The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

RancidPain

Yes mine blinks the whole time too. That's why I was asking. I just tested and noticed if I raise the temp higher than what I need for about a min then lower it down it turns off but after a few uses it starts to blink again and won't stop unless I repeat those steps. Hope mine is not defective. :uhoh: It seems to work well. Also there seems to be a very faint electric sound when heating. Is that normal? Pls say it is. I'm happy with it so far but for the money I wan't to make sure I didn't get a lemon.

RancidPain,

RancidPain

Cool lowfront that makes me feel better. :) No problems with yours so for? How long have u owned it if I may ask?

RancidPain,

ZigZag

the noise you hear is the ceramic heating element i also was worried about that. i think theres some info on it in past posts. and i also think that the blinking light is supposed to be there, there was a post i saw on here that said that the light blinks when the unit is maintaining a certain heat. so when it turns off its because your vape is heating down.
theres some videos on youtube made by rockwise and some other people, you can check the lights in the videos if your still worried.

iv had my vape sense i registered on here, i think feb maybe i use it every day and have had no problems other than herb falling down the hole into the machine.

ZigZag,

RancidPain

Thanks ZigZag. All bad thoughts out the window. I stayed up late and had come to the same conlusion about the blinking light and the noise but was not sure, it's good to hear someone else concur though. Rock'n'Roll. Ya'll have a good day. :D

RancidPain,

RancidPain

Ok just to wrap things up and for any one else who would like to know I got this reply to my email from Arizer:

Hello :p,

Thank you for your email. I am not sure I understand your question, but if you are referring to the red LED that blinks on and off, this light indicates when heat is being added to the ceramic core. It blinks because the unit is moderating the heat to maintain consistency at your set temperatures.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Kevin
Arizer Tech
service@arizer.com

RancidPain,

deke

Vapeosaurus
Hey all, wanted to share some pics of my updated setup.

DSC_0150.JPG

DSC_0152.JPG

There was a big weed expo here in Toronto this past weekend, and they were handing out free Volcano bags and easy valves at the door. Needless to say, I picked up three hoping I could get the setup to work with my Q. It works fine - the bag doesn't fill as quickly as it would on a Volcano, but the vapor quality is excellent.

I also picked up the bong seen here for $40, and an adapter to make it work with the whip setup for $15.

deke,

WickedLiquid

So I picked up a V-tower yesterday and gave it a try last night. It did get me high, but it took a very long time, and I even had the machine up to 250C at one point. None of the bud got burnt at that temp, in fact the majority of the bud is still green, with some of it being yellow/light brown.

What's going on?

edit: I would say it's about half green half brown or 3/4 brown 1/4 green. It's difficult to tell because its so ground up. But the point remains none of it is black even though I had the thing up to 250C.

WickedLiquid,

hereatlast

Your ABV (Already Been Vaped) shouldn't necessarily be black, that's getting it too far (IMO). It almost sounds like you're looking to combust/smoke with the unit? It wasn't designed to do that for sure, some other vapes might be more suited to your high-temperature tastes? Best of luck. :2c:

hereatlast,

WickedLiquid

hereatlast said:
Your ABV (Already Been Vaped) shouldn't necessarily be black, that's getting it too far (IMO). It almost sounds like you're looking to combust/smoke with the unit? It wasn't designed to do that for sure, some other vapes might be more suited to your high-temperature tastes? Best of luck. :2c:
No I'm not saying I want it black or burnt, I'm suggesting that my vaporizer isn't heating at the temperature it says it is. I'm saying although the LCD screen said it was at 250 it couldn't have been because it didn't turn black.

WickedLiquid,

RancidPain

Let me ask you:
1 Did you give it a good 10 - 15 min to warm up before vaping?
2 Was your bowl really packed?

P.S.
I could be wrong but your herp even at max setting I don't think shouldn't char or turn black.

RancidPain,

WickedLiquid

RancidPain said:
Let me ask you:
1 Did you give it a good 10 - 15 min to warm up before vaping?
2 Was your bowl really packed?

P.S.i
I could be wrong but your herp even at max setting I don't think shouldn't char or turn black.
1. No, but I mean I was vaping for a good thirty minutes.
2. Not really, I'd say I had .25-.3 at any given time and although I didnt use a grinder, I used my fingers, I still grinded it pretty well.

I was told the ideal setting was 365 F is that right?

WickedLiquid,

RancidPain

Well...... I know for me it work well but I did give it time to heat up the bowl while a grinded my herb. Also I used the glass wand to mix it some after a while to get more vape out. It didn't take long either. Your herb shouldn't turn any darker than yellow to brown. Next time turn it on and let it warm up the bowl while you break up your herb and give it another try. After a while use the glass pick to stir your herb and vape some more and let us know.

Check out the picture above by "deke" the bag is full of vape and the herb not close to being black.
As to the temp I'm not exact. I change it up every now and then. Low for tasty light vape and high for thicker vape. Also the quality of ther herb can be and issue unless you know for sure it's good. Is it dry, moist, sticky? This would also determin the temp needed and time needed to warm up.

RancidPain,

Persona Non Grata

turn on, tune in, hulk out
WickedLiquid said:
2. Not really, I'd say I had .25-.3 at any given time and although I didnt use a grinder, I used my fingers, I still grinded it pretty well.

365F is 185C right? thats IME a bit low for the extremeQ. try around 200C and see how that goes then adjust to your tastes. I normally use the EQ at 190 or 195 with the whip.

let it warm up for approx 5 mins or more. grind your weed up well. try the elbow pack method. inhale slowly

Persona Non Grata,

WickedLiquid

Persona Non Grata said:
WickedLiquid said:

365F is 185C right? thats IME a bit low for the extremeQ. try around 200C and see how that goes then adjust to your tastes. I normally use the EQ at 190 or 195 with the whip.

let it warm up for approx 5 mins or more. grind your weed up well. try the elbow pack method. inhale slowly
I'm using the V-tower I don't know if that makes a difference. Regardless isn't 200C too high? Doesn't that begin to burn the bad stuff?

WickedLiquid,

no1_2talk2

Mr. Smoke No More said:
Sorry, dont understand what exactly u want. u want like a downstem/mouthpiece in one? Does your bong have a downstem? or u saying your bowl and d/s are one piece and u need it to act as the d/s. why do u want the mouth piece to go in the water? is your bong GonG?
I'm not sure what size my bong is..it has a rubber grommet that holds a small funnel shaped piece that holds the bowl and the stem that goes down into the water, they seal together w/an o-ring..to clear the bong you pull the bowl & stem out of the piece in the grommet.

what i am saying is if the mouth piece was longer on 1 end like i drew in that link i could pull the bowl and stem out of my bong and the longer mouthpiece would slip right in where the stem was. i was trying to get the piece out and broke the piece in the grommet and i pulled it all out and the grommet fits the o.d. of the tubing where the mouthpiece goes in it and it works fair, but has to be a better way to connect the two and still have a usable bong.

i see several ways to do it, i plan to study them & find what i think would work best for me!

no1_2talk2,

immun56

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone here had used this puppy for hash. Looking to quit joints now that i have quit ciggies, and this vap looks good for the money.

I realize this has probably been asked, but I have had problems with the search sorry. (search results only show form topic, not which page ??)

Awesome site by the way, have not smoked a vaporizer since i was in Holland, but you have all convinced me.

immun56,

sixthsensi

Vapor Rapor
For about a month after buying the Q, I will admit I was very frustrated at times. After some lurking on FC, and home experiments, I finally found an efficient method for using my Ex-Q. Someone, somewhere on FC commented that they just flip the Q upside down into their bong. I tried it out and it's awesome! Wish I knew who to thank. I just insert the "dome screen" into the 18.8mm downstem/diffuser on my little bong, which happens to fit just right luckily. Next I load about a quarter teaspoon of herb into it. Flip my Q upside down, and insert the Q's glass tube into the downstem. I start out at 150C, and proceed in increments of 10 degrees up to 210C. I know a lot of you already know this, but thought I'd post to help any new purchasers. I couldn't have done it without all of your help! Gracias!:ko:

sixthsensi,

catillac

Yesterday at this time I had never used a vaporizer.

I recently moved to an apt building and smoking on the balc is not an option, smoking inside is not an option. I started looking into smokeless options. Weed milk, butter etc then remembered hearing about vaporizers years ago. So I googled it. After much research I decided that this was the model for me.

I was worried it wouldn't get me high.

I did not heed the "you don't need as much" warnings and cut up as much as I'd use for a joint. Packed it into the bowl and the wife and I toked away. Well, I haven't been that stoned in a long time. The wife got "too" stoned for her liking but she wasn't all paranoid. The buzz is different, better IMO. It tastes sooo fucking good. Smoked shit that was all dried up, can't wait to try some fresh nugs.

This thing will save us so much money in the long run. We had been smoking 3-4 .5 gram joints a night...between 730-11pm. We vaped 1 bowl last night and that was enough.

It did feel like something was missing though. I smoke J's with tobacco so while being high as fuck I still wanted to smoke a J. So now I guess I need to quit smoking.

Extreme Q is easy to use and effective. Thanks Arizer!

catillac,

hereatlast

Wicked I hope you were able to figure this out. I'm still a little confused because it sounds as if you though 200C was too high yet your expecting black ABV? If your ABV is black your definitely getting the 'bad stuff'. I don't think 200C is too high and by your own use it seems that you don't think 250C is high enough either?

I was able to get my ABV uniformly light brown with the Extreme, that was my intention at least.

hereatlast,

sixthsensi

Vapor Rapor
@catillac I think your gonna like the health benefits, flavor, and customizable highs when you get it down pat. I felt more peace of mind knowing I wasn't ingesting all the byproducts of combustion. It's also pretty cool that it provides a healthier way to unwind than alcohol and tobacco. The fact that I was putting an effort forth to take care of my body by vaping, led me to take more interest in improving my overall health. Have Fun! :brow:

sixthsensi,
WickedLiquid said:
Persona Non Grata said:
WickedLiquid said:

I'm using the V-tower I don't know if that makes a difference. Regardless isn't 200C too high? Doesn't that begin to burn the bad stuff?
I use mine at 390F to 420F. lower for the whip and higher for the bong. for a bag i would say just find a good middle ground. hope that helps HAPPY VAPING!!!!!

bladesrh420,
Top Bottom