The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Sneech

Alright so maybe I'm doing something wrong. I put a nice sized nug in and put the bag on and put Fan 1 on at 150C

When you say nug do you mean you are dropping a nugget right into the cyclone bowl? It is recommended to grind up or tear your bud apart a bit before putting it in the bowl. I personally grind it up decently before putting it in or packing the elbow. Also the lowest I ever start out at is 165C and that usually gives me barely visible vapor. If your filling a bag, it is recommended to keep the fan on three as that is the "fan" setting. Do that and you should get some vapor.

Now this is a question for others, I've vaped a good amount of times now out of my whip and I'm starting to see this brownish gold gooey "honey" right on the inside kink of the elbow where all the air hits before turning the corner. I'm guessing this stuff is filled with THC and other goodies still so is there a good way I would be able to harvest this?

Sneech,

½oz

Launched!
I just submerged and cleaned with alcohol. But if I were to "harvest" the elbow of goodness I'd probably remove the hose and get a long thin cuticle tool think stylus with small spoon on one end.

I usually warm up Q to 230C. load bowl, lower to 200C and rip 4 of an elbow pack and good for hrs.

½oz,

NaS71

happy420
whats up guys? as you see im new to the forum and been vaping for 6months with the extreme q! i love it using the bag! also love vaping bho with the Volcano oil screens! looking forword to using some of these mods! oh i also just upgraded to the 2O12! had the 2O11!

NaS71,
Now this is a question for others, I've vaped a good amount of times now out of my whip and I'm starting to see this brownish gold gooey "honey" right on the inside kink of the elbow where all the air hits before turning the corner. I'm guessing this stuff is filled with THC and other goodies still so is there a good way I would be able to harvest this?

Seems like this should carry over for the most part. I'd probably just revape it rather than combusting.

kingofnull,

u bwade wunner

welcome aboard Na571.

i too use the bag all the time and Ive renamed my EQ the Equalcano :D
I'm continually buying parts to get the Equalcano perfected, 90% there now dense bags and 1 minute fills on fan setting 1:o .the lower the fan speed the denser the vapor.all you need to do is keep the airpath shorter and as wide as possible into the volcano bag for quicker filling.Its very nice to have an easy on/off leakfree valve bag especially when friends are around.
Ive just purchased some cloud elbs to reconfigure it again.It should be a cloudbuster soon he he:goon:.the element in the Eq is huge.The element just needs to be nearer youre meds coupled with a short open airpath to the bag

if you like take a look here, and you are handy you can try the first part of the mod.Its my goto now during the day,although it has has been over medicating me lately its so powerful.

I have been holding off posting my results till I ve had trials to make sure the connections and airpath is leakproof and I can get it totally bombproof.

How do you use youre volcano oil stones in there?

NaS71

happy420
welcome aboard Na571.

i too use the bag all the time and Ive renamed my EQ the Equalcano :D
I'm continually buying parts to get the Equalcano perfected, 90% there now dense bags and 1 minute fills on fan setting 1:o .the lower the fan speed the denser the vapor.all you need to do is keep the airpath shorter and as wide as possible into the volcano bag for quicker filling.Its very nice to have an easy on/off leakfree valve bag especially when friends are around.
Ive just purchased some cloud elbs to reconfigure it again.It should be a cloudbuster soon he he:goon:.the element in the Eq is huge.The element just needs to be nearer youre meds coupled with a short open airpath to the bag

if you like take a look here, and you are handy you can try the first part of the mod.Its my goto now during the day,although it has has been over medicating me lately its so powerful.

I have been holding off posting my results till I ve had trials to make sure the connections and airpath is leakproof and I can get it totally bombproof.

How do you use youre volcano oil stones in there?
great! what parts do i need to use the easy valve? I just stick the a Volcano liquid pad in the EQ cyclone! turn temp up to 408f! nice thick clouds that dont make you lose a lung!

NaS71,
Bought an EQ used today. Only thing it didn't come with was bags. Now I need to decide if I want to buy the bag kit, or just buy some bags/materials online and make my own bags... Suggestions?

I'm really impressed with the vapor quality and density with the whip so far. I've owned a box style vaporizer for a while now, but it takes a long time to heat up, so I often just fire up my MFLB. The EQ comes to temp fairly quickly.

I'm looking forward to using the bags as well.

I've used a number of vapes in the past, including the Volcano - there are a number of vapor lounges in my city and a few offer use of the Volcano. A good friend used to have an HerbalAire. I feel as medicated or more off the EQ as I do with any other vaporizer. I love the form factor, size, noise level. I'm just a big fan atm.

kingofnull,

AdmiralAlpacha

Bought an EQ used today. Only thing it didn't come with was bags. Now I need to decide if I want to buy the bag kit, or just buy some bags/materials online and make my own bags... Suggestions?

I'm really impressed with the vapor quality and density with the whip so far. I've owned a box style vaporizer for a while now, but it takes a long time to heat up, so I often just fire up my MFLB. The EQ comes to temp fairly quickly.

I'm looking forward to using the bags as well.

I've used a number of vapes in the past, including the Volcano - there are a number of vapor lounges in my city and a few offer use of the Volcano. A good friend used to have an HerbalAire. I feel as medicated or more off the EQ as I do with any other vaporizer. I love the form factor, size, noise level. I'm just a big fan atm.

did you get the mouthpieces? If so I would just make some bags out of turkey oven bags. If you dont have the mouthpieces you may just want to get a kit, and then in the future you can make replacements.

And glad you like your EQ mine has been a great investment, and I am sure just about everyone else here would agree :p

Also how fine do you guys generally grind your herbs?

AdmiralAlpacha,

clarko

Fixed one of my two broken E Q's! the other one I still haven't opened because its under warranty but I really have confidence I could fix the other one. The E Q is actually a pretty simple machine which is what I like about it because a simple machine is good. A more complex machine is more prone to failure and problems. What sucks is I ordered a silver surfer right before I fixed it and I got other things in my life right now that I should have spent that money on but I just had to have a vap to hold me over. Shit I guess good things happen! I may eventually crack into the other one.

clarko,

NaS71

happy420
Hey Jonny Welcome to FC..Enjoy the ride.

To hook up the easy valve is simple:)

The E~Qualcano

you'll need one of these
images

and one of these to adapt the bag adapter 14mm to the cyclone bowl 18mm

Just use it like you would the volcano

I use my Eq exclusively with the bag.the easy valve bag works great.it will cost you less than $50 to set this up.I can pump a bag on Fan setting 3 in seconds.

Oh yes and use turkey or smaller oven bags.The eq bags droop and dont hold there shape to well.The oven bags will stand vertically even when empty.

Let us know how you get on and how it compares to your e friends volcano.

I use this system with The EQ mod.With The Eq Mod temp needs to be at 150-165 degC or it will taste harsh or combust if you push it too far.Im getting 4 bags from a elbow screen load.Happy days.

i just ordered both of these for $47! then i noticed its going to cost another $60 for the easy valve! http://www.gotvape.com/vaporizer/volcano-vaporizer/volcano-vaporizer-easy-valve-replacement-set.html they dont sell singles? lol!

NaS71,
Reactions: Nesta

u bwade wunner

i just ordered both of these for $47! then i noticed its going to cost another $60 for the easy valve! http://www.gotvape.com/vaporizer/volcano-vaporizer/volcano-vaporizer-easy-valve-replacement-set.html they dont sell singles? lol!

Put an ad in the classifieds you will need 50 posts on FC to do that though or ask on the volcano thread maybe.I picked up 3 used easyvalves from members on FC !!

Please Note This is a modification to my Eq device.I dont condone or authorise the modification or its use Owners attemping this mod do so at their own risk.Thanks

The Equalcano Mod :)

20120805150021.jpg

This is my experience with the Equalcano bag mod for the Arizer EQ.Apologies its a little long I know!

I searched FC in 2011 and found little or no info on using a volcano bag with the EQ, so i decided I had to get an easy valve hooked up vertically for shivs and giggles.i hope you like:nod:

20120805145933.jpg

^Its a loose but a nice sealed fit^

I ve been looking into using an easy valve with the EQ in a round about way since I first got my EQ .I looked at the EQ bag system and laughed at the ridulous idea of a bag system.

I'd never seen a volcano or Eq before.I decided to buy the EQ because of the glass kit it came with and all the options you had with it and of course all your e friendly comments and input here on the EQ thread.Its an awesome vape and is even better when you get youre glass perfected.

Voila!
20120805145910.jpg

Above^^
14mm male gong and supplied oring which seals the bag to the EQ.I have yet to try an 18mm x 14mm male adapter instead of the illadelph adapter.Theres a good chance that will work just as good.

So i bought an EQ.After a while using the bag system, I went to whip mode but did nt like sitting down to the whip so much.

I decided the best use I could have for my Eq would be in a social setting.The Hi and launchbox satisfied my personal vaping use.In a social setting I prefered the idea of moving about,. the bags with the valve are versatile and can be passed easily or even thrown:D

Slowly but surely I got to thinking I like the bag system and the Equalcano was born.all along though I had been looking at the Volcano and the easyvalve bag system.so i Set out to adapt the EQ and perfect the little monster:borg:

I spoke to owners of the volcano and the EQ from FC and I came to the conclusion that the EQ is more suited to my needs.that opinion wasn't based on cost and outlay.It was based on my preference after input i received from fellow owners of the volcano and EQ here on FC.:tup:

I have to say it it is awesome.Its 95% finished.The final step will be replacing the heater cover with a longer one Thank you PlanetVape.The plan is to use the longer heater cover with a cloud elb basket.That will allow less changes between bags.I'm very impressed with it as it is.

The Eq Mod details how to mod your EQ.

Meds areplaced inside an elbow screen along with a homemade screen lid and inserted into the heater cover.

The heater cover has been raised a little to allow the basket to be placed directly on top of the heater in the EQ.

I made the screen lid from a stainless steel paperclip to prevent meds shooting up when the fan is on.The homemade screen works so much better than two elbow screens pushed together because it allows better airflow through the screen.Something for the cloud owners out there to try.

I picked up a female gong 18mm adapter to bring the bag a little closer to the element,although the standard cyclone will work fine.

As you can see above the glass looks pretty good on top of the Q and removes that open gap around the heater tube.The gap really isn t needed because all the air is sucked through the base of the EQ up through the internals and heated inside the heater cover.

Please note the female adapter wont work on a standard EQ because the top of the heater cover is recessed more

20120805145758.jpg

I ve left the unit running for 10 hours before now with no worries and I havent had any combustion during use.

you can see from the photos that I found the illadelph adapter actually works better if you turn it upside down, or in reverse of how its meant to be used , pop the bag connector straight into the 18mm female gong without an adapter and it seals good

the 14mm male pushes up into the bag when used with the oring and it seals it perfectly.Removing the bag from the adapter is childs play.It also opens the volcano bag right up allowing maximum flow into the bag.

I found using the illadelph adapter the official way, it is too tight on the easy valve connector. its just too hard to remove it when the youre ready.
using it the conventional way,you need to push it firmly in there to seal it otherwise it leaks and who wants to wrestle with red hot glass two minutes later.You really want the bag to pop off and self seal as soon as its ready.

Usage and temps and conserving

I heat up the EQ to 230C Fan 3 with all the glass in place for 10-15 mins.

For all the new EQ owners out there the key with the EQ is to preheat the glass hot and then some.Much less chance of the condensation on the inside of the glass.

after 10 minutes drop the temps to 170C (thats hot and will maximise things.I can start at 150C) load youre meds between the two screens,lift your e glass.Insert youre meds basket,reinstall glass,fit youre bag and turn Fan to setting 1. and Go!

20120805171639.jpg

I found through testing that setting 3 produced less and setting 1 produces more .It will fill a bag in 90 seconds. I get two bags from one elbow screen and by then its ready to dump.

I must mention that sometimes I remove meds between uses to prevent it cooking in the EQ thus conserving more which is something thats hard to do using the traditional cyclone bowl.I just pop the glass back on with out the basket in there.

its turned my EQ into a great bag vape which is what i designed it for.I wanted an EQ bag unit with bells and whistles and its what i got.:) hope you like

u bwade wunner,
Reactions: Nesta
did you get the mouthpieces? If so I would just make some bags out of turkey oven bags. If you dont have the mouthpieces you may just want to get a kit, and then in the future you can make replacements.

And glad you like your EQ mine has been a great investment, and I am sure just about everyone else here would agree :p

Also how fine do you guys generally grind your herbs?
I did not get the mouthpieces yet. Come to think of it, I also don't have the elbow adapter for the bag... I've honestly never head of turkey oven bags. I guess I'll buy the kit for the first time, then switch to oven bags. Do the oven bags have the same "crinkly" sound as vape bags?

I've been using a credit card grinder for most of my grinding lately. It has grades for vaporizing on one side and combusting on the other. Thinking about going electric though. Finer has always been better for me. But even if you grind coarse, after 2-3 hits you can always dump, finger grind, then reload and you'll get a really nice fine grind.

R7xTZ.png

kingofnull,

NaS71

happy420
ok thats kool! think ill hold off on the other mod and just stick with the easy valve mod! i like the way mine works! love the way i can raise the temp a few degrees! i get thick bags at 366F! only time i go over that is when vaping BHO! just hope the volcano mod works good! my local head shop has the easy valve kit so ill just pick one up an she how she works! question? will the elbow screen fit the low pro adaptor to still be able to do elbow hits! thanks for all the info! i need to make a ftp account so i can upload some picz for you guys! you really need to try the volcano liquid pads!

NaS71,

DougWilson

Day 3 with the EQ..still liking it a lot. I filled up a cloudy bag last night for the first time, that was fun. I've had almost no learning curve with this thing thanks to reading this entire thread. :)

On thick vapor hits I'm still coughing like a mofo. Is that supposed to happen?

DougWilson,

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
I am confused about how you inhale from that equalcano mod, isnt the glass super hot after removing it from the cyclone bowl?

Skeena,
can't wait to use a bag. Maybe I'll run out to a local head shop and pick up the bag kit today.

Doug Wilson, check your temps. I find that when I get into the higher temps, my throat gets dry and I cough. Lower (370-390) and I'm usually okay.

Or filter through water. Vapor in general is very dry.

kingofnull,

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
Day 3 with the EQ..still liking it a lot. I filled up a cloudy bag last night for the first time, that was fun. I've had almost no learning curve with this thing thanks to reading this entire thread. :)

On thick vapor hits I'm still coughing like a mofo. Is that supposed to happen?

Yes coughing is still normal while vaping(big hits) if you find yourself coughing a lot, a mod running the vapor through water should help.

Skeena,
As I don't have any bags yet, can anyone tell me if a CamelBak style bite valve would fit on the glass mouthpiece?

kingofnull,

u bwade wunner

will the elbow screen fit the low pro adaptor to still be able to do elbow hits! thanks for all the info! i need to make a ftp account so i can upload some picz for you guys!

No the elbow screen is designed to work with the heater tube mod.the elbow screen sits right above the heater in the heater cover not in the FF adapter.

The EQ elbow will slide straight into the low pro adapter and I can use a whip or whatever in there just like you would an elbow pack with the cyclone.but I have no need to.the performance is much better with the screen directly above the heater.

Unless you ve lifted the heater cover and made room for the elbow screen ,The 18mm FF low pro adapter wont reach the heater cover gong..get me?:)

just use imageshack to host youre pics and upload youre pics using the direct link it gives you from there.

I have to use lower temps now.150 is start off temps,170 gets you pretty hot.I would expect on 190 I am heading towards combustion.but I hate that taste so I have avoided combustion thus far.

the mod is very dependable and using the right temps I haven t had any combustion.I ve trialed it for months now with only improvements all round.the only niggle and its small is the heater cover has slight movement because its raised.

I have a longer heater cover coming from planetvape so that wont be an issue for long and I get to play with cloud elbs in my EQ:)

The beauty about this Mod is I knew I could return my EQ to how i bought it afterwards if I did nt like the mod.So far I love it.

I am confused about how you inhale from that equalcano mod, isnt the glass super hot after removing it from the cyclone bowl?

The orange volcano valve pops off the glass.the glass stays behind in the EQ.The picture of the glass in the orange easyvalve was just to show the nice fit between the two pieces.

the orange valve and bag you pull off are plastic and stay cool.
you can literally throw the bag around the room like a parachute to pass it, no breakable parts and nothing will escape.

How it works you push the black mouthpiece into the orange valve body as soon as you ve taken it from the EQ and press your e lips against the springloaded mouthpiece to use it. as soon as you remove youre lips the valve closes and wont release any more.so you could go pour a drink and come back to finish youre bag in a few minutes for example.its simple and ingenious how they worked out the valve.

the black mouthpiece I mention is next to the EQ in the first picture of my last post.

The easy valve system is beautiful and a lot less hassle than the EQ bag system where you have to hold youre finger over the end of the bag to seal it.That and its a bit of a fiddle to pull the bag off the EQ.

Using the supplied EQ bag system is fine and works well.I just wanted my bag experience to be perfect with the EQ:D anyway ask if you need help with your e EQ,Cheers :cheers:

u bwade wunner,

NaS71

happy420
no the low profile adapter should go in the cyclone bowl then the easy valve adapter! correct?thats why i ask if the elbow screen will fit into the low pro adapter that goes in the cyclone bowl? well i just picked up the easy valve kit! im so excited to get the parts to try it with the easy valve mod!

NaS71,

u bwade wunner

Now i see you mean this right?.a reducer

images

actually no you just use the illadelph adapter upside down like I ve shown with the oring.It slips and twists tight into the 18mm joint of the cyclone.
20120805145910.jpg

like this but you ll use it in youre cyclone bowl instead of the adapter.

for anyone else who hasn t bought bits yet maybe an 18mm x 14mm male adapter should work just as well.ask youre retailer

Hope that helps.Its handy to keep that reducer .they are so handy.

u bwade wunner,

Zookeeper

Just broke my EQ. Was disassembling to clean burnt weed out of the heater, and check if my mica support was melting. Couldnt figure out where the heat resistant fabric halves that fell off go, and guess I put them too low, cracked the glass on the pointless 'bulge' at the bottom when reassembling.

So as soon as I'm done being pissed about the inflated price of a new piece, I need to know, what is the correct orientation of the bulged lip on the bottom of the glass? What is the correct placement of the white kevlar or whatever it is thats supposed to isolate the glass from the plastic? why couldnt it just be long enough to isolate the whole tube.so I'm not parnoid of melting this thing next time I put it back together? and why were mine cut in halves and not a complete cover?

Also, where does the element sit inside the tube? when I got it, it was sticking out the top of the ground glass,but reassembling it, it seems like it shoulve been seated about 1/2" lower... (do to the dimensions of the mica support)

I watched that disassembly/reassembly vid but gathered absolutely nothing except that screws have to be removed and replaced. like theres any variable involved there..

Zookeeper,
Top Bottom