The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Kommyknocker

Thanks king, man how ripped would a honey hash elbow get you!!! Sizzled very very sizzled is my guess.. fry like bacon you little piggies, fry, fry! Think i'll do the jar thing. Is there a time limit to how long you can leave your jar full of reclaim before allowing evaporation to occur?

Kommyknocker,

Kaptan

First thing, read through the extreme Q thread. It's full of information.

Next, try elbow packing - turn your EQ on to temp 220 C wait about 15 min and then instead of placing your herb in the cyclone bowl, pack it into the screen in the glass elbow that sits on top of the cyclone bowl. Yes it is upside down, but if you pack the herb in, it won't fall out. This will give you the most condensed vapor and seems to be most efficient way with this model.

Kaptan,

Kommyknocker

Hey harmudge. Welcome to FC its a great place to hangout. I too started with the vaporeyes.. gotta love the snap free power lead. Saved my vape easily over 100 times. There is a specific thread for the EQ. Head over there and we'll help you out buddy.
Again welcome :)

Edit: elbow pack is great advice but although its called 'pack' you do not jam loads up in there. Also its the elbow screen. Just clarify that as kaptan said something bout glass elbow and may have confused you. As lightly as you can put a level amount of herb in upsidedown in that screen. Place it on you cyclone as usual. You using the whip or bags. Come to the eq thread buddy.

Kommyknocker,

harmudge

Many thanks for the welcome and advice guy's.

I've browsed through the EQ thread a little, but I found the amount of pages a little daunting...I guess you guy's are right though...best place to go for the model, but I would also be interested if there are any general newbie to vaping guides around.

harmudge,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Thank Obg.. don't mess about with my health much so.. FC has saved me from a heart attack. Can't thank you enough guys. Still safe to clean with?

Happy to oblige. Safe to clean with as long as well ventilated and away from your eyes/ears/mouth. On a related note, in the past I frequently used canned air to blow out my cyclone. Turns out that for aerosols which are tasteless or odorless (so doesn't apply to iso), a bitterant agent is added (at least in the U.S.) to deter ingestion. However, that agent can adhere to the object it is sprayed on, and if later transferred from surface to the mouth, can make one ill. I still use the canned air but only if there is no ingestion possibility, so OK for inside electronics, but only the Q accessories if I intend to wash thereafter. At one time I used the compressed air to reduce the number of cyclone washings, that was not a good idea.

oldiebutgoodie,

Kommyknocker

The vaporpedia will give you most stuff. But yeah i was advised to read it all. I did and it helped alot. You get good at skipping bits you've seen covered. Some real gems hidden within that thread though.

Kommyknocker,

Kommyknocker

I actually got some compressed air on your recommendation so that is bloody good to know. Ill as in?

Kommyknocker,

AWC

Hey, First post here
Read a few pages of this post already

So i got an EQ about 2 months ago, love it. After trying all the different methods like whip with fan or elbow pack, i think Ive found another good one.
Its pretty self explanatory, but there are a few things

Note that the elbow screen has only a few millimeters of room to move, so almost no herb gets past.

The vapor produced is thicker than normal IMO.
Make sure you put the herb all the way around with a bit on the top and pack it lightly.

Yeah Stu, Its a reverse elbow pack.....

Let me know what you guys think

AWC,

oldiebutgoodie

I actually got some compressed air on your recommendation so that is bloody good to know. Ill as in?

I haven't read of anything serious, more like an irritant in your digestive tract. I should have been more clear. Re the cyclone, if the air is used repeatedly and frequently it's conceivable there could be build-up that could be evaporated off by hot air into the vapor. I'm not paranoid about this, just prudent. AFAIK a few shots of air between cleanings should be OK. However for someone who has a delicate gastro system (as I do) it might not be good to tempt the fates. :2c:

oldiebutgoodie,

Kommyknocker

@AWC I pretty much tried every method you can think of and that one blasted through herb like there was no tomorrow.

@ObG I kinda gathered you didn't mean my ass was gonna fall out. Lol.

Kommyknocker,
Thanks king, man how ripped would a honey hash elbow get you!!! Sizzled very very sizzled is my guess.. fry like bacon you little piggies, fry, fry! Think i'll do the jar thing. Is there a time limit to how long you can leave your jar full of reclaim before allowing evaporation to occur?

It's a really deep CBD/N stone. And if you revape, you'll get a lot of bowls out of it.

No time limit, just until you want to harvest.

As for elbow packs, that's pretty much the only way I use my EQ. For parties I'll use the cyclone with a bag, but it's typically just me or one other so a full elbow is enough.

I've actually been stacking the elbow screens. So I loosely pack one elbow screen, then fit the other empty elbow screen into the first. Allows good airflow and even flower toasting with zero risk of bud falling out.

kingofnull,

AWC

@AWC I pretty much tried every method you can think of and that one blasted through herb like there was no tomorrow.

Do you mean inefficient or blew it into the elbow?

I found it to be the best method, granted Ive only done two bags from it, not whipped it yet, i think itll be better as a bag.

AWC,
Thanks king, man how ripped would a honey hash elbow get you!!!

I'm just vaping maybe .1 or .2 of QWISO reclaim right now. Running the EQ whip through a tree perc bubbler, I've sort of lost count, but I've had about 6-8 good deep hits so far. It's only just starting to get whispy now. my fuck it's strong high.

Do you mean inefficient or blew it into the elbow?

I found it to be the best method, granted Ive only done two bags from it, not whipped it yet, i think itll be better as a bag.

Why not just pack the screen into the elbow? :shrug:

kingofnull,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
harmudge...my first few nights with the E were tough as well. I suggest starting with the bag, as it is pretty brainless and if that doesn't work then you might have a defective unit. Then move to the whip. Change your draw speed with the whip until you get it right. It can be just a little finnicky sometimes. I think a good starting point with the draw speed is to try to keep your herb dancing in the cyclone bowl...then adjust from there as necessary.

Kommyknocker

@AWC.. i mean I got a vape to lessen consumption but that method used way too much because i would just have one. Is have three or four :)

@ObG I do not need any more scars and or holes lol get enough of them fighting muaythai

I cannot wait to try that reclaim elbow.

Kommyknocker,
I don't think it gets hot enough or enough airflow spread

IME it does, particularly with a water pipe, but definitely with just the whip or bag also. you just need to turn the temp up 10-20 degrees. Like I said, it's pretty much the only way I vape.

kingofnull,

harmudge

harmudge...my first few nights with the E were tough as well. I suggest starting with the bag, as it is pretty brainless and if that doesn't work then you might have a defective unit. Then move to the whip. Change your draw speed with the whip until you get it right. It can be just a little finnicky sometimes. I think a good starting point with the draw speed is to try to keep your herb dancing in the cyclone bowl...then adjust from there as necessary.

Thanks for the advice...:tup:

harmudge,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
@AWC - I guess I don't understand the logic of keeping the majority of your material out of the hot air stream. The ridge in the Cyclone bowl only allows for ~25% exposure to the heat source. For me it was ineffiecient enough to never use the Cyclone as designed, but I can't imagine purposely keeping the majority of your load outside of the direct heat source. :shrug:
:peace:

Stu,

Kommyknocker

Yeah the cyclone is for someone with access to endless amounts of awesome bud. So much so that the very idea of efficiency is a non point. I do still use it sometimes though. I have different jars for different levels of abv. I'm gonna get use of any goodies left behind at some point :)

Kommyknocker,

oldiebutgoodie

The cyclone works well for me with the bag. Depending on the herb, I can get 2 good Arizer bags plus a whispy 3rd with ~.25-.3, stirring a couple times each bag. The cyclone can be reasonably efficient using the whip, say with a load of ~.15, if your style is short, deep, long-held hits - which some argue results in greater absorption, albeit of course more slowly and without the rush.

oldiebutgoodie,
The cyclone works well for me with the bag. Depending on the herb, I can get 2 good Arizer bags plus a whispy 3rd with ~.25-.3, stirring a couple times each bag. The cyclone can be reasonably efficient using the whip, say with a load of ~.15, if your style is short, deep, long-held hits - which some argue results in greater absorption, albeit of course more slowly and without the rush.

I've never really tried the Cyclone with smaller amounts. I always just assumed it wouldn't work as well as the elbow. For big bowls, can't beat it.

kingofnull,

harmudge

Hi guy's,

I just thought I would report back to the guy's who gave me some re-assurance a few days ago..."I think I got the party started"...so, many thanks for the advice...:tup:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
good job harmudge...now the fun begins. once you get the basics of this vape down, the variables are almost endless.

stickstones,
Reactions: harmudge
Top Bottom