The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
Jeff you tell me that with the eq, you dont drawing sippy dippy (i think its mean slow and long) and still you have giant clouds?
But the sippy dippi draw isn't the first rule of vape?!?
Sorry for my english!

Wolf46,

keepsake

Soul Searchin`
The EQ seems to be equally as good as the DBV/SSV in the whip area.
It's more expensive because of the bag/remote feature.
Jeff says he no longer uses the bag cus it's really not thaaaat good.
So shouldnt I just buy a DBV to save some money?

Mmmmm... decision decisions.

keepsake,

jeff

I think that may be the first rule of certain vapes. I am guessing the difference is in the conduction convection. One of these vape geniuses will probably chime in with more.

All i know is all the vapes are different. It is all about technique experimentation and practice. Practice, practice, practice.

So the WISPR is a conduction vape where the chamber gets hot and transfers it's heat to the herb. You want to draw slow and sippy puffs so that you don't cool it off too much and vapor can build up.

With convection vapes like the EQ you are moving the heat source, hot air, through the material in order to vape it. So it is kind of the reverse problem and you are likely looking for a draw that is more in between a pipe and a conduction vape. If you don't suck hard enough you aren't gonna get as much vape because the hot air isn't hitting the material. Suck too hard you likely will cool it off.

I found that setting it to 375F sorry for the F instead of C. and taking relatively normal style draws produces big thick clouds. Sometimes i kind of will puff it. Like take a hard pull. pause a second take a hard pull, pause a second take a hard pull. Just to let it build heat back up. But yeah that is my new technique for the whip into my bubbler. Intially i found i was trying to suck real lite just hard enough to make it bubble and I was getting big rips. But then I realized I was babying it.

The best thing you can possibly do is try different heats and different draw techniques. There are a lot of variables in vaping. Practice makes perfect.

The EQ seems to be equally as good as the DBV/SSV in the whip area.
It's more expensive because of the bag/remote feature.
Jeff says he no longer uses the bag cus it's really not thaaaat good.
So shouldnt I just buy a DBV to save some money?

Mmmmm... decision decisions.

I like that it does both. I also just bought a new glass piece. And used the bags every day for two years so. I really like the bag. It is good for a crowd. I am just favoring my new glass. I haven't used a DBV/ssv in many years. But as i recall I like the whip on the eq better. I like that it does it all and comes with everything you need. And last i checked a EQ with coupon code is less money than a DBV or SSV. So i still bote EQ.

And I don't think the bag is really not that good. I am just not doing the bags right now. I think everyone here has some preference of bag to whip. It is not about the quality of that function just the preference of the person.

Taste will always be superior with a whip vape.

Dear Mod sorry for back to back posts. I didn't realize I did it till after it was done and have no idea how to undo it. Please do not hate me. I am sorry! Thanks! Jeff

mod note: We won't hate you as much since you noticed. Two posts merged.

jeff,

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
Good info jeff, thanks!
I'm vaping with my eq right now...elbow pack, 185 C, and start the dance!

Wolf46,

jeff

Good info jeff, thanks!
I'm vaping with my eq right now...elbow pack, 185 C, and start the dance!

Have fun. I will be on that train in a bit. Just try playing with temp, and how you draw. Worse case scenario you get baked. Key is to preheat the vape for a while with the glass on, then give at least a couple minutes warmup on bud..

jeff,

keepsake

Soul Searchin`
Thanks Jeff.
Can you link me (here or thru PM) to the site you mentioned about low prices?
I can only find it for $230 right now and that's on puffitup.com.

keepsake,

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
I know i know, i learn all about the perfect tecnique for a good vaporization with my EQ!

Wolf46,
Reactions: jeff

jeff

jeff,

keepsake

Soul Searchin`
Puffitup is where I was going to order from lol.
I just didn't know about the coupon code for $175.
I almost spent an extra $55. Thanks a lot.
Not being a dick feels good, don't it? You should always look to help ppl no matter what.
It raises your energy fields :)

keepsake,

ipax

Puffitup is where I was going to order from lol.
I just didn't know about the coupon code for $175.
I almost spent an extra $55. Thanks a lot.
Not being a dick feels good, don't it? You should always look to help ppl no matter what.
It raises your energy fields :)
I got mine from got vape for 139 with the price match. just btw :p

ipax,

way2

I used the price match thing as well. It's a good deal, but I believe the customer service at PIU far exceeds that of Got Vape. Not that I had problems of any kind with GV not trying to say stay away. It just seems to me PIU goes above and beyond :2c:

way2,

keepsake

Soul Searchin`
Do whips/tube affect taste quality in any way?
I've read a few posts that said it does but I wanted to make sure again.

Also, is there anything extra I should buy that would improve airflow (or anything for that matter)?
I don't need extra things just for cosmetic purposes... but function improvement would be worth it.

keepsake,

VAPORIZER22

I used the price match thing as well. It's a good deal, but I believe the customer service at PIU far exceeds that of Got Vape. Not that I had problems of any kind with GV not trying to say stay away. It just seems to me PIU goes above and beyond :2c:

Yea PIU rocks. You also get a free decent 4 piece grinder from them.

VAPORIZER22,

keepsake

Soul Searchin`
True, PIU is awesome. I got the Solo from them. I already received a 4pc grinder w/ that.

So I think the $35 savings with gotvape.com is a better choice for me.

way2

Also, is there anything extra I should buy that would improve airflow (or anything for that matter)?
I don't need extra things just for cosmetic purposes... but function improvement would be worth it.

I didn't like the stock tubing because it has a funny smell for the first few sessions and is not so flexible so I replaced it with silicone. Lot of folks recommend this and you can get a good size roll for cheap on amazon or from usplastics and replace as needed. Other than that some good herb :D

way2,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization

Silcone tubing 5/16" ID x 7/16" OD, NSF-51 (food/medical grade) or equivalent, for better taste/ease of use. Shorten the whip to the smallest length comfortable; that will reduce drag. If connecting to glass, unless you've got big lungs best to stay with small-mid size pieces, best to use 18/19mm GonG connections.

And I always re-emphasize . . . reading thru this thread there is a wealth of tips and tricks for taking advantage of the Q's flexibility.

oldiebutgoodie,

keepsake

Soul Searchin`
Silcone tubing 5/16" ID x 7/16" OD, NSF-51 (food/medical grade) or equivalent, for better taste/ease of use. Shorten the whip to the smallest length comfortable; that will reduce drag. If connecting to glass, unless you've got big lungs best to stay with small-mid size pieces, best to use 18/19mm GonG connections.

And I always re-emphasize . . . reading thru this thread there is a wealth of tips and tricks for taking advantage of the Q's flexibility.

This tube work?
http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/100131...131820&storeId=10051&R=100131820#.UT6gMTnqglI

I just cut it with scissors or a razor?

keepsake,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization

No, that is PVC - same base material as Arizer stock but not NSF certified and max temp <200F while an NSF-51 will be >400F.

Go to top right of page Search, use term "amazon AND silicone" or "Plastics AND tubing", click on "This thread only" and you'll get lots of posts with the tubing you want from Amazon, U.S. Plastics, or McMasterCarr. Be mindful of the shipping costs; sometimes USP is less by the foot than Amazon but with shipping the net total is greater.

The tubing cuts easily with scissors.

EDIT: Damn it Stu, there you go again. :D

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: keepsake
Top Bottom