The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
dFy said:
Her feedback does look legit and it just backs the "It was stolen" theory because most of the stuff she sells she usually has more than one.

I have no dog in this fight but that looks to me like an unwarranted leap of logic. If she turns out to be legitimate, I hope to see some apologies, because you're sure stretching it out here to trash her.

pakalolo,

Pappy

shmaporist
pakalolo said:
dFy said:
Her feedback does look legit and it just backs the "It was stolen" theory because most of the stuff she sells she usually has more than one.

I have no dog in this fight but that looks to me like an unwarranted leap of logic. If she turns out to be legitimate, I hope to see some apologies, because you're sure stretching it out here to trash her.
She's certainly been deceptive with me. More slippery than an eel! That's why I had eBay and Paypal cancel the transaction after she skirted my simple questions 3 times. I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her. ;) Caveat emptor.

BTW spoke with Steve at Arizer and he's looking into this... Arizer doesn't sell "brand new" Extreme's without accessories. So whatever she's selling it can't be what she claims it is!

Pappy,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Pappy said:
pakalolo said:
dFy said:

She's certainly been deceptive with me. More slippery than an eel! That's why I had eBay and Paypal cancel the transaction after she skirted my simple questions 3 times. I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her. ;) Caveat emptor.

BTW spoke with Steve at Arizer and he's looking into this... Arizer doesn't sell "brand new" Extreme's without accessories. So whatever she's selling it can't be what she claims it is!

Again, I am just trying to be objective. I didn't see where anyone clarified what was understood by accessories. If she is selling factory-sealed boxes, then she might interpret 'accessories' as meaning a grinder or extra parts, stuff not in the original kit. After all, what would be the point of opening the boxes, removing the extra bowls, screens, or whatever? Is she selling parts separately?

She could be a crook, I'm not saying she isn't. I just don't see anything in this thread (which is now seriously off-topic) that justifies the claim dFy made.

pakalolo,

phrike

pakalolo said:
She could be a crook, I'm not saying she isn't. I just don't see anything in this thread (which is now seriously off-topic) that justifies the claim dFy made.

I don't think it's too far off topic. We ARE discussing Arizer Extreme Q, and a specific vendor with some very attractive prices, and warranty issues from unauthorized vendors etc.

Her ad says these are "Factory Sealed" boxes. If so, I'd presume they must contain what every other factory sealed box sold by a vendor contains.

I'd guess she doesn't really know anything about "accessories", she just knows she has sealed boxes that seem to contain the product. I'd also guess she does not want to open any box to see what's inside, and break the factory seal.

Hmmm, but you'd think a wary and savvy reseller might at least pop a box or two open to verify the contents are the product, and not some stones...

Anyway, I'm eagerly anticipating hearing further about the results, and getting my own Extreme Q.

phrike,

B.

War Criminal
i agree there's a fair chance she's equating accessories with extras. the pic she has up has the elbow and bag, and she does state they're factory sealed, so i agree she doesn't know her vapes like we do(who does tho :ko: ) and probably doesn't really know whats in the box. Also, she has 175 sales with 100% positive feedback, u can't get that if you're a scammer, right?

we should do some gambling on this...i got $20 that says she's legit(not really tho)

B.,

Pappy

shmaporist
Three times I asked her point blank if x-y-z was in included and each time she skirted answering with non answers like "It's ready to ship, is that a problem?" A reputable seller would answer honestly, not side-step 3 sets of questions with gobbledygook. So when I canceled the transaction she claimed she already shipped it -- a big lie! She never shipped it, I have no tracking number. She just made a grab for the dough, which she failed at.

Pappy,

dFy

Pappy said:
Three times I asked her point blank if x-y-z was in included and each time she skirted answering with non answers like "It's ready to ship, is that a problem?" A reputable seller would answer honestly, not side-step 3 sets of questions with gobbledygook. So when I canceled the transaction she claimed she already shipped it -- a big lie! She never shipped it, I have no tracking number. She just made a grab for the dough, which she failed at.

She's shipping with the cheapest shipping method via Canada Post (from a message she sent me) I can verify the fact that the cheapest option with Canada Post does not have a tracking number.

Hello, I dont usually ship with tracking numbers, it will cost me a bit more on shipping but if thats what you want, you will get a tracking number.

I don't really need a tracking number so I just replied back and said no thanks. My package hasn't been shipped that's why she offered to provide me a tracking number.

dFy,

stinkmeaner

Shiz said:
As you can see, they are not blue like I asked and the artwork is not in the same ballpark as the reference piece. They are just generic swirls. My excitement from finally receiving the package quickly faded to disappointment.

In closing, I only wish the guy would have been completely up front about whether or not he could match that artwork so I could have skipped the extra $50 for the mouthpiece and adapter and looked elsewhere. I wouldn't buy from them again for this reason.

For my money, the 19.7" beaker in my first pic that I got at Grasscity for $95 shipped was a much more satisfying purchase overall. I know you guys really love SSFG so sorry to post a semi-negative review but it's just the truth. I'm very curious to see what you all think of this transaction and those "custom" pieces. My search will continue for some sick pieces like Clear Dome used to make.

The work on the pieces that you received are far more complicated that the Clear Dome pieces, that wig wag is clean and so is the fade to clear swirl, not to mention the smooth welds. I am not knocking Clear Dome because I liked some of the colors he was using but these guys at SSGF have years of experience and their color worked sections, welds, and overall build quality are by far better than anything CD has posted, it just comes with experience.

Keep in mind that you are dealing with glass artists, artists being the key word so they might have had an idea and just went with it. It also could and you asked them to do custom colors on a $50 order, I am not trying to defend them but I just wanted to point out that they deal with multi-hundred dollar pieces and it might be hard for them to do custom colors on a $50 order if they don't have the color tube cane that you requested, these tube canes are custom made and when they make these color stacks they take extra time.

If you can deal with the color change I feel you made out good because $50 for those two is a killer deal, just check out the prices for the 7th Floor glass mouthpieces, they would charge you $50 for a one color frit mouthpiece, just compare to their site.

stinkmeaner,

Theo

stinkmeaner said:
The work on the pieces that you received are far more complicated that the Clear Dome pieces, that wig wag is clean and so is the fade to clear swirl, not to mention the smooth welds. I am not knocking Clear Dome because I liked some of the colors he was using but these guys at SSGF have years of experience and their color worked sections, welds, and overall build quality are by far better than anything CD has posted, it just comes with experience.

Keep in mind that you are dealing with glass artists, artists being the key word so they might have had an idea and just went with it. It also could and you asked them to do custom colors on a $50 order, I am not trying to defend them but I just wanted to point out that they deal with multi-hundred dollar pieces and it might be hard for them to do custom colors on a $50 order if they don't have the color tube cane that you requested, these tube canes are custom made and when they make these color stacks they take extra time.

If you can deal with the color change I feel you made out good because $50 for those two is a killer deal, just check out the prices for the 7th Floor glass mouthpieces, they would charge you $50 for a one color frit mouthpiece, just compare to their site.

I think you are mostly wrong. He asked for specific color combinations and didn't get what was requested. If him and the seller made a deal, $50 for these 2 pieces that would have certain work, then he should honor that agreement. I can't give somebody a good deal on something then get their order wrong just because I gave them a good deal. By no means am I saying the work isn't of great quality or the lines aren't clean, but it wasn't what was agreed upon between the customer and the seller.

Theo,

stinkmeaner

I meant to put in there somewhere that I didn't agree with the switch, I was basically trying to shed some light on why this probably happened, I also wanted to make him feel better about the quality of his purchase.
Also, you say certain work? You really shouldn't ask a glass blower to copy others work, that is just common sense as most have respect enough for each other not to copy styles.

stinkmeaner,

Theo

stinkmeaner said:
I meant to put in there somewhere that I didn't agree with the switch, I was basically trying to shed some light on why this probably happened, I also wanted to make him feel better about the quality of his purchase.
Also, you say certain work? You really shouldn't ask a glass blower to copy others work, that is just common sense as most have respect enough for each other not to copy styles.

How so? I have a friend who is a glassblower and I will show him work that I like and ask him to make me something similar. Granted, I wouldn't ask for an exact copy (don't think he did either), but I would still like it to be around the same specifications if that is what I asked for. I don't think it's disrespectful to a blower to use their work as a basis for what you want. But yes, I agree, you should not ask a blower to copy somebody's work exactly.

Theo,

Pappy

shmaporist
FWIW I believe Shiz's expectations were unrealistic given the time constraints, cost, and fact the sample was based on Glastafarian's style. OTOH I can't believe Ray didn't get the colors right. :o

Pappy,

2Supra4U

Persona Non Grata said:
I just bought one from the myrubberneck guy. $212 CAD shipped. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

phrike said:
Thanks, I'll be waiting to hear, because I might order from him.

Hello,

Long long time lurker, finally registered...don't know why I didn't sooner.

Anyways, I totally want to know the low down as well with this myrubberneck guy.

Looking to get my first REAL vape ( i own an IOlite, since summer 2009) and altough I kinda fell off keeping up with whats out and such, came across this thread. Thought to myself, shit this thing looks like it might be a winner. Best of both worlds (whip and bag). Canadian made (always like to support homegrown, pun :), as long as the quality is there). And with all the rave reviews it seems, along with the raves about the previous models being winners, watching all the videos as well, I decided this was going to be my pick. TBH I have never hit a volcano....just was never around one sadly. I'd love to, but sadly havn't had the opportunity....which is actually so odd considering. But hell, the 600-800+ pricefactor is just too overwhelming, unless of coarse money is no factor with you. Which is why this product ( EQ ) is so appealing when you can get it for around 250 if your lucky

Which circles me back to myrubberneck guy lol....

Please let us know the details and if th item you get is the real deal and if the warranty is honorable

Money is tight for me right now and after browsing for a few days and first seeing it for 299 at arizer....then 260+tax at rockwise, etc, then 230-260 on ebay and kijiji and craigslist.....then seeing 170 + 30 shipping from usa from myrubberguard guy I was ready to pull the trigger, but then I came accross some posts and stuff so i'm kinda glad I held off.

its kinda hard to argue anything when you can save yourself 100 essentially off the retail price. But, I don't mind paying in the 250 range if I know i got a honorable warranty if it comes to that. I just dont want to shell out near 300 (260+tax) when I see it for cheaper

which brings me to my last thing....I did come across a store, which also sells on ebay.
its www.vaporizer-store.net

they are canadian....but the thing I noticed that I liked is that they had taxes and shipping included in ther price (free shipping to canada i think anyway). and they have the EQ for about 260....taxes in.
I would just like to know if anyone has bought from here and if they are an authorized dealer?

If the myrubberneck guy dosen't pan out I guess this is my best option.....unless of coarse that anyone knows where I can get it for 220-250 legitimately from a authorized dealer and has a good warranty???? anyone??? lol

Anyways, after a long ramble (sorry).....do let us know if this guy is legit or not!

thanks

P.s. - i emailed arizer about authorized/unauthorized dealers list as well......i'm sure they have got a lot they should just put the shit up on their site already...

2Supra4U,

Shiz

stinkmeaner said:
....I also wanted to make him feel better about the quality of his purchase.
I appreciate that and I have to agree that the quality of the tube is great and I use it daily to finish off bowls to the last drop.

Quick note on compatibility: The SSFG pieces fit the stock tubing fine but they are too small for the upgraded tubing I use while the stock pieces fit the upgraded tubing perfectly. The Clear Dome piece has the same grooved fitting as the stock pieces which would have helped. THIS IS NOT a knock on SSFG at all but worth noting as I will have to be sure the next adapter I get has the stock fitting to avoid any modding requirements.

Shiz,

Shiz

Petfles said:
Too bad the elbow is already broken.. :(

From my usage it seems to be because the stock tubing is narrow and super stiff making it too hard to get off and on. If you leave it on long it gets even worse and almost feels fused to the glass.

The silicone tubing I use is way too soft to break anything but some folks don't like that texture. Slips right on and off making it super easy to clean your parts without trying to avoid a break every time you need to clean.

Shiz,

Pappy

shmaporist
Shiz said:
I will have to be sure the next adapter I get has the stock fitting to avoid any modding requirements.
Just ordered a Sherlock bubbler from Glasstafarian and specified the ID tube dimensions is 3/8" so the adaptor fits. SSGF's adaptor fits my tube perfectly. Didn't order mouthpiece because bong is mouthpiece! ;)

Pappy,

Shiz

Pappy said:
Didn't order mouthpiece because bong is mouthpiece! ;)

I'm curious about what other people's methods are. So you don't use the whip at all to get that super tasty unfiltered vapor Pappy?

I use the whip until the herb is pretty tapped out then turn up the temps some and obliterate the rest in the ice filled tube til the vapor is almost completely nonexistent. It always seems like the herb is tapped with the whip then with the tube I get countless more hits where I see vapor in the tube but not when exhaling. This gets me ridiculously more stoned using this method vs just using the whip til there's no more visible vapor.

Shiz,

Pappy

shmaporist
Shiz said:
I'm curious about what other people's methods are. So you don't use the whip at all to get that super tasty unfiltered vapor Pappy?
Still hit whip directly with my DBV. I consider it my premier whip vape. I've pretty much gone all bong with EQV. I preferred Cyclone bowls over elbows when whipping EQV... Larger loads and easier on throat. Bonging allows me to use elbows now because of increased filtration. I haven't done another Cyclone bowl since I got my 12" beaker.

Pappy,

dFy

dFy,

Pappy

shmaporist
dFy said:
Pappy said:
dFy said:
BTW have you heard from the seller? Any tracking info? Since I put the sale in dispute 8 days ago she hasn't responded to any of eBay's queries. If you believe she sent you a $150 item Internationally without a tracking number or Delivery confirmation the moon is made of hashish. ;)

I'm from Canada.
So you don't think she'd protect her $150 sale with a $.50 cent tracking number? Suppose you were dishonest, hypothetically. You just think this seller is so naive and trusting she didn't think about the fact you could be a crook?

Pappy,

dFy

Pappy said:
dFy said:
Pappy said:
BTW have you heard from the seller? Any tracking info? Since I put the sale in dispute 8 days ago she hasn't responded to any of eBay's queries. If you believe she sent you a $150 item Internationally without a tracking number or Delivery confirmation the moon is made of hashish. ;)

I'm from Canada.
So you don't think she'd protect her $150 sale with a $.50 cent tracking number? Suppose you were dishonest, hypothetically. You just think this seller is so naive and trusting she didn't think about the fact you could be a crook?

That's a possibility, I'll file a claim if the vape doesn't arrive by Wednesday but if it arrives I'll just order the whip/balloon kit from vaporizer.ca.

It also looks to be the older version of the Extreme Q because it has the silver decal.

img2656h.jpg

dFy,
Top Bottom