The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

ShadowLink12

Activist
Seeing the volcano bag hooked up to the EQ makes me ask, has anyone tried to modify the bag for the extreme so it has some sort of valve? I have always wondered this, because the only thing that would make me consider a volcano in the future is that you have to cover the extreme bag with your finger, which is kind of gross when you think about it, and it is usually fairly hot right off the unit. I thought about trying to do something myself, but I am afraid I would buy some sort of valve that gives off fumes or something, or wouldn't fit onto the mini whip. I just hate seeing that precious vapor float through the air as it leaks out when being passed.

I know the Volcano valve is patented, and only works with the volcano, but even a valve that you had to turn to open and close would be AMAZING. I am surprised Arizer hasn't come up with anything yet.

ShadowLink12,

Pappy

shmaporist
bladesrh420 said:
I use mine at 390F to 420F. lower for the whip and higher for the bong. for a bag i would say just find a good middle ground. hope that helps HAPPY VAPING!!!!!
I hear 420 is called 420 because when you vape 420 @ 420F -- Hold it, what was I saying?

Pappy,

deke

Vapeosaurus
I was pretty fortunate with my Volcano bag set-up. I got the bags for free, and the vertical glass piece came from my broken piece-of-shit Kia vaporizer. But if you're willing to spend the money to do it (I think it's about $60 for 6 volcano valves and bags, and as for the glass piece there are probably plenty of options), I'd definitely recommend it. It looks a little haphazard but actually fits on quite snugly. With the rigidity of Volcano bags, I can brew up bags without having to really support them. There's also no visible vapor leakage out the bottom.

I was just thinking, you could probably do it horizontally with just the basic elbow and mini-whip. I haven't tried it. With my setup, the glass is attached to about an inch of tube - just enough to get well into the Volcano bag.

I stumbled on this completely by accident. Some of the other Q owners out there must know someone with a Volcano - you should try the Volcano bag setup. I prefer the valve style for obvious reasons. The only downside to the valve/upside to the Q mouthpiece is that it's possible to support the Q mouthpiece in your mouth, making it handsfree. With the Volcano valve, you definitely need a hand on the mouthpiece.

deke,

gim

It would be very easy to use a pvc ball valve on some airline tubing as long as it wasnt directly on the bowl. I'm thinking of rigging up a bag so it I have a valve about 3 inches up from the bowl off some tubing. This should allow for the vapor to cool enough as to not damage the valve, which would make it safe to breathe through and still allow for control of bag contents.

gim,

WickedLiquid

hereatlast said:
Wicked I hope you were able to figure this out. I'm still a little confused because it sounds as if you though 200C was too high yet your expecting black ABV? If your ABV is black your definitely getting the 'bad stuff'. I don't think 200C is too high and by your own use it seems that you don't think 250C is high enough either?

I was able to get my ABV uniformly light brown with the Extreme, that was my intention at least.
No the whole point I was making was that I don't think my vaporizer is operating at the heat it says it is.

My point was that at 250C's my bud should be turning black from being burnt(I think?), but it wasn't. That suggests to me that it wasn't actually 250C even though it said it was, so my vaporizer is running low.

WickedLiquid,

ZigZag

i have the Extreme Q and if i turned it up to 250 the bud turns pretty close to black when im at around 230 usually the center of my elbow pack is a dark brown and the very edge is a bit green still. if i pack the cyclone bowl it doesnt usually get very dark but over time if you constantly stir it, it starts smelling weird and changes color. have you tried elbow packing ?

ZigZag,

sixthsensi

Vapor Rapor
ShadowLink12 said:
Seeing the volcano bag hooked up to the EQ makes me ask, has anyone tried to modify the bag for the extreme so it has some sort of valve? I have always wondered this, because the only thing that would make me consider a volcano in the future is that you have to cover the extreme bag with your finger, which is kind of gross when you think about it, and it is usually fairly hot right off the unit. I thought about trying to do something myself, but I am afraid I would buy some sort of valve that gives off fumes or something, or wouldn't fit onto the mini whip. I just hate seeing that precious vapor float through the air as it leaks out when being passed.

I know the Volcano valve is patented, and only works with the volcano, but even a valve that you had to turn to open and close would be AMAZING. I am surprised Arizer hasn't come up with anything yet.
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if Arizer could design/blow a new glass mouthpiece with a little chamber inside, and some sort of glass ball inside that only lets out vapor when you inhale? You'd probably have to keep the tip up when passing, but better than nothing. Or maybe their already designing something....:2c:

sixthsensi,

wolf torn

I noticed the bud never really gets burnt up even at high temps....

my LB makes the bud more black then the EQ does

wolf torn,

sixthsensi

Vapor Rapor
lowfront said:
I noticed the bud never really gets burnt up even at high temps....

my LB makes the bud more black then the EQ does
Yeah, for those worried about burning the material, You can DEFINITELY TELL when your vapor turns to combustion! I found out the hard way while taking in a monster inhale through my bong! It started as vapor but quickly turned into smoke and made me cough like crazy! It just TAKES TIME AND EXPERIENCE to learn the ways of the vapor. But you're in luck because the vapor that you do get, will help to make you more patient and receptive. For smokers making the transition to vapor, you shouldn't expect the same exact type of onset experience from vaporization. IME, the feeling comes on in a less intrusive manner than smoking a bongload. After my body became used to vapor, it definitely let me know that it didn't want any more of that smoke shit! But I still do take a nice phat b-load whenever I go to my buddy's house. That's just being polite! :ninja:

sixthsensi,

ShadowLink12

Activist
sixthsensi said:
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if Arizer could design/blow a new glass mouthpiece with a little chamber inside, and some sort of glass ball inside that only lets out vapor when you inhale? You'd probably have to keep the tip up when passing, but better than nothing. Or maybe their already designing something....:2c:
That is what I would love to see, is Arizer coming up with a valve option. It wouldn't have to be included in the package, much like the tuff bowl, but I would order it.

ShadowLink12,

Pappy

shmaporist
ShadowLink12 said:
sixthsensi said:
That is what I would love to see, is Arizer coming up with a valve option. It wouldn't have to be included in the package, much like the tuff bowl, but I would order it.
I agree. The bag system could use a valve and the Cyclone/Elbow system would also benefit from tweaking. I find the elbow gets clogged when using the cyclone bowl and the elbow load requires too many refills. But I love EQV... Great vape!

Pappy,

WickedLiquid

ZigZag said:
i have the Extreme Q and if i turned it up to 250 the bud turns pretty close to black when im at around 230 usually the center of my elbow pack is a dark brown and the very edge is a bit green still. if i pack the cyclone bowl it doesnt usually get very dark but over time if you constantly stir it, it starts smelling weird and changes color. have you tried elbow packing ?
I have the V-Tower not Extreme, All I have is a cyclone bowl, I have no idea what elbow packing means.

Edit: So elbow packing is bending the screen inside of the whip to the side? I don't understand why, or how that would make a difference.

WickedLiquid,

deke

Vapeosaurus
Wicked: Basically it's packing the screen that fits into the elbow. The easiest way for me is to position the end of the whip (with screen in!) over my herb, and then suck into it, using it like a vacuum. It'll fill with herb. Then just give it a light tap so it doesn't fall out when you put it all together. Hope that makes sense. I'm high right now. It seems weird at first to pack an upside-down bowl.

It's pretty cool. I'll never fully abandon the cyclone bowl, but the elbow method does produce very nice hits and last quite awhile for their size, especially for personal sessions.

deke,

WickedLiquid

deke said:
Wicked: Basically it's packing the screen that fits into the elbow. The easiest way for me is to position the end of the whip (with screen in!) over my herb, and then suck into it, using it like a vacuum. It'll fill with herb. Then just give it a light tap so it doesn't fall out when you put it all together. Hope that makes sense. I'm high right now. It seems weird at first to pack an upside-down bowl.

It's pretty cool. I'll never fully abandon the cyclone bowl, but the elbow method does produce very nice hits and last quite awhile for their size, especially for personal sessions.
How do you make it stay in the screen though? Wouldn't sucking it up into the screen only work temporarily until airflow stops and then it goes back down? Or does bending it make sure that the bud goes into the crooked part?

WickedLiquid,

deke

Vapeosaurus
There's no bending involved...are we talking about the same thing? This is the little cup-shaped screen the fits snugly into the elbow piece. Herb fits nicely into it with a slight pat-down. I think there are some pictures someone posted a little earlier in the thread. I'll try to find them.

deke,

hereatlast

Many fuckers have been asking how to set up the elbow method with the Extreme. Here is how I do it.
(this was originally posted by me over a year ago in the original extreme thread)

1. First grind up your bud finer than this. For some reason my grinder could not get this particular bud any finer due to me not waiting long enough to dry it properly. This is a perfectly measured amount, I packed it first and then emptied it out to show quantity.

2. Pack it in just tight enough to not fall out when placed into the cyclone bowl. Leave your cyclone bowl empty unless you are showing off and want to blitz some buddies or put the ABV from your last elbow into the cyclone bowl for an added boost. Suck on the whips mouthpiece and the air flow should feel slightly restricted, no restriction = pack a bit more bud and a bit tighter, too much restriction = give the elbow a quick stir and re pack a little looser.

3. Here is the nicely toasted remains, I really hit this elbow hard for photo purposes, with the last 2 hits at 260c and as you can see there are a few pieces that are too dark.
The pics didn't come out. Post 988 for reference.

hereatlast,

Goodlife101

Living The Good Life
Yes packing the elbow should work a lot better especially you will notice if you are hitting it out of the whip, as for burning/charring the herb my extreme q will not let me burn my herb but it definitey gets that THC out let me tell you :p like with any vape it takes awhile and I hate to say it but some herb wasted (not always) to figure out how you want it to work.

Goodlife101,

wolf torn

Got some compressed air today and got my air flow going good again on the heating unit...

also iso the elbow...

back to normal!

wolf torn,

AreaFour20

I find that a very small amount of herb packed, not too tightly, in the elbow screen is the perfect amount for the single user.
After packing the elbow, I place it on the cyclone bowl (unit is preheted to 230 degrees C) and take a slow hit then remove the elbow from the cyclone bowl. I replace it each time for each draw then remove it again immediately.
This way I get four or five good fresh "green" hits before it starts to expend itself.
I use way less herb using this method.

I agree lowfront, Iso on that elbow screen keeps the air moving real nice!:cool:

AreaFour20,

Pappy

shmaporist
lowfront said:
Got some compressed air today and got my air flow going good again on the heating unit...
also iso the elbow...
back to normal!
Regardless of vape brand or model, every vaporist should always have a can of compressed air at hand. It's essential!

Pappy,

unzari

I love my extreme so much I get emotional over it

Bought a wee kief press on Friday and I've been doing hash/weed/kief through the elbow and bong for two days straight God, is it good lol

unzari,
Top Bottom