\kandy kush pot from amsterdam, the difference in quality is obviusly but my EQ dont deliver to me this taste difference at all... this is all i can say for a better explanation...

Wolf46,

ipax

Oh boys, you are soo nice that i dont believe to my eyes!
Flot, you are absolutely awesome, and i dont want that you waste your time for an italian tube tresure hunt, but i like your iniziative spirit, thanks!
For the taste factor, it's a very strange and weird situation, and no, i dont talk about the combustion taste like oldiebuthelpie says, i know the difference in taste between combustion and vaporization, i do my homework very well before the purchase of EQ!
For flot: i dont wanna vaporize at high temp, because if i do that, i lost the spirit of vaporization, and i starting to like the nice high from a vaporizer, is different but nice.
And i repeat again, with different strains loaded in one joint, i taste the different note of flavour from the different strains, the combustion taste doesn't count in this equation, i taste the different flavour of the weed!
So when i taste the exact herb flavour form different weed with a vaporizer, i'm start to think where the problem is, but i do all the operation that i read in this forum...and still i dont have different flavours...
The fear of wasting this very little quantity of very good quality weed that i take to amsterdam is very high...
The Q's flavor has really sucked for me too. The pax I have gives insanely flavorful hits by comparison, but I get much higher using the EQ.

and the bag barely gets any flavor, so if thats what you're after, I wouldn't bother.

Maybe try taking hits off the mini whip (The one meant for filling bags) so that the air has less opportunity to cool/lose its flavor

ipax,

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
The short tube solution is a solution, but not the easyiest one...when i'm in the bed, this shortness kill my highness:D! i'm fucking lazy when i medicate myself:freak:... I try in any case for the taste factor, maybe the problem is really the pvc whip...thanks for the advice!
The pax is a conduction vaporizer, i prefer the solo, but the pax looks awesome!
For the taste that we have delivered from the EQ, maybe it's sucks, but 4385394058034853 users says other way...so i think that is our problem and not an Eq problem!
Sorry for my terrible english!
Oh, almost forget, i barely use the bag, so when i talking about taste\flavour, i refer the whip!
P.S. sorry, last question! if i want to vaporize an hashish piece (i have afhgan power,hunter special and red libanon...yummy:mmmm:) what should i do? what size? in the cyclone on in the elbow? how to avoid the clughiness in the filter? powder or solid? on top of a cotton ball or inside? what temperature? in short, just everything!

Wolf46,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I agree. Wait on this. Don't have a solo but used one once. It's nice, but personally I like the Q better and I think there may be some issues with later models. Am sure more on all that on the solo thread.

If you are dead set on getting a solo, check out puffitup.com. Not sure if he ships to Italy (or how much/how long), but there is an FC discount code to get one for $160US and he throws in what looks like a pretty nice grinder. Think your warranty will be good from him also.

flotntoke,

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
What type of problem has the latest solo?
By the way, i'm still a little medicate from a previous 2 hours session of blueberry cheese and maybe this time i taste a little difference in the taste, a citrus note that poor weed dont have...tomorrow i tried with candy kush...
The new portable vaporizer are the inhalers xp, the pinnacle and the ascent right?! 3 amazing toys but i have only one problem, i dont wanna pay the tax for a US purchase on ebay or site like puffitup, so i buy only vaporizer that i find on ebay europe or amazon.co.uk...also i read that the pre-order are too risky for many reason!

Wolf46,
Top Bottom