The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

u bwade wunner

sorry to hear Zookeeper .bookmark this

there are open sections in the two piece moulded extrusion where the glass heater cover knuckle sits, you can see the spaces to the left i think.the idea is to use the insulation to cover the heater cover glass and to sit the knukle in the right slot of the extrusion which holds it all together. and in the right place so it doesn t move.I never tighten those screws to tightly.The glass underneath is pretty thin

I wasn t fussy with the insulation as such when I disassembled and I had enough to cover all my heater cover.
I would use your 'e better judgement and put the insulation where the glass is going to get hot most.Ive had mine apart and running for sometimes 10 hours a day for months.If you are unsure or want direct facts contact Arizer.

the mica piece prevents the heater popping out and prevents it dropping inside the Eq which would melt everything in sight.It sits at the bottom of the heater cover and in between the heater wires.

Again I m sorry to hear about youre bad luck.it can be tricky with a pile of pieces in front of you when you ve dismantled something like the EQ.after a while and when you've done a few times it all goes together a little easier.The hardest part are glass and the screws in the glass extrusion which holds the glass.They d ont like screwdrivers very much and i have trouble getting the screws home myself.

Planet vape should be able to help you with a replacement

u bwade wunner,

Zookeeper

thanks for your words Bwadewunner. My unit had 2 layers of heat material, and the 3rd layer was just 2 cut squares wrapped around. Those 2 extra pieces are the root of my error,I considered leaving them out but didnt want a loose fit thats for sure.

Now that i have a feel for it, things should go ok. Honestly I had the thing together, and swore I smelled burnt plastic when I powered it up. In actuallity it was probablly just the oils from my fingers,but I didnt want to wait and find out and took it back apart to inspect.

Anyways, I feel I should double up on bottom screens from now on, I vape reground AVB before t-breaks, and it lets sooo much particles pass into the heater

Zookeeper,

MASSroll

Hey guys, I've recently come across a rattle in my EQ. its sounds as thought maybe a tiny screw came out and is rattling around, a chip or clam of glass might be rattling around, or maybe a little rock or something fell in or got inhaled by the fan, cant put my finger on it.. I've tried to run the fan and shake it around a bit to get it outta there but its just bouncing around in there.. If i pop off the base plate is the warranty voided? I've searched through here and there isn't much on rattles in the Q.. I do inverse hits most of the time, and Im assuming it decreases the longevity and structural integrity sooner since its not supposed to be help upside-down, it heats up significantly more, any help is appreciated. Thanks!

MASSroll,

Haole

long time lurker, first time poster. I recently decided to give my extreme q one last shot before it goes up on the auction block. i've never really been able to get the clouds that I see others on here get. In fact my $50 pos box vape works better? Im convinced it's user error on my end. Im a heavy medical user and want to get this thing dialed in so I can quit smoking j's and stop the lung destroying b rips. I've seen some really cool mods done to this unit on here but i'm the last person that should tinkering under the hood of something electronic. Are there any step by step guides that go into detail about how to mod this thing? Thanks!
-bubba ray

Haole,

AdmiralAlpacha

I just do simple elbow packs at 356-384, pretty finely ground herb. That method has always provided nice clouds for me.

Regular cyclone packs with the whip has always been inconsistent for me, sometimes I get great hits, sometimes I can't tell if I am doing something wrong.

And bags always work flawlessly for me.

Do you use the bag or whip more? And have you tried some basic elbow packs?

AdmiralAlpacha,

Haole

I just do simple elbow packs at 356-384, pretty finely ground herb. That method has always provided nice clouds for me.

Regular cyclone packs with the whip has always been inconsistent for me, sometimes I get great hits, sometimes I can't tell if I am doing something wrong.

And bags always work flawlessly for me.

Do you use the bag or whip more? And have you tried some basic elbow packs?

I used to use the bag and had ok success but the time to fill a bag was slow. I haven't tried it with the elbow pack though. I tried the elbow pack through the whip a few times and it was mediocre at best. Even layered some kief in and it still didn't do much. It's gotta be operator error. Ive read too many good reviews on this thing.

Haole,

AdmiralAlpacha

What other vapes have you used that you are comparing it to? My Q gives me lighter clouds than my underdog, but they are far from disappointing, what temperatures do you usually use?

Also do you have any lung issues or anything? I do and find it sometimes hard to pull good hits, so I turn the fan on low and it helps a lot.

Ps. Has anyone tried something like this
7owVT.jpg

I am about to give it a try, I tried it first with the elbow screen facing upwards, but had problems with all of my herbs blowing out after my first hit, so I decided to inverse it, and put a screen in front to prevent plant matter from getting in my Q, just wondered if anyone had already tried this, if not I will post my results. (My goal in this is to allow me to vape at cooler temps (354) while still getting thick elbow hits, I have to turn up to around 375 for normal elbow hits and the air can become pretty warm and dry.)

AdmiralAlpacha,
Is that just an upturned elbow screen?

I'm now trying to figure out how to program my Harmony remote to control the EQ. One less remote is always a good thing.

kingofnull,

John Lewus

I have been lurking for awhile and can't find an answer to my question. I have both a solo and eq and for some reason when I use the eq I lose my sense of taste for a couple hours. It is the most frustrating thing because the texture of food is enhanced but I can't tell the difference between chocolate ice cream and vanilla. I've tried every temp from 180 to 230. I've done bags and whips. I tried through a bong with water both old and hot. I've even vaped while showering and almost every time I can't taste about ten min after I start. It slowly starts to return after a couple hours.

When I use my solo I only slightly lose taste. I've taken allergy meds and that does not help. I tried a different herb and it still happened.

Has anyone heard of this before? It's been affecting me a year which is how long ago I started. I don't do combustion and only did a couple times but I cough so hard I can't remember if I could taste.

John Lewus,

AdmiralAlpacha

Is that just an upturned elbow screen?

I'm now trying to figure out how to program my Harmony remote to control the EQ. One less remote is always a good thing.
an upturned elbow screen, with a normal screen under it to prevent falling plant matter. It worked really well and allowed me to get very nice clouds at 354, however it was such a pain to reload it wasn't really worth it.

I have been lurking for awhile and can't find an answer to my question. I have both a solo and eq and for some reason when I use the eq I lose my sense of taste for a couple hours. It is the most frustrating thing because the texture of food is enhanced but I can't tell the difference between chocolate ice cream and vanilla. I've tried every temp from 180 to 230. I've done bags and whips. I tried through a bong with water both old and hot. I've even vaped while showering and almost every time I can't taste about ten min after I start. It slowly starts to return after a couple hours.

When I use my solo I only slightly lose taste. I've taken allergy meds and that does not help. I tried a different herb and it still happened.

Has anyone heard of this before? It's been affecting me a year which is how long ago I started. I don't do combustion and only did a couple times but I cough so hard I can't remember if I could taste.

That happens to me every time I medicate, I wouldn't say to that degree though. But after medicating food always seems to have a very faint taste, and a very noticeable texture :p

For me it happens with all of my vapes.

Wish I could help more

AdmiralAlpacha,

Titamius

Developing Connoisseur & Vaporist
Honestly cannabis has never really affected my taste buds at all... I guess everyones different.

Anyway, Ive been inverse hitting for like 5 days now and the first day I noticed some abv fell down into the elbow screen. It was very sticky which gave a predictable idea. I put some kief in there (small pressed chunks for better airflow) and Ive just left it there. By now its lookin good and after a few more bowls it may be saturated in wand hash:ko:

Titamius,

John Lewus

I just find it strange that the eq makes me lose all taste but the solo takes away some. The vapor tastes better to me on the solo so I've been sticking with it as my daily driver but the constricted air flow on the solo makes me miss eq bags.

John Lewus,
I can't say I've ever lost taste from vaping. I've had my taste buds overcome with cannabis taste, but I've never been unable to taste food after.

Can anyone tell me if the bowl temperature is still ~20 degrees off from the core temperature? We have infrared thermometers at work, I wonder if they'd let me borrow one overnight :lol:

kingofnull,

Jaryder

Sooo tempted to just pull the trigger and buy one of these. Currently I'm using my Da Vinci vape which I've had for I while and I love it. But I'm tempted to add the Extreme Q to my arsenal. Any thoughts? I found it for a great deal for $155 too

Jaryder,
Do it. I went from primarily using portables to using the Extreme Q as my everyday-at-home vape and I couldn't be happier.

Is that $155 shipped?

kingofnull,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I bought the Extreme Q for $239 and I couldn't be happier about 3 weeks ago. The next week I did buy a VapeXhale Cloud, but the EQ is also amazing. Great device.

newVaper420,
VapeXhale Cloud is next on my list. The convenience of having my waterpipe and vape in one unit. Sigh.

I like how consistent my ABV is with the EQ. See my signature for details; nothing else has produced such uniform ABV before. I'm actually keeping my EQ ABV seperate from the rest.

I'm also looking forward to extracting some of residue in a few days time. I see now why the method I posted doesn't work as well with the EQ. The glass is too thin, and the joint won't allow a skewer in. Maybe a tooth cleaner tool?

kingofnull,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
It's great to see so many new posters on this thread. For quite a while it was rather slow. But now a lot of new enthusiasm and even fancy mods are being revisited. I should start paying attention again!

@newVaper420, btw I suspect you may be near a record for posts by a new member: 90 already in <month, and for 3 vapes right out of the starting gate - that sure is jumping in with both feet. :clap:

oldiebutgoodie,
Can anyone advise if it's still best to set the temp up 10-20 degrees from desired temp? I pack elbow almost exclusively, so I assume for this method it's better to set the temp a little higher anyways.

Camelbak bite valve looks like it should fit. The mouthpiece is a little too narrow, but it should fit nicely on the tubing.

edit: MFLB sized bowls seem to get me far more medicated with EQ.

kingofnull,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Can anyone advise if it's still best to set the temp up 10-20 degrees from desired temp? I pack elbow almost exclusively, so I assume for this method it's better to set the temp a little higher anyways.

IME if elbow packing, ~10-20C. Just keep in mind that the display is not exact; the temp entering the cyclone is less than shown and at the elbow substantial heat has been lost.

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: kingofnull

jeff

Camelbak bite valve looks like it should fit. The mouthpiece is a little too narrow, but it should fit nicely on the tubing.

edit: MFLB sized bowls seem to get me far more medicated with EQ.

I use this for a valve on the bags. Connected with a lil two inch piece of tubing. http://www.rei.com/product/668226/camelbak-ergo-hydrolock

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
It's great to see so many new posters on this thread. For quite a while it was rather slow. But now a lot of new enthusiasm and even fancy mods are being revisited. I should start paying attention again!

@newVaper420, btw I suspect you may be near a record for posts by a new member: 90 already in <month, and for 3 vapes right out of the starting gate - that sure is jumping in with both feet. :clap:

Hahahaha if I'm going to do something I'm gonna do it right. I wish that these forums moved even faster. Need more input :-). I made one mistake so far, and that was buying the EQ for $239 when I could of got it for $150. But considering other places have it for $299 I don't feel too terrible.

I like my WISPR but have a feeling once I get the PAX, the WISPR won't be used as much. My bro wants to buy my WISPR but I feel like I can't sell any of these guys.

newVaper420,
Top Bottom