The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

gim

I typically just cut the tubing off the elbow. I used boiling water once to peel it back and it worked, but its just easier to slice it off.

If I'm removing the tubing it's generally because I'm cleaning parts and want to put a new tube on anyway.

gim,

deke

Vapeosaurus
I am a little shocked at how quickly parts get dirty. I've owned the Q for about a month now and while all the tubing is still nice and clear, the elbows get gunked up at a fairly rapid rate. I'm not really complaining - they're easy to clean - but I am busting out the rubbing alcohol and rock salt pretty often.

deke,

Wesley Pipes

keep that gunk, if its a nice honey color you can just scrape it and smoke that goodness get blazed

Wesley Pipes,

Pappy

shmaporist
deke said:
I am a little shocked at how quickly parts get dirty. I've owned the Q for about a month now and while all the tubing is still nice and clear, the elbows get gunked up at a fairly rapid rate. I'm not really complaining - they're easy to clean - but I am busting out the rubbing alcohol and rock salt pretty often.
"It's always a gas to vape some grass with squeaky clean vaporizer glass" :p
Unfortunately, the same same characteristic that causes EQV's elbow to gunk up fast -- the skinny neck -- is the culprit for the elbow's fragility. :rolleyes:

Pappy,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Once I changed to silicone tubing, no more broken elbows. It is more elastic. I have also been using my Clear Dome elbow.

chucku,

Pappy

shmaporist
My EQV is like Aladdin's Lamp! :D I just put .3 or .4g in the Cyclone bowl and got 15+ rips. :o :lol:

Pappy,

hereatlast

Yup Chucku, I think that stock tubing is as much the culprit for broken elbows as the thing glass itself. I was so happy once I upgraded to the Tygon 3350 (now I've got some 7th floor tubing that came with the current Vaportower whip), so much more flexibility which really facilitates passing the whip/bong around.

I'm with gim too, after one broken elbow I just started cutting the tubing off and only losing a half inch or so each time. I don't think the stock tubing is really up to ISO either so I tossed a lot of that once it was dirty.

hereatlast,

unzari

chucku said:
Once I changed to silicone tubing, no more broken elbows. It is more elastic. I have also been using my Clear Dome elbow.
Clear Dome elbow???? Wat dis?

Are there aftermarket pieces for extremes?

I'd kill to find a nice aftermarket whip adaptor for my bong.

unzari,

hereatlast

Not sure if CD is still doing Extreme accessories but there's plenty of options for your Extreme unzari. Skim through the past few pages and I know I've posted up the Vaportower whipset.

Really you just need an 18mm joint to fit on the heater cover, that gives a lot of possibilities.

As for the bong, all you need is an adaptor for your bong. GonG is generally considered the way to go around these parts and I agree wholeheartedly, a simple H20 adaptor (14mm or 18mm if its GonG) shouldn't be hard to find at etsy, 7th floor, or other online stores.

hereatlast,
hereatlast said:
Not sure if CD is still doing Extreme accessories but there's plenty of options for your Extreme unzari.
I have to disagree. I admit there are plenty of "original" replacements parts to be ordered online, but looking for custom, unique pieces for the EQ is near impossible. CD used to make accessories, he seems busy now with a local shop and is not taking custom orders. The only site I found that made custom parts were on the rockwise site, but feel they are too tame and not creative enough. I found one seller that is selling parts for it and I hope he still has them at the end of the month because I plan on snatching them with a quickness. I've been searching for a local glass blower that might be willing to blow me a custom piece. Other than that, I've researched all other options. If someone knows something different, PLEASE SHARE! lol :D

SuperSpliff,

hereatlast

Your definitely right about a lack of custom options SuperSpliff but there are options for 'aftermarket pieces' like Unzari said.

I'd love to see that piece if/when you get it. I know at least one other user on here had a killer custom set for the Extreme...pics might still be in the 'for sale thread.'

hereatlast,

canadibus

Hey guys, Ive got a buddy who just picked up the new extreme, and Im going over to help him dial it in. Are there any pointers you guys can give me on the new extreme (I have the older one) that I can pass along to him?

Update on my original extreme: fuckin love the thing... Ive had it for a year now, and its been on for several hours a day for the entire year almost and Ive had no issues with it.

Thanks for your time guys :)

canadibus,

Pappy

shmaporist
canadibus said:
Hey guys, Ive got a buddy who just picked up the new extreme, and Im going over to help him dial it in. Are there any pointers you guys can give me on the new extreme (I have the older one) that I can pass along to him?

Update on my original extreme: fuckin love the thing... Ive had it for a year now, and its been on for several hours a day for the entire year almost and Ive had no issues with it.

Thanks for your time guys :)
Depending on the the placement of the heater in relation to the heat sensors, an Extreme Q's sweet-spot is approximately 200c -- give or take 5%. It varies EQV to EQV and one must experiment with their own vape to determine its sweet-spot and characteristics. I arrived at this formula based on owning 2 EQVs that operate at a slight variance -- and by reading through and participating in this thread. :2c: :peace:

It goes without saying the quality of your herb is also a major factor. I don't grind with the EQV. I air cure and break it down by hand. I find the EQV favors a medium course mix due to the fineness of the elbow screen.

Pappy,

unzari

hereatlast said:
Not sure if CD is still doing Extreme accessories but there's plenty of options for your Extreme unzari. Skim through the past few pages and I know I've posted up the Vaportower whipset.

Really you just need an 18mm joint to fit on the heater cover, that gives a lot of possibilities.

As for the bong, all you need is an adaptor for your bong. GonG is generally considered the way to go around these parts and I agree wholeheartedly, a simple H20 adaptor (14mm or 18mm if its GonG) shouldn't be hard to find at etsy, 7th floor, or other online stores.
Yeah, I'm using the 14.4-18 GonG diffuser slide that came stock w my bong and it's good. Before I was using an elbow on each end of the tube (which I cut very short - maybe 12-3" - to account for the length of bong that the vape has to travel) and another GonG slide that was 18mm both ends which the elbow fit into perfectly.

But then I broke an elbow so I went to my local shop where I bought my vape (not an EQ but a v.3) and bought a new elbow along w replacement tubing.

The replacement tubing, which I figure must be the stock tubing for the EQ, has a 3/8" diameter, which fits into the 14.4 diffuser slide perfectly. It fits so snugly that no vape escapes, but I love the look of adapters and such, but they only mean one more piece to clean so I think I'm going to stick w this set up for a while.

What I think would be great, though, was if Arizer made the elbow thimble/screens in varying depths....I remember seeing some post here about someone who bought an aftermarket glass piece that fit onto the cyclone, replacing the elbow but with a bigger screen...the thing looked bloody great...Wish more aftermarket stuff was out there...

Btw, thanks for the tip re where to look for stuff. Checked out etsy and like the look of those H20 adaptors!

unzari,

unzari

realvapedman said:
I just picked up a Delux Dual Screen Hand Kit Whip from Vaporstore.com

Here's a link... https://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=VT-DXHK

Its designed for their Vapor Tower Vaporizer but they said that they tested it on an EQ and it fits. They guaranteed that it would fit or I can return it. I should get it in on Wednesday so I'll let evryone know how it works. I cant wait.
It's too late or I'd call em but does anyone know if they ship to canada?

unzari,

gim

Hopefully my custom bowl will be here monday and I can see if it helps any.

gim,

canadibus

Pappy said:
Depending on the the placement of the heater in relation to the heat sensors, an Extreme Q's sweet-spot is approximately 200c -- give or take 5%. It varies EQV to EQV and one must experiment with their own vape to determine its sweet-spot and characteristics. I arrived at this formula based on owning 2 EQVs that operate at a slight variance -- and by reading through and participating in this thread. :2c: :peace:

It goes without saying the quality of your herb is also a major factor. I don't grind with the EQV. I air cure and break it down by hand. I find the EQV favors a medium course mix due to the fineness of the elbow screen.
Thanks for your reply dude. I ended up getting over there and everything he was told about its operation etc was wrong. He had guys telling him you didnt have to grind etc... just getting the basics wrong. So he's a lot happier after I went through and helped him out.

I gave him the URL of this site, because I know how valuable this site was/still is for me when I was first thinking about getting a vape. Hopefully he signs up.

canadibus,

Pappy

shmaporist
canadibus said:
Thanks for your reply dude.
I gave him the URL of this site, because I know how valuable this site was/still is for me when I was first thinking about getting a vape. Hopefully he signs up.
You most welcome. what did all the EQVs break at the same time? Hasn't been a post in over week and this tread was relegated to Page 2.
Hey Gim, what the good word with your custom bowl? Haven't stopped inhaling yet?

Pappy,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
yo peeps, need some advice. A buddy got my cyclone jammed on the unit, and i cant get it off even after letting it cool right down. Any suggestions? I been wiggling my heart out. U think its safe to put it in the fridge/freezer and u think that would help?

Mr. Smoke No More,

gim

Pappy said:
Hey Gim, what the good word with your custom bowl? Haven't stopped inhaling yet?
It looks great but I have been severely busy so there has not been sufficient testing to say one way or the other. The couple of sessions I did were short but effective!

I will get pics and a full review up asap.

On the bowl being stuck on the GonG joint.. maybe cold would help? It's glass so I don't expect much expansion/contraction. I would really delicately try to apply positive force on the element(pushing, with like an eraser side of a pencil) while pulling up. I can't imagine how it got stuck that way.

That or take the thing apart.

If you do try to cool it, make sure the device has not been on and is room temperature throughout. You wouldn't want temp shock to break parts.

gim,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
ya thanks gim. havent vaped since yesterday when it happened so unit is cool already. but the down time is killin me. i was thinking about pushin sightly on the heater cover with something, pencil eraser is a good idea. give it a shot, but the real plan here is to seperate them without breaking the cover.

Does opening the unit void the the warranty now on the Q's?

Mr. Smoke No More,

hereatlast

I think twisting the Cyclone when its stuck like that has resulted in a few broken heater covers. I think the cyclone being twisting won't un-stick the bond and the element will twist with the glass. I think the wiggle or slight pressure is the best approach. :2c:

hereatlast,
Top Bottom