The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

DougWilson

Anyone know anything better than oven roaster bags to use as replacement bags? I bought some oven bags but problem is they opened the long way which made it impractical to use.

DougWilson,

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
I just use the roll of volcano bags they work perfectly.

For me they cost around 10 bucks and you can get like 4 bags form the roll

Skeena,

jeff

Hey to the folks that have done the e-cano mod any tips. I get leakage out the bottom of the easy bag during fill. I can't seem to solve it. I've tried o rings. Mold able rubber etc. I'm just using a an 18/14 male male gong. Any suggestions?

jeff,

ipax

soo my new eq is coming either tuesday or wednesday of this week. I read through a lot of the thread but if anybody wants to give some tips for a first time plugin vape/EQ user, i'd appreciate it.

ipax,

Reveen

soo my new eq is coming either tuesday or wednesday of this week. I read through a lot of the thread but if anybody wants to give some tips for a first time plugin vape/EQ user, i'd appreciate it.

Crank up the heat/fan with all the glass attached for 15 min or so before you vape anything out of it.

Reveen,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization

I don't mean this sarcastically in the least . . . read the manual. It's far from great, but there are snippets of info important to using the Q, e.g., changing settings with the display buttons, or recommended fan speeds. Be prepared to drive yourself crazy though, trying to understand the pictures of the balloon setup.

If you start with the bag it's easier to familiarize yourself with the machine. Takes a while to get your whip routine down, as well as mastering the cyclone bowl and elbow-pack. Take your time.

Start with lower temps and work up. A good first range to try is 160-190C, most settle around 190C and higher but still many like the lower temps. Experiment. The exception might be if you are coming from combustion and looking for that kind of hit, in that case you might want to start very high (230C+) and then explore the lower temps gradually.

Get the silicone tubing as soon as you can.

Enjoy your new toy. :)

ROSSTA

I got an EQ 2 years ago and had never vaped in my life except for a Volcano bag being handed to me. I figured it out in no time. I do thank this phorum for the elbow pack. Only way I vape now. I would also thank this phorum for getting me into glass for my EQ. Those are things I suggest ipax. Get a nice bubbler that hooks up to your Q and do some research on this thread about the elbow pack.

ROSSTA,

ipax

I got an EQ 2 years ago and had never vaped in my life except for a Volcano bag being handed to me. I figured it out in no time. I do thank this phorum for the elbow pack. Only way I vape now. I would also thank this phorum for getting me into glass for my EQ. Those are things I suggest ipax. Get a nice bubbler that hooks up to your Q and do some research on this thread about the elbow pack.

Mmm I've been looking in that good cheap glass thread. I've got a few I'm considering (looking at sub $100) right now im debating between a tube (which would go ontop of the Q) or a bubbler, which I'd need to invert the q for.... suggestions?

ipax,

ROSSTA

I have a tube and a bubbler. I like my bubbler much better. The bubbler is just easier to get a good hit off of IMO. THe bong has a bit of drag to it. I have a simple pull stem glass on glass bubbler with a showerhead downstem that I had a local glass blower make for 50$. Works so well. I will post a pic tomorrow. At work and dont have any pics now.

ROSSTA,

ipax

I have a tube and a bubbler. I like my bubbler much better. The bubbler is just easier to get a good hit off of IMO. THe bong has a bit of drag to it. I have a simple pull stem glass on glass bubbler with a showerhead downstem that I had a local glass blower make for 50$. Works so well. I will post a pic tomorrow. At work and dont have any pics now.
Can't wait. Can you also post a pic of your tube?
Edit: Didn't mean for that last bit to sound so gay. haha

ipax,

oldiebutgoodie

Mmm I've been looking in that good cheap glass thread. I've got a few I'm considering (looking at sub $100) right now im debating between a tube (which would go ontop of the Q) or a bubbler, which I'd need to invert the q for.... suggestions?

The most common setup is a shortened whip from the Q with the second elbow (or an adapter) in place of the mouthpiece attached to a 18/19mm GonG joint on the water piece. Just about any GonG piece will work, but there are significant diffs in drag and ease-of-use. Personally I think the smaller bubblers or stemless are best. I don't see a need for inverting the Q, unless it's to use Seek's cool mod.

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: flotntoke

jeff

The most common setup is a shortened whip from the Q with the second elbow (or an adapter) in place of the mouthpiece attached to a 18/19mm GonG joint on the water piece. Just about any GonG piece will work, but there are significant diffs in drag and ease-of-use. Personally I think the smaller bubblers or stemless are best. I don't see a need for inverting the Q, unless it's to use Seek's cool mod.

What is seeks mod? Yeah I was just writing to say that i see no need to invert it. I have had my EQ for year or two and just picked up a sweet bubbler type piece and have been hitting it through it with a gong and tubing. It is pretty sweet. I have been going back and forth on the elbow pack. I am not sold on the elbow pack yet. Must experiment more. I also agree you don't need a tube or a big piece. Those new school lil bubblers hold plenty of room for you. It is awesome. Oh and where is this cheap glass thread? I have not seen that?

jeff,

oldiebutgoodie

Seek is a very creative FC member who has modded his Q to - IIRC - essentially fit an elbow-pack into the center aperture of the cyclone so that it is closer to the heater. Should be able to find it with a Search using his name. There may be another mod or two that are similar, not using the Q inverted. My memory is rusty. (Seek, where are you? You usually jump right in at a moment like this.)

I don't know which particular thread OP is ref'g to, there are a number in this vein in the Glass section. E.g., check out Leviathan, Glassblowersdirect, "not exactly cheap but not expensive", "cheap high quality bubbler", "The FC Bubbler", etc.

oldiebutgoodie,

jeff

Seek is a very creative FC member who has modded his Q to - IIRC - essentially fit an elbow-pack into the center aperture of the cyclone so that it is closer to the heater. Should be able to find it with a Search using his name. There may be another mod or two that are similar, not using the Q inverted. My memory is rusty. (Seek, where are you? You usually jump right in at a moment like this.)

I don't know which particular thread OP is ref'g to, there are a number in this vein in the Glass section. E.g., check out Leviathan, Glassblowersdirect, "not exactly cheap but not expensive", "cheap high quality bubbler", "The FC Bubbler", etc.
Thanks! I see from your signature line you do not go cheap ;)

jeff,

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
I guys, this is my first post in this awesome forum, but I read your posts for a while anyway.
I'm an italian guy (so i'm sorry for my poor english), and i would start to vaporize like you!
I am the typical guy who loves the joints and the pot, and i able to smoke for a whole day 1 g pure joint with strong weed (amsterdam weed), so I have a high tolerance to get high or stone!
The only vaporizer I've owned but used very very little is the dragon lite vap II, but I lost it on my last trip to amsterdam (inside the backpack with psp and 2 space brownies:doh:) ,but because I have not given up with the vapor question, after reading many forums (mostly you and grasscity) and watched many videos on youtube, I purchased an Arizer extreme q 4.0 to ebay for 168 euro, good price i think, for europe of course, i dont wanna pay the tax from the usa...it's not arrived yet, and i am so excited!
If I understand correctly reading your post, the EQ works more or less like this:

-the first time i set the max temp and leave it on for 25 minutes to remove all traces of manufacturing
-for the bag\whip i set on 220 C to warm up the unit for at least 15-20 minutes
-in the middle of the 20 minutes i put in the ciclone bowl to warm up the glass
-After the 20 minutes, i turn down the temperature to 185 C, load .2-.3 g of grass in the cyclone bowl or the elbow and wait 3-5 minutes to warm the weed
-and after 5 minutes:
Ballon: i can bloat a balloon to 185 C fan 2, another balloon to 195 C fan 2 and another ball at 205-210 C fan 3, between a balloon and another, i stir the grass for total vaporization
whip: I do very long and slow draw until the vapor dont come out and up the temp using the same temperature of the ballons (185 to start, then 195 and 210 C), or i can simply destroy my lungs with fan 3 and huge vapor hits:freak:! (the stirring between the temp change was implied)

Of course this is the theory that I extrapolated from my research, but I know that the eq is very versatile and open to experimentation!
I have some question for you guys:
1:can I expect some good blows worthy of the best joints?
2:there is a particular method to be stoned more then high?
3:can i use the EQ for film\videogame\web surfing session? i explain myself a little better, can i leave the EQ on and a full load of grass into the cyclone bowl \ elbow piece and smoking like a joint, at irregular intervals, and mixing long and short draw,and employing 2-3 hours for session? this is very important, my most pleasure ritual...Tv\joint (or EQ)\junk food, if I can not do this, the eq loses much of its charm for me!

Ok, this is the end of my long post, again i'm sorry for my terrible language and I hope to become a part of this wonderful and healthy family!
P.S. I have so many question,but it's late, I have to work tomorrow, and certainly this candy kush joint wont be smoke by itself:D!
Thanks in advance for your answers!

Wolf46,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
What is seeks mod? Yeah I was just writing to say that i see no need to invert it. I have had my EQ for year or two and just picked up a sweet bubbler type piece and have been hitting it through it with a gong and tubing. It is pretty sweet. I have been going back and forth on the elbow pack. I am not sold on the elbow pack yet. Must experiment more. I also agree you don't need a tube or a big piece. Those new school lil bubblers hold plenty of room for you. It is awesome. Oh and where is this cheap glass thread? I have not seen that?

Seek's mods are through the thread. There are a few and probably best to do a search on his posts in this thread only. One of my favs is around page 166 (post 4136 has pics). Works great! But there are others.

There are a few "cheap glass" threads, too. Personally I like this one best and keep an eye on what looks good for the cheap. "Cheap, high-quality bubbler??" Lots of good info and more than a few good cheap pieces of glass. Don't miss the "Infamous $40 No Name Vapor Brothers Hydrator Knock-Off!!!" - often simply referred to as the "Infamous". Think it can still be had for about $40. Have never tried it myself, but looks like quite the bang for the buck!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I guys, this is my first post in this awesome forum, but I read your posts for a while anyway.
I'm an italian guy (so i'm sorry for my poor english), and i would start to vaporize like you!
I am the typical guy who loves the joints and the pot, and i able to smoke for a whole day 1 g pure joint with strong weed (amsterdam weed), so I have a high tolerance to get high or stone!
The only vaporizer I've owned but used very very little is the dragon lite vap II, but I lost it on my last trip to amsterdam (inside the backpack with psp and 2 space brownies:doh:) ,but because I have not given up with the vapor question, after reading many forums (mostly you and grasscity) and watched many videos on youtube, I purchased an Arizer extreme q 4.0 to ebay for 168 euro, good price i think, for europe of course, i dont wanna pay the tax from the usa...it's not arrived yet, and i am so excited!
If I understand correctly reading your post, the EQ works more or less like this:

-the first time i set the max temp and leave it on for 25 minutes to remove all traces of manufacturing
-for the bag\whip i set on 220 C to warm up the unit for at least 15-20 minutes
-in the middle of the 20 minutes i put in the ciclone bowl to warm up the glass
-After the 20 minutes, i turn down the temperature to 185 C, load .2-.3 g of grass in the cyclone bowl or the elbow and wait 3-5 minutes to warm the weed
-and after 5 minutes:
Ballon: i can bloat a balloon to 185 C fan 2, another balloon to 195 C fan 2 and another ball at 205-210 C fan 3, between a balloon and another, i stir the grass for total vaporization
whip: I do very long and slow draw until the vapor dont come out and up the temp using the same temperature of the ballons (185 to start, then 195 and 210 C), or i can simply destroy my lungs with fan 3 and huge vapor hits:freak:! (the stirring between the temp change was implied)

Of course this is the theory that I extrapolated from my research, but I know that the eq is very versatile and open to experimentation!
I have some question for you guys:
1:can I expect some good blows worthy of the best joints?
2:there is a particular method to be stoned more then high?
3:can i use the EQ for film\videogame\web surfing session? i explain myself a little better, can i leave the EQ on and a full load of grass into the cyclone bowl \ elbow piece and smoking like a joint, at irregular intervals, and mixing long and short draw,and employing 2-3 hours for session? this is very important, my most pleasure ritual...Tv\joint (or EQ)\junk food, if I can not do this, the eq loses much of its charm for me!

Ok, this is the end of my long post, again i'm sorry for my terrible language and I hope to become a part of this wonderful and healthy family!
P.S. I have so many question,but it's late, I have to work tomorrow, and certainly this candy kush joint wont be smoke by itself:D!
Thanks in advance for your answers!

Congratulations on getting a Q! Have had a few vapes come and go and used a few more, and the Q still keeps me smiling!

Yes... set it to max temp for 20 minutes - 1/2 hour when you first get it to burn off any residues and whatnot. You may want to turn the fan on high for the last 5 minutes or so.

For bags (balloons) what you said looks pretty good, but not etched in stone. You can use some variation, but do make sure you let it warm up for 15 - 20 minutes with glass on. Lower fan speeds create thicker vapor in the bag. I like to do first bag at 185C. Second at 195C. Third at 205C. All on fan speed 2. But, really a matter of preference and how good or dry your stash is. Don't forget to stir between bags!

"Worthy of best joints?" That's kind of tough to answer. Vapor is different than smoke so it will taste, feel and stone you differently. Kind of like how beer gives you one buzz, but wine gives you another. Not quite that simple and wouldn't dare try to guess whether vape more like wine or beer :), but a bit different. There are volumes of posts about this all over FC.

Lower temps get you more "high" - if I'm getting your question correctly. Higher temps tend to get you more "stoned". Much about this all over FC, too. Experiment!! It's fun, easy and you're getting a good buzz on. Just enjoy!

Use the EQ while gaming or chilling? OH YEAH, MAN!!! IMO one of the best for this. You can sit there with the hose in your mouth and take a good hit whenever you like as long as it isn't spent, and you give it a stir every so often. The mouthpieces/connectors that come with it are OK, but many cheap mouthpieces out there that will work with the tubing and may be more comfortable holding in your mouth.

One of my favorite things to do lately if I'm just kicking back watching a movie or surfing the web is to fill a bag and connect it with a short hose to a small bubbler. The water keeps the vapor in the bag. Take a hit or two whenever you feel like it, and refill bag as you like. I'd advise you don't do this too much without getting up and moving around every so often so you can figure out just how stoned you are. It's too easy to lose track because it is so smooth and simple and you may find it hard to find the floor when you go to stand up!

Skim through this whole thread. There is a ton of good info on here. Be sure to check out elbow packs and do yourself a favor and upgrade to some silicone tubing as soon as you can. It's worth it!

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
Thank you flatntoke, you are very nice guy!
Ah, for the record, the eq comes with a gift pack which contains:
-digital scales
-tightvac container medium size
-genuine arizer extra screen set (they say that is the most requested spare parts)
-mini grinder with stash area

Regarding the question of the silicone tube and elbow pack mentioned by you, I've already read about it here on the forum so do not worry, but thanks anyway for the advice!:tup:
The EQ isn't arrived yet and i'm going to be crazy:ko:!
Here are some other questions that I have come to mind:

-can i vaporize the hashish? i read about cotton ball, but I would like you to explain me the detail (how to load the bowl, temperatures etc.). since I'm a newbie in the field of vaporization and the easy parts dont exist for me:p!
-what are the cheapest and easily findable (and possible not too inflammable or volatile\toxic) products to clean the various parts of the EQ (elbow, whip, etc.), and methods that you recommend?
-in this forum I read of many users who gettting high pretty fast and strong with 0.2 \ 0.3 g of weed ... but I can stand well with 2-3 joint of 1g, I wonder if this forum you do not have a tolerance a little too low...or vaporization is really so much stronger then combustion at the level of high \ stone:huh:?!
-during a 2-3 hour whip-session with a full loaded cyclone bowl, can i let the weed in the cyclone for all the time (except for occasional stirring)? if i understand correctly, the hot air passes through the weed only when I suck or active the fan, so if I stand still, the grass should not cock\vaporize and I should not waste vapor, am I right?
-how much is the power consumption when the EQ is on fire?!? more or less of course, i dont want the exact number!

Ok, for now i'm done with question!
Thanks again for the answers and sorry for my poor english!

Wolf46,

oldiebutgoodie

-can i vaporize the hashish? i read about cotton ball, but I would like you to explain me the detail (how to load the bowl, temperatures etc.). since I'm a newbie in the field of vaporization and the easy parts dont exist for me:p!
-what are the cheapest and easily findable (and possible not too inflammable or volatile\toxic) products to clean the various parts of the EQ (elbow, whip, etc.), and methods that you recommend?
-in this forum I read of many users who gettting high pretty fast and strong with 0.2 \ 0.3 g of weed ... but I can stand well with 2-3 joint of 1g, I wonder if this forum you do not have a tolerance a little too low...or vaporization is really so much stronger then combustion at the level of high \ stone:huh:?!
-during a 2-3 hour whip-session with a full loaded cyclone bowl, can i let the weed in the cyclone for all the time (except for occasional stirring)? if i understand correctly, the hot air passes through the weed only when I suck or active the fan, so if I stand still, the grass should not cock\vaporize and I should not waste vapor, am I right?
-how much is the power consumption when the EQ is on fire?!? more or less of course, i dont want the exact number!

If you have an oil, use the cotton ball in the cyclone; probably about 160C to start with and work up from there. If the hash is solid/pressed/wax then I break it up and mix it with the flowers, then vape in the cyclone. Or you can try using the elbow-pack method with it. You'll need a higher temp for a solid, maybe 190C+.

I'm not sure what to say about your 2-3g. Either your tolerance is extremely high and/or your flowers are very weak. The average load in the cyclone and elbow-pack is about .25g. First thing, it is important to understand that the high from vaporizing is not the same as with combustion (it is cleaner, less stoner), for 2 reasons: (1) When the fire burns the plant (and paper if smoking a joint), there is a chemical conversion which creates harmful gases such as benzenes; when you smoke these gases, it changes the taste and it influences the high; you won't have this effect with vapor. And (2) with combustion the entire plant is consumed at once so you get hit with the effect of all the many compounds at once, while with vaporizing you are evaporating the plant gradually (the lower the heat and less air, the slower; the higher the heat and harder the pull, faster). You might need to start at a higher temperature to get accustomed to the difference - say 230C - and then slowly work yourself to lower temperature. Probably most people with the Q vape in the 190-210C range.

Don't fully load the cyclone bowl, that makes it inefficient. Load only about 1/2 way up to the black teflon. You will probably not have enough to last several hours, but if you do, you can lower the temp to like 130C and leave the flowers, they will not cook. Then when ready to finish the bowl, turn the heat back up for a few minutes.

It is possible to reach combustion at 230C or above, it depends a lot upon how dry your flowers are and how fine you grind them. Many users have never got combustion at 260C. As a general rule, if you keep the Q clean and with typical flowers not ground too fine (grinding too fine will also clog the elbow screen), you don't need to worry about combustion.

Clean the glass parts with 90%+ ISO, just soak them in a jar overnight. How or if you clean the whip (rather than replacing the tubing) depends on the type of tubing (pvc or silicone), whether you will try to reclaim (harvest) resin from the tubing, etc. Personally I use silicone and shorten the whip by 1/2 (45cm), and then replace it when it gets too dirty. Some clean it with ISO; I've never done that.

Be patient and take your time. The Q is very flexible, but it takes a while to understand the subtle differences so experiment until you find what works best for you.

I hope that helps you get started. Enjoy your Q!

EDIT: Don't overlook reading the manual first. It's not great, but it is helpful and it will answer some questions for you.

ROSSTA

Wolf46, you are in good hands! OldiebutGoodie offers a lot of good advice and has helped me a lot as well. The only thing I would add is that my first year with the EQ I started with the bags much like you described and then went to the whip. Once I went with the whip and an elbow pack I dont use my EQ any other way. I get thick clouds of vapor at 185C that make my eyes water and makes me cough kinda. About 6 months ago I got some nice glass pieces to pull my vapor through water and now thats the only way I roll. Elbow hits through a smaller bubbler is the way to go! Congrats on your EQ purchase! I have been wanting a Cloud but the EQ is so good to me I am waiting a few more years on the Cloud.

ROSSTA,
Reactions: hoptimum

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
OH MY GOD...this thing is mindblowing...i'm speechless for now...I'll write something after I took a shower...thanks a lot to rossta and oldiebuthelpie for the awesome one of a hell answers (i'f i write right)!

Wolf46,
Top Bottom