The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
subliminaloser said:
NOTE TO ALL:

Now one month into vaping with the Q and still loving it immensely.

SAVE YOUR AVB.

Been making fudge, cannabutter, tinture and lollipops so far.

Check out the COOKING WITH CANNABIS section

if you really want to be efficient....

I saved my home vaped ABV up for a year before I found the forum because I knew it would be good for something. One of the best decisions ive made :p I had 160g's. Ive been baking with it for a few months now. Amazing stuff!!

JDSupreme,

Pengwn

So first time using the bag and the mouthpiece got stuck =/
Being high as fuck at the time, I finished the bag through the elbow. I tried pulling it our but *snap*
CIMG1078.jpg

I'm assuming this isn't covered under the warranty because it was glass. Should I wait to hear back from Arizer or just order another part?

Pengwn,

Hery Vappy

Yeah only need to insert the balloon piece into the whip tubing enough to create a seal. My first bag I almost did the same thing. You'll need to order another piece as I doubt that is covered.

Hery Vappy,

Pengwn

Hery Vappy said:
Yeah only need to insert the balloon piece into the whip tubing enough to create a seal. My first bag I almost did the same thing. You'll need to order another piece as I doubt that is covered.
Didn't think so =/

I'm thinking of getting them from http://www.justvaporize.com/index.p...aporizer-replacement-balloon-mouthpieces.html because you can get 2 for ~2 dollars higher then the other sites for only 1 mouth piece.

Anyone else know of a better deal before I go for this?

Pengwn,

Imhi

Old member
I can add an unfortunate event to my list of 'things not to do when you're stoned' I posted earlier.

I had dumped the after-vape remains of the day into the cyclone bowl to get one last bag out of them, as I have read many vaporists do.
The machine was really hot by then, as it had been doing a few bags at 220. Also I had left the already dry herb to simmer for a few minutes before putting the fan on 3.

Just as I was admiring the thick white vapor that was streaming into the bag, I noticed a little red light inside the cyclone bowl, and instantly I saw my goodies being turned into ashes. They self ignited!

This thick vapour turned out to be light brown smoke - the lights hadn't been on before - that stank terribly. I got some of it inside me and felt sick for hours. The bag I used now has a permanent stink and I can't use it again.

The lesson: watch out when you use really dry herb in a very hot machine!

btw
There seem to be slight differences between machines, so my 220 may not be your 220.
Normally my EQ gets my weed a nice brown colour at 220, no overheating.

Imhi,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Pengwn said:
So first time using the bag and the mouthpiece got stuck =/
Being high as fuck at the time, I finished the bag through the elbow. I tried pulling it our but *snap*
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k241/Pengwnmastr/CIMG1078.jpg
I'm assuming this isn't covered under the warranty because it was glass. Should I wait to hear back from Arizer or just order another part?

If this happens again, use the trick someone posted here a few pages back: remove the cyclone bowl, then turn the fan on 3 and use the hot air to heat up the tubing and glass. Heated up they will come apart easily.

pakalolo,

Hery Vappy

Imhi the EQ is designed to never reach combustion temperatures from what I've read so your comment is puzzling. I've never gotten more than chocolate brown abv even at 260 after leaving the cyclone bowl on for hours.

Do you turn into the 3 stooges when you get high? :lol:

Hery Vappy,

Theo

I went to a party the other night and came back in 9am in the morning. My vape was out of my room and in the living room and it looked like my roommates used it (which I don't mind) but I saw that the elbow was broken :( I did have 2 elbows but I don't know where my 2nd one is, so now I just have to wait on arizer to ship the new elbow :) And hopefully I can get my friend who blows glass to repair the elbow, it's a clean break.

Turned out that my roommates dropped the hookah hose right on top of the elbow while they were drunk -.-

Theo,
Lunati said:
First post, I have been lurking for awhile and I've been toying with the idea of getting a vape, I bought a Da Buddah last year for a gift and I have used it on several occasions, I wanted something that was able to bag and whip and stumbled across the Extreme Q and was pretty hooked and reading some reviews on here.

Review:

Purchased: The Other Side on Ebay, I have ordered from them in the past and they have extremely good customer service, they will do absolutely everything to make sure you are happy. I wouldn't hesitate to order anything from them.

Price + Shipping: $156.41 (with 10% discount)

Order Date: Dec 30, 2010

Arrived: Jan 4, 2011

Pictures:

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k609/LunatiGC/DSC_0312.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k609/LunatiGC/DSC_0313.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k609/LunatiGC/DSC_0320.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k609/LunatiGC/DSC_0324.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k609/LunatiGC/DSC_0325.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k609/LunatiGC/DSC_0321.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k609/LunatiGC/DSC_0329.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k609/LunatiGC/DSC_0333.jpg

Video:

Bag Inflation Time/Demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJgEUJ02mKc

YouTube - Extreme Vaporizer 3D Health Animation by Got Vape.com

Overall Rating (9.5/10):
The new Extreme Q 4.0 is upgraded with a new Midnight Chrome finish, along with a cooler more compact design. Also included in the upgrades is the new 3 year warranty, clear view LCD screen, "fast heat" ceramic heating, 3 heat sensors, redesigned with solid state circuitry which makes it 50% more energy efficient, and still comes with a remote.

The Extreme Q 4.0 Includes:

1 Remote Control
2 Balloons
1 Mini Whip for Balloons
1 Three Foot Whip
2 Extra Interchangeable Mouthpieces
1 Potpourri Dish
2 Cyclone Bowls
1 Glass Stirring Tool
Extra Screens
Instruction Manual

Bags:
I will say vaping out of the bag is my favorite, I preheat the vape at 210C then back it down to 180C for the first bag and move up in 10C increments after each bag. The Extreme take about 1 min and 50 seconds to completely fill the bag, that is on the Fan 3 setting.

Whip:
The whip is also very nice to use, you can use the "Vapor on Demand" function to control the vape by yourself or use the "Forced Air" modes with the remote. I didn't think I would like the forced air because the hit would be airy but that wasn't the case at all.

After smoking out of both The Da Buddah and the Extreme Q 4.0 I would go with the Extreme because of how functional it is with the whip and bag system. The Da Buddah may get a little thicker hits but the Extreme is just as good with the whip. I have found that the Extreme only takes about 1 min and 15 seconds to warm up but I usually let the unit sit at 210C for 10 mins to get everything warmed up. The remote is a must have as you can control the whole unit sitting on the couch which is very nice. The reason I didn't rate it a perfect ten is because they could have used some better quality buttons and maybe a nicer remote but I'm not really going to complain about that. Overall I am very pleased with this purchase and look forward to staying smoke free!

Can't find the 10% coupon you mentioned. If anyone knows it for the ebay store let me know please.

Trickpony29,

Pengwn

Good news everybody!
I contacted E-vapor (the retailer I purchased the EQ from) and within 5 minutes of sending an email to them explaining the situation, I got this as a response!
Hi *****,

Sorry to hear that the bag mouthpiece was shattered. We will get another one shipped out to you tomorrow.

Glad you like the vape! We use that same one and love it!

We will send you the tracking number tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers,

Pengwn,

paracaps

Vape Enthusiast
!! NewBie Alert !!

I just received my Extreme Q Vap and I'm trying to remove the mouth piece from the whip/tube so I can install my Aqua Vape Vaporizer Water Filtration. I have applied some force but I can't seem to remove the mouth piece.

To my understanding it's designed to be removed so you can use different mouth pieces with friends but I haven't had much luck removing it. Has anyone got any advise on the best possible way to remove it without having to cut my tube?

Cheers,

paracaps,

Theo

Why do people never read the thread or at least do a search? This has been mentioned in the last 5pages numerous times. I came up with the trick to take off the cyclone bowl, turn up the temp to 220* or so, maybe a bit more, and then hold the tube that has the glass in it over the heater with the fan on and soon you should be able to pull it out easily.

Theo,

john24

I've just bought this vape, and when it arrives (very soon!) it will be the first time using anything like it.

Is the manual that arrives good enough? I don't want to end up using it wrong and breaking the machine!

Or if anyone has a link to a decent tutorial of the machine, so i'll know how to work it properly? Thanks!

john24,

paracaps

Vape Enthusiast
Theo said:
Why do people never read the thread or at least do a search? This has been mentioned in the last 5pages numerous times. I came up with the trick to take off the cyclone bowl, turn up the temp to 220* or so, maybe a bit more, and then hold the tube that has the glass in it over the heater with the fan on and soon you should be able to pull it out easily.

---------------

Thanks for the info Theo,
It worked like a charm

paracaps,

SundayVaper

Hey guys!

Long time lurker here (this site actually influenced my decisions to get the EQ and MFLB). Anyways, my EQ suddenly started beeping and displayed "Er5" on the LCD and the fan blows constantly.

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and if Arizer's warranty turnaround time is pretty fast? I love my MFLB, but having it as my only device right now kinda sucks...

Thanks in advance!

SundayVaper,
Hi Everyone!

I'm a new member to the forum and I'm new to vaporizing (and now a convert). After years of filthy combustion, I decided to look back into the subject of vaporizing (after first learning about them 6 years ago). I started browsing the web recently and was overwhelmed by the progress and options made available in just the last couple years.

The more I read, the more I wanted one (vaporizer). After seeing the options and reading the reviews, I decided vaporizers had evolved to a point that I needed to invest in my own. I typically want only the best for myself, and sometimes that means waiting a long time until I have the funds to do so. I decided very early on that the Volcano was the best solution for me (and wife/friends), and the best hardware available. I was most interested in the balloon option (think get-togethers and a picky wife) ;). I searched the web for volcano reviews, and then I found this forum, and... THE EXTREME Q. It seemed to good to be true; whip AND balloon? all glass path? loads of included accessories? remote control?? LESS THAN HALF THE PRICE? I decided it was too good to be true; probably just a sh*tty chinese knockoff.

HOWEVER, after 2 weeks on this forum I was convinced someone (looking at you Arizer) really did have the time, the resources and the pride to build a quality product that could compete with (what I thought was) the king of vaporizers; for a fraction of the cost. I read your reviews, and every single post in this thread on the Extreme Q. I wanted one.

With all of your help, I was able to make the difficult decision of which model to start with (not an easy task), where to buy it from (this is important), and most importantly how to use it! Many thanks to everyone! Thanks for happily answering every question that comes up and for taking care of us newbs without making us feel like newbs. Everyone here is willing to help, offer advice, give encouragement, and there have been some fantastic nuggets (heehee) of wisdom.

Ill post a review of the Extreme Q shortly. I just wanted to say thank you very much everyone for helping me and the others out with our questions and our entry into this fascinating and fun field.

Cheers and happy vaping.
:D

PS - Is it ok to give a shout-out to the store I bought my Extreme Q from? I was really worried about who I was giving my information and money to - but in the end I had a very good experience and received outstanding customer service (rare nowadays). I got the best price and had it at my door in less than 2 days (free shipping too!). I didn't want to break the rules - thats why I'm asking first.

EpicPopsicle,
^^It's me again! As promised:

Extreme Q - First Experience and Review...

Note: I'm a newb to vaping. I've combusted for years (and I don't ever want to go back). I haven't tried any other vaporizer - the Extreme Q is my first vaporizer and I cannot speak towards the other excellent vaporizers on the market; only this one. I researched my choice for 2 weeks and spent many hours reading reviews and comparisons on most of the vaporizers available. I based my decision on 1) Quality\Reliability 2) Owner Reviews 3) Price and 4) Function. I wasn't concerned with portability, bags were a bonus but not a requirement and form factor wasn't important to me (lots of choices there). With that said, the Extreme Q was the obvious winner.

My Review
The Extreme Q is a FANTASTIC piece of engineering. I was honestly taken back by the quality of the unit (and every included accessory) upon opening the box. It's *sniff* beautiful! I mean, really; huge corporations with huge pockets and huge staff sell products all the time that are absolutely inferior to this device. How did Arizer do this? It is not as good as it looks in the pictures - ITS BETTER. Its solid, its clean, its got some weight to it, its packaged well, all the parts fit with precision. And, if you read this forum, you know - even with all its bells and whistles - its RELIABLE (and from the sound of it some of you really abuse this thing!).

I removed everything from the box. Placed the main unit on the table, plugged it in, removed the battery tab from the remote, and hit the ON button. When you turn it on, the display shows 2 temperatures; the current temperature (large font on left), and the requested temperature (small font on right). The current temperature rises very rapidly in real-time. You can select the temperature by using the up and down arrows on the actual unit or the remote, and you can select pre-defined temperatures as well on the remote (like 200c, 210c, 220c, etc).

Per advice from others, I let the unit warm up for 15 minutes for its first use (even though its ready within a minute) - to burn off any manufacturing impurities. I changed the display from F to C by using the menu button on the main unit, I set the temperature to 200c, packed the elbow on the balloon whip (super easy to figure out) with grinded bud, placed it on the cyclone bowl, attached the balloon to the balloon whip, and turned on the fan to level 3. The bag filled up quickly, although there wasn't much visible vapor (which I blame completely on my material - read on!).

How well does vaping work? Imagine this. I have horrible material, I mean HORRIBLE. It would be categorized under 'schwag' (definition: sh*ttiest of the sh*tty). And, are you ready for this? This herb is AT LEAST 3 years old [GASP]. With that said, I dove right in to my first balloon of mostly clear, ever so slightly hazy bag of warm air. I took it slow and deep, and held my breaths as long as I could. By the time 75% of the bag was depleted - I was cooked (I mean vaked!). How vaked? Try outside my body looking in - GONE. LOL! "No way" I thought to myself, "this thing actually works!"

It's been a week now, and I've had four different sessions on the Extreme Q, with the worst material on earth, 1 bag per session, 1.5 bags per elbow pack. Each session has gotten me to the point where I am completely useless to the world for the first 30 minutes, then chatty and philosophizing for the next hour, then foggy brained with a mellow body high for the next 4+ hours. Wow.

If I was able to get blasted from the pinch of crappy carpet pickings that fits into that tiny elbow, I can only imagine how well this device would perform with actually decent material.

When I emptied the elbow afterwards, I realized how little material I actually used. Holy cow. This thing is EFFICIENT. It normally takes me several bowls of good material on a bubbler to get me this baked - or at least a joint. How much is an elbow pack? Let me just say I would normally use 2x-4x this amount per single bowl in the glass I used in the past.

To those that are wondering on how difficult it is to setup and use all the accessories that come with the Extreme Q - don't be intimidated. ITS EASY. Everything fits together very intuitively. I'm by no means experienced with vaporizers, and I figured it all out without reading the directions. Arizer really did a good job on making this unit usable by anyone THE FIRST TIME. And the elbow pack? Yeah I was confused when I read about it too; and no matter how many times someone asks, no one could give a solid answer. Well guess what, ITS STUPIDLY EASY. Lol. I'll explain that in another post.

I'll leave it there. If your in the market for a vaporizer, I hope I gave you some insight and help with your choice. If I can answer any other questions or if there is anything I missed, I'll try to help out. As you can tell, I'm really happy with my choice. If you're on the fence on which vaporizer to buy, and if the EQ is on your list, just buy it and move forward with your life. You won't be sorry!

Cheers and happy vaping.
:D:peace:

EpicPopsicle,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Welcome to the club, Epic. I've made many, many converts by prothlesizing the Q. I'm sure you will too. I just discovered the joy of vaporbonging with my Q and I love it even more today than the day I bought it. You should give that a try. It'll blow you away.

Enjoy!

Stu,
It's me again! As promised:

Extreme Q - and the mystical elbow pack (aka elbow pack 101)...

Ok guys, I'm going to explain the often perplexing elbow pack and attempt to put this lingering and often puzzling question to rest, for good. I'm going to explain this without the use of pictures, so focus on my w o r d s... [queue hypnotic music]. I believe in you, you can do this!

Note: So for those of you that wonder why nobody takes the time to answer this question in detail on how to actually do this; I finally know why. The reason? BECAUSE ITS EASY AND THEY'VE ALREADY EXPLAINED IT! And everyone knows that once the thing is in front of you, you'll figure it out on your own, really!

If you read my posts above you know I'm the new owner of an Extreme Q (EQ) and this was one of the questions I had as well (before I received my EQ). With that said...

EXTREME Q - HOW TO PACK THE ELBOW
Prerequisite: Put the cyclone bowl on top of the unit. Don't put anything in the cyclone bowl - its going to stay empty from now one - kapeesh? Turn on the unit, set it to 200c. No fan, just turn it on. Let it get to 200c, it takes less than a minute. No need to let the unit sit at this temperature for any amount of time, no need to percolate your bud. Just do what I say.

1) Grab an elbow - any elbow.
--The EQ ships with two elbows. One for the whip, one for the balloon. They are the exact same. They are the 90 degree glass pieces that sit on top of the cyclone bowl. The cyclone bowl is the glass that always sits on top of the EQ. The elbow is the piece that is most often taken on and off the EQ whether you load the cyclone bowl or elbow.

2) Turn elbow over (upside down).
--Look into the end of the elbow that sits in the cyclone bowl (not the end that connects to the whip or balloon). What will you see? You will see a screen. It is in a bowl shape screen. You can barely stick your pinky into this end of the elbow, and then you will hit that screen. Its a curved screen, and it fits the rounded tip of your pinky perfectly. Got it?

3) Put material into elbow, on top of screen
--If you've ever used a bong, its just liked loading a bowl - no different! Except that it barely takes any to fill. Its small, and not very deep. Now pack that material down ever so lightly with your pinky or the squared end of the glass stir stick that ships with the EQ. It won't take much pressure - I barely tamp it down, flip it over, and nothing falls out.

4) Flip elbow back over, put on top of cyclone bowl.
--This is what you always do. But this time you have nothing in the cyclone bowl. So just put the elbow on. DO IT.

5) Fill balloon or use wand
--Again, that's up to you, but your ready. Start at 200c whether on a whip or balloon. Depending on the quality of your bud, you can fill at least 1 balloon with vapor or take 4-15 good vapor hits from the whip. Again, it depends on the material (strain, age, etc). From what I've gathered, how much vapor and how thick it is (white milky cloud vs clear vapor) YOU get depends on what your burning, not how your doing it (so stop thinking your screwing something up). When you feel like you've depleted your material, turn it up in 5c degree increments, 200c to 205c (etc), and see if you get any more vapor. From what I read, most people stop at 210c.

And that's it! See, it's easy!

So why elbow vape?
Again, summarizing what a lot of people have already said, it's really up to you, but a lot of people swear by it compared to the cyclone bowl method. The cyclone bowl method is the normal method, the elbow method is considered not using it really as intended (or maybe Arizer did intend this as a choice, not sure), but getting better results. Long story short, both methods work, but give you different results. It's nice to have the option though, as they have different purposes and different results. Read on...

---
Pros to elbow method:
-All your material is packed into a tiny area and it can't move. All the hot air is forced through all you material at once, in a much smaller cavity then the cyclone bowl. The result is thicker and quicker vapor. You can disagree with this, and you can also suck my whip. :lol:

Cons to elbow method:
-You use up an elbow a lot quicker then a cyclone bowl. Why? Because it holds WAY less then the cyclone bowl. Which means you have to repack your elbow more often. With that said, you may not even make it past 1 elbow pack! :brow:

Pros to cyclone bowl:
-Set it and forget it. You can put a lot more material in the cyclone bowl, which means you won't be getting off your ass as much. This is probably good for groups of people sharing your epic vaporizer.

Cons to Cyclone bowl:
- This method could take you longer to get to your finish line as the vapor may not be as concentrated. You'll still extract the same amount of THC from your material; it may just take longer to do it.
---

Whats the difference between the cyclone bowl and elbow?
--The cyclone bowl is like a big round globe. The heat comes up from the bottom, the material dances and spins around like a bingo ball machine, and in theory the heated air touches every side of each little piece uniformly. Vapor releases and continues out the top of the globe into your whip or balloon.
--The elbow sits on top of the cyclone bowl (or globe). It has a little screen pocket to stop any stray material from leaving the unit and flying into your lungs. That little pocket can be stuffed with material. All the hot air goes right past the empty cyclone bowl and smacks right into your packed wall of material all at once. And BAMMO your hit with a thick blast of milky vapor. Depending again on your material and how well you read my guide above. :D

---

Other methods
--Some people only pack the elbow screen with fresh bud. Once that bud is used (ABV or Already Been Vaped), they dump it in the cyclone bowl and pack the elbow with fresh material. Yes, they BOTH can be used at the same time. I just blew your mind.

---
Q and A:
1) Question: If you pack the elbow with bud, how does that affect the air flow? Won't it restrict the air path to the point where it will clog the tube?
Answer: No. Really, I was surprised. The air goes right through the bud in the elbow. Its M A G I C .

2) Question: If you pack material into the elbow, then turn it upside down, what keeps it from falling down into the cyclone bowl?
Answer: Well hopefully you packed it down enough not to fall out when you flipped it over. It really doesn't require much, just a very gentle tamp. Why does it not fall out? Like I said already, M A G I C.

3) Question: How hard is this really? Will I figure it out once I get my unit?
Answer: Dogh! Did you not read this post? It's so easy a 2yo could figure it out. No, you won't screw it up, I swear, you can't! I take that back.

4) Question: Won't you go through a lot more weed that way, DUDE? I mean if your frequently refilling the elbow, why not just use the cyclone bowl?? What a waste of material?
Answer: WHAT? No no no. You don't use MORE material, your just using less at a time. Its like switching the gas tank on a car. It gets the same MPG, just a smaller tank. And some say its more potent. It can be, but really your just getting your material in you faster. And MAGIC, don't forget the MAGIC.

5) Question: I still don't get it.
Answer: Seriously? You were suppose to get vaked AFTER reading this. Go sober up and read this again. :p
---

I hope that helps. If I can answer any other questions or if there is anything I missed, please say so.

Cheers and happy vaping.
:D:peace:

EpicPopsicle,
Reactions: Tweak

SundayVaper

Hey Epic!

Personally I would suggest elbow packs for the whip only. I personally get milkier balloons using the cyclone and the fan on 1. I also think it's more efficient. As far as the packing goes, just put the elbow in your grinder and suck the herb up through the whip :ninja:

Anyways, I've just got the best herb I've had in months and my evil month old EQ is just staring at me with it's stupid error message... sigh

SundayVaper,

john24

Thanks guys, all this help has been fantastic - just used the extreme Q for the first time, and love it!

How long can you safely keep the extreme Q running for heated up? If your on and off the whip for a while? Do you have to turn it off after so long?

john24,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Another way is to modify the cyclone. There is a thread here about it. If you take a stainless wire and fit it into the cyclone, it raises the screen slightly. This allows more herb surface to be heated. I know that is not a good description, but it really works. I don't pack elbows anymore, and I even use less. I drop in just enough to cover the screen then I start at 190 and work up to 220 or 230.

Tstat,

Hery Vappy

Great recap epic although you could have referenced the vaporedia thread at the top of the page and saved yourself some time. :lol:

When I first got my EQ I was all over the elbow pack but have now migrated to the cyclone. If you only want one bag then the elbow is perfect otherwise the cyclone is the better option IMO. I usually user the elbow pack when I use the whip solo, otherwise you are filling it too much.

Hery Vappy,
Top Bottom