The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Pappy

shmaporist
Pappy's Got A Brand New Arizer...
20100724-fgrw634uqfphn4eafmw5i7k5xx.jpg

Pappy,

Wesley Pipes

Im a big fan of the stirring wand and find that it is actually pretty multipurpose ans solves some of the issues people talk about
- it obviously stirrs and gets the bud out after you're done
- the blunt end of it is great to pack down and even out the bud when doing the elbow method. I just quick inhale over the bud and lightly pack it down with the flat side kind of like a coffee press, not too tight though, I found I could pack more into the elbow and make it last well for multiple people.
- if you put it into the mouthpiece or bag sharp side in it seals it up if saving it or passing.

Wesley Pipes,

wolf torn

haha, I use the wand for that as well

Love the thing. lost it the other day and was actually gonna order another one cause I love it so much.

wolf torn,

Pappy

shmaporist
lowfront said:
haha, I use the wand for that as well

Love the thing. lost it the other day and was actually gonna order another one cause I love it so much.
You're not a true vaporist until you break you stirrer... That applies to all vapes and models! :lol:

Pappy,

AreaFour20

I too love my EQ! I was thinking I should get a backup if my EQ ever goes out...

I broke my stirrier the first week I had the EQ and was able to sand the point smooth again with some super fine sandpaper (800 grit). It worked out great!:cool:

AreaFour20,

WickedLiquid

Alright so I tried it again, this time I elbow packed. Let the machine warm up for ten minutes, then put the whip in the machine and waited another five. So it warmed up for 15 total. Then I hit it up. I still get higher from my bubbler with less weed though. I had to use more with the vape. When I looked at the grinded weed after, there was still alot of green again. I don't get it.

Why is there still tons of green left over? I'm clearly not getting the most out of my bowls. I started the temp at 190C and then by the end had it at 210C

WickedLiquid,

hereatlast

Possibly a temp sensor is off? Have you tried a whole session in the upper range to at least see if it cooks the way you want?

I know there must be a little variation from unit to unit especially after wear but I know for sure that 190-210C should be cooking at least part of the herb.

By the way, what's the herb quality and how many hits are you taking? Have you tried bags? I found that the constant air (via fan) and heat was the best way to fully cook a bowl. Hope it works out.

hereatlast,

WickedLiquid

That's what I'm saying man I think the heat sensor is off or something.

The herb is decent, pretty dry though.

I take as many hits as I can, i just keep doing it until it seems there is nothing left.. But there is always some green left. Also it's a v-tower not EQ, there's no bags.

What should I do? Go back to the store I bought it from? send it in to arizer or something?

WickedLiquid,

AreaFour20

I believe some units may run a little cooler. I put a digital thermometer on the screen area above the heater and the reading was 200 degrees celsius and the display said 230 degrees C.
So if you are packing the elbow up higher where it's cooler try setting your unit at 230 C.
Also don't grind your bud up fine. leave it kinda torn apart like you are getting ready to roll up one.
My herb would be greatly spent if I left it to cook for five minutes before trying it.

I will pack an elbow with the smallest amount (barely half the depth of the screen).
My EQ is heated to 230 Celsius (LCD display) without the packed elbow in place.
As soon as the EQ is hot (to temp) place the elbow in the cyclone bowl and take a slow draw.
Exhale under a florescent light and you should see the vapor from your exhalation.
I remove the elbow immediately after each hit to retain as much of a green tasting hit as I can get.
It will have a green taste not a smoky taste for at least 3 hits. After that it diminishes. :2c:

Good luck:)

AreaFour20,

leesan

I've had my extreme q for 5 days. Experimenting was never so much fun. I want to thank you people who suggested the elbow pack. I was so impressed with that process that I had to sit down for a few minutes. Wow!

leesan,

AreaFour20

Welcome leesan!
There is definitely a learning curve with the EQ. But once a person has a little time with it, the EQ becomes an indispensable part of life.:lol:

AreaFour20,

AreaFour20

leesan,
That's a great idea about the glass Martini stirrers as a replacement for the glass stirrer!
Thanks for that!:cool:

AreaFour20,

WickedLiquid

Well it may not be another while cause im going away, but thanks for the tip. I'll try hotter, and I won't grind it as fine (I've been grinding it REALLY fine.)

WickedLiquid,

Pappy

shmaporist
WickedLiquid said:
That's what I'm saying man I think the heat sensor is off or something.
The herb is decent, pretty dry though. I take as many hits as I can, i just keep doing it until it seems there is nothing left. But there is always some green left. Also it's a v-tower not EQ, there's no bags. What should I do? Go back to the store I bought it from? send it in to arizer or something?
Don't give up. Arizer's digital LCD sensor reads the temperature of the ceramic heating element not the herb. Different strains produce variable ABV and impact the color and texture more than any other factor. The EQV generally produces lighter ABV than other vapes I use like DBV. The EQV has a slight learning curve but it's worth it. I'd experiment with the Cyclone bowl too if you like a whip. Good luck!

Pappy,

hereatlast

Hey Area what's the logic behind your not-so-fine grinding approach? I know some vapes benefit from larger, intact pieces (like the HerbalAire) but I thought in general you're after a finer grind when vaporizing. In the long run the surface-area a fine grind exposes allows for more vapor I think. Just wondering, maybe I'll try back to back in my Extreme at some point.

Wicked I think trying a full session at a higher temp might be the best way to find out what your V-Tower is capable of. Sorry I forgot you didn't have the the Extreme.

hereatlast,

AreaFour20

hereatlast said:
Hey Area what's the logic behind your not-so-fine grinding approach? I know some vapes benefit from larger, intact pieces (like the HerbalAire) but I thought in general you're after a finer grind when vaporizing. In the long run the surface-area a fine grind exposes allows for more vapor I think. Just wondering, maybe I'll try back to back in my Extreme at some point.

Wicked I think trying a full session at a higher temp might be the best way to find out what your V-Tower is capable of. Sorry I forgot you didn't have the the Extreme.
It may be just my approach. If I grind it up finer it seems not to last as long (we're talking a hit or two anyway) also it stays in the elbow without falling out. Then I grind up what's left in the elbow and take another hit.
I'm still experimenting but I like to remove the whip/elbow from the cyclone bowl after each hit so it stays greener longer.
I guess my goal is to not go through the herb so fast (cause it's so damn expensive on my lungs and wallet) so I try to use as little as possible, each time, to achieve the same end.

I'm surprised how little it takes. :cool:

I'll never go back to combustion.

AreaFour20,

Pappy

shmaporist
AreaFour20 said:
If I grind it up finer it seems not to last as long (we're talking a hit or two anyway) also it stays in the elbow without falling out. Then I grind up what's left in the elbow and take another hit.
I'm still experimenting but I like to remove the whip/elbow from the cyclone bowl after each hit so it stays greener longer.

I guess my goal is to not go through the herb so fast (cause it's so damn expensive on my lungs and wallet) so I try to use as little as possible, each time, to achieve the same end.
I prefer the Cyclone bowl. That said, I find a medium grind from a Sharpstone grinder works best with the EQV because powdery herb tends to clog the Elbow screen which has a fine mesh. As you note, different vapes require different consistencies. I use a strainer for my DBV wand for example. DBV tends to bake the herb whereas EQV tends to percolate it.

Pappy,

AreaFour20

Pappy said:
AreaFour20 said:
If I grind it up finer it seems not to last as long (we're talking a hit or two anyway) also it stays in the elbow without falling out. Then I grind up what's left in the elbow and take another hit.

I prefer the Cyclone bowl. That said, I find a medium grind from a Sharpstone grinder works best with the EQV because powdery herb tends to clog the Elbow screen which has a fine mesh. As you note, different vapes require different consistencies. I use a strainer for my DBV wand for example. DBV tends to bake the herb whereas EQV tends to percolate it.
I'll try a medium grind on the next go.
I don't have a grinder so I'll go online and see if I can locate a
Sharpstone grinder.:D

AreaFour20,

Pappy

shmaporist
AreaFour20 said:
I'll try a medium grind on the next go.
I don't have a grinder so I'll go online and see if I can locate a
Sharpstone grinder.:D
Let us know how it works out. BTW/Not an endorsement of Sharpstone grinders. Any decent grinder will do. ;)

Pappy,

ZigZag

i also use a sharpstone they work pretty good. someone told me once that with really sticky bud you can break the teeth in them though. it never has happend to me though.

ZigZag,

max

Out to lunch
someone told me once that with really sticky bud you can break the teeth in them though.
Really sticky bud on a big fat stem maybe. :lol: The stickiness factor wouldn't be a problem, but high resistence could be, at least for 'attached teeth'. I hear that Sharpstones are now made 100% CNC, unlike in the past. If a grinder is made from one solid piece of aluminum (the teeth are cut from the block of metal and not simply attached afterwards), it's unlikely that teeth are going to break or bend. 100% CNC manufacturing is so cheap these days, it doesn't make sense to produce anything less. I'm currently using a cheap Sharp Crusher ($15 delivered). I've worked it hard and it does as well as any grinder I've used.

I would agree with Pappy that a really fine grind isn't necessary or advisable with the E. Running it through a 4 pc. for a fairly coarse grind should work great.

max,

WickedLiquid

Alright, so I was worried I wouldn't have enough to make a bowl, but I managed to get together about .4-.5 of leftovers from previous bags etc. Needless to say it was pretty dry.

Anyways I elbow packed it, this time without grinding as fine. I let the machine warm up for about 25 minutes, put the whip in, let it heat up for about 30 seconds, and then went at it. I started it at 220 for temp. Then eventually as I went along moved up to 240. At the end I checked my leftovers, and there was some green, but it was mostly brown this time! It also got me decently high. I would have like to have been higher but the weed is like 3 weeks old and super dry and I spilled a little bit halfway through. All in all, it was a way better experience. Next time I'm going to do the same thing, except with fresher weed and I'll start at 230.

I noticed that even like 20.... 30 minutes later I was still getting vapor, not tons, but definitely enough to keep going. How long does your vapor usually last you? Mine seemed to keep on going forever, which could be why It sometimes comes back out green. Even though there was still vapor 30 minutes later, I wasn't actually getting any higher off it.

WickedLiquid,
Top Bottom