The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

AreaFour20

Sounds like you're on the right track WL.

As far as the warm up goes, I turn on the EQ set to 260C. After it reaches that temp I turn the fan on the number 3 setting for a minute, then number 2 setting for a minute, then on low for a minute or two. If the Cyclone Bowl feels hot then I'm good to go with the elbow hit. This has reduced the warm up times tremendously.
Rip, Remove, Replace the elbow with each hit for a greener taste.

The vapor, I find after the first, say, four or five hits starts to taste a little smokey. More like combustion in taste. So you might be combustavaping a little.:lol:
Best of luck!

AreaFour20,

AreaFour20

WickedLiquid said:
Anyways I elbow packed it, this time without grinding as fine. I let the machine warm up for about 25 minutes, put the whip in, let it heat up for about 30 seconds, and then went at it. I started it at 220 for temp. Then eventually as I went along moved up to 240. At the end I checked my leftovers, and there was some green, but it was mostly brown this time! It also got me decently high. I would have like to have been higher but the weed is like 3 weeks old and super dry and I spilled a little bit halfway through. All in all, it was a way better experience. Next time I'm going to do the same thing, except with fresher weed and I'll start at 230.
I find I can hit the whip as soon as I place the elbow into the cyclone bowl.:D

AreaFour20,

Pappy

shmaporist
AreaFour20 said:
The vapor, I find after the first, say, four or five hits starts to taste a little smokey. More like combustion in taste. So you might be combustavaping a little.:lol:
You coined a good phrase. EQV's fan and glass system (Elbow/Cyclone) are unique in that you don't remove the Cyclone until the load is finished. Some people drop the temp between hits but I generally don't. When I get my "new" new EQV later this week I'll experiment more. Meanwhile, I'm still searching for the perfect EQV whip/wand combo.

Pappy,

AreaFour20

Good luck Pappy with the new EQV! And the search for the whip/wand.
I'm still wondering if I should get a back up EQV! It might be a good idea.

I was loading the Cyclone bowl up at first but I would put too much in. With info here about putting it in the elbow, I tried it and it worked great. I just seem to use a whole lot less when I pack a small amount in the elbow.

AreaFour20,

Pappy

shmaporist
AreaFour20 said:
Good luck Pappy with the new EQV! And the search for the whip/wand.
I'm still wondering if I should get a back up EQV! It might be a good idea.

I was loading the Cyclone bowl up at first but I would put too much in. With info here about putting it in the elbow, I tried it and it worked great. I just seem to use a whole lot less when I pack a small amount in the elbow.
A backup vape is a good idea but you may want to try a different type. You can't beat DBV of SSV for whips, people swear by Purple Days, and as a new MFLB owner I (like everyone else) marvel at is ingenious simplicity.

Pappy,

Wesley Pipes

for my unit i usually set it to 240 with the elbow and cyclone bowl in and run it at fan 3 until its hot to touch the elbow... usually 2-3 mins, then i drop it down to 210, turn the fan off elbow pack and rip and i get great hits. this is plenty warmup and real quick

what do you guys think of this idea, would it be worth putting the unit on a fan cooler pad that lets laptops breathe from the bottom?

Wesley Pipes,

gonz_

deke said:
Hey all, wanted to share some pics of my updated setup.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wZ-Jj4zNY9g/TETl7bkppyI/AAAAAAAAAiE/SUbb6Au_tqI/s1600/DSC_0150.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wZ-Jj4zNY9g/TETmEhNoTEI/AAAAAAAAAiM/x42mD6XAXcI/s1600/DSC_0152.JPG

There was a big weed expo here in Toronto this past weekend, and they were handing out free Volcano bags and easy valves at the door. Needless to say, I picked up three hoping I could get the setup to work with my Q. It works fine - the bag doesn't fill as quickly as it would on a Volcano, but the vapor quality is excellent.

I also picked up the bong seen here for $40, and an adapter to make it work with the whip setup for $15.
I'm loving what you did in the first pic. You said the purple glass piece connecting the balloon to the unit was from a broken vape, but could something else be used?

gonz_,

deke

Vapeosaurus
gonz: Yeah, the purple glass is from a Kia Vaporizer (if you Google them you can buy all their accessories, including that piece). That said, yeah, anything could work. The purple glass is the same size at both ends as the elbow on the EQ, so it's basically the same thing, just vertical. I've tried the Volcano bag setup with the elbow piece and it works just fine. I just use the Kia glass because I already have it and the vertical bag feels more 'Volcano' to me.

Like I said a few pages back, I highly recommend trying this to anyone who has access to Volcano bags. They aren't truly hands-free but they're great for active sessions. I like cooking or vacuuming or whatever while carrying a Volcano bag full of tasty vapor.

As an aside, I was in my hometown this past weekend visiting parents and old friends, and was without my EQ. I wound up combusting for the first time in about a month and man do I feel like shit! My lungs and overall energy level are definitely suffering. I can't wait to get back to vapor.

deke,

AreaFour20

deke said:
As an aside, I was in my hometown this past weekend visiting parents and old friends, and was without my EQ. I wound up combusting for the first time in about a month and man do I feel like shit! My lungs and overall energy level are definitely suffering. I can't wait to get back to vapor.
Same here. One evening this week I was out so I broke out the ABV stash. Rolled it up and I was back to aggravated hacking. All I can say is thank God for these vaporizers.:D

AreaFour20,

AreaFour20

Wesley Pipes said:
for my unit i usually set it to 240 with the elbow and cyclone bowl in and run it at fan 3 until its hot to touch the elbow... usually 2-3 mins, then i drop it down to 210, turn the fan off elbow pack and rip and i get great hits. this is plenty warmup and real quick

what do you guys think of this idea, would it be worth putting the unit on a fan cooler pad that lets laptops breathe from the bottom?
Wes,
I personally don't think it's needed but if it somehow improves on the overall function go for it. Let us know if it works out.:cool:

AreaFour20,

sixthsensi

Vapor Rapor
Pappy said:
ShadowLink12 said:
sixthsensi said:
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if Arizer could design/blow a new glass mouthpiece with a little chamber inside, and some sort of glass ball inside that only lets out vapor when you inhale? You'd probably have to keep the tip up when passing, but better than nothing. Or maybe their already designing something....:2c:
That is what I would love to see, is Arizer coming up with a valve option. It wouldn't have to be included in the package, much like the tuff bowl, but I would order it.
I agree. The bag system could use a valve and the Cyclone/Elbow system would also benefit from tweaking. I find the elbow gets clogged when using the cyclone bowl and the elbow load requires too many refills. But I love EQV... Great vape!
I wish I had a camera... You know those Camelback bladder systems, with the water bladder and hose? Well I cut off the bite valve, leaving about a 1/4 inch of the tubing on. It happens to be the perfect diameter to fit onto the Q bag's mouthpiece. Is it safe? Not sure. I know that it IS food grade materials since it's used for drinking, but not sure if the heat of the vapor is a factor, but doesn't seem to be. They sell the bladder kits separately, I'm going to look for one with the actual valve on it when I get some paper. Holla at yo boi! :uhoh:

sixthsensi,

ZigZag

i think you would be pretty safe using that because once the bags filled the vapor isnt very hot.

ZigZag,

gim

I finally got a glass guy to make a custom bowl for the EQ. I'll give a writeup as soon as I get it.

gim,

wolf torn

My elbow just broke today

was trying to get the tube off being very careful but it broke :( no bong rips now... :mad:

The elbow is VERY fragile apparently, I knew to be careful too.

wolf torn,

Pappy

shmaporist
lowfront said:
My elbow just broke today

was trying to get the tube off being very careful but it broke :( no bong rips now... :mad:

The elbow is VERY fragile apparently, I knew to be careful too.
You should have 2 elbows. Use the balloon one.

Pappy,

Persona Non Grata

turn on, tune in, hulk out
tip: run hot water over it for a minute and the tube will soften, be much easier to remove/attach glass

Persona Non Grata,

hereatlast

Ya it seems the tube:glass connection is stronger than the glass itself. I've actually stocked up on elbows and now don't even use them at all :rolleyes:

hereatlast,

Pappy

shmaporist
Received my second Extreme Q today and have been playing around with it. :lol: Nothing quite like it. What a killer vape! Really missed it in my lineup.

My empirical observation is the second EQV seems to heat a bit faster and vape a bit hotter at the same temperature settings. :2c: That doesn't surprise me having read through this thread. People have reported slight variances at given temperatures throughout. I conclude that's why 195c works for some EQVs while others require 210-220c.

Just because it's a digital model doesn't mean the sweet-spot doesn't vary from vape to vape. A couple of millimeters difference on the sensor or heater placement may produce widely varying readouts. Keep this in mind when reading through this or any other thread on this forum.

Geez, I can't believe I'm writing this while I'm stoned. :uhoh: Never mind! :lol:

Pappy,

deke

Vapeosaurus
I also broke the elbow once. Luckily, I know a head shop that stocks them so I didn't have to wait long for a replacement.

My advice for pulling them out of the tube: Hold the elbow and find something strong (like a knife or a metal stirrer), then start pushing the tube away from the elbow. Don't try to get it all the way off. If you do it right, you'll break the seal. It'll be visible - where you pushed, the tube and elbow glass should look more 'separated' than they did before. Do this in two or three places around the circumference of the tube. By that point, there shouldn't be much of a seal and you should be able to (carefully) wiggle it off.

deke,

deke

Vapeosaurus
Yeah, heating didn't prevent mine from breaking either. Applying heat definitely helps when you're putting things back together though.

I think the main thing is to break the seal the tubing forms against the glass. Hopefully my description made sense. I use a rigid metal stirrer (the same kind of thing you check heat on roasts with).

deke,

AreaFour20

I pictured myself without a way to vape with only the whip elbow left so, just in case, I ordered a replacement from the vaporstore.:D

Pappy! :cool: On the new EQ!

AreaFour20,
Top Bottom